News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

5th Ed D&D - The Legend of Dryad Wood

Started by Devil's Advocate, April 12, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

I'm looking for people that would be interested in playing in an online game of the newest edition of D&D.  Since D&D has charm spells and other spells that can force you to act against your will, I'm thinking that this has to be classified as non-con, although I do not believe it will be very heavy, if at all, on the non-con content.  However, I'd like to keep all bases covered so I/we do not violate any E rules.

Stats would be epic buy for first level characters.  Feel free to PM me a concept and/or state your interest here.

Here's the concept's start (in the world of Greyhawk):

You have lived your entire life in the sleepy city of Dryad Wood.  It is a small city, perhaps 300-400 people made up primarily (if not completely) of humans, half-elves and elves.  The city is located in the Gnarley Forest.  Legends state that the city was founded over a hundred years ago by a dryad who made a deal with a human and and elf to offer mutual protection.  However, no dryad had ever been seen in or around the city and many suspect that this was a fairy tale to make people feel safe at night since it is isolated from much of civilization. 

Recently, however, more and more people of varying races have been travelling through Dryad Wood.  Some seek refuge, shelter and others are passing through.  All the travelers speak of new cities and towns appearing out of nowhere and invasions from strange people taking over their homes and pillaging their towns.  Such horrors have not yet come to Dryad Wood but the stories coming from different places are hard to dismiss. 

The council of Dryad Wood seeks adventurers and city folk itching for adventure to discover the nature of these rumors and see if they pose a threat to Dryad Wood.  If they do, they will require your council on how to end the threat or take whatever action is deemed necessary.  This may be your chance to see the world at large.  The council will supply you (as a first level adventurer).  Do you dare take the risk? 
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Devil's Advocate

Wonderful!  If we get one interested player every 5 minutes, we're going to have a rather large party.  I love it!  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Evael

I haven't played 5e before, but I've been eager to try it out. Consider me interested.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Evael on April 13, 2015, 12:36:28 AM
I haven't played 5e before, but I've been eager to try it out. Consider me interested.

Wonderful!  5e is so much easier than 3, 3.5 and Pathfinder.  Takes me way back to my 2nd ed days.  You'll catch on fairly quickly, I assure you.  :)  Do you have the PH or a PDF of it? 
O/o's

A/a's

Evael

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on April 13, 2015, 12:45:37 AM
Wonderful!  5e is so much easier than 3, 3.5 and Pathfinder.  Takes me way back to my 2nd ed days.  You'll catch on fairly quickly, I assure you.  :)  Do you have the PH or a PDF of it?
I'll grab the PDF next time I'm at a computer.

I've heard a lot of good about it, for sure!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

hesitant interest - 5E games on E seem cursed, but i really want to play the system.

What are your creation outlines?

(If there's any way I can play a gnoll, centaur, satyr or minotaur, especially, let me know!  ;D )

JoanieSappho

I've got the hankering to play a curte little halfling boy, so if that's fine I'm definitely interested.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Evael on April 13, 2015, 01:12:49 AM
I'll grab the PDF next time I'm at a computer.

I've heard a lot of good about it, for sure!

It is a great system.  I especially love advantage/disadvantage and how people are forced to have a background complete with traits and flaws.

Quote from: Muse on April 13, 2015, 02:56:12 AM
Oh! May I play?  :)

Absolutely.  It would be nice to write with you again.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 03:05:06 AM
hesitant interest - 5E games on E seem cursed, but i really want to play the system.

What are your creation outlines?

(If there's any way I can play a gnoll, centaur, satyr or minotaur, especially, let me know!  ;D )

I would not know about a 5E curse as I have been gone for around a year from E.  Silly real life and law practice that got in the way.  :)  In any case, 27 point buy as described in the PH.  All PH races permitted (therefore, no gnoll, centur, satyr, or minotaur); however, please remember that Dryad Wood itself is human, elven and half-elven.  If you play something else, you're not likely a resident; however, you may be a frequent visitor or you may be someone seeking refuge.  Let me know what you might choose for that via PM so we could work it out. 

