Castle RP Interest Check and OOC Thread

Started by Etherwood, July 29, 2010, 07:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etherwood

So! I tried this on another forum and it nosedived early on due to relatively few players.

The basic gist of it is the southernmost city of a country called Tanperi. The city itself is called Ende, and is based on an island. The general population live on the mainland and bridges connect it to the castle and upper class district.

And where's the mature part to it? That really depends on us. There's a great deal of possibility for darker themes in this, both sexually and in torture and murder. Politics is an ugly game, after all! :3

The idea is that we'd be playing out a scenario where the Empress has gone missing. All characters are playable and entirely your decision - bear in mind that if you decide to play a townsman, you need to find some way to connect yourself to the aristocracy (by friendship, distant relation or some other personal interaction). The following slots are available:

• The Emperor (Speaks for itself) [Taken: Vostroya]
  • The Crown Prince (Emperor's firstborn son)
  • The Crown Princess (by marriage, not birth)    [Taken:  LimitlessNikkie]
  • Related Royalty (I'll limit this to two, since we don't want everyone being Royal brats :P The Emperor's aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, etc.)
  • The Nobility (In order of rank: Duke/Duchess, Margrave/Margravine, Earl/Count/Landgrave, Viscount/Viscountess, Baron/Baroness, Baronet/Baronetess - When it comes to what differentiates those ranks, it's pretty simple; the further down the ranking you go, you own less land, and you also report to the next rank above you. So, a Baron has less land than a Viscount, and the Viscount is the man in charge)  [Currently Played: Travaius, Viscount]
  • Diplomats (Emissaries from foreign countries) [Currently Played: Coastal Cities Diplomat, Hayley; Avantier Diplomat, Lyrus]
  • Knights/Dames (Typically commoners or lower gentry given land and title by the Emperor for service)
  • Reeves/Squires (Attend Knights and Gentry)
  • The Military [Currently Played: Captain of the Guard, Elfguy; Captain of the Imperial Knights, Silk]
  • Yeoman (Peasant who owns his own land - usually farmers)
  • Peasant (Paid land worker)
    Serf (Bound to a Noble, unpaid - much like a slave)
So, basically, you can be anyone you like. Tanperi is a xenophobic nation and it is highly unlikely your character would hail from anywhere else, unless you decide on a diplomat. You can feel free to post up a CS for anyone I mention in my character's history, and if you'd like others to be able to play some from yours, do say so.

I will allow two characters each for variance, but if you select two, they must be at least three ranks apart.

My character is responsible for the Empress being missing, but nobody knows this as yet. If you'd like to be a conspirator in this, I don't mind discussing it - it could be rather fun. CS is below with my character details there. And yes, you can just use a picture if you can't be arsed with a description, just no anime stuff pleeease.

If you have any questions on rank or society, give me a poke via PM.

See if we can get any action on this, this time. :3

CS

Full Character Name: Mereavus Atalanta Vorserkeine.
Given Name/Title: Eave (To friends), Your Excellence/Your Grace.
Desired Role: The Empress' Advisor, Duchess.
Height: 5'10".
Build: Athletic, slightly curvaceous
Eye Color: Brown, near black
Hair Color: Red/mahogany
Sexuality: Bisexual, female preference

Description:

Character Background: Mereavus was born into a Baronial family as the only child. Her mother died in childbirth and her father never remarried. She grew up with the nickname Gremlin, purely because she refused to dress in girls' clothing. She had a habit of stealing the stable boy's clothes and going out to climb and play in the mud. At the age of sixteen she was engaged to marry Duke Vorserkeine, who had never met the girl, but went on her father's good reputation. The court laughed at the idea, until Mereavus turned up perfectly presentable and married him at seventeen. He reached great political success largely owing to her mind, and the Empress recognised this early on. They became fast friends and by the time Mereavus was twenty-five, she'd taken up the post as her Advisor. Her husband, Remus, and their two children (William, 18, and Roselyn, 16) live in a Ducal manor on the mainland to ensure they can properly administrate their Duchy. The pair have an open marriage and as a result, don't appear to mind the other's work-ethic.

