A Specific Need... (M seeking... partner)

Started by shengami, December 08, 2021, 08:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shengami

So, first and foremost, I don't want a partner writing sub or even passive. I want a writing PARTNER. I am emphasizing partner. I want someone to be my equal in writing. I hope I am not too conceited in saying that this is not easy. My writing is not amazing, but it is at a higher than normal level. More, my plotting and worldbuilding are at higher levels. It all comes from being an English Major plus nearly thirty years of Tabletop RPG and even dabbling in writing fiction. So, I really, really, really want to find someone who can stand up to that, push back against it, and challenge my writing. Now, this is about your writing, not your character. If you can write a sub personality in a way that challenges my writing, come at me!

And maybe I mean that? Come at me? Challenge me, outwrite me, make me feel exasperated that I cannot keep up! It gets the dopamine flowing. I don't know why yet.

Secondly, I am craving Fantasy and Action right now. I've been craving them for months and have not scratched the itch. It's starting to chafe. High fantasy, low fantasy, dark fantasy, post-apocalypse fantasy, modern fantasy: it's all good. The fantastic element has always drawn my muse. The plethora of cultures, the myriad of alien minds, the... diverse biology? But, I also adore world-building, so I prefer OC fantasy to AU or Canon. Still, I am willing to play in a canon world if the story is right. I tend to really avoid canon characters or ships. Add to the need for fantasy, I am craving to write action and have been practicing my "show don't tell" recently. I've been trying to avoid overt exposition in my writing. That can be daunting one both my end and my partner's. Still, writing action scenes has been of deep interest to me for sometimes. How to describe the organic sense, motion, and emotion in a dynamic way.

Anyway, I hope the above is not to acerbic. Perhaps this is a baited line that will produce no results? Maybe even sanction? I've just gotten frustrated recently and am opening up the faucet of my thoughts a bit more than usual. So, anyone game? Check out my profiles, O/Os. and writing history. I hope to see you around. At this juncture, I am open to nearly anything.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread