Interest check: Yu-gi-oh Academy rp

Started by Silk, September 14, 2012, 08:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

true 8000 is better but seeing as were going to be doing a post per turn it could take years to get four duels done

Gensokian

True, true, but wasn't it also suggested by Silk that DN could be used for the duels, so long that the results are recorded? Well, I can see how it'd be a problem for me, 'cause I'd be using custom cards, but for most others, it could be used. I also think that, for some duels (especially to move a plot point), some duels should be "rigged." In other words, the result will be known before the end of the duel. Again, mostly for moving plot points, like the villains' motives and getting a few characters to get motivation and such.

ZameRagues

We'll need a place to store the deck lists for everyone while we do the rating duels.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

I could go for that. I also think that we're far enough along that a thread for character bios and deck lists can be posted for the RP. I know I've got my bio almost ready to go. Just need to decide on a pic...

Also, Silk, can I PM you my custom cards for your review, just to get it out of the way?

DigitLninja

Deck list should be included in the Character Sheet.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Silk

Sorry guys been a bit busy last few days so things are getting delayed. If someone wants to take over me from GM for the time being your welcome, other than that please be patient <3

Gensokian

Eh...I think I'll try it out. If you could give me details so I don't mess anything up, I'll do my best. I've done this before, so I should be adequate enough. >w>

Gensokian

Alright, it's been determined that the character sheets will go in here. Please, follow this format:

Name:
sex:
Sexual preference:
Appearance/description: (picture or description acceptable)
History:
Deck: (Be sure to number your cards [i.e. 1. Kuriboh 2. Kuriboh 3. Dark Magician] so that you can follow the dice bot format)

After there's an adequate amount of character sheets, the official thread will start, or so I am told. So, let's get shaking, lads n' lasses. I'll add my own character sheet when there's a few up.

azzmeister89

alright, i might be having a busy weekend at work so i wont be able to sort mine out until monday

ZameRagues

Name: Zame Ragues
Sex: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
Appearance/description: [>-/o]
History: Born to a struggling single mother, the first to survive of three children, Zame lived a sheltered life. At a young age, his mother married and over time improved their lives. Settling down in the states, life was fairly easy; a few good friends, decent in school, and minimal money problems. His mother still sheltered Zame however, rarely letting him spend time with his friends outside of school. Dueling was simply a game amongst Zame and his friends, though when they told him they were going to Duel Academy, he was less then happy. After a few days thinking it over, Zame followed his friends to Duel Academy. Only informing her after he had left, it was difficult, though it took time he managed to convince it was a good idea.
Deck:
Depth of Power
1. Dark Mimic Lv 1
2. Dark Mimic Lv 1
3. Dark Mimic Lv 1
4. Magician of Faith
5. Blackwing - Mistral The Silver Shield
6. Fleur Synchron
7. Cyber Jar
8. Sangan
9. Spirit Reaper
10. Dark Mimic Lv 3
11. Marshmallon
12. Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
13. Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
14. Dark Grepher
15. Phantom of Chaos
16. Snipe Hunter
17. Snipe Hunter
18. Satellite Cannon
19. Chaos Sorcerer
20. White-Horned Dragon
21. Dark Armed Dragon
22. Dark Armed Dragon
23. The Dark Creator
24. Beast King Barbaros
25. Dark Horus
26. Van'Dalgyon The Dark Dragon Lord
27. Bait Doll
28. Monster Reincarnation
29. Foolish Burial
30. Gold Sarcophagus
31. Hand Destruction
32. Hand Destruction
33. Tribute of The Doomed
34. Burial from a Different Dimension
35. Reasoning
36. Reasoning
37. Monster Reborn
38. Dark Illusion
39. Dark Illusion
40. Dark Illusion
41. Zoma The Spirit
42. Zoma The Spirit
43. Zoma The Spirit
44. Starlight Road
45. Metal Reflect Slime
46. Sakuretsu Armor
47.Damage Condenser
48.Forced Back
49.Blast with Chain
Extra Deck
1. Ally of Justice Catastor
2. Chevalier De Fleur
3. Mist Wurm
4. Stardust Dragon
5. Red Dragon Archfiend
6. Black-Winged Dragon
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

