My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethian

Dhi...your over thinking it. But then I always did that too when I was the target audience for those shows. I think some of my thought and question patterns used to drive the ex insane. I dunno...should get that big time brony into this thread.

But your right, I always used to wonder that myself about He-Man. It seemed like She-ra always had it better then he did cause there were actual places to go.

Kunoichi

So...  Any thoughts on the season finale, anyone?  The general complaints I've seen elsewhere seem to be about the episode's pacing, and I agree that the episode was a bit less than stellar...  I still kind of enjoyed it, though, and since this whole season was a bit non-standard in terms of its production, I'm willing to give the creative team the benefit of the doubt and hope that they'll do better on Season 4.

As for certain developments within the episode itself...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I'm with Pinkie Pie.  Alicorn Party!  Whoooooo! ;D

ulthakptah

It was a little short for me, I was hoping for an hour long episode for something so changing of a character like this. Also I like the music in the show, but in this episode it seemed a little over done, like they were singing everything they were doing.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  As far as the need for an hour-long episode goes, I did just find this interesting little bit of news...

I'm looking forward to Season 4 a little more, now. ^^

Monfang

I can't help but feel like that translates into:

Please don't go! It wasn't our idea but we can fix it!

Wolfy

<_<>_>

Rainbow-Pie forever! *flees into the darkness*

Aethian

Kunoichi

And now I am reminded of the new 'Equestria Girls' spin-off in the works...

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 18, 2013, 09:55:22 PM
And now I am reminded of the new 'Equestria Girls' spin-off in the works...

Oh I doubt anything like THAT will happen...

But then again.....Equestria Girls would certainly be a good time for a same sex couple to crop up..:3

Kunoichi

Eh, I don't think it's likely.  We probably will wind up with more fanart with same sex couples, though. :P

Monfang

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 18, 2013, 10:58:17 PM
Eh, I don't think it's likely.  We probably will wind up with more fanart with same sex couples, though. :P
I think that's a given no matter what happens.

So is anyone speculating what they meant by Season Four episode 1 and 2 being part two and three of Season 3 episode 13?

Kunoichi

Well, now that Twilight's been made royalty, they do need to show exactly what that means, whether she'll have any new responsibilities, or have to travel in new social circles, or things like that.  They might also wind up reversing the transformation and having her give back her shiny new crown at the end, though I'm hoping that they won't.

Monfang

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 19, 2013, 01:04:05 AM
Well, now that Twilight's been made royalty, they do need to show exactly what that means, whether she'll have any new responsibilities, or have to travel in new social circles, or things like that.  They might also wind up reversing the transformation and having her give back her shiny new crown at the end, though I'm hoping that they won't.
Really? you are the first I heard that says that.

Most people have said that her becoming a princess changes what Lauren Faust aimed for the show, to take away the picture that girls should aim to be princesses and instead should follow their real dreams whether it be a hard working farmer, a dress maker, a cartaker of animals, a stunt flyer, or a baker/party organizer. In Twilight's case, i think she planned on her shooting to become a famous scientist. (Honestly, I think we do need to make things more clear that girls should head into the sciences rather than social occupations but that's another thread)

So why don't you like the idea of reversing it?

ulthakptah

You know who my favorite alicorn is?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Pinkie Pie, but she could fly and use magic long before that. All hail Princess Pinkiecorn.

Anyway, on the subject of Twilight being a princess. Princesses in Equestria aren't the daughters of kings to be married off to form alliances. In this case they are more like leaders, and I think that fits Twilight just fine. She always coming up with a plan, being organized, and leading her friends while trying to solve their problems. Problem is, people hear princess and thing some maiden in waiting, hoping to be sweep off her feet by prince charming. In the context of the show it is easy to see that magician = scientist, but not princess = leader.

Kunoichi

Ulth's explanation pretty much hit the nail on the head.  I don't think Twilight being a princess is suddenly going to mean that she'll be sitting around in frilly pink dresses and having tea parties with socialites in her new glittery castle, or anything like that.  If anything, I imagine it would involve her going around Equestria, traveling to new places, meeting new ponies, and solving problems with the help of her friends.  I think it has a lot more potential for awesomeness than most people are recognizing, basically.

I also think that an alicorn transformation and princess title are a lot more fitting as a destiny for Twilight than most people realize.  That's going to be a bit longer of an explanation, though, and it's getting pretty late, so I'm afraid I'll have to put it off for now. ^^;

Sabby

Kunoichi

xD A little late for Valentine's Day Cards, Sabby.

Sabby

She is adorable :3 but I can't post anything more from her. Can't show penis here.

Arohk

I'm not around a lot at the moment, but I am always up for a MLP RP. PM me if you want to. :3 I'll play either gender or if you have a character suggestion, that's cool too. Again though, I'm not around a ton at the moment, but I do make my rounds. Off extended to anyone who wants to do an RP, of course.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on February 21, 2013, 05:54:57 PM
She is adorable :3 but I can't post anything more from her. Can't show penis here.

:3

Callie Del Noire

I encountered a Summoner over the weekend at Megacon 2013 that used Derpy Hooves as her Eidolon.

Very very dark childhood in there somewhere.

She used the poor thing as her 'Trap finder' and sent her down a well without flying. (Thump) and so on.

She even had a MLP fig for her.

Kunoichi

xD Sounds like an interesting way to use the character.  Though, as I recall, someone did make some joke Pathfinder stats for ponies that actually turned out to be pretty playable...