A Dynasty of Games - Closed for Recruitment

Started by BruceTheCat, August 06, 2016, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone!

I am starting re-recruiting for a game I had kicked off a little while ago, but had gotten too busy to continue. I have created a new recruitment thread (this one) because I will be starting our story over from scratch. You can feel free to make a new character, or use the previous one from the original kick off of Dynasty of Games. This will be using the same thematic elements from Game Protagonists at War. However there are quite a lot of story, and mechanic differences that I hope will make it feel unique in it's own way. I hope you are interested!

Map of the Video Game Universe

The Story

Centuries ago the whole of the Video Game universe fell under threat by a terrible enemy remembered only now as The Dominion. It's power was unrivaled, it methods merciless, and it's goal simple. The complete destruction of the Video Game universe. For the first time in known history, Heroes and Villians stood side by side with one another in the despearte attempt to repel an enemy that meaned to end their very existence. The Champions (Heroes & Villians) fell by the thousands in a desperate attempt to repel an enemy they were wholly unprepared for.

During the peak of these great events, a council was called between both Heroes and Villains which would determine the fate of all Champions. If they were to survive, then there must be complete unity between both good and evil. All Video Game characters and empires would need to rise underneath the complete rule of a single, all powerful monarch. One who could be trusted with the fate of all Video Game worlds. An Empress was chosen, and the Dynasty was born. With absolute power, the Empress used the whole of the magical artifacts and technologies at the disposal of all Champions. She sacrificed entire worlds for single victories. Decimated whole systems of planets and stars just to halt the oncoming march from the Dominion's ceaseless forces. Though now little is remembered about that time, one fact has lived on about that long-ago enemy. Used to terrify young Champions in to their beds at night. The Dominion, whatever it was, needed to harvest the living in order to quench it's awesome hunger. In order to continue this war. The losses were great, the battlefields were littered with the dead. But in the end the Dynasty succeeded. The Dominion was destroyed, or repelled back to whatever place it came from. And has not been seen or heard from since.

In the aftermath of the war, the Empress was quick to establish the Dynasty as the supreme ruler of all worlds. Her castle, and seat of power was established in Anor Londo from the Dark Souls universe. Many had said that once the Dominion was vanquished the absolute power the Dynasty held would return to the many smaller governments, Kings, Queens, gods and nations of each respective video game world. This was not the case. The Dynasty destroyed all easily accessible recorded data or written text regarding the Dominion. Supposedly in order to prevent their return from ever taking place. Likewise, the Empress decreed that Heroes and Villains would be equally stationed within the ranks of the Dynasty, so long as they were loyal to the will of the Empress. Each could find equal reward. Finally, a great peace followed where Video Game Heroes and Villains were allowed to return to their homes and continue their own agendas. So long as none threatened the Dynasty, and all paid homage to it's infinite rule through artifacts, slaves for their armies, and monetary tribute.

In the present day, the Dynasty's control has diminished. Corruption in both Heroes and Villains has run rampant. Though still enormously powerful, several rival factions with their own agendas have grown in power. Establishing their own seats of power in one world or another. The Black Veil, the Galactic Federation of Trade. The Coalition of Adventurers. Most tired of living beneath the thumb of a tyrannical government. The many Video Game universes are simply too large to hold completely for the Empress and the armies of the Dynasty. If any of these groups are found to be directly working against the will of the Dynasty, they are met with bloody conflict.

While there are many powerful organizations across with their own motivations, there is only one group whose primary interest is the toppling of the Dynasty and liberating all peoples - The White Knights. Though it's numbers and influence are small right now, they grow larger every day that the Dynasties tyrannical rule is allowed to continue. Players will begin in Riften on the Skyrim (Elder Scrolls) Home World. All of the players would have received a message from a unknown White Knight member, asking them to meet at a specific date and time in a Riften tavern called The Kings Chalice.

The Game

The idea of this game is that everyone will be playing video game characters, whether a Hero or Villain in the universe that you choose to pick! Think of the Dynasty a lot like a Nazi Germany who the world allowed to take control when the need was most dire. Now that the immenant threat has passed, over several generations people have begun to rebel against this monarchy. This will be a large theme of the game, rebelling against the Dynasty. However there will be a great deal of things going on that the players can choose to pursue instead! In fighting with other factions, Video Game universes at war with others. New enemies, quests for powerful artifacts, it could go a lot of different ways depending on player choice! Because the Dynasty has created this environemnt of “Hero or Villain, it does not matter” you will discover that the world has both good guy characters and bad guy characters interacting together in relative peace. Chun-Li might be sharing a drink with Albert Wesker, who is very poorly trying to flirt with her.

The Heroes and Villains

You can play any character that you want, pending that it has not been reserved by another character who is in the process of creating them, or they are not already devoted to something story wise. This includes picking video game villains. It is important to remember that there really are not good guys and bad guys. In this world, you could find that Jim Raynor is the head of the Dynasty Death Squad. Or, that Ganondorf is the heading an anti-Dynasty resistance organization. How Champions act determines whether they are good or bad. Not who they are in their respective video game. All characters must come from a video game world. You are allowed to roll your own OC from a MMO or a game where you are allowed to design and play a unique character right off the bat. You will find additional information on constructing OC also in the next section.

The Powers

One of the first things to keep in mind is that video game characters are not immortal. Some characters have an automatic immunity to aging (undead types) but they can still be killed. Video game characters have an average lifespan of roughly 500 years before they die of old age. Video game characters are extremely resiliant (can heal most non-lethal wounds, including limb loss) but they can die in battle through extraordinary levels of damage. These Heroes or Villains who die are often replaced by what is known as a Reborn. A Reborn is someone who takes up the mantle of that previous dead character after they've passed on. Adopting all of their powers, fighting techniques, and magical or technilogical arsenal. Thematically, these will be played out as Original Characters. So, if you want to play a female Scorpion for instance, you can roll that character. You just need to explain that Scorpion died, or was killed at some point in the past, and you have taken up his mantle and become the Reborn – Scorpion.

You are also welcome to play a monster-type character, and choose for them to appear human. All Protagonists and Villain's share certain powers. One of these powers is the ability to turn into a humanoid version of their character. That way you can travel more easily, and converse or have sex without it being crazy weird.

Unless I say otherwise you can also assume that you have the max-level powers and items of your respective characters. There will be some magical artifacts that were confiscated by the Dynasty during the war with the Dominion, or have just been lost over time. I will make special note to tell you if you select a character with one of these limitations.

All characters will start at equal level. Even if you select a character who in the universe of their video game might seem more powerful than someone elses, they are not. The Minecraft guy's hammer hits just as hard as your death ray.

The Sex

We will have threads specifically dedicated to sex and smut scenes for players! You can also feel free to PM your smut scenes with your partner if you would rather not let the entire party see it.

The Threads

There will be two types of threads in this game. A Main Story Thread, and a Side Scene thread. The Main Story thread will be where the story for the arc we are playing progresses. In those, you may only post 1 time before a GM post. There will be rules around post frequency inside of this thread for Active players. The Side Scene threads can be constructed by players with GM approval. You may post in these however much you'd like, but nothing that happens inside of these threads will be canon to the story as a whole.

The Rules

First and most important rule, be nice to one another. If you have a question and are unable to determine the answer in the OOC, please PM me. Second, there will be an expected post rate for Main Story threads. Please post at least 1 time every 3 days in the Main Story Thread.

More to come as I think of them!

Active Threads:

The Character Sheets

A lot of this will be self-explanatory if you choose a more famous video game character. What I am primarily interested in is what your character did to warrant attracting the anger of the Dynasty, or what the Dynasty has done to you in the past that makes your character decide to join a resistance organization to fight back against it.

Feel free to post your character sheets in this thread. Do not transition them over to the OOC section until you have received approval from me. If you want to get your sheet out there, but leave in a note that says you are going to discuss pre-existing relationships with other characters after approval, that is fine with me as well.

Because this Video Game universe, and the control of the Dynasty extends across fantasy and science fiction worlds, you can really go wild.

[center][size=12pt][b]Name Here[b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12pt][b]Level 1[b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img padding=10]Character Image Here, Duh[/img][/float]

[float=right][img padding=10]Human appearance if monster[/img][/float] *Not required*

[b]Current Occupation:[/b] [Your character's current day job.]

[b]Home World Information:[/b]

[b]Appearance/Style Description:[/b] *You can make your appearance more modern, or completely different from the game character. Also, feel free to add something changing how they look to make them more physically attractive.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: (List your O&O if there is something specific)

[b]Personality:[/b] [The most important part. Try to make it interesting and believable.]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Current Situation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b] You may have a weapon that is not in your canon, just explain it in your backstory. Maybe you picked it up while helping one of the organizations, collected it during some past adventure, or during your time in the Dynasty military. For instance of Mario wanted to have a Covenant Plasma Sword. Go nuts.

[img]Flavor image[/img]

[b]Special Powers:[/b] You may feel free to invent a appropriate amount of custom powers for your character, that fit with their theme and game. I would not pick more than 3.

[b]Strengths:[/b] This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] This can also be anything, but note that [b]you must[/b] have at least 1 combat weakness. Try to shy away from just having personality related weaknesses, these need to be actual limitations of your character that can be used in the story. If you would like to PM me for discussion on this, because you want it to be a story element that's fine! Or potentially something related to your artifact weapon or home world.

FAQ

How is this game different from Game Protagonists at War?
- Format wise it is very similar for obvious reasons. The story however will be completely different. Nothing from the Game Protagonists at War game will be canon in this game. Also, it will not take place in the Game Protagonists at War big game status board.

If there are no stats in the game, how do fights work?
- Basically you will post what you do with your character during the fight. For instance, my character jumps forward and slashes at the enemies neck. The GM will inform you as to the result of that attack during their post. Players will not determine the effectiveness of their own abilities in their posts.

