Aliens - Hadley's Hope (Interest Check)

Started by Fenrir, October 17, 2011, 03:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenrir

The Main Storyline:
    (in one simple sentence)
    This story takes place prior to the beginning of Aliens and tells the story from the colonist of Hadley's Hope point of view, from the moment of "first-contact" until the last colonist dies- or finds a way off the planet.

Planet LV-426 and Colony Hadley's Hope

LV-426 is a planet also known as Acheron that was originally discovered by the crew of the Nostromo and was said to have mostly nitrogen, methanol, carbon dioxide, and other smaller trace elements in its atmosphere.  The crew of seven that responded to a distress signal from the planet came in contact with an unknown species that killed every member of their crew save Ellen Ripely who was eventually lost in space.  The military leaders of Earth hid the loss of the Nostromo and the Weyland-Yutani Company set up a terraforming colony in the twenty second century.  By the 2170's the colony was managing to produce barely breathable air and fifty-seven years in 2179 a colonist comes into contact with the same alien.  At the moment of contact there were 158 living colonists consisting of men and women.

The Aliens

The Life Cycle

• Eggs: Also known as an ovomorph.  It is rooted to the ground relying on adults to supply victims.  The egg is brown and leathery, about two feet tall, and have four 'petals' that open when nearby prey is sensed.
    • Facehugger: A parasitoid whose only purpose is to make contact with hosts mouth for implantation.  They attach by gripping the victims head using boney finger-like legs and wrapping its tail around the victims neck.  Inserts tube-like proboscis into mouth and down throat.  Most attempts to remove are fatal; grips face to tight to peel off and acidic blood deters cutting off.
    • Chestburster: Facehugger lays egg in bronchial tubes where it hatches.  Once it is hatched, it burrows for the aorta where it feeds and absorbs nutrients and white blood cells.  It finishes feeding on the aorta (the major artery in the heart) then lets go to swim about the hosts body causing discomfort.  The chestburster finds the sternum and begins to chew causing the host pain, shock, and blood loss.  Then following its name the creature bursts from the chest.
    • Xenomorph:  Will kill an non-xenomorph life form on sight regardless of age or species.  Appearance varies dependent upon parent host.  Human phenotype is generally 7-8 feet tall weight 130-185 kg with a long 13-16 foot tail and an oblong head.  Weapons include:  sharp black claws, long tail with serrated tip to sting prey, sharp teeth, acidic blood, and an inner mouth that can shoot out to penetrate a victim's brain.

Adult Xenomorphs

• Abilities:  Xenomorphs are capable of running along ceilings or walls whether evading, attacking or hunting.  They can survive extreme temperatures and are well adapted to swimming.  They can breath in harsh atmospheres and can survive in the vacuum of space for short lengths of time.  They move silently and camouflage itself with nest or surrounding artificial environment.    Drones are also able to produce a thick strong resin which is used to build hive and cocoon victims.
    • Vulnerabilities: Xenomorphs are vulnerable to heat, specifically fire.  Also they are extremely vulnerable to rapid succession of extremely high temperatures and extreme low temperatures because it causes severe thermal shock.  Small arms at close ranger are effective. High caliber fire arms with explosive rounds of M41A pulse rifle and High-energy beam or plasma weapons work best (though keep in mind as a mere terraforming colony these types of weapons would be very scarce).  Melee weapons can be effective but will be destroyed if contacted with acidic blood.
    • Cocooning:  Injured but still living, prey is taken away, usually to an area where the queen has produced large quantities of eggs.  The prey is then placed in front of an egg and an alien uses saliva and resin to encase the prey's body.  The head is left free so facehuggers can latch on and deposit Xenomorph fetus in their chest.

