The Question of Faith (pirate-based roleplay)

Started by The Lioness, April 14, 2013, 10:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lioness

Guten Morgen, fellow roleplayers! I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far!

I wanted to start a roleplay I had started almost 10 years ago with a friend that was never finished. I would like to start the idea again, afresh with new people and ideas.

This is a pirate-based rp, and doesn't necessarily have to fall within the Pirates of the Caribbean world.

I would need both male and female roles for this one. I would prefer a strong female character to play one of the leads, as I will play the younger sister.

The idea is this: Two sisters have been living a life of crime since a young age when their parent's died in a pirate raid upon their small town. They stole whatever they needed, but nothing else, just to survive. They lived in the surrounding forest, never staying in the same place twice.

One night, they try to raid the Governor's manor for some supplies, and run into the governor's daughter. The governor's daughter was intent on killing them. They were seen, and would be recognized, so the older sister took it upon her self and killed her, then set the manor ablaze.

Ever since, that horrific night, the two sisters felt guilt beyond measure. They wanted to leave, so that they didn't have to live in fear that they would be recognized. They didn't want to live this type of life anymore. How they were going to do it is another question....

Will they have to continue living their life of crime in fear that they might one day be caught and executed? Would they be able to make it off their land to start a new life? Or are they going to have to make sacrifices in order to get where they want to go?

Please, please, please let me know if anyone is interested. I would like to brainstorm with all that are interested, so that we can get this roleplay started.

Thanks ^.^
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

Lurking

This sounds interesting, I'd be happy to give it a go. The older sister sounds like the sort of female character I could really enjoy playing. I like female characters who are strong and survivors at heart, who are willing to do whatever they have to to protect themselves and those they love. Playing a character who's willing to kill can be very interesting, but it's important to be able to see why they resort to such levels, and protecting a younger sibling is as good a reason as you can get.

May I suggest that the idea to change comes most strongly from the younger sister? I see the older sister being less willing to want to change, survival is in her bones and she's not sure if she can leave it behind. Besides, not simply taking from people means that you have to trust people enough that they're going to give you what you need, and I see this character as not being able to trust anyone. Anyone but her sister, that is. She's willing to try to change for her sister, but knows it won't be easy. I feel it would be easier for the younger sister as the older sister would have tried to protect her as much as possible and when it came to the bigger risks and sacrifices she took it upon herself to take them, such as being the one to kill, rather then letting her sister hold onto that burden.

Let me know what you think. :)
On Hiatus

The Lioness

Quote from: Lurking on April 14, 2013, 11:38:40 AM
This sounds interesting, I'd be happy to give it a go. The older sister sounds like the sort of female character I could really enjoy playing. I like female characters who are strong and survivors at heart, who are willing to do whatever they have to to protect themselves and those they love. Playing a character who's willing to kill can be very interesting, but it's important to be able to see why they resort to such levels, and protecting a younger sibling is as good a reason as you can get.

May I suggest that the idea to change comes most strongly from the younger sister? I see the older sister being less willing to want to change, survival is in her bones and she's not sure if she can leave it behind. Besides, not simply taking from people means that you have to trust people enough that they're going to give you what you need, and I see this character as not being able to trust anyone. Anyone but her sister, that is. She's willing to try to change for her sister, but knows it won't be easy. I feel it would be easier for the younger sister as the older sister would have tried to protect her as much as possible and when it came to the bigger risks and sacrifices she took it upon herself to take them, such as being the one to kill, rather then letting her sister hold onto that burden.

Let me know what you think. :)

*chuckles*

You know what's funny is that is how it had gone in the original idea I had with my friend. In this instance, I wanted the chance to have the other person grow their character to see where this story went.

I like the idea, and I am up for keeping your idea. The older sister is definitely a strong character, and protective to boot.

I would like to go ahead and post a prologue to get it started in the sandbox, if you are cool with it.

