Interest Check [Pathfinder -Skull & Shackles]: Casting Complete.

Started by Callie Del Noire, July 10, 2012, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
I'm competing with Ixy?  Boo!  *Would love another chance to play with her.*

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Hy Katina-- boo indeed.  I miss ya. 
We can link characters..?  Might make it more enticing to keep us both.  Plus, you're far better at the mechanics than I am.

Katina Tarask

I'd love to, but there is still the small matter of there only being one slot left.

*Looks at the GM.*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:40:20 PM
I'd love to, but there is still the small matter of there only being one slot left.

*Looks at the GM.*

Uh.  Well you can't go below a 7 in an attribute in point buy? 
Bolts for cover.

Katina Tarask

Yes you can.  Racial penalties and age penalties.  It's possible to play a character with a starting strength of 1.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Katina Tarask on July 14, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
I'm competing with Ixy?  Boo!  *Would love another chance to play with her.*

Anyways, I find the whole, "The party must have a healer," thing terribly overrated.  Worst case, a little extra down time covers it.  Healing's a between-encounters thing anyways.At level 1, six CLWs trumps two spell slots anyways.

Plus, when we get a couple levels under our belts, "BYOH" (bring your own healing) is an apt mentality.  Either UMD some cure wands (what I'll be doing if all goes to plan) or buy a bunch of potions when you get a chance =P

Muse

Quote from: Isengrad on July 14, 2012, 01:29:50 PM
Actually, a single person can only be healed by the hex once every 24 hours. But it looks like she can use that hex an unlimited number of times. Say she heals jacob with it, he would not be able to benefit from it again until 24 hours have passed, but she can heal the rest of the party or the whole crew without expending a spell for the day.

Isengaurd is correct.  Most hexes work that way.  :) 

May I suggest the Hedge Witch substitution?  They give up two hexes, but can spontaneously heal.  If she uses her feats for Extra hex, she can start with goodies like Cauldron and Healing. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Callie Del Noire

I MIGHT go as high as seven players but it would depend on the mix. Some parts of the Adventures path have been called killer

Callie Del Noire

I have to admit the more I read/see of witches the more effective they seem. They can be REALLY nasty in a fight.. my Pathfinder Society Game had a 2nd level one that was evil eyeing/misfortuning/cackling the foes.

Ixy

Here's what I came up with:
Odhiel, Half-Orc Druid

Edited out the gillman witch.  Thanks for the opportunity, hope this one's accepted.

Katina Tarask

Gasp!  How dare thine healer have a strength stat?  What are you, trying to actually do things besides patching Figh Tor's wounds?  For shame!

Ixy

nay, nay!  she hath but one strength stat, and I shall guarantee to use it poorly, i avow!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on July 14, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
nay, nay!  she hath but one strength stat, and I shall guarantee to use it poorly, i avow!

Yeah.. till she gets wild shape and gets her own theme music! (da da da da ....) OM NOM OM NOM.... <insert bloody spot>

Callie Del Noire

Thank you everyone for their patience with me. Particularly Katina and Ixy.

Players should move to the OOC for comments/questions/yelling at the DM.

Game Threads:
Character Thread
Skull & Shackles: OOC
Skull & Shackles: Book 1