DigitLninja

Appearance/description:

Name: Sol Varon
sex: Male
Sexual preference: Straight
History:
Born and raised in Egypt by two American parents Sol grew up learning the true history of the desert lands as according to Solomon Muto and Arthur Hawkins. He spent most of his life exploring the safer parts of the tombs his parents had discovered, playing Duel Monster and learning all he could about the history between the two. During his time in Egypt he became lost from his parents deep in a tomb with very little light, crawling through the darkness Sol thought he saw someone move only to realize he had found a mirror, and after some careful inspection he moved the mirror into what he suspected was the proper position. Sol moved through the room moving mirrors till finally the last one fell into place and with a large rumbling sound a door above him opened and the sun light entered the room and using the mirrors unlocked both the door and a chest that held within it the God of the sun and his own set of powerful cards.

With a few years of collecting under his belt he formed a Deck around the Sun God Horus and before long became an unbeatable opponent, as time moved forward though and new cards were formed he was forced to adapt and chose to make a deck to compensate for the speed of the new decks, with these two powerful decks in hand he was soon accepted into Duel Academy and looks forward to earning a spot in Ra Yellow.

~Decks~

Destiny of Horus

20 Monsters:
1 Dandylion
2 Destiny Hero - Plasma
3 Destiny Hero - Plasma
4 Gravekeeper's Spy
5 Gravekeeper's Spy
6 Gravekeeper's Spy
7 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4
8 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4
9 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4
10 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
11 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
12 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
13 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
14 Jinzo
15 Jinzo
16 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
17 Nimble Momonga
18 Nimble Momonga
19 Nimble Momonga
20 Spirit Reaper

17 Spells:
21 Brain Control
22 Enemy Controller
23 Fires of Doomsday
24 Fires of Doomsday
25 Heavy Storm
26 Level Modulation
27 Level Up!
28 Level Up!
29 Level Up!
30 My Body as a Shield
31 My Body as a Shield
32 Mystical Space Typhoon
33 Pot of Avarice
34 Scapegoat
35 Shrink
36 Smashing Ground
37 Soul Exchange

3 Traps:
38 Magic Cylinder
39 Mirror Force
40 Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

Dragons of S.O.L.

20 Monsters:
1 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
2 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
4 Masked Dragon
5 Masked Dragon
6 Masked Dragon
7 Mirage Dragon
8 Mirage Dragon
9 Prime Material Dragon
10 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
11 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
12 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
13 Red-Eyes Wyvern
14 Red-Eyes Wyvern
15 Red-Eyes Wyvern
16 The White Stone of Legend
17 The White Stone of Legend
18 The White Stone of Legend
19 Totem Dragon
20 Totem Dragon

14 Spells:
21 Burst Stream of Destruction
22 Burst Stream of Destruction
23 Dragon's Mirror
24 Dragon's Mirror
25 Dragon's Mirror
26 Future Fusion
27 Giant Trunade
28 Mystical Space Typhoon
29 Mystical Space Typhoon
30 Nobleman of Crossout
31 Nobleman of Crossout
32 Stamping Destruction
33 Stamping Destruction
34 Stamping Destruction

6 Traps:
35 Call of the Haunted
36 Return from the Different Dimension
37 Royal Decree
38 Royal Decree
39 Sakuretsu Armor
40 Sakuretsu Armor

12 Extra
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon x2
Five-Headed Dragon x2
Ancient Fairy Dragon x2
Black Rose Dragon x1
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
Red Dragon Archfiend x2
Stardust Dragon x2

~Music~

Stronger by ShadyVox
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Gensokian

Alright, a couple of things I'm going to mention is that for Zame, it said in the first post that Silk would like us to stick with Synchro, since she doesn't really get Xyz too well, and for Sol, Brain Control is banned from use, and as far as the Dragon deck goes, we hit a new banlist, and depending on how Silk wants to go with it, you'd have to change it up, as Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon has been limited to 1 per deck, and Future Fusion, Giant Trunade, and Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier is banned from use.

ZameRagues

Sorry, the list was copied from a previous thread, I forgot I had those in their.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

DigitLninja

I have found that following the ban lists for these games tend to make them impossible, we have at least two members who haven't seen the most recent ban lists and probably have no idea what to update there decks with.

That and I have no intention of changing my decks, so I would drop out if we follow the ban lists.
Quotes to Live by:

Gensokian

It's unfortunate that you say that. I mean, if you would need help with your decks, I'd be more than happy to give you some tips. I don't really think that it'd make them impossible, though, considering that the banlist is what all duelists who actually play the game go by; you'd think it'd make things a lot better.

DigitLninja

This game has been in a downward spiral since synchro monsters were released. It was a game of intelligence that became a speed and power related beat down with no thoughts into style and strategy... because the strategy became the same damn thing for everyone, get as many synchro monsters on the field at once and blow them away before they can do the same.

That's why I keep my Horus deck the way it is and ignore ban lists, because until all synchro's are removed there's not much intelligence or style or fun in the game anymore, it's why I made a dragon deck that allows me to have synchro's as back up but also makes it so I never have to touch a synchro monster... and why I hate the ban list for killing my deck before I ever got to use it.
Quotes to Live by:

Gensokian

Yeesh, that's harsh. Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, and hope that others share your thoughts. Honestly, I liked what synchros brought to the table; sure, they changed the landscape of the game, but sometimes, you need something fresh, and people capitalized on what they were given. So, while old-schoolers tend to think they ruined the game, I think they expanded it. To each their own, I guess. :/

DigitLninja

Indeed, and I don't mean to offend too much, but when the only way to win is to use one particular type of card and suddenly all sense of individuality is lost to the decks it just kinda ruined it for me.

My Horus deck literally evolved with time, every time I played one of my best friends he beat me down with Horus and my hatred for him eventually became respect for the card, once I had a basic Horus deck going I began to figure out that if I had trap cards locked down as well then my Horus would be protected so I played around with the idea and figured Jinzo was the solution so I found a way to incorporate him, when I was in college I realized that the biggest threat to Horus and Jinzo was monster effects and I needed a card that could stop said effects, eventually I discovered Destiny Hero - Plasma held that effect and what cards would be needed for him to be useful and my lock down deck was made.

This deck literally evolved with me, I even had plans to find a card that would take care of effects from the hand so things like Honest would stop being an issue, but then Synchro monsters are introduced and suddenly every deck is too slow. I couldn't get my monsters out fast enough and my deck was one of the faster decks. Suddenly I was being killed on turn 2 and my deck was a joke to everyone but my close friends. It was painful.
Quotes to Live by:

Silk

I'll put this out now.

I don't like synchro, I don't like XYZ, i don't even know the mechanics behind xyz which is why I don't want them in.

But with synchro, I'll make this a steadfast rule. I want the synchros people have to actually be from the themes of the deck. So no black rose dragon in a scrap warrior deck for example. There is more than enough themes in the game now. I want this game to be about the fun and interaction of the universe, not a tornament style everyones hyper competative.

The closer decks are to a theme, the happier I am. I don't want to be strict on this, but animes at least, people kept to their themes, not try to min-max everything. I don't mind some deviation of course. But that core has to be there. :)

Which also brings me to the banlist, I might be willing to allow banlist cards for the theme they come from. So like the ice barrier banned card, I might allow for dragon or ice barrier decks, but I wouldn't allow it in a dark magician based deck for e.g.

Main cause for cards getting banned is that their being used out of context of the themes that they were intended and their abilities exploited in other fashions.

DigitLninja

thanks silk, I'll make sure my decks correspond.
Quotes to Live by:

azzmeister89

Phew my decks safe then, i havn't changed it since YUGIOH GX first introduced the armed dragon lv ten apart from adding synco monsters to my fusion deck and one tuner, my cards are all dragon though

Silk

Well i do want it more the winner is the one who used their deck better, not who had the better deck

azzmeister89

ZameRagues

Awesome I can drop in a couple cards the list forced me to remove.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Gensokian

Alright, before I make Malchovitch's profile, I'd like to ask all of you on your opinion for my custom archetype for his deck. I've already gotten Silk's approval, but I want to make sure no one has any qualms with the idea.

The thread that contains them is here, so if you could read the cards and tell me your opinions, that would be much obliged.