Secure Contain Protect: Nightmare Star

Started by Sain, December 22, 2014, 05:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Prologue - First contact

04:15:20 on 2/12/2014 Agent [NAME REMOVED] (to be referred to as agent E) intercepted and recorded the following audio report from [LOCATION UNDISCLOSED]’s deputy sheriff, Henry I. Tucker to his commanding officer, sheriff Matthew G. Jefferson.

Quote from: archived audio file #B2114-A05*Static white noise. Someone fumbling with the speaker.*

“I- I don’t know Sean, just call Lilly, she’ll get the garbage truck to pick it up. Umm… maybe we-”

“On with the report Henry, I’m not going to sit here all day listening to you chat.”

“Ah  sorry sir! Yes, right away. It’s just like they said. I can confirm that there is indeed what would seem to be a big wet looking hunk of some sort of compost waste sloppily arranged in the shape of a... uhm- a really big man in middle of the crossroads. We’ve cut off the traffic until waste disposal gets here, shouldn’t be too long. Looks to me like some petty vandalism by treehugger kids. We’ll go get the security footage and see if we can find a match with some rich brat.”

“Alright. I’ll leave it to you boys, keep me updated.”

*Communications cut off.*

04:31:06 [LOCATION UNDISCLOSED] was enveloped in total radio silence due to an unknown cause. SCP satellite scans located the epicenter of the interference to match the  same location as origin of the intercepted police radio report. The satellite could not gain visual on a potentially as of yet unclassified SCP, henceforth referred to as 'green target' until it's nature as a possible SCP could be determined.

05:05:00 Class-B SCP member, [NAME REMOVED], issued a quarantine order in accordance with the Whiteman procedure. The containment task force C5 was immediately mobilized to secure a perimeter around the city for all civilian records the operation was to be performed under the excuse of a military exercise. The disturbance of local authorities and civilians was to be kept to minimum until green target was examined.

06:01:10 Standard aerial and ground containment perimeters were established in 20 mile radius of the green target's last confirmed location. The designated field agents were granted a temporary level-3 security clearance on SCP data that could be related to the ongoing investigation. The team of agents was sent ahead of the task force into the town to assess the situation and act according to their best judgement if they declared the case as a new SCP. The importance of keeping the local civilians unaware of the situation was further stressed.

What’s this game about?

As you by now might are aware, this story takes place in one adaptation of the SCP fictional universe (in case you are new to SCP, I would suggest the link here to get you started). In short, there are numerous dangerous secrets in the world out there, many of which defy understanding and natural reality to such an extent that if one was to hear about them they would regard it as nothing more than a silly joke. Lucky they are, the normal citizens, to be able to live in this blissful ignorance. This is not the case for you, not anymore.

You are amongst many nameless agents of a vast organization, which in all secrecy has protected the mankind for over a hundred years with talent, determination and unguestioning sacrifice to the greater cause. More specifically, you are a field agent of SCP; a talented, determined and for the most part unguestioning semi-expendable asset. As far as you know, you are a fresh recruit drafted from the smartest, fastest and more importantly most mentally stable stock of FBI, CIA, MI5 or some similar service. For your own good, your personal records, history, name, background and everything else were wiped clean and SCP imbedded a new backgrounds to replace your wiped memories.

After finishing your re-training program with flying colours, you were told that you would be sent into the field with a group of other fresh agents to investigate any new leads on as of yet undiscovered SCPs whenever they would show up. Just today, you were awoken by sirens and quickly briefed to the mission before jumping on to an armored black SUV which would take you to the site. For now you will be mere field agents and know only as much as you need to know, but it is likely that the organization will need your aid higher up as the game goes on.

Summary and few things to note

• Story driven, Freeform, small group, scifi, Men in Black agents with less humor, some Lovecraftian horror aspects, investigation/intrigue, reality is gritty and the unnatural is disturbing.
  • I prefer detailed posts that explore the characters' thoughts and mannerism in addition to what they do and say.
  • Exploring smutty scenes is not the main focus, but in case some workplace romance or other situation leads to it, I will open a secondary thread while the main thread will simply time skip these scenes. Posting priority should be given to the main thread however.
  • The game could be done as anything from light to extreme depending on what you guys prefer. A fair warning however, there will be some graphic alien scenes regardless which might be off putting for some.