Quote from: JoanieSappho on April 13, 2015, 06:27:35 AM
I've got the hankering to play a curte little halfling boy, so if that's fine I'm definitely interested.

Great!  Do it!  Create it!  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

We already have 5 interested, which is a great start.  In my experience in E, generally, we should have double of what a good party should have to keep the game/writing going.  Therefore, I would ask you to submit via PM your character concepts with stats, traits, etc. 

If you need help, let me know.  I'm happy to assist.  Once I get 4 approved concepts, I'll get a forum set up and we'll be on our adventuring way!
O/o's

A/a's

RubySlippers

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2015, 08:12:47 AM
Sounds fun. interested.

Create a character and PM it to me. Working on my cell phone now, so hard to do more than look. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Revelation

I'm likewise interested and if there aren't too many players yet i'll be submitting a character. Maybe a paladin or fighter, or I might even go crazy and try a warlock. I'll try to get a sheet submitted today.

Etherealgirl

Awesome! I am interested. I wanna play a female halfling Druid. :D

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 01:50:07 PM
I'm likewise interested and if there aren't too many players yet i'll be submitting a character. Maybe a paladin or fighter, or I might even go crazy and try a warlock. I'll try to get a sheet submitted today.

Please submit.  I have never turned anyone away based on numbers.  Real life, etc. causes attrition and I'd rather have more to make everything work.  Feel free to draft something up.  :)

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 13, 2015, 02:08:54 PM
Awesome! I am interested. I wanna play a female halfling Druid. :D

Wonderful!   Put her together and PM me.  I want to have at least 4 completed characters before I set up a group.  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Muse

Can we give sumaries of what we want to submit in here?  I'd like ot fill a party roll. 

This is an original setting?  What pantheons are availble if I'd like to use a cleric? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CeruleanSerenity

I'm interested, then, if room isn't an issue... I'm currently trying to get back into things, but once I'm confident I'm keeping up with the games I'm in, I could submit a character.

AndyZ

Currently working on a warlock.  Hopefully nobody else grabs that spot, but I can give it up if somebody else really wants it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

JoanieSappho

... just as I type in that I've made a halfling cleric. Ah well. As for pantheons, I read the original post that we were in Greyhawk, with their one.

Chulanowa

I was gonna go with my halfling druid, too.  ;D Oh well, she can wait!

Well, I'm good for anything except rogue - i'm all rogued out. Maybe something heavy melee. Or... y'know I haven't really given the warlocks a look. Hmmmm. Brainstorming time!

Muse

Hm... 

So we have warlock and cleric.  Caster might not be so important. 

I'll dig around about offering some muscle, then.  :) 

Maybe a guy, since we have so many Lady's applying.  *bows* 

Chulanowa

Oh, don't invest in me having a warlock just yet. I don't even know what the shit they do, aside from listen to linkin park  O8)

AndyZ

I was working on a warlock, Chul.  Would you rather I went rogue?

Chulanowa

Oh, I missed that  :-[

No no, carry on. I'll cook something up.

Revelation

If Andy is making a warlock, i'll make a paladin then! I should be able to play nice with a warlock.  O:)

AndyZ

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:39:26 PM
If Andy is making a warlock, i'll make a paladin then! I should be able to play nice with a warlock.  O:)

Going the more "benevolent and insane" than "evil" route ^_^ Should be able to play nice with a paladin too.

JoanieSappho

As for genders, halfling cleric is physically male, although they look, live and think of themselves more as female. Cute little thing, though, if a little bit incredibly innocent and naive.

Revelation

By the way, Devils Advocate, how many points is epic point buy? I'm not seeing any different amounts for point buy in the PHB so it may be a DMG thing.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Muse on April 13, 2015, 02:51:41 PM
  Can we give sumaries of what we want to submit in here?  I'd like ot fill a party roll. 

This is an original setting?  What pantheons are availble if I'd like to use a cleric?

We're in Greyhawk setting.

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:44:22 PM
By the way, Devils Advocate, how many points is epic point buy? I'm not seeing any different amounts for point buy in the PHB so it may be a DMG thing.

