Revolution! Interest Check

Started by Zealously Jaded, June 04, 2010, 10:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zealously Jaded

Zealously Jaded

Anyone else, looking for some merchants, or sutible rich/decent people police/soilders.

Anyway... I shall get something up and running very soon :)

Gerald

Morning to you milady.  Thought I'd officially throw my name into the mix.  I have read the OOC more carefully now and think a character from the south side is deffinately in order if you'll still have me.  I'll PM you to visit about his persona before I write it for the masses...hehe
We dwell in the abyss between light and darkness. Look to the darkness first for it will bring you satisfactions untold that the brightness of day will not.  Look to the light if you are fearfull, it will comfort you in the abyss of uncertainty and fear.

ons & offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

vonnetaire

I like the idea of playing as a police officer, especially with the revolutionary setting, allows for a lot of cool directions to take the story, that is if you are still looking for players. This would be my first RP, if you give me the go ahead I'll get post a Character sheet and get on this stat. Also, I was thinking maybe like lieutenant, well-respected and well-liked by his peers, best friend to the Captain... etc, etc, flesh it out later. Also, what kind of set up were you thinking for the police? How big is this city exactly?

Also, fair warning, this could be my first RP... But this feels like a perfect setting for me to start.
If we do not exert the right of eating our neighbor, it is because we have other means of making good cheer.- Candide, Voltaire

The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes, like the first monkey shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.- Fight Club, Palahniuk

Zealously Jaded

That would be cool :) It's fairly large but its more the difference between the two sides then the actual size. :)

vonnetaire

Name: Petrus Abelard
Job: Police Lieutenant

Petrus is a strange mixture of personalities. He possesses a large frame, standing a bit over six feet tall, with broad shoulders and piercing blue eyes, great for intimidation and commanding respect. A curly brown drape adorns his head like a mane (think Spike Spiegel with less volume), and a big smirk plays across his scruffy face. A man's man, likable and arrogant. A demeanor of amused aloofness. He tends to wear his uniform sloppily, and never his hat. His police issued rapier and revolver flank either side of his body.

Petrus is very much a man's man. His peers love him, their wives hate him. His stature and humor often allow him to command a room and it's attention. As loud and as arrogant as he may act, there is an intelligence behind his eyes that is not often recognized by any but his closest friends. He is very much the narcissist, though it is a fact well known to himself, as he has a reflective and philosophical side that was groomed by his schooling.

Likes: Cigarettes, expensive alcohol, and a good sword fight.

Dislikes: Whining, anyone that rivals himself in prowess, intelligence, or attention grabbing, and harbors a strange aversion to women, not abusive or violent, more like a mixture of bad experiences and an inability to understand them.

History: Petrus' father is a scientist that made a lot of money bringing advancement to gun technology, as well as inventing several machines that are used in many of the factories to the North. His mother was a stuffy upper class daughter of a wealthy merchant, who died when he was in his early teens of disease. Petrus and his elder sister Julia grew up going to private schools. During his time in these schools, his family went through a rough patch. His mother died, and his father was rumored to be a sympathizer to the plebeian Northerners. The rumor led to endless harassment for the Abelard children, and many fights for Petrus, who blamed his father for the hard times he had growing up. To escape the mess his youth had become, he ran away from home, and joined a gang in the Northern part of the city. Four years later at the age of twenty, he was the leader of a gang called the Silver Hawks, a brutal group that was known for their sword-fighting and clever "business ventures". A trap set by the police led to his arrest and return to the Southern side of the city. Luckily, one of the arresting officers was his best childhood friend, whom he hadn't seen since his schooling, and his father was the Captain of the police force, and best friend to Petrus' father, James Abelard. Petrus was given an ultimatum, join the force, or face the consequences of his actions.

Skills: Petrus is a great swordsman, and an average shot with a revolver, which he prefers to keep holstered. He is best known for his work in bringing down gangs in the Northern side of the city, using force and street savvy, which is how he has earned his rank of lieutenant at such a young age.

Maybe someone else would like to play as the Captain or friend, so I left that as vague as possible. If not, I'll work them out, happily. =P
If we do not exert the right of eating our neighbor, it is because we have other means of making good cheer.- Candide, Voltaire

The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes, like the first monkey shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.- Fight Club, Palahniuk

Zealously Jaded

Zealously Jaded

Alright...So Isobell is running away...

What if Isobell and Horus bump into each other? Would that work?

Zealously Jaded