Delvers Company: (Currently Closed)

Started by Nastara, December 13, 2016, 02:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastara

Okay, so, Ershin is going to be the player for the currently running group!  I'm still in the process of putting together the team for the new party!

I'm sorry this takes me a while. 

To ALL who apped, I'd love to introduce a new thread with some fun, sexy maybe PvP combat/contests (with GM intrusion style naughtiness)  which will be easier for me to manage than a full third party, but could help to transition to that later!  Obviously, no pressure to go for that if it isn't interesting to you.

But thank you all so much.  You are all so amazing, I love all of these characters, and I just want to fill game after game after game.  There were enough people that entered for me to fill 3 new groups.
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Vergil Tanner

Congratulations Ershin! :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the second party, though with Sara I doubt I'd be interested in an arena...limited time y'see. Who knows, though? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

AribethAmkiir

Congrats, Ershin.  That group definitely needs a healer.  :)

Hexed

Ershin

Thank you very much for the opportunity, looking forward to seeing what Dungeon World is like and playing with the group ~

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Kathyan

Awww  :'(
Guess there were/are to many of us

Anyway cheers for Ershin. I still hope to get into the second group as I don't think I could get a full feel of DW with only PvP arena but well at least that'll be fun too :P

Omg pdragon, that video really made me laugh xD

Nastara

Hopefully all answers will be had tomorrow!  I'll also see what I think I can manage in terms of finding more ways to include more people!

Nastara

Hello!

I've sent out my initial invitation for the new group, which unfortunately means that the current Adventure Parties are filled.  I wish SO much that I could have included everybody, but with 5 being my hard-cap for party size it was impossible to do.  Literally every one of you had an excellent application and I wish so much that I could just run the 3 to 4 groups required to fit everyone!

In the coming days, I'll try to figure out if there are other ways we could play some lower-cognitive-load Dungeon World with other players because I do love every one of these apps!

As with all group games, there is also always a chance of player drop-out, if that happens I will go back to this thread to try to find a fill.

So just once again, thank you all so much.  You are all amazing and happy writing!

AndyZ

Would the arena thing be a city sandbox, and if so, anything we could do to help get it going?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Vergil Tanner

Aww, that's rather disappointing. Oh well...I'll just have to try again next time. :-) Congratulations to everybody who got through, and good luck!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kathyan

Pretty disappointed myself too. I did have my hopes high to play DW and to learn more about it so I could also GM it with my friends as well. Oh well considering there were around sixteen or seventeen people applying for this guess I was very probable to be left out.  :-(

Still save me a spot in the waiting line, I wont lose my hopes yet :-)

Nastara

I'm sorry!  I truly do wish I could get it fully set up with all of you! 

Quote from: AndyZ on December 21, 2016, 02:23:14 PM
Would the arena thing be a city sandbox, and if so, anything we could do to help get it going?
I'm really not sure yet.  I'm trying to work out what the level of work I am able to do for a third group of some kind (especially one that would be HUGE) would be.

pdragon

Quote from: Nastara on December 21, 2016, 05:49:31 PM
I'm sorry!  I truly do wish I could get it fully set up with all of you! 
I'm really not sure yet.  I'm trying to work out what the level of work I am able to do for a third group of some kind (especially one that would be HUGE) would be.
Perhaps have the "third group" be more of an open world free form thing? Just allowing the various characters to interact and go on adventures without actually following the rules of DW? That way everyone can use their characters and do whatever side plots, misadventures, etc. they want, without the need for a DM to have to constantly watch over and monitor everything. And then if people leave the main groups or if you just want to shake up the groups later down the line you have a pool of active people to choose from who have been developing their character relationships and history instead of just sitting around collecting dust.

Plus you have the potential for things in the freeform game to inspire new story/quest ideas, or if something major happens during one of the Delvers' adventures you can explore the larger consequences of it in the freeform thread. Plus it could be a nice little side thing for the main game characters if there's ever some down time or you're busy with something and they just want to mess around in the setting for a bit with their characters without the formality of the game itself.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

vin26m

Thanks for the consideration and good luck with the groups.

AndyZ

So, if I try to set up a DW sandbox setting, who all would be interested in helping and/or playing?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Kathyan

So kinda DW for leftovers? ;D
Well I really wanted to play with Nastara but count me in, I'm very willing to play and also help if possible.

Vergil Tanner

It would really depend on the plot, and how much you're willing to bend with character classes; Nastara and I worked out a custom class for Sara the last time I applied for a game with her, and I'd rather not have to rework it from the ground up. If the plot interests me, though, and I can carry over my custom class, then I might be interested.

AndyZ

Wouldn't just be leftovers.  I was thinking something larger that's more a sandbox, where adventurers can just hang out and such.  I'm too focused on something else to properly run everything right now, though, so I'd need folks who also wanted to play out missions for others and all.

Vergil Tanner

I'm not experienced enough with DW to play adventures for other players, unfortunately.