SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 03, 2013, 07:20:59 PM
So Sis is new in town but if anyone wants to have run into her in the past month or so, shoot me a PM! She waitresses at the Saloon so if any of your characters would be regulars there, they could have met. She's an elf and a shaman and not exactly shy ;)

Around what age is Sis? 

She may know my elven phys ad, Jerica, who is pretty new to running.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 07:15:29 PM
Yeah, I'm basically using the German sourcebook for just background, info that may help with the cultural aspect of my Hanna.  I won't be using anything else from it, so no worries with that.  As for the Berlin sourcebook, I can't wait until it comes out!  I want to get my greedy little hands on it, and soak it up.  Hanna and Her partner are from Berlin, so hopefully more cultural background will come from it.  I'm hoping it'll have more info on the Russian aspect of Berlin, as well as it's seedy underbelly.

:: snickers :: Seedy underbelly ... :: refrains from non PG-13 comments ::
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Josietta on January 03, 2013, 07:48:12 PM
Lunar quote: "Seattle sourcebook is mainly for mob bosses and stuff like that. We're not using those we have our own custom ones. We're not using a lot of those NPCs rather. So in short the only book you should be using for character creation is the main book. You can use some of the Seattle Sourcebook locations for a better layout of the city (but not everyone has access to that), for your backstory only. We are not using other books because not everyone can get them or use them. We are sticking strictly to the Main Corebook for the most part."

*Salutes*  Aye aye, sailor!

Smooches in thankfulness.

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 03, 2013, 07:55:43 PM

:: snickers :: Seedy underbelly ... :: refrains from non PG-13 comments ::

Dirty!  Also, woohoo!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Josietta

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 08:10:33 PM
*Salutes*  Aye aye, sailor!

Smooches in thankfulness.

Dirty!  Also, woohoo!

*smooches back with gusto!*

De nada, me salsalita. ;P

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Josietta on January 03, 2013, 08:14:53 PM
*smooches back with gusto!*

De nada, me salsalita. ;P

Are you calling me salsa?  Is that a reference to wanting to eat me...cause yeah this thread is going to go into the gutter fast with that sentiment!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Josietta

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 08:16:21 PM
Are you calling me salsa?  Is that a reference to wanting to eat me...cause yeah this thread is going to go into the gutter fast with that sentiment!

Hahahaha! Nooo.. but well.. >.>

Urban Dictionary definition for it:

Salsalita:
A fine, young Hispanic - Latina - Mexicana girl of approximately 21 anos. The said female proves to be a real head turner, especially when working in under-staffed government facilities...And by under-staffed I mean, lacking foxy women.

I just used it as a term of endearment which this proves to be somewhat true to what I was saying hehe

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

undisclosedtoyou

Awww, you're a sweet heart!!!  <3's you!

I might or might not want to send my sheet to you, so you can tell me if it's any good.  I want a womens eye on it, as well as a man's. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Niferbelle

Quote from: Josietta on January 03, 2013, 07:49:56 PM
Around what age is Sis? 

She may know my elven phys ad, Jerica, who is pretty new to running.

Sissy's really young and just came out of NAN. She hasn't technically been on a run yet but has been keeping her ears open at the saloon and looking for potential partners.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 03, 2013, 08:37:08 PM
Sissy's really young and just came out of NAN. She hasn't technically been on a run yet but has been keeping her ears open at the saloon and looking for potential partners.

Yeah, I think Devil's met this one, ain't he?  ;D

:: A tall, dark figure wearing casually ambles into the Duke, his black, lined duster gently flapping behind him as he weaves his way through the busy room. The saloon is alive with myriad conversations, creating a low, droning din. Taking his usual table in the corner, he settles into a chair, his back to the wall as alert, cerulean blue orbs carefully scan the establishment's patrons and staff from beneath his whitelaw shades. His gaze settles on the new girl, a lovely elf with a heart shaped face and soft, full lips. Her radiant tresses of midnight silk and the soft golden hue of her bare skin stands as a flawless testament to her native ancestry. His attention is drawn to her voluptuous, slender figure as she glides gracefully among the saloon's patrons, making her way to his table. Inclining his head almost imperceptibly, he addresses the young elf. ::

"Eve'nin' miss."

The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Josi-love, are you any good at tinting hair in images?  I'm editing a photo for Glyph's Troll Giant, and I need someone to do that bit for me.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

If not, I can give it a shot. I have photoshop. I made the image on the Augmented Reality page of the wiki.
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 03, 2013, 09:29:24 PM
If not, I can give it a shot. I have photoshop. I made the image on the Augmented Reality page of the wiki.

Sweet!  I miss photoshopppppp. I'll upload it to the wiki, and send you the link via pm.  He want's the hair tinted blond.  I'm not sure which tint, but his skin is dark, so I'm guessing anything that would compliment his coloring.  Think Eastern Europe blond.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

More like Nordic blond, if there's a difference, but whatever's not jarring to the existing coloration is fine.

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 09:33:54 PM
More like Nordic blond, if there's a difference, but whatever's not jarring to the existing coloration is fine.

If you have a picture of something similar to what you have in mind for hair color... that would help.
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Well, I googled 'German Blond man' and got this:

Which is close enough. A straw-blonde shade.

TheGlyphstone

Two questions about armor:

1) Does it stack - i.e., can I wear an Armor Vest underneath Armored Clothing, or a Lined Coat over Armored Clothing, and get total AV3? It'd be 200 nuyen more than the Armored Jacket, with the benefit of not being obviously armored (can wear it to a dinner party, for example).

2) Does Armored Clothing come in higher-quality styles? For example, can I get an Armored Business Suit for the sum total of Armored Clothing + Business Suit, and have it be one set of clothing instead of two?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 03, 2013, 10:24:38 PM
Two questions about armor:

1) Does it stack - i.e., can I wear an Armor Vest underneath Armored Clothing, or a Lined Coat over Armored Clothing, and get total AV3? It'd be 200 nuyen more than the Armored Jacket, with the benefit of not being obviously armored (can wear it to a dinner party, for example).

2) Does Armored Clothing come in higher-quality styles? For example, can I get an Armored Business Suit for the sum total of Armored Clothing + Business Suit, and have it be one set of clothing instead of two?

1.) Armor stacking does not occur with any of the "Jackets", "Vests", "Suits", or "Coats",  meaning if you wear an armored Jacket and a Lined duster, the highest armor rating of the two applies. However, I can't recall how Lunar and I decided to handle "armored clothing" underneath any of those, so... we'll get back to you on that one.

2.) Good question. I would imagine yes, but this is something Lunar and I haven't discussed. So... another "we'll get back to you on it."
The Oath of The Drake

TheGlyphstone

Cools. I can't afford any of it anyway right now, so it's not a pressing issue.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: LunarSage on January 03, 2013, 01:11:27 PM
That's fine.  You can have any amount of experience outside the shadowrunning world that you want... but in the Running world of Seattle, your street cred starts at zero.

Probably at less than zero.  I used to work for the 'bad guys.'

Josietta

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 09:26:35 PM
Josi-love, are you any good at tinting hair in images?  I'm editing a photo for Glyph's Troll Giant, and I need someone to do that bit for me.

PM'd you what I hope was right for ya. *snugs*  Lemme know.

Am off back to bed.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Michael Corvus

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 03, 2013, 09:31:56 PM
Sweet!  I miss photoshopppppp. I'll upload it to the wiki, and send you the link via pm.  He want's the hair tinted blond.  I'm not sure which tint, but his skin is dark, so I'm guessing anything that would compliment his coloring.  Think Eastern Europe blond.

Oh yeah.. sorry I forgot to mention. I PMed the edited photo with blond hair to Glyph. Should've let you know, Dis.. sorry.

EDIT*

How's everyone doing on their character sheets? Any questions, confusion, problems?
The Oath of The Drake

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Josietta on January 04, 2013, 12:21:22 AM
PM'd you what I hope was right for ya. *snugs*  Lemme know.

Am off back to bed.

Thank you Josi-hun!  Sleep tight!

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 04, 2013, 01:07:52 AM
Oh yeah.. sorry I forgot to mention. I PMed the edited photo with blond hair to Glyph. Should've let you know, Dis.. sorry.

EDIT*

How's everyone doing on their character sheets? Any questions, confusion, problems?

No problems, lol.  Thank you for helping out!

My sheet is coming along.  I'm just adding stuff to her list of possessions.  Once I'm done with that, add up the cost, see what it comes out to, and delete things if needed. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Dhi

I noticed cameras are listed for ¥100. I'd like to spend much more than that on some cameras. In the real world I've paid $1200 for a camera even though you can get them for $100. I'd like to set aside like ¥5,000 for a few cameras and lenses and say that they are much better quality. Is that okay?

Also, Forbidden tier items. I'd like to have Aluminum Bone Lacing and two High Explosive Grenades. The bone lacing was done in Russia where the regulations are much looser, though the work was also inferior and a health problem for her. The explosives are a souvenir from a job where she was required to blow a reinforced door. Although she was able to open the door without explosives, she pocketed the grenades for a rainy day. Does that sound reasonable?

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Dhi on January 04, 2013, 02:11:52 AM
I noticed cameras are listed for ¥100. I'd like to spend much more than that on some cameras. In the real world I've paid $1200 for a camera even though you can get them for $100. I'd like to set aside like ¥5,000 for a few cameras and lenses and say that they are much better quality. Is that okay?

I don't see this as a problem with this since they infer no bonus or penalty to your character... so long as Lunar has no issues with it.

Quote from: Dhi on January 04, 2013, 02:11:52 AM
Also, Forbidden tier items. I'd like to have Aluminum Bone Lacing and two High Explosive Grenades. The bone lacing was done in Russia where the regulations are much looser, though the work was also inferior and a health problem for her. The explosives are a souvenir from a job where she was required to blow a reinforced door. Although she was able to open the door without explosives, she pocketed the grenades for a rainy day. Does that sound reasonable?

Sounds good to me. Your characters can have (F) Items, but just bear in mind if they get caught with them... they become a guest of Lone Star's, at the very least.

The Oath of The Drake