Making a character

At the moment I’m looking for 2-4 players to act as agents of SCP.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: The current name your character will be using/identifying as. You may include other aliases as you wish, like a codename.
Sex/age: You can add orientation too here. You are at the very least 25+ years of age as you've had quite a bit of training in various related fields before even applying to the SCP agent program.
Physical description: Pictures are alright, but words are good too if you can paint a vivid image with them. I would prefer model pictures to artwork in this game.
Personality/identity: Personality tendencies and such remained the same after the controlled amnesiac drug was given to you. Your old personality might not even match with the false background you were given.
Background: This does not actually need to be too long as it is largely inconsequential. However, if you like writing then I will gladly read, or if you have something more unusual in mind you might want to write more about it here than just a few lines.

I may pose several questions about your filled character sheets do prepare to not be offended if asked to expand/edit some details.

Feel free to ask questions and make comments about the game in this thread.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Reia

This sounds very interesting. However, I'm completely new to SCP. Will that be too much of a hindrance to participate?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Sain

Familiarity with the setting certainly helps, but if you skimmed through the 'get started link' then you should be set for this game. After all, the organization is a firm supporter of the policy that the agents don't need to know anything everything if they don't have to ;)

Reia

Quote from: Sain on December 23, 2014, 08:59:21 AM
Familiarity with the setting certainly helps, but if you skimmed through the 'get started link' then you should be set for this game. After all, the organization is a firm supporter of the policy that the agents don't need to know anything everything if they don't have to ;)

Awesome! Been reading through and trying to get a good idea of how everything works. What security level would the agents have had before this? One or two? Or would it depend on the character?

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, the field agents had their memories wiped and given new ones. Could this be used in my character's profile? For some reason I keep thinking of her having lapses in memory and possible moments where she blanks out, maybe even has glimpses of her previous memories/life.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Sain

Most agents had security level 2 when on duty, though if you were on some higher priority mission or if you were a class-D personnel (basically convict/test subject) you could have had different clearance.

Your memories might have been wiped, or maybe not. You will certainly think that they were wiped to protect your own identity and the organization integrity. The amnesiac drugs in this setting are pretty perfect so there wouldn't really be memory lapses if everything went according to the plan. However, exceptions do happen so yes. You could RP out the amnesia part too and as an added bonus if your character would want to keep those surfacing memories they would have to keep them secret as the organization would redo the procedure and it would not fail the second time.

Lustful Bride

Im going o throw my name in the hat for this.

Will this rp be more geared for action or investigation (ala X-files)?

Reia

Quote from: Sain on December 23, 2014, 09:19:30 AM
Most agents had security level 2 when on duty, though if you were on some higher priority mission or if you were a class-D personnel (basically convict/test subject) you could have had different clearance.

Your memories might have been wiped, or maybe not. You will certainly think that they were wiped to protect your own identity and the organization integrity. The amnesiac drugs in this setting are pretty perfect so there wouldn't really be memory lapses if everything went according to the plan. However, exceptions do happen so yes. You could RP out the amnesia part too and as an added bonus if your character would want to keep those surfacing memories they would have to keep them secret as the organization would redo the procedure and it would not fail the second time.

Okay, that makes sense. I'll definitely be going along the amnesia/surfacing memories route. Hope to have a character up soon. :)
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Sain

@Lustful Bride. Short answer: Investigation. The agents will be up to most actiony tasks too, but the problems will be solved more with investigation and creative application of pseudo science.

@Reia. Alright, looking forward to it.

Lustful Bride

Count me in. Is it okay if we use drawn pictures instead of real people/actors for our characters?

Sain

Neat. Two agents would be enough, but I'll wait a little bit to see if more are interested before whopping out an OOC thread. I suppose artwork is fine too, so long as one agent is not a gritty model and the other a sparkling anime character  :P

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Sain on December 23, 2014, 10:33:47 AM
Neat. Two agents would be enough, but I'll wait a little bit to see if more are interested before whopping out an OOC thread. I suppose artwork is fine too, so long as one agent is not a gritty model and the other a sparkling anime character  :P

Okay, I just ask because im finding it hard to find a good female picture that does not have overt amounts of T and A. is it okay if I send you an image or two and let you decide if they are okay?

Sain

Go ahead. If both of you prefer drawn artwork to models though, we can lift my previous preference limit as I imposed it merely to keep the theme consistent.

Lustful Bride

Name: Lillith Kenneth ‘Maniac” Marshal.

Sex/age:  Female, 26 years old (she thinks) she is also not 100% sure about her own sexuality after the distribution of the Amnesiac.

Physical description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Though she usually keeps her hair in a bun to prevent it from getting caught on anything and haslearned to have at least 7 other pairs of glasses in this line of duty.

Personality/identity: Lillith is unsure how she received the nick name ‘maniac’ when she is a usually calm person and cares about her duty to protecting civilians from the mind breaking beings the SCP strives to contain. She dresses appropriately She would rather see many of them destroyed but she knows that her job is to follow orders and contain. While she is very serious and puts her work before many things, that does not mean she is heartless. In fact her heart is her greatest flaw, whenever civilians are in danger it will give her pause. She is also a sentimental woman, she is thankful that she got to keep the Desert Eagle from her time in the UIU and keeps a small journal with herself to record her thoughts and memories, finding them to be very valuable now that almost a year of her life is gone.

Lillith however has begin to re earn the name Maniac, due to her attitude and belief that the ends justify the means. 'It takes a wolf to protect the sheep.' As she is so fond of saying. So if she must blow up a building full of people to stop a being that would burn down the entire city, she would do it. It would hurt her and haunt her thoughts and dreams, but she would do it with little hesitation.

Background: Lillith was recruited out of the FBI's Unusual Incident's Unit (UIU) after managing to stop a Siren in a small seaside lake town and nearly loosing her hearing when she discovered first hand that Siren's could emit a horribly loud wail hat nearly damaged her inner ears. Her files say she joined up mostly for the paycheck, which leaves Lilith wondering how different of a person she was before the Amnesiac. She doesn't know what missions she has been on before or what types of SCPs she has encountered, she only knows she is a member of the SCP and as such has a duty to protect the innocent, no matter the cost. Unbeknownst to her, several pages of her journals had been altered over time to better transition her to her new personality as well as making sure her newer memories slowly grow into place so that they feel as normal as possible.

(I made a small change, hope it helps, im never sure how to handle mind altering and such.)

Sain

Loos alright to me. One thing to note; the SCP did not simply remove memories. They instilled new ones which the subject would not be able to tell apart from their other memories (except if something messes with their mind or the procedure was unsuccessful). They'd likely forged new pages for Lillith's journal as well to match whatever fake past she was given.

Lustful Bride

I tried ot make changes, hopefully they work, im not very good at mind control and altered memory stuff.  :P

Will we encounter SCPs we know or all new ones created by your hand?

Will we get to pick our gear or is that up to you? Also wont you be joining us as an agent, Sain?

Sain

Tbh I haven't played much memory stuff too, but it seemed appropriate from reading through some SCP.

There will likely be other SCP's too from the site, but I have not yet decided which ones. However the new as of yet unclassified ones related to the story will be the main focus.

I was thinking that you would have a "whatever you need" standard package in the van as you go into the town, but your basic setup you can decide yourself. The van would have hazmat suits, all sorts of scanners, different weaponry for most occasions, small field lab etc.

I was going to direct the NPCes and the events. I'm not very comfortable in playing a full PC in a game where I'm also the main GM. However, I might play some fellow co-worker agents. The NPCes will likely stick around after they've been established, but I won't be keeping them in the spotlight.

If either of you has a preference of where on the light to extreme spectrum to place the game, now would be a good time to express it. I'll look into putting up an OOC/character sheet thread soon after hearing your opinions on it.

Lustful Bride

Im perfectly fine with extreme stuff and all that. Thakns for the answers.  ;D