Are video game characters based on some movie or anime acceptable?
- Yes

How is this game going to progress?
- One of the big things that I like to do as a GM is present the players with options and see which one they take. After the introductory events that I have set up, the players will be given options for what the next arc could be during in character posts. That choice will determine the next arc, so on and so forth. All the while a larger storyline will develop around them.

How do we get stronger?
- As characters, you will earn loot in the game during your adventures. Very much like an actual roleplaying game. Also, at the end of each arc, each character will be granted a Level Up. You can use these to give yourself a new power, which will be added to your character sheet.

What is a Reborn?
- Basically a mechanism that you as players can use to create a original looking and acting character, but have the power set of a famous video game character. I will be a bit more hardcore in approving these characters.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

*breaks through window like a wrecking ball*

I'm game. Anything to hang out with the old gang :P

EDIT: Should I keep the same character or what?

TheBlackThrone

I'm going to keep the same character from last time unless the GM would prefer me to switch.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

BruceTheCat

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 06, 2016, 08:01:53 PM
I'm going to keep the same character from last time unless the GM would prefer me to switch.

No preference at all! Just so any new people can see it please go ahead and post your old sheet in here, as though it were new.

@Lust, totally your preference! We didn't get very far with our old characters so I think it would be completely fine to stick with your original if you really liked her! But, if there is something else grabbing your interest feel free to jump on it. You may also want to take advantage of a Reborn character if you like that concept.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

Tossing in previous character :P

Miranda Keys
Level 1

Current Occupation: Pirate Captain and sometimes Mercenary. (Though Buccaneer might be a better term for her.)

Home World Information: the Halo verse was one of the first worlds that the Empress wanted to claim for her own, the massive shipyards and industrial power were a boon, helping to establish her dominance over the region. The Dynasty had its navy necessary to swing its might wherever it needed it. All it wanted in return was the dismemberment of all its military forces and a yearly tribute of ships, at a rate which would require most of the populace to work in factories. The few who aren't slaving their lives away to fill the tribute are living in luxury as the elite and wealthiest of the world without a care to be had, except for those damnable pirates.

Appearance/Style Description: Miranda, despite no longer being in the UNSC and now nothing more than a pirate and mercenary captain, still prefers wearing the old uniforms, in some way she feels it keeps the memory of it alive and well. She also uses it to show that she is far more professional than her other counterparts who chose to wear strange, flamboyant, and raggedy clothing.

Sexuality: Bisexual leaning more towards Hetero.

Personality: Miranda is bitter about how her world bent the knee so easily to the Dynasty and allowed it to step on them without so much as an argument. This was what led to her going AWOL when the time came to turn in her ship to be dismantled. Otherwise she has a fair sense of humor thanks to a certain Sgt. and isn't afraid to fight dirty when she needs to.

History: Miranda was there when the Dynasty asked her world to turn over every weapon it had, how the Empress would ensure their safety, and all that was asked in return was eternal servitude. She was one of the few who rejected and stole her own ship, vowing to do her part to take a stand against the Dynasty and an Empress who was just as evil as the foes she once fought. For a while Miranda and the "In Amber Clad" were in hiding, waiting until they had been forgotten, and given the perfect moment to strike.

No one would have suspected or prepared for a military class vessel to take to piracy, so none but the toughest of ships were ever ready when Miranda came about. She would steal anything and everything she could to keep her vessel going, down to spare nuts and bolts, even at times shangheing the crew to have those able to repair and update her ship. But even then piracy could only pay so many of the bills. And she knew that by raiding everyone she would only make enemies. so she chose to put herself out there for some mercenary business. She would find her best benefactors with the Terran Federation and the unit "Razchak/Rico's Roughnecks." the federation never stopped its war against all things insect. It only escalated it, hunting down any bug out there, whether they be good or evil. They certainly had the ships, weapons, and soldiers needed to do it. So she provided discreet operations, rescuing trapped MI units, assaulting and raiding enemy positions marked for her. In exchange she would get free reign to travel through Fed space so long as she behaved and even got paid for it.

Her latest mission was pulling a rescue operation for the Roughnecks after they pulled an illegal mission in Dynasty territory, in which they thanked her afterwards by gifting her their unit's tattoo on her back. So at least now she will always remember the Roughnecks.

Weapon: She prefers to stick with what she knows and can handle.

Small Silenced SMG
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Shotgun.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Special Powers: Pilgrim: Something that Miranda learned when she was traveling with her ship through various worlds, was that she had a power within her. During a short stop from raiding in the Wing Commander universe, she learned of the Pilgrims, people who were naturally atuned in that world with the galaxy around them and almost as at home within space as a fish within water. At first she thought it was all sailor talk, until she honestly took a look at her methods. She didn't navigate or command her ship using complex mathematics or physics....she just knew. Like she had been flying through space since time began, perhaps there was something to this pilgrim stuff.

