SB Guidelines

Started by Karma, March 04, 2010, 04:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

- There is NO roleplaying in the SB.  Things like /me ties up soandso with leather straps or /me sits on soandso's lap and rubs their legs can be taken to Adult Socializing, a game thread or PMs

Yeah, so, this needs to be explained. Is /me disallowed? Is the quite regular /me goofing around completely gone? Action-play has been a regular part of the SB as long as I've been here. Are you instead meaning, as the examples would imply, that sexual actions are off limits? Also, if there is no roleplaying, are all characters off limits? This rule has an absurdly broad apparent scope.

This new list is pretty much what I asked for all those months ago, but we really can't have general statements like that one without them being explained.

Trieste

No, we certainly can't have that.

/ me is not disallowed, or we would have just removed the code. It's extended exchanges that are the problem, pseudo-RPing that takes up more than a handfull of lines.

Edit: Fixed the code for clarity.

Mmkies. ^_^ No cyber in da SB.

Blitzy

Now I'm utterly nervous to post anything other than speaking actions in the SB for fear of being kicked/banned from it with no warning. :-/
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Trieste

'Twould be taking it a little to extremes, but it is of course up to you.

Blitzy

I don't know if it is, Trieste, that's why I'm confused. In Ket's post it said that you will be kicked without warning at staff discretion... But I don't know the real limits. Is it posting RP that is a few lines long? Is it posting actions that take up a flow of conversation back and forth? Is it doing it more than once? I'm confused enough that I don't know what the boundaries are and I really don't want to lose the privilege of the SB. I love it there. I love joking around and bantering with people, new and old, and I don't want to lose it is all.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Ket

We are trying to make the SB a safe and fun place for all. 

Hugs and the like are allowed. We're not going to kick people for being happy to see another member and tacklehugging them. But as Trieste said earlier, it's the extended exchanges that toe the line between belonging in the SB and belonging in the hotbox that we are trying to avoid.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Sounds to me like the old "girl piles" that a certain Siren used to be a regular participant in is now gone for good. :P

Ket

Entirely uncalled for, Karma.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Maeven is aware that she's no longer allowed her girly piles except in staff boards. I mean, who doesn't love girl piles? They're just not really Shoutboard material. :)

Edit: Okay, okay, probably gay men. Their loss.  ;D

The SB is changing, and I'm looking to make it clear how and in what ways so we can minimize misunderstandings. Sorry if that joke didn't fly for you, Ket... I was mostly pointing out one of the ways that it's changed since I've been here.

Zeitgeist

I very rarely partake in the SB, but when I do it is most often to bounce of someone (anyone) a clunky sentence or fragment I need help smoothing out. While perhaps not the intention behind the SB, I presume this is an acceptable use of the feature? I've never been admonished for it, but thought I would ask nevertheless! Thanks.

Ket

Lady Lunarius

May I point out for the record that there is in fact an option to have pm's pop up....Just to kinda fix that issue people are having?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Caeli

Just to illustrate the option that Lady Lunarius is referring to:

First, go to your profile settings by clicking "Profile" in the forum navigation bar.

Next, under the "Modify Profile" menu, click on "Personal Messaging", and you'll get to the screen below:

One of the options will read, Show a popup when I receive new messages. If you check it and save your settings, you'll get a popup notification whenever you receive new PMs in your inbox.

Note that the popup won't come up if you aren't actively browsing through Elliquiy (e.g., you're typing a post for a roleplay, or only chatting in the Shoutbox but not browsing the forums). However, if you click "post" after you're done with your reply, or if after reading a long thread, you go to the next page, the popup will show before you can continue browsing. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

DrFier

If you really wanted to RP, in a chat, without leaving the site, couldn't you just make a private room in the IRC?

(Sorry if I'm wrong here, I don't really use the IRC.)
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Caeli

Yes, but some members prefer to stay on Elliquiy proper, or aren't very familiar with IRC and how it works. :-) That's why we suggest PMs, or places like the Hotbox and Steamboxxx for 'roleplaying' between your Elliquiy personas (versus roleplaying between characters).
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Caeli on March 05, 2010, 12:45:21 AM
Just to illustrate the option that Lady Lunarius is referring to:

First, go to your profile settings by clicking "Profile" in the forum navigation bar.

Next, under the "Modify Profile" menu, click on "Personal Messaging", and you'll get to the screen below:

One of the options will read, Show a popup when I receive new messages. If you check it and save your settings, you'll get a popup notification whenever you receive new PMs in your inbox.

Note that the popup won't come up if you aren't actively browsing through Elliquiy (e.g., you're typing a post for a roleplay, or only chatting in the Shoutbox but not browsing the forums). However, if you click "post" after you're done with your reply, or if after reading a long thread, you go to the next page, the popup will show before you can continue browsing. :-)
If you have Firefox or another browser that supports or has an app for auto-refresh you can open a tab or another window with an Elliquiy page on it, page to auto-refresh then go about your business in the other tabs/windows and PM pop-up notifications will show up when the screen refreshs.