No, it was a Pathfinder thing and I was confusing my point buy systems.  The point buy system is 27 points per the PH.

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 03:39:26 PM

Rare to see anyone go the paladin route.  Though, in 5E, you don't have to be LG (or lawful stupid as many played paladins).
O/o's

A/a's

Revelation

Gotcha, so standard point buy. Just had to ask to figure that out.

And I love paladins, I don't play the lawful dumb types either!

Since we have 2 people with bird girl avatars interested in this game I take that as an auspicious sign!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 04:13:58 PM
Gotcha, so standard point buy. Just had to ask to figure that out.

And I love paladins, I don't play the lawful dumb types either!

Since we have 2 people with bird girl avatars interested in this game I take that as an auspicious sign!

So, so far, I see a paladin, a warlock and cleric....  Warlock and cleric beginnings have been submitted to me.  Good stuff. 

I do probably need to know from all of you why you're coming to Dryad Wood or whether you're a native of the town/city....
O/o's

A/a's

RubySlippers

A CG Half-orc Ranger maybe, a local gal whose parents are Half-orcs of "good character".

Etherealgirl

I'll be making my character tomorrow and submitting.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 13, 2015, 02:52:01 PM
I'm interested, then, if room isn't an issue... I'm currently trying to get back into things, but once I'm confident I'm keeping up with the games I'm in, I could submit a character.

Room is not an issue.  Create away. 

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 03:16:41 PM
I was gonna go with my halfling druid, too.  ;D Oh well, she can wait!

Well, I'm good for anything except rogue - i'm all rogued out. Maybe something heavy melee. Or... y'know I haven't really given the warlocks a look. Hmmmm. Brainstorming time!

No dissing rogues!  That's my chosen class!  :P

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2015, 05:09:30 PM
A CG Half-orc Ranger maybe, a local gal whose parents are Half-orcs of "good character".

Ruby, the locals in Dryad Wood are humans, elves and half-elves.  A half-orc really would not fit.  Ranger would be very good, though.

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 13, 2015, 05:35:55 PM
I'll be making my character tomorrow and submitting.

Looking forward to reading it!
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

I'm not dissing rogues, I've just made like... eight of the things for various games recently. it's kind of like cupcakes. everyone loves cupcakes... until you're on cupcake #15 and you're like "man, fuck cupcakes."

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 11:33:40 PM
I'm not dissing rogues, I've just made like... eight of the things for various games recently. it's kind of like cupcakes. everyone loves cupcakes... until you're on cupcake #15 and you're like "man, fuck cupcakes."

I don't know.  I don't think I could tire of cupcakes.  :)  LOL  But, yeah, every once in awhile you want to do something different.  I get it.  However, when I game, most people count on me to create the rogue, because I excel at it, and nobody else does it as a result, so....  Victim of our own successes?
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

I'll likely get something in later tomorrow after work.

Etherealgirl

Submitted a character, hope to be approved and play! :D

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 14, 2015, 09:37:10 AM
Submitted a character, hope to be approved and play! :D

Was looking at it between court files.  The only thing that caught my eye in skim is that you seemed to list a feat.  Not sure how you got one of those at 1st level but perhaps I missed something in your character's race or I was just skimmed too quickly.
O/o's

A/a's

Etherealgirl

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 14, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
Hmm. A feat? Ill check that out.

Like I said, I skimmed rather quickly.  Will be doing more looking in depth at folks after I crank out this brief.
O/o's

A/a's

Muse

Well, if you use the human version designed for the system that uses feats? 

Etherealgirl

Nah, I'm gonna play a halfling druid. I checked and I don't see any feats on my sheet. They are all racial traits.

Muse

Is anyone applying with a barbarian? 

Etherealgirl

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

CeruleanSerenity

I'm currently thinking bard, barbarian, or wizard... leaning wizard though, or bard if the group needs one. So if you have a barbarian in mind, don't hesitate on my account. Archery-focused fighter is also an option.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 14, 2015, 02:03:35 PM
I'm currently thinking bard, barbarian, or wizard... leaning wizard though, or bard if the group needs one. So if you have a barbarian in mind, don't hesitate on my account. Archery-focused fighter is also an option.

