Non-Adult Settings: Pokemon, Yugioh, Mecha, Fallout, Skyrim, & Superheroes!

Started by King Serperior, April 24, 2017, 12:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Hello, and welcome to my request thread!  I do request that you not post here, thanks!

Note:  NA means Non-Adult in the sense that I am not looking for smut, but rather story.  Some of these settings can include violence, cursing, and other things, but I don't want smut!  Non-Adult can also mean writing in the Non-Adult board if you want to write and explore the characters' backstories and early lives in order to flesh them out.

The purpose of this thread is to bring to light a few cravings for certain anime worlds/universes that I have always had a craving for.  Some of these cravings have crashed and burned while others haven't even left the ground.  However, I feel that if you fall down, you simply have to try again.  So, before we get started, I ask that you please read my O/Os.  As this request thread is NOT looking for smut, then only the very first part needs reading.  After all, why would kinks need reading when they won't be applied?   :-)

Done?  Good!  Now, we can get on to the meat of the request:  Just what anime settings/worlds do I have these cravings for?

Anime Worlds/Settings/Universes:

• Pokemon - Are you willing to travel in the world of Pokemon?  Trainer or not, you will face challenges like never before!
  • Yugioh - It's not just a game!  Enter great tournaments, play your cards right, and don't ever give up!
  • Zoids - Giant robotic animals bristling with weaponry?  Count me in!
  • Gundam - Giant mobile armors and the threat of war around every corner?  Sure, I'll join!
  • Tiger & Bunny - Do you have what it takes to be a hero?  Are there any companies that will sponsor you?  Will you make it to the top ranks while beating the bad guys?  If you answered at least a 'maybe,' then you have what it takes!
  • The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Skyrim has so much fantastic lore and I love the setting itself.  There's so much to explore as characters and who knows what the story would bring?
  • My Hero Academia - Do you have a Quirk?  Do you aspire to be a hero?  Then sign up for UA, the best hero school on the planet!
  • Fallout - Can you survive in the nuclear wasteland that has become our world?  Every day will be a struggle to survive and who knows what is hiding around the next corner....

Craving Rating:

• Biggest Craving -  *****
  • Craving -  ****
  • Wouldn't Mind a Game -  ***
  • Can Write This -  **
  • Might Be Interesting, Maybe -  *

Please note that ALL characters will be 18+ unless you would like to write in the Non-Adult Roleplays Board and do multiple story arcs;  Story arcs are something I have recently been introduced to and I think would be interesting to do.  In any case, this is a NO SMUT request.

So, now that you know the settings I have been craving, let's split them up so that you have a rough idea as to what kinds of ideas I have and some of my personal preferences:

Pokemon  *****

Ah, Pokemon, you have always been one of my personal favorites.  Of all the settings, this one has crashed and burned the most, primarily because I made them into group games and they quickly became unstable.  So, I am willing to try this again in a 1x1 creation.  Here's the basics of my idea:

Welcome to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this region.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Interested yet?  Well, there are some ground rules that I prefer we follow to keep it balanced:

- This game will take place in the Tokai Region.  Tokai is a region I created and is NOT canon.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution and Z-Crystals/Moves will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- I request that anyone interested in this have at least their O/O Matrix filled out, though a thread would be much preferred.
- Finally, this game will be SLOW.  I am not a fast writer at all, so the average pacing will be roughly once a month unless I have a sudden bout of motivation or if my muse is currently inactive.

One final note before moving on to the Pokemon:  No newly arrived trainer knows much about Tokai except these facts:

Tokai is, by far, the largest region known.
    There was a major civil war about five years ago.
    The land is harsh, but beautiful.
    The Tokai Pokemon League is said to be the toughest League of all regions.
    The Tokai Region is so large that it is believed that almost all Pokemon species live there somewhere.
    It has recently opened its borders to accept new trainers now that it is fairly safe.
    As far as anyone is aware, there are NO powerful groups with malicious intent like seen in other regions (Teams Rocket, Plasma, Flare, etc);  This, however, is not true, but more will be revealed later;  As such, it is deemed somewhat safer than some regions.

