News:

Main Menu

D3 is live

Started by SinXAzgard21, May 15, 2012, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Yes it is, just went live 7 minutes ago and already I can't even log in due to the massive amounts of people doing the same... So I say fuck it I'll play when I get up.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Callie Del Noire

Yeah.. it makes SOOOOO much sense to make it online only.

I got in.. but can't get past character creation screen myself. :(

Shjade

^

Why I didn't buy it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aiden

Like any midnight blizzards releases go off without a hitch.

I just got home from game stop, installing it now.

Dariusfallenstar

Playing it tomorrow. But, I scheduled an extra 12 hour shift at work so I can play it all day Saturday too.  >:)

dready

Installed but can't play. Video card is incompatible. :C

Sabby

I was somewhat interested. Watched the beta, it looked fun, and I would have played it, but I'm not supporting this online garbage, even though it's futile -.- next console generation is guna implement this shit as well. Gaming subscriptions are guna be the norm at some point.

Hemingway

I was going to buy it, but I decided to check Metacritic first, and ... well, user reviews aren't exactly a reliable source of information ( nor are critic reviews for that matter - anyone want to bet D3 will get a score of anything less than the upper end of 80? ), but some of the things I read turned me off. There may come a day when I'm bored out of my mind and decide to get it, but for now ... I'm going to stay strong.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on May 15, 2012, 02:17:24 AM
^

Why I didn't buy it.

I didn't buy, I did the annual pass and got it as a bonus considering I still play WoW.

Inkidu

Can't even play it if I wanted to, so Blizzard's never getting a dime from me again. Anyway, they closed down Blizzard North so Blizzard isn't even Blizzard anymore. I sincerely hope against hope that Blizzard goes red with this. Maybe it will teach them something about ten-year development cycles and making sure you have enough day-one support for what you know is damn well going to happen. Seriously, it's not like they didn't know it was going to happen. The Diablo imitators look better than Diablo. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 15, 2012, 01:43:35 PM
I didn't buy, I did the annual pass and got it as a bonus considering I still play WoW.

Same.  I'm not buying this game.  It's a lot of fun, but given Blizz's ineptness, I'm not surprised that it turned out this way.  Oh, and apparently, there's a game breaking bug for the Demon Hunter/ress.

Error 3006.  Careful equipping shields on the Templar.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on May 15, 2012, 02:18:31 PM
Can't even play it if I wanted to, so Blizzard's never getting a dime from me again. Anyway, they closed down Blizzard North so Blizzard isn't even Blizzard anymore. I sincerely hope against hope that Blizzard goes red with this. Maybe it will teach them something about ten-year development cycles and making sure you have enough day-one support for what you know is damn well going to happen. Seriously, it's not like they didn't know it was going to happen. The Diablo imitators look better than Diablo. 

Did Blizzard kill your dog or something?

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 15, 2012, 02:30:33 PM
Did Blizzard kill your dog or something?
Some people hate EA, I think Blizzard/Activision is worse.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on May 15, 2012, 03:03:55 PM
Some people hate EA, I think Blizzard/Activision is worse.

Care to give a reason or three?

EA has killed off what.. a dozen potential games for reasons like 'no franchise potential', locking down sports franchise games, buying and gutting game studios right, left and center.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 15, 2012, 03:30:59 PM
Care to give a reason or three?

EA has killed off what.. a dozen potential games for reasons like 'no franchise potential', locking down sports franchise games, buying and gutting game studios right, left and center.
I'm not going to get into this argument I've been there too many times.

Chris Brady

And frankly, both companies are just as bad as the other.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sel Nar

EA at least Tried to add new IPs to its marketplace (Dead Space, for example) and let formerly-absorbed studios regain independence (EA Redwood becoming Visceral, due to the success of Dead Space); they're still an 'evil empire', mind, but they're at least trying to be less 'stupid evil' and more 'lawful evil'.

ActiBlizz is on public record as stating that they were seriously wanting any game with any mutiplayer component they made to be pay-to-play for the SP and MP, and have been murdering more franchises via milking the dry, shrivelled black teat of CowaDoody and other generic 'hide behind cover because the AI shot you through a wall and now you can't see shit because you're covered in raspberry jam' games.

Aiden

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on May 15, 2012, 05:46:57 PM
EA at least Tried to add new IPs to its marketplace (Dead Space, for example) and let formerly-absorbed studios regain independence (EA Redwood becoming Visceral, due to the success of Dead Space); they're still an 'evil empire', mind, but they're at least trying to be less 'stupid evil' and more 'lawful evil'.

ActiBlizz is on public record as stating that they were seriously wanting any game with any mutiplayer component they made to be pay-to-play for the SP and MP, and have been murdering more franchises via milking the dry, shrivelled black teat of CowaDoody and other generic 'hide behind cover because the AI shot you through a wall and now you can't see shit because you're covered in raspberry jam' games.
Pretty much this.

Aiden: I would, but my tears would destroy you. They would lay waste to your soul!  >:)

Samael

EA killed Westwood, and what is more important,

Farewell, my loved Ultima.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Inkidu

Quote from: Samael on May 15, 2012, 09:54:34 PM
EA killed Westwood, and what is more important,

Farewell, my loved Ultima.

Actually Westwood can be found in Visceral.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Callie Del Noire

I honestly wonder though if anyone bothered to shock test battle net though.

It's been up and down like a yoyo. This is why I wonder why they thought a constant online presence was so smart.

Shjade

There's only so much you can do to stress test a service without actually unleashing 5+ million users on it simultaneously, I guess.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on May 15, 2012, 11:01:34 PM
There's only so much you can do to stress test a service without actually unleashing 5+ million users on it simultaneously, I guess.

True.. but you can predict system load. Design of a network isnt' a mystic art though. And they do run something like what.. 10 million users of WoW.