News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Secretary of State (M for F)

Started by DukeJohn, June 15, 2016, 06:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeJohn

A little bit of historical background into what inspired this; Henry Kissinger (the controversial National Security Adviser and later Secretary of State under Nixon) was apparently quite a ladies' man, dating a bevy of beautiful actresses with very different political views to his while he worked for Nixon, and particularly while he was in Paris negotiating the end of the Vietnam War. A few quotes that give an idea of what I'm looking for here.

QuoteKissinger, methodical in all things, had "inquired" as to who might be the proper actress to accompany him to an important Hollywood banquet. Ullmann was recommended, and after several calls from the White House to make preliminary arrangements, Kissinger himself finally called.

For a short time, she was entranced by Henry Kissinger. But she also worried. She was shy, she was made to feel stupid by Kissinger. She says that she only saw Kissinger socially because he did all the talking and made her feel less self-conscious. "I absolutely disapprove of what he did politically, and I told him so, but he tells good stories. He just thought it was fun to be with me because I don't understand anything, because I'm stupid in politics and I'm on the wrong side."

She later described him as "the most interesting man I have ever met"

QuoteOver long dinners at public places he would listen with sympathy while women talked about themselves, their lives, their hopes, and even sometimes their slightly wacky New Age philosophies

QuoteParticularly perplexing to her was Kissinger's manner of flirting with her publicly, talking to her sweetly by phone, but keeping her at bay when she tried to get close. "Giving up on understanding him" she wrote "I began to love him."

She became rather emotional and asked for the key to his apartment. If she had it, she said, she would fix it up with flowers and make it romantic. "What good would it do?" he responded, "since I only go there to sleep"

Quote"If you bring about a withdrawal from Vietnam" she said "you can call me and do whatever you want with me"

I'm looking for an alternate history thing here (not actually playing as Kissinger) where I play as a ferociously intelligent anti-communist Secretary of State for a Republican president during the Cold War who becomes involved with a liberal actress. I like the idea of doing it while he's negotiating some kind of treaty in Paris and having the actress be one of those 60's arthouse starlets (someone like Anna Karina or Catherine Deneuve).

I'm looking for the kind of dynamic you see in the above quotes. She's surprised and overwhelmed by his intelligence, they bicker about politics a little, he's surprisingly open minded when she goes on about her hippie/New Age worldview. Maybe she has sex with him after strongly approving of a diplomatic decision of his, or just offers, escalating the tension in the relationship. Later she'll want to "understand" him and do things like fix up his disorganized apartment and leave food for him. We could have them meet either with an arranged meeting at a diplomatic function, or just have them meet by chance (that would work especially well for the France one, but we could do either) PM if interested

DukeJohn

I thought I would give this another try. I made a slight edit.