That brings us to what I am seeing:  I would like to follow two trainers (and possible NPC companions) as they explore this new, dangerous region, battle bad guys, and simply survive!  There is a LOT to discuss, but details can be hashed out.  I simply wouldn't mind a dark, gritty Pokemon game.

As a final note, in case you are curious, I have made a list of my personal favorite Pokemon.  Any six of these will eventually join whatever character I make in their journey (Legendary Pokemon in these lists will be crossed out for obvious reasons!):

• Generation One:  Venusaur, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Golduck, Gyarados, Vaporeon, and Mew
  • Generation Two:  Meganium, Feraligatr, Ariados, Slowking, Steelix, and Houndoom
  • Generation Three:  Sceptile, Swampert, Slaking, Aggron, Flygon, Metagross, and Registeel
  • Generation Four:  Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, Vespiquen, Loppuny, Drapion, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Yanmega, and Mamoswine
  • Generation Five:  Serperior, Scolipede, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Escavalier, Jellicent (male), Ferrothorn, Klinklang, Eelektross, Haxorus, Golurk, Braviary, and Hydreigon
  • Generation Six:  Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, Pyroar, Malamar, Dragalge, Aurorus, Trevenant, Avalugg, Noivern, and Yveltal
  • Generation Seven:  Decidueye, Incineroar, Vikavolt, Lycanroc (Midday & Midnight), Wishiwashi, Toxapex, Mudsdale, Araquanid, Golisopod, Mimikyu, and Lunala

As you can see, my favorite Pokemon are not necessarily the best or most popular.  I like these because of their designs.   :-)

Yugioh  ***

Yes, Yugioh, one of my personal favorites.  The actual card game itself is far too expensive and the anime has had its ups and downs, but I always come back it the setting because there's so much to explore both inside and outside the dueling!  Like with Pokemon, my idea has crashed and burned as a group game a few times previously, so I figured it was time for a 1x1 attempt.  This is my most basic idea:

The World Racing Grand Prix was considered to be a huge success and it has grown even larger.  The team to beat is Team 5Ds and every nation on the planet are sending in between one and five teams of three duelists and their teammates.  Only one will make it to the top.  The question is, are you ready?  This game will follow a dark horse team of relative newbies to the pro scene who came from nowhere to represent Japan alongside Team 5Ds and three other teams.  However, there is a darkness surrounding this tournament and our characters' team finds themselves in the middle of it.  Will they succeed?  Fail?  Or will they persevere?  Winning takes second place when there is a great threat to the world itself....

Still here?  Good!  Here are some basic expectations:

- The game takes place in the setting of Yugioh 5Ds.
- Though the setting is in the world of Synchro, XYZs and Pendulums will be allowed, but they will be considered to be the 'new things on the block' and will be comparatively rare.
- I will be writing an OC, so I don't expect a you to write a canon.
- This is based off the anime, so cards will be made up, however, I ask that you don't go overboard.  Thanks!
- As this will be involving Duel Runners, some rules will apply.  For example, continuous spells will be allowed to be played, but have a maintenance cost of 'Speed' each turn.
- Certain cards will be disallowed, mainly ones known as 'God Cards.'

Finally, these are my favorite archtypes that my character may use:

• Alien
  • Ancient Gear
  • Blue-Eyes
  • Cloudian
  • Different Dimension Demons (D/D/D)
  • Earthbound Immortal
  • Gimmick Puppet
  • Gladiator Beast
  • HERO
  • Jurrac
  • Koa'ki Meiru
  • Monarch
  • Morphtronic
  • Naturia
  • Red-Eyes
  • Six Samurai
  • Superheavy Samurai
  • Toon
  • Venom

Similar to the Pokemon, I like these decks not because they are powerful, but the way they are designed.   :-)

Zoids   ***

Zoids, one of my first introductions into the mecha genre, it will always have a place in my heart.  Now, this game isn't quite as planned out as the rest, but I do have a super-basic structure:

