this is going to be an odd question . . . but

Started by krisalyx, August 08, 2009, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krisalyx

ok i'm curently co writing an extreme rp that involves choking and vomiting, and this might sound like a stupid question but what do the noises for chocking and vomiting sound like when written (i hope i haven't brokeon any protocal)
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

Andy

Vomiting: "Huuuraghh.." & "Huuurk" & "Bluurgh"  "Bluuaar"

Choking: "Gasp, grable grugle gasp"

;D
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

krisalyx

thanks i really needed that i was geting tired of writing  "making retching noises"  (bows)
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

Oniya

You can also use verbs like coughing, gagging, and heaving.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ShrowdedPoet

Erm. . .and when you are really being choked you can't get wind across your vocal cords to make a noise, it's sort of like silent gasping.  You work your mouth but nothing comes out.  *knows from experience*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Oniya

Well, there's varying degrees of airway obstruction, which is why the first thing you check before giving someone the Heimlich is whether they can speak or cough.  If they can, it's better to lean them over (so the airway has a downward slope towards the mouth) and whack them on the back to dislodge the object, rather than forcing air out of the lungs with the in-and-upward squeeze.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Silk

I don't mean to thread de-rail, but please don't ever use the heimlich maneuver, someone can recover from being choked, but if you tear their thoracic diaphragm they is no recovering from that.

Oniya

I find it odd that the Red Cross continues to recommend abdominal thrusts if they are so dangerous.

http://www.redcross.org/flash/brr/English-html/conscious-choking.asp