Travaius

This sounds like fun. I would want to play this, just trying to decide what to play.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

LimitlessNikkie

Full Name: Gisele Nicole Ainsworth
Given Name/ Title: Elle, Your Imperial Highness
Desired Role: The Crown Princess
Height: 5'6
Build: Slender and willowy
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond
Sexuality: Bi leans towards guys
Descriptions:
Character Background: Daughter of a duke she was raised as a social climber her father wanted nothing more then to see her on the throne married to the prince raising her family's rank by association. She was betrothed by the time she was 8 to the prince. It cost her family a father large dowry sum and her freedom. From that day on she was trapped in the house with tutor's who taught her everything from educate to how to properly hold a tea cup. Sh behaved herself but because rather rebellious often sneaking away during the nights to seek her own freedom. Since marrying the prince she's reveled in her freedom of only having to answer to her husband. She is able to ride again to spend time reading and in leasure activities.

Etherwood

Awesome! Only thing I'd edit for you, Nikkie, is her title would be 'Your Imperial Highness'. :3 Otherwise great, thanks for posting in. She looks good.

Lookin' forward to your input, Travaius.

Travaius

Full Character Name:  Thomas Gabriel Antwood
Given Name/Title: Thomas, Tom, Master Antwood
Desired Role: Viscount
Height: 6'3".
Build: Muscular
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance:

Description: Thomas grew up in household he hated. The fact that he was nobility isn’t what bothered him, it was what his parents thought was necessary for him to be ready for this rank that did it. All of his time were spent with tutors and trainers, trying to ensure that he would be a perfect noble and represent the family correctly. The thing that he hated most was all the women they paraded through to try and get him married off. His parents were ecstatic they finally had a male heir, someone who could carry on the pride of the family. For that reason, his training was even further crammed in, the entire history of his family having to be taught to him, so that he would understand his roots.

Throughout all of his training, the only part that he enjoyed was combat and riding training. He felt natural with a sword or a bow in his hands or a horse beneath him. It was all that brought a smile to his face. As much as he hated to admit it, when his parents died, he enjoyed it. It meant that he no longer had to be trained under their rules.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Etherwood

All good, Travaius, thanks for posting in. :3 I have a few messages in my PM inbox to get back on, so I'm expecting a few more players before we start. I'm going to be at Pride over the weekend, so if possible I'll get the IC up and running before I leave tomorrow (provided we have enough players).

elfguy

Name: Lilith Marlana

Title: none

Role: Captain of the Guard

Build: Fairly muscular

Sexuality: Bi

Description: Lilith originally came from far away. She was a traveler, an adventurer, going from town to town, and through many dungeons and ruins, battling bandits and strange creatures. She uses a quarterstaff and became very skilled in battle, using it or hand to hand combat. When she came to the castle, 4 years ago, she arrived at a time when the castle forces had a lot of trouble dealing with a nasty clan of mercenaries. Lilith offered her help and was instrumental in bringing the threat to an end. All the nobles were very impressed with her results so she was offered to stay as Captain of the Guard, even though she has no noble blood, overseeing the protection of the castle and the day to day operation of the soldiers

Her personality is very playful and social, very open to talk with anyone, usually with a smile. She comes off as friendly, and pragmatic, wise in all matters dealing with fighting and defense. She is well liked by others in the castle and enjoys her job. She decided to keep her somewhat unusual outfit instead of using the Guard's uniform, and wears a cloth skirt, a small plate breastplate with boots, a cloth vest and leather gloves. Her only weapon is usually her quarterstaff.