Thanks ^.^
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

Lurking

QuoteI would like to go ahead and post a prologue to get it started in the sandbox, if you are cool with it.
Sounds good, are you wanting to get the rp started or just the prologue? I'll get working on my reply now anyway, but let me know if you want me to hold off on posting until more people are interested. :)
On Hiatus

The Lioness

I west ahead and started it in the sandbox. I didn't mean to confuse you regarding prologue...I had written a large prologue when I original idea, and had to cut it down quite a bit to fit into a new rp idea and start fresh.

Go ahead and work on your reply. I originally did this rp with me and another female friend. If someone would be willing to join in at a later time, then that is cool with me...

...what us your take, now that you have seen my post in the sandbox?

Lurking

I've posted my intro.

My take on the prologue? It looks good, I'm interested in seeing where this rp's going to head.
On Hiatus

studpuppy22

I am also interested in being a part of the rp. How can I get started and what type of role would you like me to take up. I love the idea for it!

The Lioness

Hi studpuppy22! I had originally started this rp on here with Lurking, but she had to leave shortly thereafter. I had left this request up to see if I had any more bites, but you are the first to show any interest since.

Now, if needed, I can play both sisters, or just break the idea down to one girl and start it all over. Have you given it any thought or had any idea on what character you would like to play?

studpuppy22

I was interested in playing the younger sister. Also, would we play it out on this board? As you might be able to tell I am a little new to E

studpuppy22

I do not know if I would be able to play the older sister, we can try it out. Otherwise I will be happy to be a separate character. you should absolutely keep both sisters

The Lioness

As you are currently unapproved, I can go ahead and start it out on the non-adult roleplay boards. I can send you the link on here afterwards, and we can go from there. I can always message an Admin to have it moved down the road if we so desire.

Before we begin, how do you see the younger sister as a character? When I had stated this rp many years ago, I played the younger sister. The older sister tends to be a strong character, and more of a protector of the younger. I had always seen myself as the more quiet, not as headstrong, type.

If you were to be a separate character, who would you play? It might allow for more character growth.

studpuppy22

I too saw the younger sister as more of a quiet type following the older sister and helping her. Then maybe having some questions and fears but too afraid to change anything at least in the beginning.

For an add on- i was thinking the girls run into someone during a time of stress and this character turns out to be a mysterious person but willing to help. The girls are very fearful of him/her but the younger sister is the one who begins to trust this char.

What do you think?

The Lioness

I am liking your thought of the add-on character. I will go ahead and make a post by tomorrow and will post the link.

I look forward to it! ^.^

studpuppy22

Thanks. Can't wait to get started :)

I'm glad you had the great plot

The Lioness

studpuppy22

Just read it. Sounds great!!! How would you like me to start and shall I make a new character?

The Lioness

I thought what you could do is start with your new character and describe background, etc, like I did with the sisters. Generally, just do day-to-day stuff until you can find a good place to meet in the middle...

studpuppy22

deal :). I will send it once I get it finished up

studpuppy22

Just sent out my character info/start to the storyline. Hope you like it!

The Lioness

Sounds great so far!

I hope you don't mind that I have been writing a lot...I still have a lot of play from when I did this rp many years ago...the characters just stuck for me, and I would like to see how far it goes.

Please don't feel obligated to write as much as I have because of this...it's still back-log I have....once I catch up and our characters meet, my posts are probably going to get cut in half... I hope that doesn't bother you ^.^

studpuppy22

I am in love with it so far. Don't worry. I had expected most of it to be back-log. I also sometimes will write a lot depending on the situation. Once we meet. The conversations will start and it will of course shorten in length. Not a problem :)

studpuppy22

Quick question... Based on your back-log do you have a specific point in which you would like to meet? Otherwise I will just play it by feel

The Lioness

The one I just posted I think would be the perfect time for you to hop in, actually. Thoughts?

studpuppy22

I just read your post... I think this is the perfect time. Good luck to me :P