Wonders of Eberron (homebrewed 3.5 DnD/multi GM sandbox game)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 09, 2016, 11:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Everyone is playing women. I cant spawn Melissidaea with that! I guess I'll just have to implant you with my larvae and let them suck out your cerebral fluid.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Thorne

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 14, 2016, 04:03:20 PM
Everyone is platting women. I cant spawn Melissidaea with that! I guess I'll just have to implant you with my larvae and let them suck out your cerebral fluid.

*chuckle* There are always NPCs?
I would be of no help, F/F and Necro/undead are both on my 'no, thank you' list, but I do feel your pain. Or ... well, sort of. ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Rummy Tum Tum

To be fair, Grisha can become a man, and likely would for sexing purposes sometimes. Though I ain't sure if that would mean she'd be capable of reproduction like Mystique from X-Men.

Btw, playing a ninja in DnD seems like it could make for fun situations:
Grisha: Be seein' ya *vanishes stylishly*
NPC: Why'd she disappear like that? What a waste of ki.
Grisha's disembodied voice: Don't you fuckin' tell me how to use my ki!

Chulanowa

Everyone is platting women. I cant spawn Melissidaea with that! I guess I'll just have to implant you with my larvae and let them suck out your cerebral fluid.

No offense, but I'm taking that as very strong incentive to play a female character  ;D

(was prolly going to anyway 'cause it's so damn hard to find male images I actually like. Ah well)

Clear Skies

This made me go back a few pages and I realized I never saw the character description you and picture you added.  She is very cool/creepy.  ;D  How did you come up with the idea?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Clear Skies on December 14, 2016, 09:23:40 PM
This made me go back a few pages and I realized I never saw the character description you and picture you added.  She is very cool/creepy.  ;D  How did you come up with the idea?

Thank you so much! I don't know exactly where the original idea came from but my first incarnation of that character was a half fey insanley jealous that his rivals in the unseelie court would stay beautiful while he aged. He had been persuading immortality through inflicting shadow version of vampire on bees. The bees creation of "Blood honey" would reverse aging and keep the consumer young and beautiful. Unfortunately the hive-mind realized it had no queen so his creations killed him, ate his insides and reanimated him as their hive queen.

I got to have fun with RP'rs always getting their characters pregnant."I'm gestating 1,200 more children than she is and no one is throwing *me* a baby shower." He was also the first of my characters to start the tradition of being a male thats officially a Queen and not a King .

I guess my original idea was combining a master of mind control, with elements of vampires, The Borg Queen from star treck (You will be assimilated) and Mind Flayers (Elder brain function and how mind flayers reproduce especially) and the japanese mythical monster called the "Spider Whore". Other themes developed over time through rping him or seeing something i thought was cool to work in.  He was meant to evoke horror through mixing erotic sexual themes with exceptionally grotesque ones.  Male homosexuality tends to make people uncomfortable in general and the first incarnation didnt just need fertile sperm (yes he had to mate with males), he ate the body of his mate after mating.  If he didn't do that most of his "chindren"wanted a body of their own and could burrow through someones nervous system into their brain and take them over from inside. Another drone to the queen's hive. The fear of infestation. The idea of having this alien thing in your brain controlling you for the rest of your life while you watch helplessly. 

Becoming a world power through supernatural drug dealing. His "Blood Honey". Ever notice something about most world leaders? They are all *old*. The Melissidaeac Queen has a highly addictive substance that restores youth and prevents aging. . . as long as you keep using it.  Suddenly having such a monster taking over the borderlands and massively consuming young men isn't such a bad thing. Blood Honey addicts get to convince themselves they do nothing wrong, THEY arent undead psychic parasites. They just drink this delicious red liquid and turn a blind eye to how it's made. If the old kings are heterosexual men their restored virility comes with less competition. Young strong handsome men are a currency to barter with. So what if a few farm boys go missing?

As the Queen gains power his territory starts to have things such as "thought crime". They can see in your head and if you aren't thinking nice things about the queen you may be turned into one of *them*. Even worse than the shadow bee larvae in your skull. This one involved the Queen's fanatically devoted lover using one of the most sinister psionic powers ever "Mind Seed".  You can't even trust your family or loved ones.  They could be dead and The Prince Consort is wearing their body. There are a lot of *them* around. They all look different, many look like people you once knew but they all think the exact same. They are all the same person.

ANyway I took my basis for The Queen, made her female for Zaer's sanity. And changed the initial background to involve Xoriat and also a theory that Daelkyrs are all artists who want to come to Eberron to spread their creativity over a new canvas. I thought of the serial killer Jeffery Dalmer and Ed Gein, used a bit of them for Girl's insane artistry that brought her the affection of a Daelkyr.  As the background says who she was is less important than who she is, and who she is is detailed above. 
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

NinjaWeazel

Everyone is platting women.

I however am totally OK with it.  XD  One of these days I'll actually get Tyler all finished.

Karasu

Everyone is playing women. I cant spawn Melissidaea with that! I guess I'll just have to implant you with my larvae and let them suck out your cerebral fluid.

I can always play a male ^^

I was thinking of it anyway XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Clear Skies

So where are people thinking of locating their characters at the start?  There is plenty of room in Sharn if anyone wants to cross paths early on.

Chulanowa

I was looking at sharn! Actually been thinking, what goes well with rogue. Could go for a brawn-type, have a Fafhrd and the grey Mouser thing going?  ;D

Rummy Tum Tum

Thorne

Unless she's passing through, or hunting quarry that decided to go to ground in a city, I'm running a character that usually prefers to avoid cities... other than getting jobs, blitzed and resupplied (not usually in that order). Hm.

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Karasu

I am thinking something of a rogue.. I'll have to see what sorts of things I can come up with.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, here is link to OOC (and it having link to charsheet area); https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=260206.0

After christmas comes IC threads.

hellrazoromega

hellrazoromega

Zaer Darkwail

OOC has link to charsheet, once I inspect sheet I will give stamp of approval for it. But I do inspections and first IC threads after christmas.