The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(High to Epic level Pathfinder)

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 05, 2011, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Problem is that many of those items are clearly better than anything else that's in the same price range.  Take for example the Heartseeker Amulet from the Magic Item Compendium.  3000 gp, swift action to activate.  3/day, you may activate it and your next melee attack is made as a touch attack.  Considering that it's made from the True Strike spell, it should be based off of the Quickened level...meaning that it should be closer to 50,000 gp, at least.  Don't remember the exact calculation, but I've done it before.

Zaer Darkwail

More likely the amulet should been done by Wraithstrike spell which does exact same thing but is 2th level spell. As limited charge item.

Myrleena

Even so, the price was WAY off...and Wraithstrike is one example of the extreme power creep that hit 3.5 as additional supplements came out.  Mind, that item is one of the worst I've seen.  As for other items...feel free to ask me or Mystic in thread or via PM.  Just be aware we may choose to deny any item you ask about.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Myrleena on February 13, 2011, 12:02:17 PM
Even so, the price was WAY off...and Wraithstrike is one example of the extreme power creep that hit 3.5 as additional supplements came out.  Mind, that item is one of the worst I've seen.  As for other items...feel free to ask me or Mystic in thread or via PM.  Just be aware we may choose to deny any item you ask about.

Ok, understood. But would greater weapon augment crystal (acidic version) be too much to ask? thinked add to my whip acidic quality but price jumps roofs to go from +6 to +7.

Myrleena

From Mystic and I's conversation on the subject: No augment crystals, they bypass a major balancing factor of weapon costs, the multipliers based on how many enchantments they have.

Second, we do not want tons of items from 3.5.  Few of them were playtested or examined as closely as they should have been.  Therefore...probably best to just assume all of them are banned.

Myrleena

Thorn14

Ruleset: Pathfinder
Player: Thorn

Character Name: Kalen
Alignment: CG
Height & Weight
Hair Color: Dirty Blond
Eye Color: Bright Green
XP:  600,000

Class & Level: Investigator Rogue 16
Race: Human
Init: +7
Speed: 30 ft.

Str 12,
Dex 24
Con 18,
Int 18,
Wis 16,
Cha 14

HP: 183
AC: 29(31) (+9 Armor, +6 Dex, +3 Deflection, +1 Shield +1 Dodge +3 Enchantment(when using defending weapon))
Touch: 21
Flat-Footed: 25

Fort Save: +14 (+5 Base, +4 Con, +5 Resist)
Ref Save:  +22 (+10 Base, +7 Dex, +5 Resist)
Will Save: +13 (+5 Base, +3 Wis, +5 Resist)

BA: +12/+7/+2
CMB: +13
CMD: 35

Attacks:
+5 Ice Burst Rapier +22/+17/+12/ (1d8+1 /15-20/2)
+3 Defending Kukri +18/+12/+8 (1d4+1 18-20/x2)

+5 Ice Burst Rapier +24/+19/+14/ (1d8+1 /15-20/2) (By itself)
+3 Defending Kukri +22/+17/+12 (1d4+1 18-20/x2) (By itself)

Skills:

SKILL   Total + Ability Mod. + Ranks + Misc.
Acrobatics*   +26 = DEX 7+16+3
Appraise   +15 = INT 4+8+3
Bluff   +17 = CHA 2+12+3
Diplomacy   +21 = CHA 2+16+3
Disable Device*†   +26 = DEX 7+16+3
Disguise   +11 = CHA 2+6+3
Escape Artist*   +24 = DEX 7+14+3
Intimidate   +17 = CHA 2+12+3
K (Dungeoneering)†   +21 = INT 4+14+3
K (History)†   +20 = INT 4+16+0  **Int Bonus Skill**
K (Local)†   +17 = INT 4+10+3
K (Nobility)†   +12 = INT 4+8+0
Linguistics†   +13 = INT 4+6+3
Perception   +27 = WIS 3+16+8
Sense Motive   +27 = WIS 3+16+3
Sleight of Hand*†   +20 = DEX 3+14+3
Stealth*   +26 = DEX 7+16+3
Swim*   +6 = STR 1+2+3
Use Magic Device†   +21 = CHA 2+16+3

Languages:
Common, Elf, Dwarf, Undercommon, Orc, Draconic, Infernal, Celestial, Abyssal, Sylvan, Goblin

Follow Up (Ex) An investigator can roll twice on any Diplomacy check made to gather information, and receives the information for both results. This takes the same amount of time as one check. If the lesser of the two checks reveals false information, the rogue is aware of it.
False information is not revealed in this way if the people she questioned do not know it to be false.
This ability replaces trapfinding.

Evasion (Ex) At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex) A rogue of 8th level or higher can no longer be flanked.
This defense denies another rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.

Trap Sense (Ex) At 3rd level, a rogue gains an intuitive sense that alerts her to danger from traps, giving her a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise to +2 when the rogue reaches 6th level, to +3 when she reaches 9th level, to +4 when she reaches 12th level, to +5 at 15th

Coax Information (Ex): A rogue with this talent can use Bluff or Diplomacy in place of Intimidate to force an opponent to act friendly toward her. Source: Advanced

Hard to Fool (Ex): Once per day, a rogue with this talent can roll two dice while making a Sense Motive check, and take the better result. She must choose to use this talent before making the Sense Motive check. A rogue can use this ability one additional time per day for every 5 rogue levels she possesses.