Following the idea of 'New Century Zero,' there will be teams who engage in tournament placement matches before the grand finals.  Each team is ranked from A-to-D according to their scores.  Teams must have a minimal of two Zoids and have no upper limit.  Because of this, if a team of two has a match against a team of six, the larger team must choose two pilots to battle so it is an even fight.  This game will follow a team that has found itself in the D-Rankings after once having a top-notch A-Rank team years ago.  Our characters will join them and help the team claw itself back to where it once was.  Not every battle will be a victory, but every battle they survive will be a win in their books.

In case you are curious, I have three Zoids that my character might pilot:

• Elephander - A mobile fortress of offense and defense that can be altered to fit any situation.  However, it is a huge target and is rather slow.
  • Gun Sniper - The pinnacle of long-range attacks, it isn't a slouch when opponents appear.  It is surprisingly fast and stealthy, but it's bite comes from the sniper cannon it possesses.
  • Iron Kong - A dangerous Zoid due to it's brute physical strength, it can fight in any range and is a threat on any battlefield.

Gundam   ***

In many ways similar to Zoids, Gundam is my choice for Mecha anime.  There are literally dozens of directions that this game can go from all-out war (similar to Gundam 00) to competitions (like G Gundam, minus the over-the-top DBZ-like things).  This one is completely up for discussion!  In case you are curious, the Gundam my character would most likely pilot would be the following:

The Gundam my character would pilot (pre-made over a year ago)

Gundam Callsign:  Reaper Gundam
Gundam Combat:  The Reaper Gundam is designed for sneaking behind enemy defenses and attacking foes at their weakest using surprise hit-and-run attacks, though it is formidable in it's own right in direct combat.
Weapon Systems:
Piercer Lock:  Mounted on the left forearm, the Piercer Lock is a rocket-propelled grappling claw which can be fired to pierce or grab an enemy unit and then retrieved on a line.  It can then draw power from the Gundam's power source in order to short-circuit any delicate equipment.  The Piercer Lock can also detach itself from the arm as a separate, unmanned machine, providing vision for long-distance assaults as well as recon when on a stealth mission.  It can also remotely fire the Claw from a surprise angle if a situation gets rough.
Offensive Shield System (OSS):  Mounted on the right arm, the OSS serve as the main weapon and shield of the Reaper and includes several weapons. It allows the suit to switch between offense and defense quickly, as well as give it fast access to range and melee weapons. The negative aspect of this is that losing it will deprive the Reaper of most of its weapons. The shield is anti-beam coated for defense against beam weapons.
50mm High-energy Beam Rifle:  Part of the OSS, it is a high-energy beam rifle.  The barrel can be extended to provide both sniper and mid-range offenses.
Hypervelocity Kinetic Energy Penetrator (HKEP) (X3):  The Reaper has three lancer javelins that can be fired or be used for close combat. These rocket-propelled javelins can penetrate armor and, if desired, detonate after impact. It can also be used as a handheld spear in combat.  The Reaper can also use any of the blades left in the OSS to hack and slash at any foe that comes to close, which is it's most often utilized choice when firing a spear or using it as a combat lance is not an option.
Beam Saber (X2):  The Reaper carries two Beam Sabers, one of them mounted on the OSS.  The second one is located in a compartment on the right hip of the Reaper.  This second Beam Saber is the Reaper's only other defense should the OSS be rendered unusable.
Equipment:
Mirage Colloid stealth system:  The Reaper is the first mobile weapon to use the experimental Mirage Colloid stealth system.  In this system, a powerful magnetic field is utilized to hold in place microscopic prisms capable of blocking infra-red emission as well as bend visible light and radio waves around an object (e.g.a mobile suit). However due to the system's high energy consumption, it could only be activated for up to 90 minutes (1.5 hours) and requires a three hour recharging period.

