D&D 3.5e group recruitment //full\\

Started by Combicon, December 24, 2008, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 26, 2008, 07:25:07 PM
Sorry a JOAT rogue screams Human, but a twin sister could be a non-identical twin if the mother had relations with another man at the same time of conception her sister could be a human. Different sperm in a different egg.

Well, the deal is I want it to be tiefling because I have fascination for so cross bloodlined twins, other being distant related to celestial while other is distantly related to fiend but both share same blood and are related. I do not force this idea on anyone if no one really wants play a tiefling woman. But can GM control her then as a npc?

goalt

I'm sure Combi would be willing to add an NPC like that at some point--obviously not a party regular, but...
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

RubySlippers

I didn't say no they do get nice bonuses and all. Let me think about it a bit I did kind of like the idea of an acrobatic catburgler later on. And the higher Intelligence would compensate for losing the human modifier to skill points.

Zaer Darkwail

And also dex which rogues favor also. You lose Cha bit but with so high rolled charisma your pretty little fiend gal instead disturping/ugly one :D. Also darkvision is handy in night tasks and so is darkness (cover/concealment on demand, can be very powerful if you multiclass into shadow dancer later on).

Alignment wise I wish my twin sister is either evil or neutral (at least accepts her brother is Lawful evil).

RubySlippers

A boy, icky!  ;)

I was thinking a nice professional rogue likely LN, may be a rogue but darn it there are rules you don't rat out your friends or break ones word. I mean some things are not done.

And Dex is not that big for 3.5 rogues many skills are using other stats save Con. But the big ones would get a nice bonus.

Aren't most Mafia types and the better evil warlords all LE, after all they seem to be good to their minions and tend to keep up appearances?

goalt

I'd really prefer not to have more evil in the party, m'self. >.>
O&O

Tonalberry

Evil?  Where?  *prepares for smiting*

Well, at least I chose to be a neutral good war cleric rather than a lawful one.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 26, 2008, 07:25:07 PM
Sorry a JOAT rogue screams Human, but a twin sister could be a non-identical twin if the mother had relations with another man at the same time of conception her sister could be a human. Different sperm in a different egg.

The term is fraternal twin.  My mother and her brother were fraternals. ^_^

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I am 'nice' LE guy. I just lack compassion for anyone expect twin sister is sole exception. Also we both growed on warfare/battlefield environment which gave no mercy nor space grow kindness. But our father figure was LE merc who always kept his word and did any task what he was hired for and had some codes of honor (hire burn village down along killing all men and near adult boys and enslave women? Okay. Assassination princess? Okay but it costs extra. Torture and sacrifice women and children for summoned demons? No hell way! It's dangerous and wrong!).

So, keep background in mind for personality. You can be plain professional rogue who focus determine money her morals most cases but she does not do any unnecessary 'cruelties'. Which in Valar's case he could do if he is angry and is more bit ruthless in combat.

goalt

In other news, hope everyone's okay with my gratuitous nudity. >.>
O&O

Zaer Darkwail

hehe, I noticed the feat :). Nudist mages are fun.

goalt

Going to go into the Skyclad Practitioner (also on dandwiki(, all three levels of it, starting lv 3, too.  ;D
O&O

RubySlippers

I decided on a human I really need to focus on this as a JOAT and an extra feat and general racial social benefits are rather important.

goalt

O&O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 26, 2008, 09:17:08 PM
I decided on a human I really need to focus on this as a JOAT and an extra feat and general racial social benefits are rather important.

Ok, play then human rogue if you like it so much then :). I just hope GM then arranges the twin appearances.

RubySlippers

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=19121

She is coming along I like that site to go with the whole character theme I added Charmed as a Feat, for that luck once a day that might save her life. And later I can add Fortune to allow a re-roll. JOATS tend to relie on having great equipment to give bonuses, luck and prayers since they rarely excel at anything. So am going with the theme.

I found a picture for her: http://fantasti.cc/user/dbooby/images/image/189925

I went for the wholesome beauty that is fun to be around and right now I made her alignment neutral, favors not being around extremes of ethics and wants to make money while being a professional just is flighty and never settled on a specialty and likely won't. I figure I will add some skills to things she does during the game and some she just gravitates to at the time. If she enters a WIZARD PHASE she might pick up Knowledge (arcana) 1 rank just because it interests her at the moment for an example.

Being a discrete rogue she likely will just carry daggers for combat, well several.  ;)  I might take a short sword though I'm not sure yet.

The American Patriot

If any of the magic users or GMs want to get a copy of Encyclopaedia Arcane Nymphology let me know, and i'll email it to you.
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Tonalberry

Already got it, and the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

RubySlippers

Anyone have a decent online gaming source for rogue stuff - caltrops, marbles, blinding powder and the like?

goalt

I could use Nymphology, Patriot. Already have the BoEF.
O&O

The American Patriot

Quote from: goalt on December 26, 2008, 11:55:51 PM
I could use Nymphology, Patriot. Already have the BoEF.

Sure thing.. just PM me your email addy and i'll send it to you asap. :)

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 26, 2008, 11:04:18 PM
Anyone have a decent online gaming source for rogue stuff - caltrops, marbles, blinding powder and the like?

I think I do, i'll start going through my PDFs and see what I have. :)
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Combicon

I don't understand your generators. XD
I'lll pester goalt about it when she gets on.

Tonalberry

Quote from: Combicon on December 27, 2008, 07:13:28 PM
I don't understand your generators. XD
I'lll pester goalt about it when she gets on.

I just did mine the old fashioned way, looked in the book, rolled some dice, typed out what I got.

RubySlippers

Mine you just post the link and there is the character sheet all nice and pretty. With 29 skills and extra slots for crafts and professions, and intending add more I didn't feel like writing it all out.

But a Jack of All Trades has to add a craft and profession each level its kind of tradition, plus any odd skill we have we can pick up. Like if we hang out around the ranger in the woods survival is likely to be one, riding at some point, if she gets together with the Conjuress likely some knowledge of magic and spellcraft is coming. Basically rogue skills always take the second burner. But the right gear could add to that which is why I want a e-book or something that covers clothes and gear to make thieving easier. Every bonus ,even small, can make a difference.

goalt

Complete Scoundrel might help you there.
O&O