Appearance:
----

Etherwood

Ironwolf85

hmmm.... I've been getting a bit tired of playing furries. I might come up with a human profile
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Etherwood

Goodness! You'd be welcome if you did. :3

Ironwolf85

though I wonder whom to create....
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Silk

I'm interested in playing, chances are I would be playing a knight, or a leader of a small order of elite soldiers, be it royal guard or otherwise, that is your choice to make :) However if she is a leader of some kind, their number wouldn't be any higher than 10ish. Think Paladins I geuss.

Etherwood

For the sake of being involved with the plot, I'd suggest being a form of Imperial Guard designed to protect the Royal Family? It gives you a chance to interact with almost all of the intended characters. :3 

elfguy

Well since Lilith was appointed Captain of the Guard, if you don't want to be under her command, you could be one of the royal's personal bodyguard? Or a mercenary that they use to do missions and such? A simple guard would put you in her control.
----

Silk

Oh someones got that allrdy, no worries then :)

Etherwood

Well for the sake of argument, we can easily say Lilith is Captain of the Castle Guard, which'd have far more men under her command, and any other Guard would be Imperial Guards (present in throne rooms, outside Royal chamber doors and being general bodyguards) or a form of elite Knights.

Contextually, there would have been a contingent of Imperial Guards out with the Empress when she went missing, so if you selected to be the Captain of the Emperor's Imperial Guard (or the Crown Princess', as she's currently not an NPC) it'd give you some intrigue as to where your character's fellows have gone off to. It'd also be pretty disturbing to most that the Empress even could go missing given her protection.

As a note for those of you playing gay or bisexual characters, most of you ought to be playing your character's same-sex affairs under the radar. It can be the worst kept secret in the world, as long as they're still trying to keep it a secret. Death by burning isn't all that pleasant.

Silk

OK, I can go with the imperial guard then. :) perhaps just saying that my group is normally the ones present on the Expeditions, when not traveling with the royal detail they are just another arm of the castle defences?

Etherwood

Say they arm the Imperial Wing - the Royalty would sleep elevated to everyone else, and come a siege it'd be of vital importance to keep it safe. :3 It'd have your standard turret and castille defences.

Etherwood

And as another note, you'd both be reporting to the Emperor himself - equal footing with no one guard Captain superior to the others, just in command of different contingencies and with different duties.

Both should take orders from any of the Imperial Family unless they clash with what the Emperor has told them.

Silk

Thats fine with me :) although it might be a nice angle to have a bit of a rivalry or something going on with the lower ranking of the two "orders" with the two leaders trying to keep the peace?

Etherwood

Alrighty, we await a few more CS sheets and then I'll get the IC up and running. :)

Silk

Full Character Name:Ysena Levantine
Given Name/Title: Knight-Captain Ysena
Desired Role: Captain of the Imperial wing knights (Imperial Knights)
Height: 5'9".
Build: Athletic, muscular, can't really tell under all her armour
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Blond/White
Sexuality: Bisexual (Mostly straight, but she does get lonely :P

Description:

Character Background: Like all members of the Imperial knights, Ysena was trained for the post since birth, such a commitment was the sign of total loyalty to the crown as it was their entire life. Talented in the arts of combat, tactics and warfare Ysena rose through the ranks quickly. Although it may just be because all those above her rank at the time did not have a long life expectancy. Entirely dutiful to the Emperor Ysena has nearly died on several occasions for her duty.

With the recent disappearance of the Empress, Ysena's knights have come under scrutiny from outside eyes, although none can show more concern than Ysena's apart from besides the royal family itself.

Although not much of a people person Ysena has a few friendships outside of the knights, some consisting of nobility, royalty and the guards. When she is allowed to let her air down, (Although she will resist such attempts) She is actually quite likable, caring and kind, but the duty that has been drilled into her since childhood make her forgetting her responsibilities a rarity.

Etherwood

Awesome, Silk, thank you! :)

Travaius

This is looking pretty nice actually.

Etherwood

Isn't it? :3

IC will be up tomorrow morning (GMT). I'm going to leave the OOC open for new apps whilst we play, just in case anyone else needs to put up a CS before then.