Seeking Heroic Exalted-ness!

Started by Soulsemmer, March 11, 2006, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulsemmer

Exalted is my favorite game with a system. I love it, and have loved it since it was released.

Unfortunately, most of my experience with the game has been from the perspective of Storyteller and not player. I'd love to play one of the many characters that have bounced around in my head.

Now I realize this is Elliquiy. We all love eroticism in our games, I think I can safely assume.

But I'm looking for a HEROIC game of Exalted. One where the only things with tentacles are Lunars and octopi. Where Exalts are the slayers of the Primordial gods, and regardless of what type, they just don't get held down by groups of thugs and ravished. A game where the goal isn't to have a single character collect every other PC and NPC as his harem. Just no.

That might be some people's thing. And as I said, I don't mind sex in the game. I encourage it.

I'd just REALLY love to play in an Exalted game where the PCs really are the heroes. Call it a complex.

So if anyone's interested, speak up! I'd love to plan something out and get it going!
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Jefepato

I'd be interested, but I'm not much of a GM.

Soulsemmer

Well I'd be happy to have you, Jefepato.

So we have interest. That's a good thing!
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Jeramiahh

I love the idea, and I'd definitiely be interested.... I also love DMing, but know absolutely nothing about the Exalted rules. I've only heard about it, never read anything. But if you need another player, and can teach me, I'd be up for it.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Ajoxer

I always enjoy teaching, and I would enjoy a game where the PCs are the ravishers, not the ravishees...

Oh god, I think a little piece of my soul died from the use of that damn ee sound. I HATE THE EE!

But, yeah, I'd quite enjoy such a game...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

PhoenixBlaze

I don't know much about it either but would be willing to learn and play.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Soulsemmer

Alright, I've gotten an offer from someone willing to GM. Now what I'd like is an updated show of hands on who'd like to play, as well as a general consensus on what theme we'd like to explore.

Since we're going heroic, I'd think loyal Abyssals are right out.

Jefepato

You already know I'm in.

I'm tempted to go with "righteous kicking of ass for Unconquered Sun" as the theme, but we might want to make it a little broader so that people have a reason to play something other than a Dawn (or a member of any other caste that's really just a poorly-disguised Dawn with a better anima power).

Soulsemmer

Jefepato

Yes, exactly that.

I was actually thinking of playing a Twilight, but in the "I love sorcery" (though not Threefold Binding) sense, not in the "I'm going to start with Melee 5 and Steel Devil Style, but I want the Twilight anima power" sense.

Ajoxer

Hmmmm... I'd be particularly interested in Alchemical exalted, but I'm happy to do a Solar, or anything... Anyway, yea, still interested.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Soulsemmer

Let's stay heroic and with something that can work together.

Besides, I don't have Alchemicals!  :o

Jefepato

Alchemicals are awesome and you should get the book.

That being said, it can be tough getting a Solar/Alchemical posse to work together, since Alkies are unlikely to enter Creation on totally friendly terms.  Maybe we should keep it to Solars, Dragon-Blooded, and (if anyone really wants to be the chump of the group) God-Blooded.  Lunars or renegade Abyssals could work, but they worry me.

Soulsemmer

I'd be happy with Lunars and even a friendly Sidereal.

Jefepato

Somehow I totally forgot Sidereals when I typed that last post.

A Lunar could work, assuming we can get past the deranged civilization-is-bad attitude (which individual Lunars, of course, may not always agree with) and shoddy mechanics.

Sidereals, though, frighten me.  I realize they can be played that way, but they don't generally strike me as the heroic sort.

Ajoxer

Mmmmm, if only Ronin weren't so SHITTY. Ah well. :-P. Anyway, yeah, I'm good with just about any type, although God-Blooded is a little low-powered for my taste. Alchemicals ARE a favorite- Might be a rogue, might be a spy of some sort- Just because things are heroic doesn't mean there can't be some treachery within the party.  ;D

Jefepato

Quote from: Ajoxer on March 20, 2006, 03:51:02 AM
Just because things are heroic doesn't mean there can't be some treachery within the party.

I can't say as I agree with you on that point.

Obviously it's boring if everyone agrees on everything at every time, but PC treachery leads nowhere good.

Soulsemmer

I'd honestly rather not, with the 'borgs. :o

Anyway, we need another person or two.

GoldenChild

Knowing very little of Exalted myself (but know White Wolf games in and out) I'm interested... but I need some help I think (lack rule books).

Jefepato

Well, I'm getting the second-edition book pretty soon, but is it fair to assume that most of us don't have it yet (and thus, we'll be using the first edition)?

Soulsemmer

Dreamshard

*raises hand*

Ooh, didn't really notice this thread. If there's still an opening, can I join? I'm dying for an Exalted game where I don't run things for a change.
The wind hears all your secrets and whispers them unbidden

ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4435.0

Dreamshard requested indefinite account restriction in August of 2006. She's still out, about and well as of 2009

Soulsemmer

I'd love to have you, Dreamshard.

Welcome aboard!

GoldenChild

What are our restrictions as players, can we play Lunars for example?

And... *raises hand* I do want to join too  ;D

ZK

I believe he doesn't want Alchemicals or Abyssals.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."