Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

As all became quiet once again, a spectral mist formed under the moonlight. The mist ebbed and flowed, never gaining shape but always moving and swirling along the streets of the Hollow, until it came upon the sleeping form of Kyrsa. Unnoticed by anyone the mist consumed the woman, pulling her, body and soul, down into the depths of whatever hell from which it had been spawned.

The phantom spirit of Torch had made its presence known during the night. The curse of the Hollow had claimed another.

It is now Saffron's responsibility to continue the game. Please, no posts from any of the remaining players until she makes an appearance.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Autumn Sativus

Event Conclusion - Backfire
As the group woke in the morning, a quick head count would show that Kyrsa was missing. It seemed that the ghost of the dearly departed Torch had not yet finished with her revenge on the wolves that had claimed her life. Though, there was no evidence to show that Kyrsa had been anything but a peasant. Torch had apparently had a great determination to help her fellows out, exposing the Halfbreed for their true nature. The villagers had little to do but thank their friend for her assistance in helping them.

This news did come as a surprise, however. It meant those pesky wolves had tried to eat someone special the night before. They were going to have to be extra-careful come nightfall.

Still, now it was morning and it seemed the world wasn't quite done upsetting the lives of those who lived in Miller's Hollow today.

Event - Great Distrust
Finding Kyrsa disappeared during the night, a sudden feeling of fear and distrust begins to run through the villagers of Miller's Hollow. Before the voting for the day can proceed, each player must designate two other plays they will vouch for. Players who do not have at least 2 vouches after all vouches are in may not survive to see the vote. The villagers must simply offer their vouches to those they know are innocent and wait to see what may happen next. Please vouch for two players by placing their names in bold. After every player has given their vouches, the game will continue. Vouches may not be changed for any reason. Once you have vouched, your vouches are sealed.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2-3
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

That Girl Analise

Avoiding contact with any of those she aligned herself, lest it prove bothersome, Ana stood from where she sat in the center of town. "I've been thinking about everything that has happened since we got here. I've thought of two people who I would trust," she took a deep breath. "Valerian seems to be someone of worth, as does Sarena. I only hope that my trust is not misplaced," she took a deep breath. She said it. Now she would simply wait and see what others said.

Mr Bigglesworth

(Sorry for the short post, I'm on the road)

Mr B. didn't even have to think: Sarena and Mith are both innocent!

Autumn Sativus

A couple of quick notes:
No, you cannot vouch for yourself. ::)

There is no maximum number of vouches for any one person.
Us against the world

SunshineSparkle

Deciding whom to trust proved to be a difficult task than she thought.Listening carefully to the going-on chatter,Sunshine scanned the gathered crowd as each submitted their opinions
Taking a few deep breaths,she took a step forward "I think that both Valerian and James Moriarty are trustworthy"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

James Moriarty

James stepped forward to offer his thoughts.  There were people in their midst he trusted with his life, and his only thought was to try to keep them just as safe as they had kept him these past days and nights.

"There are certainly more than two here among you I believe in, but among those, I am entirely certain that SunshineSparkle and ThatRPGuy are two that none of us need fear turning our backs to, day or night."

With that, he withdrew again to the sidelines to observe -- there were also those among them he did not trust.

Mithlomwen

At this point Mith had no idea who to trust.  She smiled at Mr Bigglesworth, appreciative of his vouching for her and returning the favor to him.  Glancing around what was left of their group, she thought for several long moments before deciding whom she should also place her trust.  "I shall also vouch for Ryven." She replied quietly, hoping that her trust wasn't misplaced. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Remiel

"Who can I vouch for?" muttered the cantankerous Remiel.  "Hrm, well, let's see."  He doffed his hat, swabbing his grimy forehead with a handkerchief while he leaned upon his shovel.  "The fact is, I trust none of you bastards.  If you're not actual lycanthropes, you're swindlers, thieves and ne'er-do-wells."  He replaced his hat, surveying the surviving villagers with suspicion.

"Using reason, however, we can arrive at certain indisputable truths.  The fact is that both Kyrsa and Xandi are now known to be werewolves.   Logic, then, dictates that those who voted for either should necessarily be innocent, as monsters would not likely vote against monsters.   Of all of us, there are only two who suspected either Kyrsa or Xandi:  ThatRPGuy and Starlequin.

"Ergo, ThatRPGuy is the most trustworthy out of all of us.   Starlequin, sadly, is no longer around.   Who else, then, to vouch for?

"The first night there was a thwarted attack.  This tells us next to nothing, except for Lord Mayerling's testimony.  Either he is a fantastic actor and a liar, or else he is telling the truth, that he was the intended target of the werewolves, but escaped due to skill and chance.  This makes me suspect that he is either the Guardian or the Healer.  Either way,  I think it is safe to vouch for Lord Mayerling."