Strengths:
Ship Captain: Miranda has developed her skills at flying through space, and avoiding Dynasty patrols.

Weaknesses:
-Not the Strongest. While Miranda isn't exactly a pushover, she certainly has trouble matching up to the might of the Dynasty without a ship at her fingertips.

-Close to home: With so many various factions and groups, all fighting for power and dominance, it was difficult for Miranda to pick a side. She needed something she could relate to, which has caused her to usually throw her lot in with some Xenophobic groups. The Federation, Cerberus, she may not agree with them 100% of the time, but more so than most other groups.

BruceTheCat

She looks great Lust! My only two notes for this new game:

I added a part to the character sheet (just below your name) that says "Level 1". Can you add that in just beneath?

You can feel free to remove the last line of your backstory since in this game we will not start already captured by the Dynasty.
- scribus1000

scribus1000

Think I have a character decided on now. Well, two, but you'll only see one of them.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

aorangi3

Hmm, I am somewhat interested.

If we get enough players I'll create a character sheet.

For now I want to reserve Edward Kenway from the Assassin creed series

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

BruceTheCat

Cool to see aorangi!

So you know I don't reserve characters unless it is for a sheet that is in progress. It probably won't be a issue though!
- scribus1000

aorangi3

Quote from: Red Lobster on August 06, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Cool to see aorangi!

So you know I don't reserve characters unless it is for a sheet that is in progress. It probably won't be a issue though!

aaah, ok. Well if he is still available later, then I will try my hand with him. If not, no biggie
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

la dame en noir

Overwatch - Mercy or Pharah
Dragon Age - Isabela
Mass Effect - Shepard(F) or Aria T'Loak

I have a lot of characters I want to play

But I'm going to put my interest in now.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

BruceTheCat

Excited to see your interested Dame!

I have decided on the start of the game. There is a anti-Dynasty Resistance organization that is loosely organized across several different Home Worlds across the universe. Though it's numbers and infulence are small right now, they grow larger every day that the Dynasties tyrannical rule is allowed to continue. Players will begin in Riften on the Skyrim (Elder Scrolls) Home World. All of the players would have received a message from a unknown Resistance member, asking them to meet at a specific date and time in a Riften tavern called The Kings Chalice.

I am adding this to the recruitment post as well.

Edit - Gave the resistance a official name, the White Knights
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Bringing over my sheet from the previous game. Will make a few small edits to update him for this game.

Commander Shepard
Level 1

Current Occupation: After defeating the Reapers in his Home World, Commander Shepard became a fleet Admiral for the Dynasty. He has since been dishonorably discharged from the military.

Home World Information: Shepard comes from a futuristic, Sci-Fi Home World. His universe was once plagued by a immensely powerful AI race known as the Reapers. Enormous battleship sized beings who floated out in dark space, waiting for humanity and the many alien races of the galaxy to grown “too advanced” before returning with the intent of purging the entire galaxy. So that the cycle could start again.

The different races banded together in defense of their homes. Shepard, a Spectre (elite agent) of the Citadel Council was given command of the Normandy. Over time, he formulated a crew each of whom held unique abilities and attributes that helped them battle threats to the galaxy. Eventually, Shepard and his crew succeeded in destroying the Reapers. Bringing peace once again to his Home World

Appearance/Style Description: Up to very recently Shepard was most often seen wearing the formal attire of a Dynasty Admiral. A form fitting navy officers uniform that clearly displayed the symbol of his rank, and the formal symbol of the Empress. However being forced in to a position of exile has caused the man to abandon that clothing. Since the Dynasty is not as well liked near the outer rim of the universe. He appears now in regular travelers clothing. Preferring heavy jackets or cloaks to hide his robotic arms, which prevent unwanted questions.

Sexuality: Heterosexual, see player O&O

Personality: Shepard has fallen from grace. While his loyalty to the Dynasty had diminished dramatically over the years, the reality that he is a fugitive on the run from those who were once his allies is slowly beginning to seep in. His personality during this phase has turned towards self loathing and a cold outward demeanor. However as he grows accustomed to this new fate he will begin to warm up to his new allies. In turn his personality will transition to something more fraternal towards his team members. They are his family. He carries a great deal of self-confidence along with him.

History: After defeating the Reapers, Shepard was promoted to an Admiral position within the Dynasty military. Retiring from the Alliance military of his Home World, Shepard set off to expand his efforts of “defending the galaxy” to all Home Worlds, rather than just his own. Initially this decision made perfect sense to Commander Shepard. The stories about the Dominion referred to it as a very mysterious, overpowering entity. In that regard Shepard felt they were very similar to the Reapers. Their methods seemed similar as well. Shepard had seen first hand during his trials in his Home World what happened if all peoples did not put their personal agendas to the side in favor of a single, unified goal. Given a fleet, and a new crew, Shepard went about enforcing the will of the Empress all across the various galaxies.

