Looking For A Shadowrun Game.

Started by Blinkin, April 10, 2013, 11:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I know this isn't the usual way that these are done, but what the hell, right?

I played in 1 Shadowrun game back in the 90's and loved it.... but I haven't found one since (with the exception of an aborted game here on E) those months in the early 90's. I've been itching, longing, dreaming of getting into another Shadowrun game for what seems like forever, but I seem to come across them too late to join around here... so I'm asking if anyone out there has a slot open for another player?

My one time experience was with 2nd ed, but I have a 4th ed character and MOST of the core-rule book. The character (Street Sam) was one created for me, and I'd be happy to either adapt that character, or pick up one of the pre-generated characters from the core rules to fit a group's needs. The Street Sam is a 400 pt build, I think.

When I say "Most" of the core rules is that the PDF file is either missing paes, or has some pages as just jibberish, so there are spots that I'm missing and don't know about... but I'm still game to pick up what I don't know on the fly. Definently a team player here!

So... anyone willing to pick me up or start a game for those like me who might be looking for one?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

LunarSage

Are you looking for a system game?  I run a semi-freeform Shadowrun game with Ciosa if you might be interested in that.  Follow the link in my signature for more details.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Blinkin

Thanks for your response. :)

I looked at your interest thread a couple of weeks ago and while I enjoy freeform, I wasn't sure if I could really enjoy the level that it seemed to ask for. I think that I'm looking for a more system based game, with a GM and storyteller. From the looks of it, your's is more the player writing a scene alone and then moving on to the next scene.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

LunarSage

No worries at all.

Fair warning though... in my experience, true system games don't tend to work very well in PbP.  I wish you the best of luck in finding one, however.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Blinkin

Thanks for the offer. I may return to your group and take a closer look at it, but part of what gets me in the setting is the run itself and the interplay between the characters as they build up to it. Part of my search is for someone to offer a framework inwhich the team works. *shrugs* Don't know if it makes any sense or not.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cyrano Johnson

Keep your eyes on this space, Blinkin. I'm part of Lunar and Ciosa's semi-freeform game and am enjoying it, but it's whetted my appetite for something a little more directed and closer to the canonical SR experience too.

Lunar is right that just playing a tabletop game on PbP would be very slow, but I'm currently at work on a Shadowrun-based system game adapted for PBP -- it will be a directed, rules-lite game making use of some of the roleplaying system elements from Burning Wheel -- and I hope to debut a playtest of it sometime mid- to late-next month.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Blinkin

I look forward to seeing it. :)

I would tend to agree that table-top systems don't translate very well to PBP, but they make excellent structural elements for something like character balanace and the basics. If you focus more on the characters and interaction and less on following all of the rules, it can be a fair tradeoff. I just like the feeling that there's an ultimate destination rather than wondering about trying to hit or miss on who's wants to do what. Does that make sense?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cyrano Johnson

Muse

If you can get a GM, I'd love a chance to play.  ^_^;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Ah, Mr. Ah-Muse-In. I thought that I would see you at some point. ;) You follow me around like an amused puppy. lol

If I could get a GM, I would play
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Blinkin on April 11, 2013, 09:33:30 AMYou follow me around like an amused puppy.

I see what you did there...

Blinkin

Muse is one of my favorite people on E; he gave me my first chance at a group game and I have great respect for his writing ability. I poke at him from time to time, but it's all in fun.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cyrano Johnson

Didn't doubt that for a moment!  XD