His speech concluded, Remiel nodded to himself, and returned to his digging.

Autumn Sativus

Vouches
Falanor
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 1
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Niferbelle 1
Remiel 111
Ryven 1
Sarena 11
Sasha
SunshineSparkle 1
That Girl Analise 1
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

Yet to Vouch
Falanor, James Moriarty, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian
Us against the world

Niferbelle

NIferbelle felt at a loss to keep up with events, so many missing or dead and something told her it had just begun. She was tired and hungry and as she had no real friends among the group, could only guess when she spoke up to vouch for others.

"I believe that Lord Mayerling was attacked and survived, so I will choose him," she said after others had begun to weigh in. She wasn't certain who else she would pick but Remiel at least expressed some regret over poor Mr. Starlequin, that first death weighing heavily on her still, and was taking on the thankless drudgery of digging. Those were both good signs. "And I will say Mr. Remiel for my second, for my own reasons."

WIth that she stepped back and blended once again back into the crowd.

Lord Mayerling

Mayerling sat on the broken knoll of a fallen tree and sucked on a stalk of wheat. "Well I know who one of the wolves is, as I said before...but as for who's safe...I can vouch for Sir Remiel and Lady Niferbelle, both of whom are upstanding citizens in this community. Now then, onto more important matters.... This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."

Galactic Druid

"I'm glad to see someone here has some sense. Thank you, Remiel, Moriarty, I'd be unwise not to vouch for you in turn." Guy said, joining the crowd. He was still very unsure about trusting these strangers, but now, others had opted to put faith in him, it was time he started believing in others as well. He only prayed that his faith would not be misplaced.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Valerian

Despite everything, Val had to smile faintly at Remiel's opinions of the group.  "I suppose mistrusting everyone makes some sense, considering," she admitted, wryly.  "But perhaps it will do us some good to think of who we feel we can trust, instead of dwelling on who might be a villain.  ThatRPGuy, for instance, seems trustworthy to me.  And That Girl Analise seems to have everyone's best interests at heart.  I wish there was more that I felt certain about, but I hope I'm at least correct in this."  Her smile faded, and she settled back to watch as the others spoke up.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Sarena

Everything was happening so fast and so slow all at the same time.  What little sleep Sarena had gotten the night before, no matter how exhausted she was, had been fitful sleep filled with nightmares of the mangled body of Torch and wolves.  She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she listened to the others, surprised but thankful to hear her own name.  She looked off into the distance beyond the gates they had come through just days ago.

"Bigglesworth and Analise, it is my honor to return the favor."  She took a soft, deep breath and waited.  There was an energy in the air that she did not like. 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Autumn Sativus

Vouches
Falanor
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 11
Mr Bigglesworth 11
Niferbelle 1
Remiel 1111
Ryven 11
Sarena 11
Sasha 1
SunshineSparkle 1
That Girl Analise 11
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

Yet to Vouch
Falanor, James Moriarty, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Valerian
Us against the world

Sasha

The morning brought even worse news it seemed ...another had plum gone missing without a trace to boot . As those about were vouching for the whereabouts of others . It was a little saddening to not hear her own name mentioned ...then again she had just went back to her cabin . So she pondered for some time about whom should get her vote .." Considering ...Remiel and Ryven were the only ones seemingly willing to to dig a grave for that poor woman that perished the other day ...I would think that deed alone marks them above suspicion in my mind anyways . "  Least she hoped so ....letting out a soft sigh . In three days time though the woman wasn't really sure of too much at this point .

Ryven

A feeling of dread was setting in with the disappearance of another person, and though it was one of the infamous wolves who had vanished, the strange occurrences which continued to happen did not bode well for any of them, fiend and friend alike.

He stepped out of his cottage, pulling his coat further around him.  Everyone had already gathered and were passing out vouches.  It seemed those who had friends would survive and those who didn't...well...there might be a few empty cottages after this.

"Sasha and Mithlomwen get my vouches," he said as he approached.

Falanor

Falanor noted the change in the atmosphere over the past few nights.  The dread of the possible curse that had fallen over this small village, one they had come across on happenstance, was palpable enough that he felt it even through the heavy leather of his duster.  "Seems to me that Niferbelle and Remiel have both been standup lots..."