Nearly two-centuries later, Shepard finally started to realize that “working for the Dynasty” was not at all the same thing as “defending the galaxy”. Without a imminent threat, his operations seemed to focus almost exclusively repressing some anti-Empress organization which had grown too powerful in the eyes of the Dynasty. For much longer than Shepard would care to admit, he played the good soldier and (with a great deal of effectiveness) eliminated upstart resistance movements. Hundreds of bloody battles later, Shepard had sacrificed a great deal in the service of the Dynasty. Roughly 30% of his body and internal organs had been replaced by cybernetic enhancements. He had become jaded and cold, retreating in to his own head as a means to cope with the fact that he was no longer doing the work of a Hero. But ultimately unable to renounce the organization he'd fought so long to protect and serve. As a high profile Champion in their service, many of the new recruits looked to him as a role model.

Eventually the Dynasty made the choice for him. Whether suspecting his potential for treachery, or because Shepard had become too influential outside of his given ranks responsibilities, Commander Shepard was arrested aboard his flagship The Trident. Fighting his way free, Shepard barely managed to escape his captors via one of the emergency pods on board the Trident.

Current Situation: Shepard has come to the Elder Scrolls Home World after receiving a message from the White Knights. He is hopeful that he can start new putting his knowledge and abilities to better use in the defense of freedom, rather than the oppression of it as a Dynasty officer.

Weapon: Shepard has the arsenal of assault rifles, pistols, sniper rifles and shotguns you are able to acquire during the Mass Effect games. These are his normal “go to” weapons when he is not in a life threatening battle. See Special Powers for his more powerful weapons.

Special Powers:

<a href="http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/7/74963/1415665-deus_ex_human_revolution_concept_art_11.jpg">Cybernetic Arms</a> - Shepards arms have been replaced with the best cybernetic replacements that the Dynasty could buy. Shepard has a replacement arsenal that can extend out of from his arms. See details below:

1. Retractable Vibroblade from the Star Wars Universe
2. Grenade Launcher
3. Avenger Assault Rifle

Strengths:

Military Training – Shepard has been a member of the military his entire, extensive life. He is a proficient combatant in all forms of warfare.

Knowledge of the Dynasty – The majority of Shepards career was spent in the service of the Dynasty. He has gained a vast knowledge on their inner workings, methods, and organizations.

Cybernetic Enhancements – Shepards technological enhancements have removed a great deal of the normal human limitations in regards to strength, stamina, perception and dexterity.

Weaknesses:

Robotic Body Parts – A large part of Shepard is now made of machine parts. Most importantly both of his arms and eyes, which are obviously necessary in a fight. If these are disabled via the use of EMP or other alternative means, he is essentially crippled.

Wanted Man – Shepard is in the unique situation where he does not have a place he can feel safe. In the eyes of most people the atrocities he committed while in service to the Dynasty make him a monster. Similarly, the Dynasty wants him dead. So, the man is both recognizable both in looks and title, and most powerful players want to kill him.

Stubborn Confidence – Shepard is very much a “means to an end” type of leader. He is stubborn to a fault, and usually believes that his insight and wisdom are paramount above others.
- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

Aside from one or two lines, this could totally be the Theme Song for this group X3

BruceTheCat

Awesome song Lust, I've never heard that before!

I've always liked this one too as a theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAVLXk9QWA
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

I'm reserving D.va.

I'm going to need a few days to make a sheet. I may have time today... unsure. I know you mentioned that you don't reserve a character unless a sheet is in progress, but I figure if I display my interest people will hopefully not pick her up?

WIP

Level 1

Current Occupation: Mechanic

Home World Information: The Overwatch world is currently part of the Dynasty. The White Knight resistance is currently not present in the world, as they are heavy supporters of the Dynasty.

Appearance/Style Description: D.va is a petite woman, but she's got a lot of personality packed into her small frame. She has chestnut brown hair that she likes to leave down, and bangs that somehow stay perfectly straight no matter what she's doing. Usually she likes to wear her skin-tight light blue suit that she personalizes with her favorite people, places, and things down the side of her toned thighs. She almost always wears a headset around her ears that she can use to communicate with her armored suit or other members of the crew. She also can almost always be seen with whiskers decorating her checks, and heavy cat-eye eyeliner for make-up.

Other than that, she doesn't change her outfit very often. Maybe for special occasions she may pull out a special dress, but her suit is way too versatile to not use and abuse every single day.

Sexuality: Pansexual. It's rumored that D.va has a thing for robots.

Personality: D.va has a heavy case of sass mouth. She's impulsive and extremely playful. She will play to win at all costs with a chipper and snarky smile on her face. Almost everything is a game to this young woman, and that is a huge driver in her motivations and goals. She loves a challenge, but she also loves being the best. Like no one ever was...

A lot of people would argue that her motivations aren't very deep and rather shallow, but the truth is that D.va hasn't been around long enough to find any drivers that aren't superficial or related to instant gratification. There are still particular traits that lead her toward a more mature personality, including loyalty and the ambition to do something good in the world.