I don't think that I've seen anyone mention wizard as of yet.  Might be a good lean.  However, I can make a party of whatever work.  Numbers are no issue either.  In fact, I encourage them.  Worst case scenario, I have two parties at some point.  Makes for some epic times.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

2 characters looking fine re: stats (both halflings).  Please remember those traits, flaws, etc. are there for a reason.  Help me with some background on your characters.  If you need information from me regarding the environment, that's not a problem.  Just PM me. 

Let's get some more characters in so I can create the group and get this show on the road. 
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

I'm also feeling halfling - either a druid (If etherealgirl doesn't mind sharing) or ranger...

Failing that, a dwarf with a big hammer ("with a big hammer" being one of the new classes coming out soon. No really!)

Muse

^_^;; 

Am I the only one who's actually from this town?  :P 

Chulanowa

I would literally rather play  tree stump than an elf  ;D

Muse

:p 

How abut a human then?  Humans never get any love! 

*The redhead pouts and tries to get really short and pretend to be a halfling.* 

Revelation

My character will be Human, mostly because humans are the best. Been a busy start to the week, aiming to get the sheet done tomorrow before well, I go off to play D&D. I will definitely be going human paladin, just thinking on what deity to serve greyhawk wise, and how to properly characterize him.

Muse

Most excelent.  :)  Between your paladin and my barbarian Ran, we should be able to put up a strong front.  :) 

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Muse on April 15, 2015, 03:29:11 AM
^_^;; 

Am I the only one who's actually from this town?  :P

No.  Looks like we have an elven outsider from this town.  :)

Quote from: Muse on April 15, 2015, 04:15:57 AM

How abut a human then?  Humans never get any love! 

*The redhead pouts and tries to get really short and pretend to be a halfling.* 

Humans don't get a lot of love, this is true.  Though, I played many in Pathfinder.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 15, 2015, 03:44:40 AM
I would literally rather play  tree stump than an elf  ;D

I've had that opinion ever since 2nd ed.  But I'm partial to halflings and gnomes for my rogues.  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Etherealgirl

My Druid's name is Orchid, if anyone wants to have a past with her, let me know. :D She's a druid, and a bit wild!

AndyZ

I've got a Half-Elf Warlock named Miranda.  Ethereal, I'll PM you about some ideas.

RubySlippers

I'll not submit a character, not that this doesn't sound fun just between my medical recovery and being in several games I just figure not to push things with another one.

AndyZ

Not sure what happened with your medical recovery, but get well soon.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 15, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
I'll not submit a character, not that this doesn't sound fun just between my medical recovery and being in several games I just figure not to push things with another one.

No worries, Ruby.  If you change your mind, feel free to send me something. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

4 characters in now (if I'm adding right).  So either tonight or tomorrow depending on how my home life shakes out, I'll get up some groups/intro/whatever and post it here and then we can get plugging away.
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 15, 2015, 01:57:10 PM
My Druid's name is Orchid, if anyone wants to have a past with her, let me know. :D She's a druid, and a bit wild!

I haven't got my character together yet (damnable 14-hour shifts!) but i';d be more htna happy to form team Halfling  ;D What Circle are you going with?

Revelation

I've also been sadly rather busy today, something snuck up on me and kinda bit me in the ass. But my paladin will be a foreigner to the lands, more than likely a former soldier who's faith in Heironeous manifested in a more martial nature. He'd be seeking to improve his skills by defending others and given Dryad Woods current issues, that seems as good a place as any to help others and perhaps find like minded allies. Of course, there will be more nuance than that, but he'll definitely be on the side of good.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 15, 2015, 03:22:55 PM
I haven't got my character together yet (damnable 14-hour shifts!) but i';d be more htna happy to form team Halfling  ;D What Circle are you going with?

That would be *3* halflings!  Wow!  I don't ever think I've seen that!

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 15, 2015, 03:40:19 PM
I've also been sadly rather busy today, something snuck up on me and kinda bit me in the ass. But my paladin will be a foreigner to the lands, more than likely a former soldier who's faith in Heironeous manifested in a more martial nature. He'd be seeking to improve his skills by defending others and given Dryad Woods current issues, that seems as good a place as any to help others and perhaps find like minded allies. Of course, there will be more nuance than that, but he'll definitely be on the side of good.

Good to know so I can plan, ChangingSaint.  Just get moving on that sheet.  I like to move at a good pace. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Etherealgirl

Im doing the druid circle that is for shape shifting.

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

FYI, it is unlikely that I will put up an opening post on Dryad Wood on the In Game thread tonight.  I haven't had a lot of sleep lately and I am pretty bushed.  Hopefully, however, this encourages everyone to put on the finishing touches and post their characters. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

First post is up.  The stage is set for death, er, misery, er, fun!  Yeah!  Yeah, that's the ticket!

Still waiting for some of you to post your approved characters on the Dryad Wood thread for characters.  Let's get it moving!  :)

New character submissions still welcomed.  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

We've had a player or two go quiet, so if someone else is interested, we would welcome some new applications.
O/o's

A/a's

Machete

I, actually, have a character named Shane already built for this. I just transferred her sheet from paper onto the computer. Mind you, those pictures are from before I redesigned her into a human, and I've played her in the adventure league as well. Are you allowing stuff from Elemental Evil or not?

Lynnie

I want in! I got a bard already made :D

EvilBeast

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Machete on May 30, 2015, 11:53:45 AM
I, actually, have a character named Shane already built for this. I just transferred her sheet from paper onto the computer. Mind you, those pictures are from before I redesigned her into a human, and I've played her in the adventure league as well. Are you allowing stuff from Elemental Evil or not?

I don't have Elemental Evil, so no.  I'll take a look at your sheet in a bit.  Feel free to PM me.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 30, 2015, 10:26:29 PM
Do you still need another player?

I have no issue taking in more players if they fit. :)
O/o's

A/a's

EvilBeast

I have a female gnome druid just about ready to go. If there's room for her, I'll complete her and write up a background. If you'd rather have need of a different class, let me know.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 31, 2015, 02:57:54 PM
I have a female gnome druid just about ready to go. If there's room for her, I'll complete her and write up a background. If you'd rather have need of a different class, let me know.

That will work well enough.  PM me with it all.
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

I will. Its a pdf file. How should i send that?

EvilBeast

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on May 31, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
That will work well enough.  PM me with it all.
i'll get her sent over a bit later tonight. thanks!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on May 31, 2015, 03:53:57 PM
I will. Its a pdf file. How should i send that?

I advise using Myth Weavers.  See it here
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

I think I am going to gracefully bow out as I saw how big this was getting >.> A bit to much for me.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on June 01, 2015, 08:08:17 AM
I think I am going to gracefully bow out as I saw how big this was getting >.> A bit to much for me.

*shrug*  No worries.  We will hope to write with you some time in the future.  It is smaller than you think but the invite remains open.
O/o's

A/a's

Lynnie

Thank You :) I will try to figure out the site you showed me.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Lynnie on June 01, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
Thank You :) I will try to figure out the site you showed me.

Figure it out?

We're experiencing a bit of a slow down in Dryad Wood due to some players either disappearing or having life experience.  We can add a few more players, especially if they're regular writers.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

Is there room for a (future) Gnarley Ranger?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

eternaldarkness

I'd love to join if you have room. I think every D&D game needs a good 'ol burly Fighter. I'm thinking he's probably a militiaman from Dryad Wood.

Muse

*chuckles*  A barbarian and a fighter, ey?  :)  Between you and Ran we'll have a really strong front. 

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 08, 2015, 10:31:27 PM
I'd love to join if you have room. I think every D&D game needs a good 'ol burly Fighter. I'm thinking he's probably a militiaman from Dryad Wood.

PM me your idea.  Party's only a day out from Dryad Wood.  Certainly would be good for the group.

Quote from: greenknight on August 08, 2015, 07:57:03 PM
Is there room for a (future) Gnarley Ranger?

Mayhaps.  I think we have another ranger but I can handle as many players as necessary.  There may be times where the party shall have to split.  *evil grin*
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

A couple of questions. What is epic point buy for stats and do you allow feats and how much gear do we get (roll for cash, max cash, or starting class/background gear only)?
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 03:08:00 PM
A couple of questions. What is epic point buy for stats and do you allow feats and how much gear do we get (roll for cash, max cash, or starting class/background gear only)?

Normal 5th ed point buy.  I think I said epic at one point because I was looking at Pathfiinder at the same time.  My bad.  All equipment is standard per the PH.  No die rolls for money starting cash, etc.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

Great. Can someone help me out with the ranger's starting equipment. I'm about 450 miles from my PHB and will be for the next few weeks. The basic rules only cover so much.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 08:49:25 PM
Great. Can someone help me out with the ranger's starting equipment. I'm about 450 miles from my PHB and will be for the next few weeks. The basic rules only cover so much.

Not including background stuff;
Scale or leather armour
Two shortswords or two simple melee weapons
A dungeoneer's pack, or an explorer's pack
A longbow and 20 arrows.

The dungeoneer's pack contains a backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, a  waterskin and  50 ft of hemp rope.
The explorer's pack is a backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin and 50 ft of rope.

greenknight

Thanks, Joanie.

DA, any issue with trading the two shortswords and longbow for longsword, shield, and shortbow? I'm considering a Justicar like build, but I may need to throw a level of fighter in there if I want to go the full route.

EDIT: Are any of the additional languages in use; Old Flan, Velondi, etc?

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: greenknight on August 09, 2015, 10:06:57 PM
Thanks, Joanie.

DA, any issue with trading the two shortswords and longbow for longsword, shield, and shortbow? I'm considering a Justicar like build, but I may need to throw a level of fighter in there if I want to go the full route.

EDIT: Are any of the additional languages in use; Old Flan, Velondi, etc?

No additional languages to concern yourself with.  Let's stick to the PHB as written.  I'm quite sure you will find weapons more to your preference at some point.
O/o's

A/a's

greenknight

How's this? I'm working the background out, but I don't want to get too in depth and never have it come up in game. Basically, he is from Dryad Wood or near to it and spent most of his childhood running around in the woods. He's met a few things there, too.

Brannock

Human Ranger (Outlander) 1 Neutral Good
AC 16 (scale armor)
HP 12 (1d10+2)
Speed 30 feet

14 Strength 14 Dexterity 12 Constitution 12 Intelligence 14 Wisdom 10 Charisma
Saves Str +4, Dex +4
Skills Athletics +4, Medicine+4, Nature +3, Perception +4, Stealth +4,  Survival +4
Languages Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Features & Traits
Proficiencies. Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, viol
Favored Enemy. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track goblins and orcs and on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer. You are particularly at home in forest terrain. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to forest terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in. While traveling for an hour or more in forest terrain, you gain the following benefits:
• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s speed.
• Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
• Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
• If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
• When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
• While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
Skill. You have proficiency in Athletics
Medium Armor Mastery. When wearing medium armor, you may add up to a +3 Dexterity bonus to AC and never suffer disadvantage to Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around me. You can always find fresh food and water for yourself and up to five other people each day.

Attacks & Spellcasting
Shortsword  +4  1d6+2 piercing, finesse, light
Longbow  +4  1d8+2 piercing, ammunition (150/600 feet), heavy, two handed
Staff  +4  1d6+2 bludgeoning, versatile (1d8+3 bludgeoning)
Dagger  +6  1d4+5 piercing, finesse, light, thrown (20/60 feet)

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, viol, 8 gp

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Dhi

Hi DA, is there room for another meat shield? I'm interested in playing a fighter, though I'm told you already have a barbarian, paladin, and ranger.

Wolfy

Is there still room for more party members? ;3

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Dhi on August 12, 2015, 11:09:38 AM
Hi DA, is there room for another meat shield? I'm interested in playing a fighter, though I'm told you already have a barbarian, paladin, and ranger.

Always works for me.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Wolfy on August 12, 2015, 02:43:32 PM
Is there still room for more party members? ;3

The more, the merrier.  As stated, I can always have two parties from two different directions.  One big party, split the parties, etc.  There's a lot to do in this plot I have concocted.
O/o's

A/a's

Dhi

Name: Dza Yucca
Human Fighter (Guild Artisan) 1
Personality: I am more interested in the past than the present. Whenever I meet a new person, I try to learn about their history if at all possible.
Ideals: Preservation We must protect the relics of the past, else their creators will fade from memory. (Lawful)
Bonds: I work to uncover the truth of past events, even if doing so is harmful to my nation or organization.
Flaws: There is an intense rivalry between myself and a particular colleague, and it often clouds my judgment.

Strength 16 ( +3 )Dexterity 10 ( +0 )Constitution 14 ( +2 )
Intelligence 14 ( +2 )Wisdom 10 ( +0 )Charisma 10 ( +0 )
Dza is a physically impressive specimen, chiseled from marble by a master of the human form. Her sword-arm is not especially nimble, but a firm shoulder lies behind it. A dual education in her Baklunish heritage and the Flanaess world in which she lives gave Dza an intellectual head start over her peers.

Skills: Athletics ( +5 ), History ( +4 ), Insight ( +2 ), Investigation ( +4 ), Persuasion ( +2 )
When she began working as a guardswoman in Melford, the garrison were too few to actively patrol. Often she would be called to respond to a crime hours or days later, and needed to rely on good interpersonal skills and shrewd investigation to track down a culprit. As the town guard strengthened, her reputation as a skilled fighter and woman of culture saw her stationed in the company of priests and scholars. Still, she has honed the training necessary to trounce a seedy tavern full of lowlifes should the need arise.

HP 12 AC 18 Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
The elegant, acid etched piecemeal plates of her armor were handed down from her giant of a brother, a bit oversized even over her chainmail but blessed with the stopping power of mithril. A few years ago her brother ceased being able to wrestle her to her knees, and her constant exposure to roadborne illness has left her immune system very robust.

Languages: Common, Giant, Orc
The orcs of the Pomarj are a constant threat to Gnarleywood, and a learned woman like Dza understands the importance of understanding their language even if she's loath to utter it. With the incursion of giants into Geoff across the mountains, a number of experts on the fell creatures have passed through Melford, and although she's never seen an actual giant, their language and primeval culture has fascinated her.

Features
Guild Membership: Mouqollad Consortium
Proficiencies: Light, medium, heavy armor; Shields; Simple, martial weapons; Potter's tools
Fighting Style: Dueling
Second Wind ( 1d10+1 )
Feat: Sentinel
Dza's parents are far-ranging members of the western Mouqollad Consortium, a Baklunish organization of merchant clans and craftspersons merged into a powerful mercantile consortium. She has been named an honorary member herself, though she's never laid eyes on Ket nor sold wares through Consortium channels- the guild is more interested in her as a foot in the door to passage east than anything. Still, Dza takes pride in her heritage, and stands firm as a protector of the weak, able to stand her own with a simple blade against hulking orc savages.

Attacks
WeaponAttackDamageTypeProperties
Longsword +5 1d8+5 Slashing Versatile (1d10)
Handaxe +5 1d6+3 Slashing Light, Thrown (20/60)

Equipment
Chainmail
Longsword
Shield
Handaxe (2)
Dungeoneer's Pack: Backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope
Potter's Tools
Letter of Introduction from the Mouqollad Consortium
Traveler's Clothes
Belt Pouch with 15g

Dhi

greenknight, eternaldarkness, do either of you want to be Melford guardsmen with me?

greenknight

I was thinking I'd come up on the party during their fight or just after. My character hangs out in the woods tracking nasties like the goblins they just fought. But Brannock may work out of Melford rather than Dryad Wood, too. I see no reason to write off the possibility that our characters know each other.