Black Crusade: We Hunger (Interest Check)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 12, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sinestra on June 21, 2014, 09:14:25 PM
Is that a rule for this specific game I'm missing?

Because on page 304 of the Core Black Crusade book, where it lists purchasing Infamy as an Advance for 500 experience (so long as your Infamy is below 40) is..?
Ah. Huh. My mistake, ever seen anyone actually do that before. Carry on then. nothing to see here. *whistles and wanders off*

Sinestra

Ohhhh no you don't! *reaches out with a Slaaneshi tentacle and drags back* You're going to sit right here and think on what you've done while I determine which part of my new Daemonette biology I'm going to test out... ;)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

ChaoticSky

Meep!

Also, in other news, despite fussing over it for so long, ive finally settled on a concept, Slanneshi psyker blademaster, i think we only have one other psyker (the 1ksons) so it shouldnt be too much of a issues, shes mostly focused on melee and such, and only psykers to the point that it improves her melee.

If youd like Sin, we could work out some past connection between them.

Sinestra

I'm totally ok with that. Since this place is chaos-made-manifest I assume there's plenty of places to meet up for plenty of reasons.

The "Scream Queen" is all about being an Anti-Sororitas, so partnering with "The Witch" is right up her alley. If making a concerted effort in hunting down, capturing/killing Sororitas sisters is an idea the character can get behind, they could totally be a tag-team duo in that regard. Both on a crusade to bring down the orders of the Emperor's daughters.

...I mean... we'd go for the Astartes but well... they're really really big. And one of them shrugged off a point blank blast from my noise-cannon... soooo, yah.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

HairyHeretic

The Dresden Files has a nice system where players 'guest star' in each others back stories. It means they have previous connections, and a reason to work with the others. I think it would be easy enough to plot similar links here.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Interesting.  Two Slaneeshi so far.  At least we don't have any Nurglings; I'd have some real issues there.

Short version for my BG so far is that this guy is a relic hunter... Power through all sorts of artifacts and the like.  He's old school Thousand Son, still in the red armor, thrown forward when he was exiled with Ahriman.  He'd probably be able to get along mostly okay with the two Slaneeshis... He's going to be a bit deluded, thinking that he's not owned by Tzeentch already, so demonic marks and possessions will need to be... encouraged.

I hope he'll be able to hold his own in combat compared to everyone else... a blade master, a noise Sister, someone who wanted an autocannon... and all I'm doing is hurling around Doombolt.

Sinestra

Yah, but we're still squishy humans. I've seen what Marines can do in other Warhammer games. If you're marine is even half as good as a normal marine, my noise sister and her like... 50% chance to hit with her noise canon won't be able to hold up much compared, even if she is mostly daemonette now. Which is kind of cool actually.

ChaoticSky

Hey! dont knock Nurgle, if i hadnt rolled the One Result on that reward table that i cant stand, then id be playing one :P. Theres more than one way to portray a child of papa nurgle than a walking pustule of gangrenous corpserot.

Also, i wouldnt worry, Psychic powers are pretty potent assuming youve built a psyker XD

Cataclysmic Archangel

I don't remember the mechanics for how to hit with things, but my combat skills (at least the way I perceived it) wasn't all that amazing.  He's got (I think) a 50/50 chance hitting things with his force sword... but he's got a 50 willpower with +3 Unnatural... and a psy focus.  That's decent, right?  +60 and 2 degrees of success?

Never played before... I think I'll lose in a gun fight, but I should be pretty decent hurling lightning around.

And it's not me that doesn't like Nurgle.  It's Tzeentch.  Change vs Decay. :p

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 22, 2014, 01:49:50 PM
I don't remember the mechanics for how to hit with things, but my combat skills (at least the way I perceived it) wasn't all that amazing.  He's got (I think) a 50/50 chance hitting things with his force sword... but he's got a 50 willpower with +3 Unnatural... and a psy focus.  That's decent, right?  +60 and 2 degrees of success?

Never played before... I think I'll lose in a gun fight, but I should be pretty decent hurling lightning around.

And it's not me that doesn't like Nurgle.  It's Tzeentch.  Change vs Decay. :p
And the saddest part of that is that i cant have a force sword despite being a psychic blademaster.  :-\

Cataclysmic Archangel

*slinks off to a corner*  I'll be quiet now....

