News:

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup

Started by Nico, June 07, 2010, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phobetor

Quote from: Kit on July 02, 2010, 04:38:38 PM
He hit the ball away from the goal with his hand...it was a mad scramble at the goal. He took one for the team. He did good :D

Sonofabitch that's why I <3 that man! He's a FANTASTIC player!!! Too bad he won't play next time though =/
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Nice to see justice finally catch up with Dunga--however in the defence of Brazil it should, of course, be impossible to get sent off for anything against Arjen Robben.
Oh and I suppose it would be nice to see Uruguay crash out in the semi-finals so that the handball is Suarez's last act of the tournament, if for no other reason than the comedic value of it all.

Kitsunetsuki

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 02, 2010, 04:40:42 PM
Sonofabitch that's why I <3 that man! He's a FANTASTIC player!!! Too bad he won't play next time though =/

Agreed!! ;D I luff him...*sigh*
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Lithos

I have insider information on tomorrow's match:

Octopus oracle Paul predicts Germany's victory - no comment
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Phobetor

O_O

Make it not be true! ;)

Well no matter what the Octopus says...I'm still rootin' for Messi!
Taking a break from E.

Ramster

Grape, allow me to join you in cheering for Suarez! He'll be crying in the stands when they play Holland, as he's played for Ajax for years now and his Dutch is not half bad. As I'm a big Ajax fan, he's been one of my heroes for years. Met him in an night club here once surrounded by beautiful  ladies and had a beer with him. What a man, and what a game indeed!

Luis Suarez Ajax Goals Enjoy.
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Imogen

And here's to hoping he'll stay for many years to come! Amsterdam has kinda adopted him!

BTW, did you see that Fucile was batting at the ball as well? Shame he didn't hit it, he was out for the next match already and we'd have gotten to enjoy Suarez again.... On the other hand, as a Dutchie and .... nevermind that!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ridcully

3h 30min till

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
that I still need your love after all the wrong tactics

You won't believe me
All you will see is a star you once knew
Although he's heartbroken over the loss
when Germany made us blue

I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't leave Messie on the field
when Germany scored the 3-0, I felt the guilt,

So I chose Higuain
Running around, trying everything new
But nothing impressed Germany at all
I never expected it to

Chorus:

Just cry for today Argentina
The truth is Germany beat you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I couldn't beat the Krauts
who are now loved by the crowds....

And as for fortune, and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

They are illusions
They are not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
I should have played myself

Just cry for today Argentina
The truth is Germany beat you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I couldn't beat the Krauts
who are now loved by the crowds....
(Backround Humming chorus)

(chorus)

Have I said too much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you.
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true

Malina

Phew, yesterday was exciting to watch. Oranje, yay!  XD Well done, indeed! That was excellent football, too.

Uruguay, too, well done! Not played too well by either team, but what a match, especially towards the end, that last minute handball, Ghana's botched penalty, whooooot!  XD I was glad they won, they're such a tiny country, trainer and team muy simpático. I was rather torn during that game, as I would also have wanted, for Africa's dream, that Ghana would win, but Uruguay didn't get nearly this far in forty years, I think, and played while almost the whole stadium and the entire continent cheered for the other team, they deserved it, too, struggled valiantly, and won my heart.

Today? I'll probably hate watching the first game. I must see it, of course, but... The one team I cannot stand, never could stand, is Argentina, team Emo. I want the German team to win, not because I was football-patriotic (I'd have been perfectly fine with their losing against England, for example), but - I don't want to have to see Argentina play again in this World Cup. It's not the country or its people, but what I've seen of their football, of how the players play, act, playact, and behave during, outside of, and after games. As a team, I like them just as little as I like Ronaldo as a single player (which was enough for me to cheer for Spain with enthusiasm, although I like Portugal just as well, otherwise, and not even mind they won 01:0 by the perhaps most tragic referee mistake so far in this Cup).

Argentina's players seem terribly whiny three quarters of the time. How they always seem to roll over and over and over as if they'd been knocked off their feet by a train, when they've only been pushed by another player, or fell over their own feed trying to push someone, or while pretending to have been pushed/fouled... They act as if they were in an agony of pain, and usually, when they go down with a huge tantrum, it's nothing. This alone is annoying to the point of mildly disgusting, add to it their interpretation of fair play and the manner in which they react to defeat, and - I cannot have respect for them, feel for them or wish them luck. I know they play successful football, but the way they do it just isn't what I want to see.

I'm so glad the weather here has become so unbearable my friend decided public viewing was no temptation, after all, so, I'll not suffer alone (-> I must stay at home). It's not at all that I'm convinced out team will lose, I simply hate watching Argentina play so much, and if there's one team I'd truly not want ours to lose against in the entire World Cup, it's this one.

What a relief we'll play first, so that there'll be another game in the evening... go, Spain, go! And good luck for Paraguay, too! XD

Izu

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Phobetor

Ridcully you are a talented individual lol ;)

You know what I hate? I hate the time difference! Because I normally wake up at 9 AM and today I was lally-gagging and guess what I missed?! The friggin Germany Goal!!!

BTW: Messi just botched a free kick. *grumbles* sonofabitch.
Taking a break from E.

Izu

Let's see this free kick now....

Phobetor

*facepalm*

Oh it's okay, Argentina. Get upset. There was only FOUR of you Offsides!
Taking a break from E.

Izu

Arhys

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on July 03, 2010, 09:37:43 AM
*facepalm*

Hahaha, I know.  So much drama...same with the hand foul.

Germany is playing well though, hope they hold on to the confidence in the second without getting cocky.

Imogen

Quote*facepalm*

That was hilarious!

I'm Dutch, and usually don't cheer for Germany...but boys, keep up the good work!!! -cheer!!!-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ridcully

Argentinia - Referee 0-1

Also on the field: Germany. Helping Argentinia to constantly complain about their opponent in red.

Imogen

LOL Ridcully. I don't think Argentina needs an opponent at all to complain. They wouldn't notice if the field were empty with their dives and theatrics. A shame really, as the bad eclipses the good; they make it too easy for us to forget to beautiful play they're capable of.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Awww, Argentina... *cries for Argentina*  Malina is absolutely right, but I'm cheering for them anyway. Why? Because I want to see Maradona absolutely lose it, jump up and give Messi a big sloppy kiss on the mouth if and when they win.

Why must all the teams I like get knocked out?  Why? Why?!? This is karmic retribution, I suppose, for laughing at Italy's and France's woes.

After finally seeing the second half of the game yesterday, I'm convinced that the Dutch win was due to three things:

1. Luck
2. Brazil completely and totally losing their composure and discipline
3. More luck

Oh, well, Brazil.  You'll dominate 2014 like a woman named Madame Pain dominates a beer-bellied 40-year old divorced accountant from Topeka.

Malina

Okay, I must say this much, Argentina plays a lot fairer than usual, it's actually something one can enjoy watching for once. So far...  :D

Argh!!! We're having such wild thunderstorms here, now, the programme's being affected.  >:( Nonononononooooo! :'(

Ahem - Ridicully, a 'dive', is that's what a Schwalbe is called in English?

Imogen

Well, lets see if Maradonna can do a Van Marwijk and turn this game around :-)

It would be worth seeing...true...but if Germany keeps playing like in the first 45 mins.... I have my doubts!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Malina

It's unbelievable, the only programme/channel down is the one showing the game!  :o *curses*

It's back!!!!!!!  XD

Arhys

Quote from: Malina on July 03, 2010, 10:01:07 AM
Ahem - Ridicully, a 'dive', is that's what a Schwalbe is called in English?

As I know it, yes.  And sorry the channel with the game is down!  still?

Phobetor

Is it just me or is Argentina just off?! I mean it's not just the whining/drama but some of the plays they make...Germany is just snatching the ball away so easily!
Taking a break from E.

Izu

GOOOAALLL!!!  Beeeauuuutiful!!!