BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

@SS
The comment I suppose was more formed since you keep on mentioning none of the males interest you sexually, then you followed it with being fine with more playful things and liking darker things :P But it was also formed halfhearted and as a poorly formed joke :P

Hello Vonandi!
Glad to see more interest, and I will admit your username caught my interest due to the meaning of the word Vonandi in Icelandic :) And seeing more females join the cast is awesome :)

SweetSerenade

OH! No Melody, I'm meaning like... darker things like combat and potential injuries and stuff like that. xD Playful is just like joking around in the cafe and stuff <3 I'm sorry, I should be clearer <3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Gardsorm

Alright... Uh, I figure I'll put this up here for now! If spots for male Occultists open up later, I'll run this fellow. :3 I showed him to Leki and Melody (still awaiting their critique), but I figured I'd toss him up here for everyone else to pick at and tear apart with criticisms if need be. o: I'm not afraid of a few harsh words!

Possibly for later

Name: Takuya Shiraishi
Player: Gardsorm
Height: 5'7
Hair Color: Pink
Eye Color: Blue
World: // Earth
Sexuality: Heteroflexible

Personality
Mischievous: There's always good in the world, just as there's always evil. This is an unspoken fact... But what about people who didn't care about all that and just made the best of their own situations? This is where Takuya fits in. Forces of good opposing evil doesn't really interest him as much as living his life the way he intended, occasionally making a little set our or taking a shortcut... Or to metaphorically get drunk and see where he wound up the next morning. Many of Takuya's choices may not exactly be the right ones, but he's more than happy to live with the consequences as long as nothing profoundly bad came of it. This includes playing pranks on others, small misdemeanors like shoplifting if he has no cash, charming women (and the odd man) into giving him something, blatantly disregarding some rules or exploring locales he's otherwise been told is off limits... The world was made to be explored, and so he feels nothing should stand in the way of him doing him. Even though everything from Occultists, Shadows, and Shiki can definitely make living this way a little more than simply annoying.

Flighty: Takuya definitely manages to get himself into some worrisome or troublesome situations, no two ways about it. However, he can be just as evasive and get himself out of a situation if he feels like he'll lose control of it. For one reason or another, he's awkward about committal and has never been known to actually engage in any relationships for very long. He can flirt and play along, but if it seems like it will get too intense, he'll quickly try to excuse his way out of it. When put into a disadvantageous situation in combat or the real world, he's very quick to locate the quickest way out of a problem with minimal harm for himself and others, as there's no enjoyment to be had in death. Many have considered him a coward for this, but he prefers to see himself as a pragmatist. As to why he has no history of committal in relationships, he prefers to not expound on. He just finds his current lifestyle far easier to deal with, danger be damned.

Human Background
Social Status Takuya comes from a middle class working family, nothing truly extravagant or deplorable about his living conditions and lifestyles. He was intelligent, he landed good grades in his academics... But he also tended to act out a bit and cemented himself as a class clown and someone who didn't like being forced to accept the same situation as everyone else. Many times his parents questioned why he acted in such a manner, believing he learned it from other students, but in the end it was just the call of freedom that really made him want to do what he did, be what he wanted to be.

Ultimately, they agreed on a compromise: If he agreed to cut down on horsing around, he could stay with them until graduation, where they would help him to secure his own place. From there, he could do what he wanted, though they encouraged him to try and keep up good behavior. He agreed for the most part, but saved his goofing off for after achool, where it didn't particularly bother anyone... Years later, he had his own home to hang out in, and he's more than free to act as he pleases, but his living situation has definitely become complicated thanks to what he later learned was his body giving off a huge deal of prana...

Personal Aspirations When it comes to personal aspirations, Takuya didn't have very many. He intended to simply coast along in life and see where it took him, even after he had to readjust how he lived his academic and social life. To him, as long as he found something that paid well and helped him keep his place, he probably wouldn't object too badly. Maybe he could be a waiter, or a professional driver or racer, or any number of increasingly normal or crazy delusions. Of course many of that came to an end once he hit 18 and was forced to run for his life one unfortunate night. Life always knew how to stick it to him, but this was the worst... It landed him a job as an Occultist, sure, but it wasn't something he intended on.

More than anythinf, he considered getting into a job of bsrtending, as it was low-key, comfortable work he could play around with. Even though the idea for it had just been picked up on a whim from playing a few games, he always wound up romanticizing how it would work, coming across people to meet and flirt with, get information and dirty details from, things he could use to blackmail others with. Since becoming an Occultist, however, he's partly been forced to give it up but hopes to one day get the chance to give it a shot.

Shadows & Shiki He's been told the breakdown of the both of them, and he understands the dangers. As far as he knows, Shadows are the big bad things to avoid and no Shikis are the otherworldly folks that help give runts like him the chance to fight back. Of course, he still often muses to himself with the fact that if a Shadow could manage to look like a halfway decent female, he might just have to flirt with it and see what happens. Naturally he keeps such a thought to himself as many of his associates have a wide reaching hatred of Shadows for understandable reasons.

As for Shikis, many have very varied and attractive designs for him, but he hasn't truly gotten the chance to really open up to any of them. Of course, his personality likely tends to put him away from being considered to be interacted with by them, and he knows this. Most Shikis probably just look for those courageous people who won't hesitate to bond with them and give them everything they have... But him? He wants to wait and see what they have to offer him and what they can do for him before he thinks about how he's going to use their power for the sake of the world.

Other Points of Interest:
- He's considered crossdressing to see how well he could fool a guy into thinking he was a girl. This was only a personal whim and not motivated by anything besides 'I wonder if I could...'
- He has an understanding that what Occultists do is dangerous work and that he should take things more seriously, but part of him can't help but still make light of it. It comes off like a stereotypical good vs evil fight that others isn't supposed to know sbout, and the thought of being an unsung hero doesn't fill him with much confidence. Fortunately the allowance given to him more than makes up for hero duty!
- His Sigil exist on his left wrist. Nothing particularly outstanding about location.

SweetSerenade

Avalon29

I spot someone who would work as a shenanigans buddy for Haru. xD

Gardsorm

I'm glad you two like him. xD Don't get too comfortable yet, I gotta see what Leki says first! I will say I had untold amounts of amusing thoughts making him, but if you have any criticisms about him, I'm all ears!

Avalon29

Have to admit, I haven't seen a single character so far I don't like in someway yet and I'm eager to see how Haru interacts with everybody. ^^

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Gardsorm on February 12, 2018, 06:17:21 PM
I'm glad you two like him. xD Don't get too comfortable yet, I gotta see what Leki says first! I will say I had untold amounts of amusing thoughts making him, but if you have any criticisms about him, I'm all ears!

Nope, he looks like so much fun.

You know, I think what I'm going to be amused most by is whenever someone recognizes Noel xD That's going to make so many interesting situations.

Gardsorm

Quote from: Avalon29 on February 12, 2018, 06:24:07 PM
Have to admit, I haven't seen a single character so far I don't like in someway yet and I'm eager to see how Haru interacts with everybody. ^^

You're a huge ray of sunshine, Avalon, and damn it I've missed interacting with you. T_T I'm gonna make the most of this time!

Quote from: SweetSerenade on February 12, 2018, 06:25:07 PM
Nope, he looks like so much fun.

You know, I think what I'm going to be amused most by is whenever someone recognizes Noel xD That's going to make so many interesting situations.

Wwll, a global level singer who suddenly disappeared? I'm sure anyone interested would want to ask akd confirm she is who she he is. :3

Though Takuya would probably ask her to sing for him on a whim, just to be able to brag to others that he got a personal request answered by her, even though no one will believe him since she's supposedly disappeared. =p

SweetSerenade

That and she probably has to deny, constantly, that she's not that Singer, unless she's with specific people. She hasn't exactly earned herself some 'freedom' yet. She's still very very angry about having her career stolen from her. Because as she puts it "So what if I can bond with those creatures, they weren't my dream! Now I have to tramp around during an unholy magically created hour, and deal with monstrosities because fuck decided that I'm required to dedicate myself to saving humanity." xD

xD But she'd take singing requests, honestly, she misses singing.

Avalon29

Quote from: Gardsorm on February 12, 2018, 06:32:04 PM
You're a huge ray of sunshine, Avalon, and damn it I've missed interacting with you. T_T I'm gonna make the most of this time!

Darn it Gard. You're going to make me blush.

MelodyCake

Well! Some of you may recognize Ari :P Here's how my character sheet looks so far, there are a few more things I need to add in there. It's getting late (or early in the morning, depending on how you view it) and it is time that I eat the sleep.

Name: Ari
Player: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Gold
World: Errure
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality
Feral: Almost feral in personality, Ari isn't necessarily known for swooning people with charm and class at first interactions, nor is he known for entering a scene with elegance. No, the short gray eared wolf behaves more animal then human, despite the physical attributes of the beast being a lot less then the more human characteristics that showcase beast-kin. Demanding or taking things instead of asking, Ari believes if he is strong enough to make it is own, either by grip or scent, it's his.
"Hungry like a wolf~" With rumored black hole for a stomach, Ari will never say no to offered food of pretty much any kind, and even actively goes out of his way to search for a possible next meal. Though nothing beats the thrill off the hunt.

Shiki Background
History: Back on Errure, Ari had settled in nicely into the life he had set for himself. With his own home, and his own little part of the forest that he ruled over. But of course, that was all changed when the humans summoned him to their world. It took the wolf, reluctantly, weeks to settle in and adjust to the new world he found himself in, and soon enough he learned that he needed to work with a human to get even a taste of his former self. Eventually she stepped into his world, turning it upside down once again; Ame, the occultist that promised him nothing but greatness in return for their partnership.

The months passed, and their partner ship blossomed into what any occultist dreams of, and for a while there were whispers of the newly formed duo, possible lovers, that fought the shadows undefeated. Every day, Ari could feel himself tasting, more and more of the powerful Errureian he was before coming to earth, and the more he found himself eagerly deepening the bond with the hairless monkey he fought besides. Alas, it was not meant to be, and Ame met with a rather unfortunate faith; Death. No one fully able to declare her cause of death, and with Ari on sight covered in her blood by his chest, throat and mouth, many feared the possibility that the occultist own shiki had turned on her and eaten her during the chaos at The Dark Hour.

Perception of Humanity The wolf views humans as a mixture of annoyance, and playthings, and it's hard to say that Ari is fond of the humans as long term company, though on more then one occasion, he has mentioned that he does enjoy the flavour of the human flesh. Occultists have a bit more use to the gray haired wolf then the average human, and he finds himself drawn in to finding a new partner. After all, Ari without his former greatness finds himself constantly longing for the strength that had gotten him his own personal little kingdom within the forest he lived in. That, was something he eagerly wanted to regain.

(Default Power) Enhanced Feral Senses: With the agility, hearing, speed and strength of a wolf, Ari packs one hell of a bite. But, what perhaps makes him different from the 'average wolf eared boy', is his nose, that can sniff out anything; be it food, people, demons, and even if someone is using their powers, or not.

(Additional Power) //Your character can unlock one new power/ability up until level 4. So any additional powers your character may have. You can leave these slots blank as well until they become relevant.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
- Ari has neither confirmed nor denied the rumor of having eaten his former partner, Ame the occultist.
-
-

Leki

Guess what? I fell asleep xD
So naturally that means discussion would happen~

@Vonandi
Would be great to have you join the group, even moreso if you're thinking of a female Shiki.

@Gardsorm (Takuya)
Short answer he's accepted, and I'll be sending the confirmation PM over shortly.

@MelodyCake
Will read over him in a bit and get back to you (After Gard)

Gardsorm

Woohoo! Alrighty then, guess I can get some preliminary planning done and see about a few potential interactions between folks! :3

SweetSerenade

Ari just jumped up on my list, oh sweet heaven that's a wonderful character. xD I now have that I would be quite pleased to pursue something with if it happened to work out organically in the game! xD But uh... Yeah so ... -coughs-

And I'm glad to hear Takuya will be joining us! ;3

Avalon29

And now we have Ari joining us again as well yay!

Gardsorm

Yeeep! I'm looking forward to partying with the rest of this cool crew. <3 Look forward to the potential chaos, hilarity, and everything in between!

SweetSerenade

I'm super excited too! This is shaping up to be a really intriguing cast!

Leki

Mhmm, things are starting to shape up nicely indeed~
I'm no longer going to be keeping the roster on the second post updated though,
And will instead just be keeping the character roster on the Info thread updated.
We're still accepting character, but since I always make one of these for every GRP I join...
(Note slots don't mean anything)

Gardsorm

So lesse... 4 Occultists  (3 males, 1 female), 4 Shikis  (3 males, 1 female). On one hand I feel a little bad skewing that spectrum more toward male.

On the other, I have way too much fun planned to let it bother me. >____>; 'sides, we may have one or two Shikis from folks yet to have signed up, and a couple of those already signed up who might make some. xD Lesse how the number looks in the grand scheme after that. =p

Leki

I wouldn't be too worried about the gender balance just yet.
As you said we've got three potential females stuck in pipeworks (Vonandi, Sephora, Rynn)
And Avalon, Joanie, MelodyCake, and perhaps even myself are contemplating a female.
Not sure where SweetSerenade rests with their secondary preference but a possibility there as well.

If people think it would help we can start discussing ideas for secondary characters?
From what I've seen so far I think Melusine would be green lighted without issue.
The Shuten Doji concept might need a bit measuring but it could definitely work.

Since I've received a complaint, I'd also like discussion to move away from "There's no compatible characters"
To something more positive. Essentially, I'm interested in hearing what sort of characters people would like to see.
Whether it be an image they'd like someone to use, a personality type they're craving, or an idea they think could be interesting.
Personally I'd be interested in seeing a female character that leans a bit more towards the sweet side of things.
I'm not requesting a shy quiet submissive by any means, but between Noel and Tsukasal; it may be nice to have someone that's less confrontation/assertive. Could elaborate a bit more on the preference if someone's considering it. But I'll leave it at that for now.

JoanieSappho

I wouldn't say that Mel's less assertive, but definitely less forceful for sure. And I do like the idea of her getting all motherly over Noel and/or the other humans, so I'm pretty sure that'lll be happening.

SweetSerenade

Noel may be driven but that doesn't mean she can't be sweet. XD

Leki

@Joanie
Hmmm, I'm not really sure what the word I'm looking for is xD
Melusine could be assertive but it wasn't in the same way I'd expect most female characters would?
She had kind of a dominatrix feel to her to be honest xD
Maybe temperamental? Not quite it, but for some reason I imagine the dragon-snake lady to be a lot less.... I don't know.
Moody isn't the right word xD But essentially I imagine her having a cold temper, rather than a heated emotional outburst?
I'm waffling xD

@SS
I'm sure Noel can have her sweet moments, in fact even beefy Akira probably has sweet moments xD
Think it'll be interesting, and I'm looking forward seeing various facets of all of the individual personalities~

MelodyCake

Whoo! I'm glad peoples are liking Ari :P I definitely look forward to seeing how he plays out in action with the current cast of characters.
Looks like we have some characters who could end up doing some shenanigans off their own :P

As Leki mentioned, I am currently thinking of a female secondaries, though I'm not sure if I should go Shiki or human if that's the case. But I am actually more then happy to start discussing ideas with people who are interested in making secondaries as well.