But that is if she can take it seriously for more than a few minutes.

History: D.va worked alongside the Overwatch community to fight against the Dynasty taking over, but once the Dynasty did she felt a bit out of place. They limited the type of experiments that she was allowed to do, and eventually D.va became frustrated with the lack of creation and competition. She also hated how they would no longer let her stream her battles and competitions! With a dwindling fanbase, she became rather upset. Feeling as if she was still very young and could amount to so much more. Eventually she left the Overwatch world to pursue a different community. Something far away from the clutches of the Resistance.

Current Situation: D.va has been doing odd jobs around various communities as a mechanic just to get by. She also participates in anything competitive that she can. Including video game competitions and sports (when she can!) But at the end of the day she loves getting her hands on mechs (or anything robotic) so she can upgrade it and do experiments that the Dynasty would usually frown upon.

Currently she continues to take in odd jobs on random ships to have the ability to travel to a place that is caters toward the person she wants to be, and that gives her the creative freedom to do what she wants to do.

Weapon: D.va has a bright pink MEKA unit that she prefers to fight with, but she can also fight without it! Usually she prefers to use guns that she can modify to do whatever she wants. Currently she takes normal weapons and modifies them to do very different things. Right now she prefers to use a gun, but it may shoot lasers one day, and gum balls the next day. It's endless what sort of modifications she can do.

(What I'm thinking here is that she has a blaster that she can make modifications to. Also that she can kinda create weapons that the crew can use. The same goes with her suit. Basically, since the modifications can be endless, I leave it up to the GM to decide how powerful they may be.)

Special Powers:

I'm good with my hands - D.va quite enjoys working on anything that is robotic. She's quite good in the science field and can create various things to help herself and her crewmates.

I will win! - D.va can go into an overdrive mode that is induced by energy drinks and junk food. These spurts can only last a few minutes, but she gets extra concentration and precision.

Strengths: This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

Competitive - She wants to win almost anything and everything that she can.

That Meka Tho - She has a lot of stamina when she's in her Meka unit.

Shake it Off - D.va doesn't take things very seriously when they're not related to competition.

Prankster - Any chance she gets, she will take the opportunity to make a playful joke out of it.

Weaknesses:

Useless without technology
Hates losing
Immature

TheBlackThrone

Caim
LEVEL ONE
Current Occupation: The Silent Mercenary

Home World Information: Drakengard takes place in a world named Midgard. It is protected from the Watchers by the four seals: the seal of the ocean, the seal of the desert, the seal of the forest and the seal of the goddess herself. Midgard is a world of magic, fae, demons, dragons, legends, chaos, war, and gods both good and evil.

Appearance/Style Description: The Prince of Caerleon has dark brown hair that nearly touches his shoulders and he will at times wear a headband to push his hair out of his eyes. His body is lean and hard with muscle. His olive skin, an open book to his hardship, being marked with scars from blades. His eyes are blue, but his left one is missing, having been gouged out by a knife. The tattoo of his pact with his draconic partner, Angelus, is branded on his tongue. The dragoon is 6'1" (185 cm) and weighs 165 lbs (75 kg). He typically wears black tactical armor with reinforced plating at his chest and abdomen with no sleeves, granting his arms enough room to constrict and bend during performance. Tactical gloves with grips and fortified knuckles don his hands and an assortment of guards don his arms and legs. Dark-blue denim jeans extend down his long legs into steel-toe black combat boots. Strapped to his right thigh is a Bowie knife for practical use rather than just killing.

Sexuality: Heteroflexible

Personality:

The former prince of Caerleon is a quiet and fierce warrior. His memory has been fragmented since his resurrection and so he doesn't remember much about his past--only bits and pieces. He often dreams when he sleeps and these memories will manifest as pleasant dreams or nightmares. The man he was before cannot be entirely remembered but his dark characteristics can be witnessed in combat. In combat, Caim is ruthless often slaying his enemies without a second thought of mercy. He loves to cleave and maim. It was an addiction he had formerly that often went to his head and disturbed those who had once cared about him to the point that they no longer trusted him. He is sadistic in combat often smiling as he takes down one enemy after another.

Outside battle, Caim is a listener and not only because he doesn't have much of a choice not to be. He listens and learns, and what he learns he will at times use. Although he is close to Angelus, the warrior tends to develop a protective personality with those who remind him of his sister Furiae or with those who are weak and vulnerable.

In a team environment, Caim is hardworking and reliable despite his reckless behavior. Upon receiving the mission, he will allow the leaders to draw out the game plan and once one is set, he will roll with it. He isn't afraid to take the risky and expendable jobs. In combat, he needs a lot of room especially when Angelus gets involved. The two can rain down some destruction, and he won't think about who could possibly get caught up in his fight. He thinks only about the mission.