Tiger & Bunny   *****

Tiger & Bunny!  An anime that was far too short, but one that I loved.  I'm told that people either like the anime or they don't, but I love the idea of heroes being sponsored by companies and being ranked in a competition of who the number one hero is!  The setting takes place in the fictional, re-imagined version of New York called Sternbild City where "justice" and "heroics" are commercialized commodities that the anime takes place in.  As in the anime, 45 years ago, certain individuals began to manifest superpowers called NEXT and several of them chose to become costumed superheroes. Each is sponsored by major real-life companies which are prominently featured as advertisements on the heroes' uniforms. Their heroic activity is broadcast on the popular television show Hero TV, where they accumulate points for each feat of heroism accomplished and the best ranked hero of the season is crowned "King of Heroes".

So, what are the NEXT?  As described, NEXT is an acronym used for people with superpowers, the letters standing for Noted Entities with eXtraordinary Talents.  The abilities they have differ from person to person and don't seem to fall into any designated categories. It is possible, however, to have the same power as another NEXT. NEXTs can't be identified unless their powers awaken.  Most NEXT can be identified by the blue glow that surrounds their body when their powers are active - as well as their eyes taking on the same blue hue.  This is not always the case, but it is the most common case.

There are a wide variety of NEXT powers, though not all serve a practical purpose (such as super stretchy-skin).  Some come with a certain condition or time limit (such as Wild Tiger's 'Hundred Power,' which is a five-minute limit).

When NEXT powers manifest is unknown, but most happen during puberty, though some happen earlier or later.  Fifteen years ago, the HERO Academy was founded to help those NEXT learn in a safe environment of how, when, and why one should use their powers as well as provide an education they couldn't have in a normal school.  In terms of multiple powers, it is basically more rare than anyone knows with only one documented case since the NEXT were first revealed.  It has also been noted that NEXT who have children have roughly a 50/50 chance of their powers slowly declining over the next few years and eventually disappearing all-together at the time they first learned of their powers (I.E. if a NEXT who had a child discovered their powers at the age of 18, then the NEXT will have a 50/50 chance of their powers declining over the next 18 years and losing them at the end of that time period).  However, it should be noted that NEXT who have children and show that their powers are declining are more likely to have a child who will have NEXT powers.

So, now that the setting is out of the way, this is the extremely basic, rough idea:

It has been 50 years since the NEXT first appeared at the time of this story.  Our characters are NEXT who have never been crowned the 'King of Heroes,' having always been in the lower ranks.  The companies that they have been a part of are losing money fast and are about to collapse, leaving them with no sponsor.  That is when a much, much larger company buys them out and declares that the two heroes will be part of a team since they were effectively bought out.  Teaming Heroes has only been done once before to great success and this major company wants to try it with our characters.

There will be a LOT to work out, but I want this to be fun!

Notes:
- OC characters only.
- Watching the anime is recommended, but not necessary.
- As it has been 50 years since the first appearance of the NEXT, if we want to mention Blue Rose or Dragon Kid, they will be of age (23 and 20 respectively) since they were not of age in the anime.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim   ***

Skyrim, oh how I have missed you.  I love everything about the land of Skyrim, from the lore to the races to the magic to the creatures!  There is just so much that I could go on about.  However, I do have an idea that I want to try:

It's been one week since Helgen and rumors are abound.  Some state that a dragon attacked!  Hah, what crock is that?  Dragons are extinct and have been for centuries.  No, if Helgen was destroyed, it was either a very ballsy bandit attack or the Imperials/Stormcloaks were behind it.  Whatever the case, life goes on in the land as it usually does.  The land is on the brink of all-out war and the land is trying to kill everyone within.  That's where the adventure begins when two unlikely individuals meet and are towed along by the threads of destiny......