Caste System

• Drone:  basis of any hive; drones are like worker bees or ants.  Main tasks are to keep the hive in good condition.  They are smaller and more delicate than other aliens and have a smooth head.  They are the only ones that can spit acid over short distances.
    • Warrior:  soldiers and protectors of the hive; they are bigger (by about a foot or two) and stronger than the Drones and have ridges on their domed heads instead of smoother ones.
    • Praetorian (Royal Guard): guard key locations of importance or intrest including the queen herself;  even larger (twice the size) than the Warriors.  They have a crown-like head crest.
    • Queen:  lays eggs for continuation of the colony; she is the largest (18-20 feet) and most intelligent.  Usually located deep within the hive and is immobile while attached to her ovipositor (egg sack).  Engages in combat only when hive is in danger and can remove herself from the egg sack.  Xenomorphs are said to have a hive mind and are each controlled by the queen herself.

Disruption of the Caste System

• Death of a Queen:  If a queen dies without laying a heir egg- drones, who are kept sterile by the queens pheromone, go into a fighting rage until the strongest drone is found.  They then evolve into a queen and immediately start laying eggs.
    • Death of Praetorian:  Typically there are four Praetorian but when preparing for an attack on the hive or when a Praetorian is lost the queen can produce a pheromone which cause additional warriors to evolve.

RULES, GUIDELINES, and RECORDS

CHARACTER SHEET APPLICATION POST

Current Population 157 Colonist, 1 Xenomorph.[/list]

Index of Threads:
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope (Interest Check) - This just relinks to the top of the page ;D
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope OOC OOC speaks for itself
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope Colony Roster - Character Sheets. Feel free to add yours if your character sheet has been approved.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
    Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Kendra

I know I am swamped and I know I am sick right now and need to recuperate badly but I adore Aliens
    so have to throw in my interest

sinoraa

Oh my this looks interesting, and seems to have a proper DM. Something I found most Alien RP's lacked, count me in.

Tydorei

Rachubka

Question Mark

Definitely interested.  I could see myself filling a mechanic, engineering, or medical position.  I'm swamped with homework for these next couple of days, but by Thursday I could be up to full posting capacity again.

Couple of questions:
    - There are families and kids on LV-426, as made very clear in the movie.  How are we handling underage NPCs?
    - How many characters are players allowed to have?
    - How will combat work?
    - What kind of rating are you expecting...  I tend to write rather visceral combat scenes by default (Usually equivalent to an R rating, I guess), but I'm okay with toning it down if you don't want it.
    - Char sheet?

MarcothTalos

HUGE ALIENS FAN! It is a huge fan case of mine since i was 8, soooo interested!
    What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

Fenrir

Kendra, yay!  I appreciate you being the first to jump right in and show interest.  I hope that all the things you have going settle down and recuperation goes well!

sinorra, first I'd like to say I could not decide if I should capitalize your name at the beginning of a sentence... I went with no.  But moving on, the phrase "Proper DM" made me smile and I am happy you are interested.

Tydorei, extra points for use of the word "indeed" and thanks for your interest!

Rachubka, you get twice as many points as Tydorei for using "woop" twice as much as her use of "indeed."  Happy you're interested!

Question Mark, I love the irony of your name and that you do in fact ask a lot of questions, not to mention your picture along with the phrase "I tend to write rather visceral combat scenes."  Here are the answer to your questions:

• There are in fact families on LV-426 but due to E's rules of characters being 16 and older and honestly my own preference not to have to write children dying they will not be involved in the thread.  It was suggested that perhaps, the atmosphere somehow causes sterility in humans and those at the colony have yet to figure out why exactly.  To me it seems a perfectly plausible reason that would fit the feeling of the game- not to mention the added attraction of natural birth control.
    • Players can have only up to three humans at any point with one alien on the side if they so choose or they may have four aliens all together. It seems strange at first glance but bare with me here's an example:  I could have human one, two, and three and lets say human two dies.  I am left with humans one and three but I can choose to transfer that human to the Xenomorph side creating alien 1.  I could then create human four leaving me with three human characters and one alien character.  To explain further, lets say human one dies.  I would then have the option to change that character to alien 2 or relinquish the alien to the queens command and create a human 5.  That way people do not have to sacrifice a character slot to play a Xenomorph, or at least the first alien is a freebee.  I hope that makes sense... if not let me know I'll clear it up!
    • As of right now I do not have set rules for combat, other than aliens cannot attack characters without my permission.  I'm hoping to keep things free form with it for a while as long as players can keep things realistic.  If anyone has any idea's about rules that can be implemented without loosing free form- feel free to post it here!
    • Naturally with an adult RP sight I figured all ratings would be higher than R to begin with- not to mention this game falling within the horror genre. But I had imagined with gore and blood I would leave it up to the writer themselves.  Who am I to judge aliens that want rip out a human's heart? (Though that would make impregnation hard later fyi...)  But also if there are those who wish to forego writing the extreme bloody details they may keep the gore rating down.  EDIT: After some thought and some input from a friend I believe instead of the "gore-rating" within the time stamp thread a spoiler would be better to use.  If your post includes any more than minor blood put the paragraph that contains it within a spoiler.  That way people who wish to avoid the gore can and those that want to know every detail can simply click a button.
    • I'll be posting a character sheet at the end of this post- with big letters so everyone will be aware of where it is.

MarcothTalos, it is great that you are interested!  I myself have been an alien's fan since a young age... compliments of my father and probably explains a lot about my twitchy personality.

For All Those Interested- A Character Sheet
    All players must submit this application, simply copy and paste this code into a post in this thread and fill in the blanks.  Most all characters will be automatically accepted and once a few are up I will create an Aliens - Hadley's Hope Colonist Roster  thread as the Character Sheet Thread where approved sheets can be posted.  When a current character is taken or killed I would ask that you go back and edit your character sheet post to include Deceased before the picture.  If a new character is created it must apply and become registered in the Roster before a player can post with that character.

[center][b][color=navy]Aliens - Hadley's Hope Character Application[/color][/b][/center]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fsIC2SQjFno/TAs6KLXsR0I/AAAAAAAAAY4/5IA5cqAdX-I/s1600/queen_AlienPress_still01.jpg[/img]
    (^^  This is where a picture of your character goes replace the current url address with the one linking to your picture)
    [b]Character Name:[/b]
    [b]Sex:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]

[center][b][color=navy] Appearance[/color][/b][/center]

[b]Hair:[/b]
    [b]Eyes: [/b]
    [b]Skin:[/b]
    [b]Weight:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b] (Tattoo, scars or other distinguishable marks)

[center][color=navy][b]Information:[/b][/color][/center]

[b]Colony Job:[/b] 

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Background:[/b] (At least a paragraph please.  More is fine, though I would not suggest spending hours on the background of a character you may soon replace)

Kendra

You're most welcome indeedio Fenrir *winks pushing for points on using indeedio  ;D*
    Couldn't resist to be honest, you have put in so much thought and detail it was a no brainer. Very hard to resist.
    Will do up the bio as soon as possible.

Kendra

maybe when it comes down to the battle strategies we use our dice rolls to determine who succeeds and who doesn't

was considering for human 2 to create Farah's brother
    if you want me to be more detailed with her, no worries ;)

Aliens - Hadley's Hope Character Application

Character Name: Dr. Farah Houstan
    Sex: Female

Appearance

Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: blue
    Skin: lightly tanned
    Weight: 140lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Other: no tattoos or scars, a birthmark on her right shoulder of a dark brown diamond

Information:

Colony Job:  Planetary Engineer

Personality: Headstrong, determined, she is very detail-oriented, strong and energetic, does not like to be the center of attention.

Background: The second child to Captain Marcus Houstan and Dr. Sheila Lawrence, Farah was expected to either persue a military career or a medical one. Her brother Daniel chose
    both of these becoming a military medic as if to compensate for his sisters penchant for engineering.

To assuage her fathers dreams and the constant barrage of comparisons between her brother and herself, Farah relented after college and joined the marines. They needed good engineers after all, she like her brother was able to combine her love with something she had no interest whatsoever in.

She had big dreams even as a young child and loved star gazing, convinced that humans could populate any planet they chose too, providing of course that the environment was made habitable. After years of university and then the marine corps, she finally got the break she wanted. Her dream job, when she was asked to be the Planetery Engineer for a colonisation expedition to Acheron LV-426.

Tydorei

Heh heh. I was going to be an engineer... Oh well. Is it possible to a an artificial person. Like that Android, but able to experience/designed for sex? My character would of basically stayed in this wealthy persons (PC or NPC) room as a sex toy, until shit hits the fan. I actually got some good ideas for this, if you allow Fenrir.

Kendra

oh I'd imagine with a colony there'd be a ton of engineers required and all different types.
    Mine is a planetary engineer which will work on making sure the environment is habitable and that the air becomes more and more breathable

MarcothTalos

Brother number one.

Character Name: Marcus O'Malley
    Sex: Male

Appearance

Hair: Brown mostly, with lighter coloring at the base.
    Eyes: Blue
    Skin: White
    Weight: 207
    Height: 6'3"
    Other: Only two marks. A scar under his right eye, small and obviously from a punch. The second was a small tattoo under his right arm on his upper ribs. The letters, "J F L M T J S " under a family crest. It is no larger than his palm.

Information:

Colony Job:  Head Programmer's personal Assistant (Sara's doing.)

Personality: The black sheep of a family of hard working Irish, from the civil war days of ancient America, to the current they had always worked with their hands or fought with them. Marcus prefers to womanize, dress in expensive clothes and work behind a computer handling everyone else money. When it was jail or freedom, Marcus was taken back by his close knit family, namely his brother and sister. He resents his older brother for his morals, and his little sister for her innocence and intelligence. Arrogant and a womanizer is the basics.

Background: He stands with a lean professional build, toned to keep his attraction. Use to wearing suits and silk, he now keeps up a collar shirt whenever possible, and a pair of ironed pants. Wearing a slick pair of leather shoes. He grew up poor but swindled and cheated his way into jobs where he would scam thousands a day. He loved the lifestyle of the rich, and now he was stuck using his size to assist and protect his smarter younger sister. Spending most of his days complaining or trying to talk his sister into another scam. After ten years of it, she had learned to ignore him.

Though he does work, he complains about Sara's long hours when she wants to experiment with a new program. Childish at times and only annoying to his own family. He rarely speaks with thought behind it, but he is quite the charmer none the less. Hiding his own petty whines when an attractive woman was around. He wants nothing more than to get the hell of this colony.

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

MarcothTalos

Brother number two.

Character Name: Jake O'Malley
    Sex: Male

Appearance

Hair: Dark brown
    Eyes: Green
    Weight: 278 pounds
    Height: 6'8"
    Other: Scattered scars from a few knife fights and bar brawls. Scattered tattoos as well, all religiously based.

Information:

Colony Job: First ranked Mechanic

Personality: Calm and quiet giant of a man. Usually the voice of reason within his family. He calms his ignorant brother through force, and his brilliant sister with sense. Very exceptionable mechanic, though very large so some places he simple can't get to, and he laughs it off and calls his little sister. He is a gentle giant in all sense of the word, but through keeping his brother, sister, and parents safe, he was obviously the brute of the group. Fighting to keep what was his and keep the hands of grabbing grease monkeys off his sister. Though she was more of the computer geek type, she used those skills to teach him the finer points of vehicle performance. He is always open to listen to his little sister and anyone else he shows to be smarter than himself.

Background: Growing up as one of seven children, Jake was always the first, largest, and meanest when needed. A soft spot for his two sisters, until the older of the two died during her military service, along with three brothers in the same fashion. His family mainly military and hard manual workers and colonists. His brother Marcus being the great disappointment. Loosing this four other siblings to war, he was the one expected to be the warrior, instead he stuck to a wrench and a torch and his bare knuckles to make ends meet.

Fighting from a young age to help put more money on his family's table, Jake knows the value of hard work, and now only works to keep his youngest sibling, Sara safe and without a need for anything. Regardless of her IQ outdoing his by almost 80 points.

MarcothTalos

Character Name: Sara O'Mailey
    Sex: female

Appearance

Hair: Dirty blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Weight: 137 pounds.
    Height: 5'7"
    Other: No tattoos, only one scar over her throat, a small scar across the middle of her windpipe, though it is not that deep, nor is there damage to her voice or throat.

Information:

Colony Job:  Head programmer both security and civilian sector.

Personality: Childish in the innocence way, but very adult in her intellect or attitude. She just lacks some common sense for her brothers protective nature. She is also very intelligent and has been since she was 15 and scored a 193 IQ for the Wayland Enterprises employee application.

Background: Marcus talked her into taking the IQ test while Jake was at work which lead to his entire current situation. For ten years she helped her brother Marcus, unknowingly, stay employed and commit counts of fraud that kept him a multi-millionaire of a decade. Once they discovered such an action, Sara convinced Jake to allow Marcus on the crew with them, since he had last say. Sara is highly energetic and very talkative at times, not to mention when she is asked to explain a program, or how to reroute a door to hack it open, it was her passion she said to teach the more stupid people how to be like me. Smart.

Though it seemed she was arrogant, she wasn't. Unaware of reality that with her looks and her line of work, she was showing too much skin or more often than not, talking too much. Her aptitudes include computer hacking and programming, security tactics and proticals, cyber warfare. mathematics, and physics. Her medical knowledge is more so on a basic program level. She knows how the body works and knows what causes what. Though surgery or treatment was sickening to her. Blood always made her nausea , and watching her brother fight when she was young made her often cry and puke when it was his blood shed. All in all, she loves her brothers who are still around, will follow Jake to hell and back or his orders to do so. Likes Marcus, but more so loves him out of pity.

MarcothTalos

Well there ya go! Phew, tired hands now, gonna go toke and relax lol. Let me know what need to be changed, or what you want made different. Also does the three siblings sort of being the only mechanics (vehicle, large machines and equipment both maintenance and operations) work as an idea? Or too much?

Wintercat

Oh damn. I am definitely interested.

Fan of the original trilogy, and seen the 'Resurrection', would love to take up this kind of a tale.

I would also enjoy volunteering a character for the 'unlucky 1st shmuck' duty of being the person that gets a surprise hug from a friendly neighborhood facehugger after going somewhere s/he might not have supposed to be. That is, if you are taking volunteers for that. Though I figure you'll have your share of candidates. Simply put: I like the dark concept of alien and something in it is very thrilling in a nightmarish manner.

I'm also going to raise thumbs up on the thought of multiple characters per player. Its a very nice touch in my opinion, especially in a game where conflict is just waiting under the surface as it feels here.

Going to rest shortly, but definitely interested and going to be thinking up a character concept, two, or more. Might well make as many characters as allowed to 1 player, and have them all slip into the alien side little by little there. Though certainly putting up a fight as well.
    I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
    A&A

Adonis

Im marking down my interest as well, but until I do a bit of research, Ill be holding off on a sheet for a few days.
    You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
    O/O's
    Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Ironwolf85

interisting, I'll keep an eye on this but the whole "if you wanna play an alien I get to decide who you attack because of the hive mind" kinda turns me off, I don't like others running my characters.
    still I will keep an eye on it
    Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
    debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
    Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Adonis

Well to be honest Ironwolf, I would do the exact same thing as Fenrir is doing were I to run a similar game. The whole "Yeah Im an alien, but not part of the hivemind, because Im badass like that" deal doesn't make sense for one, and two, would be viewed as a threat, one most likely to be hunted and eliminated.

Not to mention the fact that the things are trained bred killers fighting squishy, unsuspecting humans. Trust me, the controls to the game are well thought out in advance it seems. Its 9/10ths of the reason why I like the setup so much.
    You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
    O/O's

Ironwolf85

nah I meant more like... instructions from the queen, she can indicate a target, instead of a total mind control deal
    debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Fenrir

Kendra, you get points for being at the top of my post a second time and the compliments.  Though, I do have to subtract five of them for making up a word while simultaneously plagiarizing another writer.   ;D  Though you make up those points easily by getting your character sheet up first if it makes you feel better.  I most definitely approve of Dr. Ferrah and I look forward to meeting her brother.  The details are great the way they are- they give me enough to get a feel for her character but leave enough out to make me want to know her better.

Tydorie,  Kendra was absolutely right in her point that there would be plenty of engineers within a terraforming colony.  Ones that keeps eyes on the weather on the barely known planet, ones that watch space, ones trying to figure out how to produce plant life- not the mention the mechanical and computer engineers just to name a few.  I thought a lot about Androids while writing my original post and decided to put them on the back burner until they were brought up- the original post was ridiculously detailed anyway.  I do feel that there should be Andriods but I'll be particular about how they work into the story.  One of the things I loved about the original Alien movie is that they were *real* working people on a space ship.  It was sweaty and ugly through most of the movie and that was great! (makes you wonder how different movies would have been if Alien had preceded Star Wars).  Anyway, the Andriods in both movies are simply there to do a job- to work.  I love the idea of a Sexdroid but it didn't seem plausible to the scenario at first glance.  Those sent to LV-426 would only be those who were there to work and accomplish the terraforming of the planet and a already programmed sex driod seems too much of a luxury. However, since the idea is so appealing to me I thought of a compromise if you'd agree with it.  She can be an Android that originally came to the colony with a particular job (feel free to pick one) however, someone altered her programming after they arrived to suit his needs or wants but she still completes whatever her job entails.  Does that sound alright, I'm not going to lie, Con-man Marcus seems the type to alter expensive equipment to suit himself but that's between the two of you  ;D

Now to MarcothTalos, we've already talked at length about your characters and it seems you've already made the changes I requested but for anyone who is curious this is what was concluded:  I by no means have any problem with a players desire to create siblings but I request that, if this is your choice, not all your characters work in the same area.  Sibling characters would likely group together within the story and I would like to have interaction between the players not just interaction between a single player's characters.  Also the idea of each person taking a "staff" as i] MarcothTalos suggested would not be a bad idea but if you choose to do this they cannot all be related (though at least two can be) and need to be broken up and separated at some point or another to prevent the same type of anticipated grouping complication.  In the end - you're edited characters are accepted MarcothTalos!

Wintercat, welcome to the ranks!  We would be happy to have you.  Though I hate to tell you I've already laid claim to that helpless first shmuck that gets facehugged,  I thought it would be a good opening post for the game.  I'm glad you like the all the idea's so well and I can't wait to see the characters you come up to...

Adonis, thanks for your interest and good luck with your research!  If you need any help feel or have any questions feel free to ask.  Most here seem like big fans of the series and they might know or have advice for you.  (and thank you for like 9/10ths of my game though it makes me wonder what the last tenth is  ;D)

Ironwolf85, I appreciate your... shall we say curiosity.  I apologize you disagree with the rules that have been laid out but I had no intention of "controling" each Xenomorph.  I merely wanted to point in a direction of a character and say have fun, which was clearly stated in the rules I put forth.  As was the fact that players are allowed to tell me which characters they would like to attack.  There are several plausible reasons for this:  One, it keeps several different players from planning to attack the same character and causing a disruption between players.  The ol' "I had them first".  Two, it keeps the aliens unified in a tactful manner, that way they seem to be doing exactly what they should be doing, eradicating "pests" and reproducing not simply mindless killing.  Three, it is actually believed that the Xenomorphs have a hive mind and it would be silly if that was not presented in some form or fashion within the game.  Four, well... I don't really need more reasons I think three should be perfectly sufficient.  If the idea of some one contributing to your thoughts, writings, characters, and plans bothers you- then I would suggest you seek another game elsewhere.  I want this game to be a group effort.  I want each person to be able to give their thoughts and have everyone else at least attempt to listen with an open mind.  Ultimately the player's character and their decisions are up to the player as long as they stay within the perimeters of the game- but I've always believed two heads are better than one... but I think now the count is up to... 9 heads including myself and that's got to be better than two   ;D

Now on to my own two characters for the initial post- I'll post them here because it's in the rules... though I'm almost probably going to approve automatically.  (though anyone feel free to speak up if you have a problem with one).  Also free kudos points for anyone who can name the significance and connection of the names and pictures I've chosen!  I'm also taking bets on who you think is the one that's the first victim...

Character Name:  Jessica Cameron

Appearance

Hair: Brunette
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin:Fair, white
    Weight: 130 lbs
    Height: 5'6
    Other: None

Information:

Colony Job:  Head Security Officer

Personality: Tough as nails and rough around the edges.  Refuses to take anything but respect from those around her- male or female, the tiny ones or the giants.  Straightforward and harsh to a brutal extent which causes her to have problems relating to people.

Background: Jessica's had a rough life between a mother that left her at three days and being raised by a military father who truly wanted a son.  Not that the little fact of her being cockless made her father treat her any different than he would have a son.  She was raised with guns and she could clean, maintain, and fire any weapon known to man.  The military control that had ruled her life had sent her towards the marines and lead her to kill with the pull of a trigger or the slash of a weapon quickly and efficiently.  Jessica had been at the top until she had killed the wrong general's son and they put her as far away as they could to hide their fallen star.  It did not matter that they had assigned her the mark, the politics were all that mattered.  And here on LV-426, where she played "security" with machine-heads and environmental thinkers... She had began to go soft within the first couple of months, in the lighter gravity and the lack of activity.  The worse security problem that had been dealt with so far were the younger of the generation that was here moving around in the vents to rut between shifts.  She had manage to hone her unpleasant disposition while become a shell of the person she had been as her skills slowly degraded due to non use.

Character Name: Linda James

Appearance

Hair: Dark Brunette
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin: Fair, white
    Weight: 118
    Height: 5'4
    Other: Tattoo on her left wrist of an old fashioned key.

Information:

Colony Job:  Survey Scout

Personality: Sweet, almost to a fault, to everyone she meets.  She believes in giving everyone another chance no matter what has gone on in the past and that karma will always come back around.  Anger rarely enters into her vocabulary and she tends to come of as condensing to those who first meet her because they cannot take her kindness as face value.

Background: No one understood how Linda had turned out so well adjusted with such a life.  She had spent her early life playing Cinderella to her mother and finally jumped on a freight trade ship at nine to fend for herself.  School continued sparingly at trade ports as she became involved in drugs and alcohol, remembering little of what went on, until she graduated with bare minimum requirements.  A friend convinced her to apply as a simple survey scout and applied as well.  Both were surprised in the end that Linda had been accepted when he had not.  She cleaned up her act before the had left for Archeron and she had not taken up her old habits since making a home here.  Her job was simple, to go out and scout the area before the less inclined of the colony were permitted into the area, and she loved it.  It made her happy and kept her kind, even if others could not believe the truth of it.

I also edited my previous thread, answering some of QuestionMarks questions- "Gore-ratings" have been replaced with spoilers.
    Index of Threads:
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope (Interest Check) - This just relinks to the top of the page ;D
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope OOC OOC speaks for itself
    Aliens - Hadley's Hope Colony Roster - Character Sheets. Feel free to add yours if your character sheet has been approved.

Ironwolf85

ahhhh thank you for clarifying fenrir, I was worried that you were going to abuse that... it's happened to me a lot on Rp's lately, gawd I hate negoi... fucking spelljammer...
    anyway mind warping monsters from space aside...
    i'm interisted now that that little fact has been cleared up, so I might play, it'd be interisting to see how many one can take down before he dies... last man standing wins?

Kendra

*chuckles* I love having points added and deducted like that ;)

Thought this might help those who want to do some research ... Wiki
    it's pretty detailed but a wicked read.

will sort through the brother today and have to say Woooot!! on the mega awesome characters filing in  XD

now must get me some coffee before I spontaneously combust  8-)

Adonis

Ugh. Kendra I could kiss you for that link. Ive been looking through threads of pictures and other stuff looking for *something* that gives specifics.
    O/O's