Caim's personality has since become chaotic neutral. He is only as good or as evil as others perceive. The dragoon, due to his pact with Angelus, is incapable of speaking. He sacrificed his voice to make a pact with a divine beast and communicates nonverbally through sign language and gestures and sometimes Angelus will speak for him though she isn't the best conversationalist.

History:

Speak not the Watchers,
Draw not the Watchers,
Write not the Watchers,
Sculpt not the Watchers,
Sing not the Watchers,
Call not the Watchers' name.
— The commandments of the Cult.

Caim's existence is a mystery to him. He remembers fire, and his partner Angelus and nothing more. The Cult of the Watchers (The Cult of the Angels) collected the ashes of Caim and Angelus, and using dark magic, the two were resurrected and their minds enslaved by the Red Eye disease. The cult did not wish to be under the rule of the Empress and her emissary that occupied Caerleon Castle. Resurrecting the legendary prince and the former dragon goddess, the cult commanded them both to storm Caerleon Castle alongside the Empire and kill the emissary.

Caim rode into battle upon the back of his pack partner and took on The Dynasty and Union armies. They were both a force to be reckoned with, seasoned by past wars and conflict, it had not been the first time the two had bathed in the blood of their enemies. The battlefield burned and as The Dynasty tightened their defenses, Caim was forced to infiltrate the castle alone. The Union soldiers were stunned to see that the former prince was alive and were cut down. Caim managed to reach the throne room where a group of sorcerers waited in ambush. He never came within a foot of the emissary.

Current Situation: Caim awoke in the talons of his dragon, soaring through the sky and resting among the clouds. No longer driven mad by the Red-Eye Disease, he has started a new life for he and his dragon. They have since been taking jobs for people. Not all the jobs involve combat. Sometimes they are favors and labors such as tending a field. Whatever puts food on the table and keeps his blade sharp.

Weapon:
[Floatleft][/Floatleft]
Caim's Sword (Lv 1) - Comet Dance - The sword is depicted as having a rather long and wide blade, which under normal circumstances, a soldier could not wield. Caim, however, is able to fight with it rather well. Comet Dance is the sword's special ability where Caim fires a series of fireballs at the enemy.
Sword Techniques
Cyclone Dance - Level One - a standard five-hit attack combination in which long sword's start.
Weapon History
Level One - A gift to Caim from his beloved father. Since he was a young child, Caim had idolized his gentle father and longed to fight strongly and bravely in battle beside him.

Special Powers:

War Wheel: Any weapon that Caim acquires is added to a mysterious weapon rack in the shape of an old wooden wheel. The wheel manifests in battle and revolves as Caim's will selects his desired weapon.

Pact: Beasts tend to enter pacts to feed off of humans' negative emotions, while humans enter pacts either to gain power or to save their own lives, with a very few notable exceptions. The ritual involves the two beings exchanging "hearts," hence merging their two souls together. This means should one pact partner die, the other will follow. The sacrificed aspect or virtue that the human has given up (ie, sight or charm), is most commonly that person's most treasured feature, resulting in numerous tragic ironies: the more powerful the pact beast, the greater the price. The most common name for the sacrificed aspect is a "Pact Price." A pact can also be broken.

Caim's pact is with the red dragon Angelus, who is the most powerful dragon in Midgard. In exchange for their partnership, he sacrificed his voice though is able to communicate with Angelus through a link similar to telepathy. His pact has made him stronger and faster to inhuman proportions, and the two rarely have to communicate when it comes to teamwork. They both are aware of each other's attack strategy due to their bond and make the perfect team.

Magical Affinity: There are many powerful and legendary weapons in Midgard and Caim is capable of wielding every single one with ease no matter the size, weight, or length. Weapons carry a potential that Caim can access and the weapons can evolve making the wielder just as powerful. Every weapon carries a unique power and Caim is capable of unlocking and evolving through experience the potential of each weapon. Overtime, his weapon will evolve becoming increasingly stronger (max lv 4 for every weapon).

Angelus Lv 1[Floatright]https://youtu.be/JS2vp0n17BE[/Floatright]

First Evolution

The dragon is arrogant and aloof as befits a creature which is acknowledged by all as the lord of the natural world, and is charged by the gods to destroy all those too weak to deserve life. She is forced to set aside her disdain for inferior creatures when Caim offers her a pact which will save both their lives.

Note: Angelus is referred to as "she" (also in the game and by canon) for the dragon's voice is similar to a woman's in sound. The dragon, however, is sexless.

Powers

Firebreath - self-explanatory. She can generate fire in a continuous stream or in concussive spheres of fiery destruction.

Fire Storm - with a powerful roar, Angelus unleashes a continuous stream of fire to douse the enemy whilst fireballs rain from the sky like meteors to pummel in an AOE.

Homing Scatter Shot - the attack requires a complete one turn charge (execution on second turn). Angelus will charge her fire power into a condensed sphere that when it reaches maximum power will explode, releasing laser beams that scatter and converge on her intended target.

Typhoon - the dragon can create powerful gusts with her wings to toss enemies or when she flies by at sonic speeds.