Missy

The grim reality of events had set in upon the town and MacLoch was no less effected by it. With the loss of several of their number and clarity of the fact the remainder's were being hunted the future seemed grim to say the least. On the proposition of the plan for all members to vouch for one another MacLoch was at a loss for whom could be trusted he granted his vouches to Falanor and Sunshine Sparkle

Autumn Sativus

Final Vouches
Falanor 1
James Moriarty 11
Lord Mayerling 11
Mcsc
Mithlomwen 11
Mr Bigglesworth 11
Niferbelle 11
Remiel 11111
Ryven 11
Sarena 11
Sasha 1
SunshineSparkle 11
That Girl Analise 11
ThatRPGuy 111
Valerian 11

As the final vouches were counted, it became very apparent that something was wrong with this picture. The man they trusted to take care of them, Falanor had not even received the votes he needed to prove his innocence. It seemed there was a new Sheriff in town and his name was Remiel, he must be a very trustworthy man to receive 5 vouches for his innocence.

After Remiel assumed his new position, several other decisions were made among the commotion. MCsc, unfortunately unable to receive a single vouch for his innocence was eliminated, assumed to be a threat. Of course he must be a werewolf if no one could give their name to his innocence! It seemed their suspicions were incorrect, however, as the village mourned the loss of another Peasant.

Falanor and Sasha, being the only villagers left unable to prove their innocence will be the only choices for the vote today. The villagers must vote for one or the other to be lynched, since they were proven untrustworthy by the vouches. Eliminating a threat was a high priority at this point in the day, now they had already made one bad decision with MCsc.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x6-7
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2-3
Us against the world

Sasha

Sasha pulled a muffin out of a bag ....nervous as it seemed things moved at a dreedful pace around this place . Seemingly not the best vacation spot . A new Sheriff had been appointed and in her mind a wonderful choice . Finding her own name now added to the list of suspects ...being accused of murder , mangling a body , abducting another . Well least if she had abducted one the choice of Krysa umm indeed might give a true sadist a little more fun than they bargained for .

Humming as she ate her muffin ...least maybe Ryven would be making some blueberry ones tomorrow . Smiling over to Falanor ..." You know it is funny ...how 3 days can change your outlook on a place . Mean come in the top of the heap ...then find yourself being feed to the dogs . No pun intended , but ...does bring an ironic smile to your face . I have always wondered what the inside of that phone booth looks like , you know . Too bad you didn't have it parked nearby ...Falanor . "  letting out another sigh .... " Muffin ?"  as she pulled another out of the bag ...." Oh of course ...I do forgive you for the situation we seem to of found ourselves . One should really read the fine print when making vacation plans . "

Pouring herself a cup of java ...as she smiled ...seemingly none of the villagers had their senses about them . So going on about innocence or not was just a bit degrading in her mind . Let the accusations fly .....maybe she could find amusement in the upcoming events but it was doubtful .

Remiel

It has been said that there are some who are born great, some who achieve greatness, and some who have to be dragged into it, kicking and screaming.  Remiel definitely fell into the third category.  "Are you all bloody daft?" he asked, incredulously, when presented with the sheriff's badge.  "Have you all taken leave of your senses?  I'm the bloody undertaker, not the sheriff.    Given half the chance, I'd have the whole lot of you locked up for your own good."

Still, things were what they were, and it appeared Remiel had no choice but to go along with the charade.  "Fine," he muttered, pinning the badge to his battered, drooping and threadbare top hat.   

Unfortunately, his first task as Sheriff was a particularly unpleasant one: deciding which of Sasha or Falanor, the former sheriff, should be lynched.   After scowling at the sky for quite a long time, he eventually reached a decision.

"Sasha, I'm sorry," he said.  And, bizarrely, surprisingly, strangely, he did indeed feel remorse.  Sasha had been one of those who had vouched for his innocence, and he was going to return the favor by marking her for death.   

In a fouler mood than ever,  he returned to the task he knew best: digging a grave for poor Mcsc, whose only crime had been his failure to make enough friends.

Ryven

It seemed the vouches counted for more than just their trust for one another.  With the title of sheriff turned over to the respectable Remiel, Ryven felt a little more comfortable with their sticky situation though Sasha, the kind friend who vouched for him, was now up for the lynch vote.

The decision wasn't difficult in his mind.  Not that he had anything against Falanor, but he hadn't voted for him to be sheriff.  If he wasn't trusted enough by others to handle the job, as it seemed he wasn't, it was better he give it up anyway.  That brought him to his decision.  While he was uncertain of Sasha's innocence, he couldn't really double cross her by voting for her in the lynch.

"I regret that I am forced to vote this way, Falanor, but it appears we have little choice.  If you are innocent, I will feel a great weight upon my soul for this," he said and smiled at Sasha who seemed to be so fond of his bakery treats.

Mithlomwen

Trying to process all of the new things happening, Mith felt her mind whirling.  Another senseless death, and now a new sheriff. 

Now she had to worry about two of her village mates being possible werewolves. 

Closing her eyes and shaking her head, she had no earthly idea who she should vote for. 

"I'm sorry Sasha."  She whispered softly, knowing she was possibly sending someone to their death, she just hoped it wasn't another innocent. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...