You could probably get away with it with either the Wealth passion?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Darkling on June 22, 2014, 02:07:31 PM
And the saddest part of that is that i cant have a force sword despite being a psychic blademaster.  :-\

So find and kill someone who has one.

Simple ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 22, 2014, 02:39:06 PM
So find and kill someone who has one.

Simple ;)
Thats what Arc is worried about :P

Terian

Hey, I wanted to be a cute Unaligned Renegade with oversized guns and walking around in Termie Armour, but I couldn't have that either :(

Still, at least we'll have someone capable of taking down small tanks without getting into melee.

Cataclysmic Archangel

To be honest, I actually had a back up idea if I needed.  But we'll see what happens.  I just always play 1k Sons in 40k, so... *shrugs*

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 22, 2014, 07:57:59 PM
To be honest, I actually had a back up idea if I needed.  But we'll see what happens.  I just always play 1k Sons in 40k, so... *shrugs*
no one said you couldnt, i was joking about killing you for your force sword  :P

and Terian, the difference is that no one gets terminator armour, while all psychic adv artchtypes get force weapons (1ksons, magisters) while core (sorc, psyker) archtypes have no way to do so.

But its okay, i have a plan O_O.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Darkling on June 22, 2014, 08:34:53 PM
no one said you couldnt, i was joking about killing you for your force sword  :P

and Terian, the difference is that no one gets terminator armour, while all psychic adv artchtypes get force weapons (1ksons, magisters) while core (sorc, psyker) archtypes have no way to do so.

But its okay, i have a plan O_O.

.... Sorcerer gets a Force Weapon.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 22, 2014, 08:46:00 PM
.... Sorcerer gets a Force Weapon.
Ha, so they do, so its just me that doesnt. Rather proves my point though doesnt it?  ;D

Anyway, its fine, you can convert primitive weapons to force weapons, so im going to get one of those, then hump a heretek's leg at some point to get them to convert it for me.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Terian on June 22, 2014, 07:53:49 PM
Hey, I wanted to be a cute Unaligned Renegade with oversized guns and walking around in Termie Armour, but I couldn't have that either :(

Still, at least we'll have someone capable of taking down small tanks without getting into melee.

Oh, don't worry. You'll be facing a Deathwatch kill-team in your first forray. There will be a Librarian with a force sword and a guy in termie armor.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Warlock

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 22, 2014, 10:34:57 PM
Oh, don't worry. You'll be facing a Deathwatch kill-team in your first forray. There will be a Librarian with a force sword and a guy in termie armor.

Shortest game ever. You should also add a titan for the extra overkill factor.

Sinestra

PERFECT! I have just the thing to stop them!

...it's back at home, I'll go get it, YOU GUYS HOLD THEM OFF! *jump packs off into the distance*

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Warlock on June 22, 2014, 10:58:18 PM
Shortest game ever. You should also add a titan for the extra overkill factor.

It's possible to beat them.... in about 20,000xp.

The force weapon is not so bad. The Termie armor though, is. Termie armor makes you immune to anything short of a melta or AP rockets.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Terian

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 22, 2014, 10:34:57 PM

:O But that means the Termie Armour won't fit when we eventually figure out how to kill them!

That being said, I could certainly do damage with my Autocannon, it'd just take a while.  3d10+8I Pen 6 means that I penetrate the Terminator Armour before even rolling dice, which means I jusneed to roll decently well on my damage to break Toughness Bonus.

I mean, yeah, if you're using small-arms, (Which include hand-held Boltguns), Termie Armour is huge.  But against a heavy anti-vehicle weapon?  They're tough but killable.

Sinestra

If my sonic cannon and I could get into near-melee range with the termie, I could do SOME damage... but it's an Astartes. Short of a biotitan they just kind of shrug it off and keep coming.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sinestra on June 22, 2014, 11:13:54 PM
If my sonic cannon and I could get into near-melee range with the termie, I could do SOME damage... but it's an Astartes. Short of a biotitan they just kind of shrug it off and keep coming.
You know that thing does 6d10 with 6 pen right? with melta and overcharge, you can do alot more at close range. It also has spray, concussive and devastating out the wazzo.

I'm fairly certain that you could gib a space marine on a good roll.