Rapid Aerial Maneuverability - the dragon can rapidly change directions or whip around to chase her pursuers. She is agile enough to make tight turns, pull out of a dive, and barrel roll to avoid the homing attacks of other foes.

Strengths:

War Experience: Caim is merciless and sadistic on the battlefield, and enjoys too much the maiming of his foes. He has battled other humans, demons, elves, religious extremists, gods, dragons, and monsters. Even when odds were against him and the world he persevered to be his very end no matter how dark, spontaneous, and chaotic it may be. Midgard is a realm that can go from pseudo-order to absolute mind-blowing chaos. It is the challenge of champions.

Master of Arms: He is an expert with various weapons, being capable of unlocking the potential of each.

Countless Death Experiences: His past deaths are recalled as nightmares. He dreams of dying in several different scenarios than the one that had left a burning impression on him since he awakened. Even though they seem like nightmares, Caim has become unafraid to die. This boosts his self-confidence in battle as he tends to focus only on the mission and not the fear of death.

Best Friend = Dragon Goddess: How many people do you know have a dragon goddess friend?

Sign Language Proficiency: He is fluent in sign language.

Weaknesses:

Mute: He couldn't call for help to save his life. Then again, the help he would request would be from a colossal dragon. He isn't the type of guy to put in charge of radio communication or to even ask for his cell phone number. Maybe if you want to text him.

Fragmented Memory: Since being resurrected by the Cult of the Watchers, Caim hasn't regained his full memory. His memory loss is believed to be due to him having died before or a barrier may have been intentionally placed in his mind by the cult to protect them from Caim ever regaining his memory and seeking revenge.

Blindspot: In his fragmented past, Caim lost his eye when Mannah stabbed him in the face with a knife. His left eye is thus a blindspot.

Angelus: He cares a lot about his dragon that he would throw the entire world under the bus to ensure that she lives or suffers no more. They are very close and inseparable.

Countless Death Experiences: His past deaths are recalled as nightmares. He dreams of dying in several different scenarios than the one that had left a burning impression on him since he awakened. Even though they seem like nightmares, Caim has become unafraid to die. This boosts his self-confidence in battle as he tends to focus only on the mission and not the fear of death.

Old World Mindset: Caim comes from a high fantasy world with the only modern technologies he had seen were equivalent to the 19th century world with steampunk technology. The advanced science and technology of other game universes will make him feel confused and amazed, but he is willing to learn the necessary science to fight effectively. His mercenary job is his first exposure.
The gates are open

Gilgameshian

I certainly don't know off hand who I want to be but I certainly want to get in on the ground floor with this as they say (do they say this anymore? Hell if I know). Consider my hat in the ring.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

FarFetched

Tentatively putting my bid in. My current favorite to play would be either Bayonetta or Yoruichi (from Bleach). Currently leaning towards the latter.

Mac84

I'm definitely in to play Jack Archer from Robotech Battlecry,

or

Godzilla (male)

BruceTheCat

Glad to see that you guys are interested!

Your character sheet is approved TheBlackThorne! Feel free to move him over to our Character Sheet Thread. You can find the link in the recruitment post.

@Rel, that is correct! You have a WIP sheet right now though so D.Va is effectively reserved for you.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

So everyone knows, last time we started this game we had 16 characters/players off the bat.

For this game I would like to start with a smaller group. Then open it back up later for more people to join in as the game gets more off the ground. That being said I am going to set the player number to 8 players/characters at the beginning of the game.

If you have a WIP sheet your place is reserved. The total number does not include me or my character.

The list so far:

1. Red - Shepard
2. Lust - Miranda
3. Mac - Godzilla/Jack (Reserving his spot since a reboot was his idea)
4. Thorne - Caim
5. Rel - D.Va
- scribus1000

TheBlackThrone

If characters die in this game, are we allowed to make new ones and how will the progress be judged? If my character died at level 5, and I make a new one, I assume that I would have to start all over at level 1? It kind of make sense, but then it seems like it wouldn't matter if the new character picked up the level 5 if he/she was alive this entire time.
The gates are open

Lustful Bride

YAY *so excited* Lets make this a party!

*Crosses fingers for La Dame to join us*

BruceTheCat

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 07, 2016, 02:44:29 PM
If characters die in this game, are we allowed to make new ones and how will the progress be judged? If my character died at level 5, and I make a new one, I assume that I would have to start all over at level 1? It kind of make sense, but then it seems like it wouldn't matter if the new character picked up the level 5 if he/she was alive this entire time.

Good question Black! For right now I am not going to use the stat system, so progress will be judged based on the Level of your character. Which will increase as Boss enemies are killed and arcs are completed. If your character dies a player is welcome to create a new character. That new character will have half the level (rounded up) of the old character which was killed.

Don't quote me on that completely for right now. I may change it later down the line depending on what new things I decide to add to the game. What I can say for certain is that you will not start from "totally new character" power status. Like we are right now at character creation.
- scribus1000