How do you keep yourself busy?

Started by rosebud, September 30, 2010, 01:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosebud

I mean besides work and school. I know that alone can keep people busy, but what do you do on days or moments where you just have nothing to do to keep yourself busy?
O/O's - This one includes a mini character profile, samples, ideas, etc.

Detailed O/O's - This one includes more of what I don't want in sex.

A/A's - Look at this thread if you haven't heard from me for a few days or so.

Caeli

I spend a lot of time with my friends - either through my student organization, or one on one at a coffee shop, boba place, tea house, etc. That takes up the majority of the time that's not filled with school.

During the rest of the time... Elliquiy, writing (not so much these days), volunteering and doing community service, playing amateur graphic designer, watching foreign films and drama series.

When I'm not doing any of that... reading and playing video games. :-)

I never get bored.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

I am a multi-tasker, and I have to fidget with something.  I used to joke that if I'm not creating something, I'm destroying something.  On the creative side:  Elliquiy, my stitchies, making little pouches for stones (no pics yet), reading, playing video games...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

What is this 'nothing' you speak of? :P

I have a toddler, and that ensures I have my hands full throughout his waking hours. His sleeping hours - before I get to my sleeping hours - can hardly fit what I need to do, let alone what I want.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Wolfy

Qt

I compile a list of things that I have to do, but don't want to do, and force myself to attempt them when I can be classified as bored. Of course that only applies to when I don't have access to a computer. Because computer = I'm always busy.

akalasEDGE

I tend to read books, or surf the Internet. Of course, "free time" is that rare period that occurs between when you leave work and when you arrive at work, usually.

I should probably get out in public more, though.

Rider of Wind

I clean. I reorganize my house (still settling in yet), I find all the little odds and ends I've let slips over the week in this elusive thing called 'free time'. No time is -ever- free in my experience. It ALWAYS comes at the expense of something else I could be doing.

Like taking that walk around the block just to see how long it takes and to see what is down the road the next street over.

Or doing something in the yard.

Or fiddling online, of course.

I find I get the most done when I am waiting. For someone, for a specific time to come, etc. Means I finally have 'spare time' to do it.

I've termed boredom that time when someone chooses to not use the desire for "ANYTHING EXCITING, ANYTHING AT ALL'  to do something I term 'creative' instead, which is merely an action someone doesn't want to do or that it doesn't occur to them to do and is fully within their reach if they CHOOSE to do it or to think of something new to their habits.

I've actually found that most of my friends with ADD have this weird case of it striking them constantly. And oh, how they hate it.
Not currently taking new roleplays.
Rider's A/A's Update 10-20-14~ O/O's
Posting rate: On Hiatus until June 2nd.

MasterMischief

Wolfy

Synecdoche17

Furious masturbat

I read a lot of books. I'm also a compulsive hostess - if I have nothing to do in a day, I will start cooking while texting just about everyone I know until I've found sufficient people to devour everything I've made. Fortunately, my friends apparently enjoy charred fish and gummy pasta, so I never lack for guests. :P I'm also slowly improving as a cook.

Slowly.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Wolfy

Well Crap..Syne took mine. D:...Except the cooking part. And the books. <_<>_> *flees*

MasterMischief

Quote from: Wolfy on October 03, 2010, 01:38:19 PM
D: It's the Headless Llama!

Who wants head?

Oh wait!  That came out wrong.   O8)

Wolfy

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 03, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Who wants head?

Oh wait!  That came out wrong.   O8)

Considering that you either

A.: Have a candle in there,
or
B.: Have the flames of hell in there

Nooo thanks. o3o I don't want my wienie roasted.

Jag

Quote from: Lilias on September 30, 2010, 02:16:07 AM
What is this 'nothing' you speak of? :P

I have a toddler, and that ensures I have my hands full throughout his waking hours. His sleeping hours - before I get to my sleeping hours - can hardly fit what I need to do, let alone what I want.

This.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

wokeupmad

When at home I do the video game thing, the movie thing, and/or the book thing.
Today, however, I am at work. I finished my book and forgot the power cord to my laptop so I already killed the battery. I can surf the net on the work computer but they have everything fun blocked (I'm typing this through my phone). I am kind of at a loss on how to alleviate my boredom. Usually I send out a tweet saying I'm bored and the people I know start blowing up the aol instant messenger on the phone. I think I'll try that now.
-So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know.
-Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
-Not right now.
-A girl's gotta have her standards.

Nico

Spending time with my friends and my boyfriend. Watching TV, going out, spending time on E. The list goes on ~laughs~ No chance I'd get bored easily. ;D

rosebud

My friends are too busy to spend time with me most of the time & I don't have many hobbies outside of roleplaying to really keep me busy enough so I get bored a lot.
O/O's - This one includes a mini character profile, samples, ideas, etc.

Detailed O/O's - This one includes more of what I don't want in sex.

A/A's - Look at this thread if you haven't heard from me for a few days or so.

little princess

well I hardly have a day off but when I do.long showers/baths,listen to music,and talk to my old friends then sleep  -_-

Saerrael

For me there are not enough hours in the day, honestly. If don't write, I draw. If I'm not cleaning the house, I'm tending to the garden.
I don't have kids (and don't think I'd have time for them...), but I do have three cats that enjoy molesting eachother on a daily base.
I also play WoW and hang out here to RP or socialize and on Y! to... erhm.. well.. look at fine art? Yes, look at fine art *nod nods*

Host of Seraphim

I don't need to keep myself busy. Life keeps me busy.  -_-
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

MoonlightMiku

When I'm not glued to the computer screen, I do whatever I can to keep my hands busy. Drawing, playing video games, fooling around with makeup, journaling -- next, I want to conquer the acoustic guitar that's been gathering dust in my closet.

I don't have very exciting hobbies, but I get by. :)

Bubbles

Usually..I read books,or write poems down in my pink notebook ^^'
Or go for a walk in the park,very refreshing..Also,another thing might me knitting.[which to be frank,I love it <3]
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Ironside

Chevalier des Poissons

Either writing a poem wither sitting on the balcony and feeling the wind on my face while I look to the sky and relax. Sometimes I do both things at same time.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A