So, the basics are this:
- Neither player character can be the Dragonborn;  It would seriously imbalance the game in my opinion.
- The Dragonborn does exist, but the only things the player characters will hear are rumors;  No one knows who the Dragonborn is, if they are male or female, or even what race.
- The characters can be any race, gender, and type (spellcaster, fighter, ect);  They can be members of the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves' Guild, an ex-guard, or even a member of the Companions, a vampire, a rogue werewolf, or even a member of the Dawnguard!  They can even be ex-members if needed!  Lots and lots of options!
- The goal of the game is for them to survive as the events around them go crazy.  Are they resting in a tavern when a dragon swoops down on the city?  Are they ambushed by necromancers on the road?  Do they fight the dead in a tomb?
- I plan on playing
a Khajiit thief (and member of the Thieves' Guild)
whose sister works as a traveling merchant.  He has no magic talent whatsoever, but takes good care of the enchanted bow he stole and uses.

My Hero Academia   *****

Please Read!
This story setting will be written in the Non-Adult Roleplays Board.

This is a series of which I am currently caught up with in the manga and have just started watching the anime for.

In the series, most people gain powers called 'Quirks,' often at the age of four.  They range in power and no one person has exactly the same one.  This game would begin with our characters getting ready to enroll in UA.

From there, there will be plenty of opportunities for rivalries, friendships, and all sorts of crazy things to happen on the path to becoming a hero!  Of course, this goes without saying that there will be only OCs.  Likely, we'll take an alternate path from the anime/manga.  However, we could also insert the characters into the class, but even then would throw the story away from the actual path.

Fallout   ***

Ah, Fallout.  In a post-apocalyptic world with radiation levels still quite high and people are doing their best just to survive, what do you do when the entire world wants to kill you?  Mutant animals, giant bugs, raiders, feral ghouls, super mutants, killer robots, and the king of the wasteland:  Deathclaws.  Just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, right?

Well, this story setting can take place in any number of places and who knows what kinds of factions are trying to control the area?  That doesn't even consider our characters!  Could they be someone who disagrees with the Brotherhood of Steel?  A Ghoul looking for some way to return the world, or at least a small part of it, into a safe place?  An escaped slave on the run from raiders?  Someone being hunted because they don't realize that they are actually a Synth?  A vault dweller who was run out of their vault or is trying to escape a tyranny by the overseer?  So many ideas!  I could go on for quite a while!

The world of Fallout is vast and there's no telling how the world's power has been aligned after so many years after the nuclear apocalypse that has reduced it to this state.

As a final reminder:

NA means Non-Adult in the sense that I am not looking for smut, but rather story.  Some of these settings can, and likely will, include violence, cursing, and other things along those lines, but I don't want smut!  Non-Adult can also mean writing in the Non-Adult board if you want to write and explore the characters' backstories and early lives in order to flesh them out.

Please note that ALL characters will be 18+ unless you would like to write in the Non-Adult Roleplays Board and do multiple story arcs;  Story arcs are something I have recently been introduced to and I think would be interesting to do.  In any case, this is a NO SMUT request.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Well, considering that this was posted in April and it's now May, I would say it's been a bit over a month, no?   :-)

That said, I am selectively available for slow games.  The summer months are extremely busy for me, so my post rates are a crawl.  However, if you are fine with that, then let's hear your ideas! 

Remember, these games will be Non-Smut.  Thanks for reading, everyone!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Well, it's that time again!  One month has passed and, during that time, I have added a new story idea that takes place in Skyrim!   ;D

Anyway, as per usual, I am a really slow writer, but please, feel free to PM me if you have questions or are interested.  I don't bite, I promise.

Remember, these are Non-Smut games.  Thank you all for reading this!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Wow, it's been a long time since I last bumped this idea up!  I'm even getting the 120 days alert, hah!

Anyway, I have updated my ideas, cleared some typos (doesn't mean I got them all though. >.<), clarified some previous ideas, and also added a brand new story setting!   ;D

This new story setting is My Hero Academia, a series I have grown to love.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

It's been a month, so here's a small bumping towards the top.

I've added a new 'Craving Rating' to the current ideas so people know what I am looking for most or least.

As always:  Remember, these are Non-Smut games.  Thank you all for reading this!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

A few updates as well as a new idea!   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace