News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

GM for Sidereal-focused Exalted game

Started by eternaldarkness, July 24, 2015, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Exalted is without a doubt one of my favorite systems and settings ever, and I especially love the Sidereals but can never find a game focused on them, or that will even allow them. So what I'm looking for is an Exalted game that focuses on a few members of the five-score fellowship and Yu-Shan more, with Martial arts action, intrigue, romance, and a plot that really let's me play a Sidereal doing their own thing separate from the other Exalted.

Ideally I'd like a group game, but realistically I know that getting anyone to play exalts that aren't the usual Solar/Lunar/Abyssal dreck is unlikely, so I'll take a solo or two-person game as well.

I have a LOT of character concepts for Sidereals, and I'm willing to adapt to anything a prospective GM comes up with if it gets me a chance to play my favorite exalt type. So interested parties, either players or GM's, please do speak up.

Pumpkin Seeds

I'm up for playing a Sidereal with you.  Though right now I'm struggling to find my books.  They seem to have disappeared in my recent move.

Meliai

I have a huuuuuge soft spot for Sidereals! Sadly I don't know the splat or Yu-Shan (as a setting) quite well enough to run a game, but if you manage to scare up a Storyteller I would love love love to play
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

I wish I could step up to GM this, but the odds of my having personal problems and needing to back out within a month or two are just too high. Maybe with a co-GM.

I might play if another GM steps up and I have enough uncommitted motes at that point.

eternaldarkness

Three definite and a maybe! That's good stuff. Now we just need a GM.

Muse

Oh!  I would also love a sidereal game if you can find a GM.  I'd offer to give GMing a try if I weren't so full up. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rook Seidhr

Muse and I have agreed that we will GM this bad boy together if no one else steps up before two weeks from the date of this post, so stay tuned for further developments.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Riveda on July 24, 2015, 07:14:21 PM
Muse and I have agreed that we will GM this bad boy together if no one else steps up before two weeks from the date of this post, so stay tuned for further developments.

Bad ass! I'll be looking forward to it. Throw us some plot ideas and chargen stuffs soon as you guys are ready.

Angie

I'll throw in as a player. Good to see Exalted getting some love
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Marie Reynolds

Ill throw my hat into the arena  as a playeri have always wanted to give the sidereals a try. Though i warn you i have a very basic understanding of them. As i am still in the newb zone with Sidereals.

Rook Seidhr

Question for the players and maybe-players: Do you want to be Bronze Faction or Gold Faction, or some sort of funky cross-factional task force? (The latter is kind of hard to put together, but I can imagine it.)

Meliai

I'm confident I could make a character from either faction (or an independent, yay independents~) and I think they've both got their appeal, so I'd be happy with any option really.

Bronze could be neat since we'd be dealing with the Golds gaining significant power for the first time since the Usurpation and Bronze schemes starting to fall apart with the Empress gone and Solars returning.

With the Gold faction there's still the underdog aspect, but with their fortunes taking a turn for the better and an upswing in power and numbers with the Jade Prison opening and whatnot.

Compelling stories on both sides~

((This answer was not helpful sorry :D))
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Angie

Allow me to throw everything into some sort of chaos and declare 'Independent!' Perhaps a Chosen that constantly screws up the paperwork and isn't trusted by either side because he can't get proper cover sheets on his TPS reports. It's only when the player begins playing him that he becomes mysteriously effective...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

eternaldarkness

I am thinking of a lapsed bronze turned independent.... Really, a supporter of the Lunar ideal of teaching mortals to do what exalts had been doing... sort of a 'Silver Faction'. I think he probably will have come from a barbarian culture, or maybe the realm. Possibly a former Guild member.

Rook Seidhr

That's three votes for independent…

I'm thinking this may be an all-independent party. Since there aren't supposed to be that many independent Sidereals, that means the party constitutes all the young independents—any others will be older, probably much older, having joined a faction long ago and then burned out or changed their minds.

This does of course mean that you will get shitty mission assignments but that's just good RP fodder :)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Riveda on July 26, 2015, 10:18:27 AM
That's three votes for independent…

I'm thinking this may be an all-independent party. Since there aren't supposed to be that many independent Sidereals, that means the party constitutes all the young independents—any others will be older, probably much older, having joined a faction long ago and then burned out or changed their minds.

This does of course mean that you will get shitty mission assignments but that's just good RP fodder :)

Works for me!

Meliai

We have to be buddies because no one else will sit with us at lunch! ;D

Is anyone leaning towards a particular caste yet? I would probably not make a very good Battles but I'd be happy with anything else. I have semi-solid idea for a Secrets and vaguer ideas for a Journeys and an Endings, but I am still super duper flexible at this point.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

FYI Muse and I are brainstorming and I'm writing up house rules for character creation right now. However, actual play will not begin for a couple of weeks, because Muse is kinda busy. That gives us plenty of time to hammer out character backstories, etc.

Muse

I may be ready sooner than i thought.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eternaldarkness

I can do battles, and Muse and Riveda - take your time.

Rook Seidhr

Draft of house rules document.

Comments eagerly solicited. If changes are made, a note will be posted here, but the URL will remain the same.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: eternaldarkness on July 26, 2015, 12:15:43 PM
Muse and Riveda - take your time.
We're not going to jump into play before we're ready, but there's no point dragging things out either.

Meliai

Oh! Maybe a sort of rough guideline for the sort of scope of shenanigans our characters are likely to have been involved in, giving the somewhat advanced starting power level? It would be helpful for me at least, I've never made an Exalted character starting out much beyond the standard character creation level and I wouldn't want to under/overshoot wrt her backstory exploits too badly
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

By the way, those who know me know that I'm a heavy poster; I will probably be posting multiple times a day. I would prefer that no player go more than two days without posting unless they have some extenuating circumstance (in which case please notify me and Muse as soon as you can). In general the game will probably move at the rate of the fastest player, not the slowest.

Guancyto

Things looks to be shaping up quickly here (with houserules and everything) so I'll note interest in playing before it closes.