News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Getting together to play WoW (aimed mostly at EU members)

Started by Haibane, March 05, 2009, 12:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Since I opened this thread I have dropped the idea of playing WoW. When I went to register I wasn't happy giving all that personal information when I have no intention of becoming a full (paid account) member. They need to know all that when I use my credit card but not until then, so I did not d/l the game.

Does anyone know an MMO that has a free trial period that does not require you to give personal details?

Skylit

Hmm... A cheap one that I could think of (Though it's mostly overrun with kids last I played it) is Runescape. It has both a free world and a pay-to-play world. It's not that bad but I have lost interest in it a while back..

Warhammer online is another but I'm not sure how much personal info it looks for when you sign up for it. Also, I heard that it's popularity has been dying down..?

And I assure you WoW is trustworthy.. ^^; I haven't heard anything of Identity theft with them and the only complaints I ever read is about how much their Customer Support sucks.. >_> Which I must also agree with.
_-~-No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings..-~-_

Teno

Well, Guild Wars is free to play, but I got bored of it.

Anyway, the data protection act protects you from them giving your details away without your consent, not to mention it most likely just goes into a massive database and forgotten about until they come to bill you. It's the way of the world I'm afraid.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Haibane on March 09, 2009, 04:50:31 AM
Does anyone know an MMO that has a free trial period that does not require you to give personal details?

WAR has a trial at the moment, but as I'm a paid account I haven't looked into the trial details I'm afraid. Might be worth a look for you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Taymynx

well, I already have a very small erp guild on an alliance server in the US format. Had it before I participated in this discussion. I mentioned the 18 because the games started shutting down erp guilds if they didn't take  care about that...And I am sooo not into doing erp with minors. As the matter of fact, I set up on the new server and guild because I had family, to include minors, on the other server and did not even want them to accidental trip across an erp situation.

If anyone wants a home and is discrete, mine is welcoming members PM me  It is new, small and growing. We have death knights starting at 55 for those with higher level characters on other servers. And baby alts for other classes of interest.

Warning, my guild leader death knight has a night elf Death Knight pet protector who loves to see her date others.  She can get pretty aggressive.

But I am currently intrigued with some things to be found in Elliquiy and am hoping that there is a growing group of people that are comfortable roaming there and seeing me when I go..or setting up a scene time with me there.
Like the saying goes, that which doesn't kill me has made a serious tactical misjudgement.
Taymynx 's Storyboard Ons and Offs, The Happy Wife Storytelling , intro