Offensive Defense** (Ex): When a rogue with this talent hits a creature with a melee attack that deals sneak attack damage, the rogue gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC for each sneak attack die rolled.

Follow Clues (Ex): A rogue with this talent can use Perception to follow tracks as per the Survival skill.

Thoughtful Reexamining (Ex): Once per day, a rogue with this talent can reroll a Knowledge, Sense Motive, or Perception skill check to try to gain new or better information from the roll. This reroll can be made any time during the same day as the original check.

Hunter’s Surprise (Ex): Once per day, a rogue with this talent can designate a single enemy she is adjacent to as her prey. Until the end of her next turn, she can add her sneak attack damage to all attacks made against her prey, even if she is not flanking it or it is not flat-footed.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This works like evasion, except that while the rogue still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, she henceforth takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Resiliency (Ex): Once per day, a rogue with this ability can gain a number of temporary hit points equal to the rogue's level. Activating this ability is an immediate action that can only be performed when she is brought to below 0 hit points. This ability can be used to prevent her from dying. These temporary hit points last for 1 minute. If the rogue's hit points drop below 0 due to the loss of these temporary hit points, she falls unconscious and is dying as normal.

Feats:
Toughness
Critical Focus
Dodge
Improved Critical (Rapier)
Two-Weapon Fighting
Two-Weapon Defense
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
Weapon Finesse

98320 Ice Burst Rapier +5
32308 Defending Kukri +3
28700 Glamored Mithril Shirt +5
18000Ring Protection +3
25000 Cloak of Resistance +5
10000 Headband of Mental Prowess +2 (Int + Wis)
40000 Belt of Physical Might +4 (Dex Constitution)
7500 Periapt of Health
3500 Lens of Detection
2000 Handy Haversack
21000 Wand of Greater Invisibility
21000 Wand of Freedom of Movement    
4500  Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Adventuring Gear:
Bedroll 1SP
Crowbar 2SP
Flint and Steel 1GP
4 Masterwork Manacles 200 GP
Powder x10 10cp
100 feet of silk rope 20GP
Tent Medium 15GP
Waterskin 1GP
Watch, pocket 250 GP
10 torches 10cp

2586 GP

Appearance: Kalen stands at a less than imposing 5'2". She keeps her neck long hair lose with a black orchid tied into her hair. She has a generous figure that is generally kept in check, but not completely hidden. Kalen's deep green eyes stand out and betray her generally disinterested look she has when in a neutral mood. She keeps her two weapon on her at all times, including her gear. She's no adventurer, but when she's on the job, its easy for someone to mistake her for one.
When working for clients of a more refined taste, she uses the magic of her armor to give her a loose white silk dress with a golden lining that shows off her figure a bit more, giving a bit of a cleavage. She hates this outfit, and rarely wears it on the job, unless she has to use more of a seductive or social part to her job.
While actually doing what she loves, investigation, she turns her armor into a silk fencing outfit, still with the gold lining, that holds to her frame a little but not as tightly. She wears black tight silk trousers that goes with the outfit and an elaborate belt and gloves.

History: Kalen grew up the black sheep of a family of nobles, detesting the life style, and the slime ball politics that went with it. However, she still cared for her family, and stood by their wishes to become a noblewoman. However, she found out her parents set up an arranged marriage with a lord that was well known for having wives with terribly short lifespans. She ran from her home and began working for the more nasty sort of people. Thief life was generally not for her however, despite her being a natural at it. She still wanted to do good, and instead turned to using her talents in finding snitches and money dodgers into helping the local police finding  Sadly, the pay sucked. Hard. And she found herself falling to her greed, and working for the nobles she hated so much. They paid the big bugs. 5 years later and she was one of the top investigator for anyone who wanted to find something, and she had the combat skills to back it up.

She joined the guild  in the hope for more money and perhaps a chance to retire. She did not like the crowd she associated with, but was used to it. She was recruited for her skills, and while she had to spend most of her earnings on her equipment, the chance of a million gold was too good to pass up. She has not signed just yet, wanting to know the details, but is very, very tempted.

Myrleena

Looks fairly accurate...but you ought to put down your class & level, and Race.  Also, you appear to have put in your Attack Bonuses as if you were using Two Weapon Fighting all the time.  You don't necessarily want to do that, as you can only get multiple attacks on a Full Attack, not after moving.  And...do your stats include the enhancement bonuses for the Belt and Headband?  I can't tell.  And what skill does your Headband give max ranks in?  It's set when the item is created, so you have to indicate which it is.

But looks fairly solid for the most part.

Thorn14

Er right, Human and Rogue, forgot.

And okay, I also just put an attack bonus normally without the penalties you think? And If you mean I adjusted my con and int and such? Yeah I did. And the rank was Knowledge History, i'll go mark that.

Thorn14

Finished my fluff, let me know if its fine, and if I can post in the character sheet thread.

I almost made my backstory batman's...

MingMing

Is this game full up or is it still taking players?  :-)
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

ShamshielDF

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Myrleena

Game is still open.  So everyone in the thread is aware, I'll be gone on the morrow, which is why I won't be answering questions then.

Thorn14

Can I post my character sheet in the character thread yet?

Myrleena

Quote from: Thorn14 on February 15, 2011, 03:03:57 PM
Can I post my character sheet in the character thread yet?

...since when did I require people to have approval to post character sheets?  Has there been an impostor going through the threads?! O_O

Thorn14

Myrleena

Mystic Dragon

FYI, we're still accepting new players. The game starts posting this coming Thursday.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"