TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Reno on July 10, 2015, 09:49:39 AM
I was already using it, I've just been working on making the transition from Firefox to Opera (gods, I still miss Lazarus...) so now I don't have to open the other browser to use E. ;)

I may give Opera a go one of these days... I tend to oscillate between FF and Chrome currently depending on what works better for my needs at any given moment.
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Reno

Quote from: Ssieth on July 10, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
I may give Opera a go one of these days... I tend to oscillate between FF and Chrome currently depending on what works better for my needs at any given moment.

I just recently switched from Firefox for purely technical reasons - I'm tired of it taking 10 minutes to scroll down the page on Amazon. >_<

Ssieth

v1.19.0 is out with one new feature:

Drafts
Got half way through a post before RL interrupts? With the new drafts feature you can save a draft for each topic for later retrieval. It's on by default and can be disabled in the usual place. The buttons to save/load and clear drafts are are the bottom of the post box.  Loading a draft doesn't remove it from the collection of drafts so you can, if you want, use it for inserting template text into posts for a particular topic instead (although Snippets are probably a better tool for that).

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on July 13, 2015, 07:45:01 AM
v1.19.0 is out with one new feature:

Drafts
Got half way through a post before RL interrupts? With the new drafts feature you can save a draft for each topic for later retrieval. It's on by default and can be disabled in the usual place. The buttons to save/load and clear drafts are are the bottom of the post box.  Loading a draft doesn't remove it from the collection of drafts so you can, if you want, use it for inserting template text into posts for a particular topic instead (although Snippets are probably a better tool for that).

*bounces around like a Super Ball dropped from a tall building and getting trapped in a bus shelter*

ie. You rock again Ssieth!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on July 13, 2015, 07:54:12 AM
*bounces around like a Super Ball dropped from a tall building and getting trapped in a bus shelter*

ie. You rock again Ssieth!

You're most welcome.  Let me know if the drafts work the way you would want them to.  I had a few decisions to make regarding the interface and I'm not sure I made the right ones...

Ssieth

v1.20.1 (I noticed a bug in 1.20.0 before I posted  ;) ).

I've expanded on drafts and added two new features:

AutoLoad Draft: Loads any draft you have for a topic as soon as you start to post. 
AutoSave Draft: Saves drafts of a post every X minutes (set X to what you want, 0 to have no autosave).

Both new features and the on/off switch for drafts in general have been moved into a new "Drafts" category in the settings UI.

Ssieth

And an update to v1.20.2

Added the ability to automatically clear drafts when you post (useful if you are both auto-saving and auto-loading).

jouzinka

Ssieth, you are made of awesome. The drafts are ah-mazing.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Ssieth

Quote from: jouzinka on July 14, 2015, 10:04:28 AM
Ssieth, you are made of awesome. The drafts are ah-mazing.

Glad to hear that you like them.  I'm running a few things through in my head now about how to have both auto-save and manual drafts co-existing without over-complicating  the UI.  Will let those thoughts percolate on my commute home today and see what I come up with (the bus ride tends to bring out some ideas) :)

I also plan to run the script through JSLint this evening to tidy up any issues I may have introduced in the past few versions :)

Nymphadora

Love the auto-loading of the drafts, Ssieth!

Thanks again for your work!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

New version: v1.21.0

Manual Draft History
As of v1.21.0 you can now opt to keep a number of manually-created drafts (the default is 3).  If you opt to keep them then there is a new Drafts menu added next to the Snippets one above the post box.  That menu will let you select any of the manually saved drafts as well as the auto-save one.  The Load Draft button will still load the latest draft and the auto-load will still load the latest and the auto-clear will still prevent the last draft being loaded the next time you come to the topic.  However, the auto-clear doesn't clear the history.  For that you need to use the "Clear Draft" button.  It's not as confusing as it sounds when you use it, I promise :)

Ssieth

v1.22.0

**User Notes**
Switch it on or off (default on) in general settings.  You can add notes to a user in their profile.  It will show up (only to you) there and when you hover over their name in topics.  The names in topics change to green to show there are notes against a user.

MiaFire

Quote from: Ssieth on June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM
Hi there,

I hope this is the write place to post and apologies if it isn't.  I'm one of those fussy people who never has the feature that they want on a site.  Fortunately, for me at least, I'm also a programmer.  So - I have a tendency to write scripts to tack on the features I desire and then, if I can kludge them into a not-too-buggy state, I make them available for anyone else who also desires the same features.

The scripts work using a firefox plugin called Grease Monkey (http://www.greasespot.net/) or a chrome plugin called Tamper Monkey (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo).

Then you just pop my script in there and it adds in the extra features. 

The script can be found at:  https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver

Feel free to let me know if it's useful, useless, confusing, broken etc :)   If you want other features let me know too :)

So far those features are:

Hide Pictures
This hides avatars and images in posts.  Why?  I wanted the script to be able to hide them at work so I could use Elliquiy without fear of anyone glancing over and getting too interested in what I was doing.

Quick Topics
Bookmarks by another name... this is a drop-down menu that has links to specific topics.  You can set/remove topics with a new button on the topic button bar.

To be honest I created this before I was aware of the bookmarks feature but I like it better as I like my navigation to be all up there in that menu bar.

Snippets
The ability to store frequently used bits of bbcode/text to be pasted into posts/PMs.  I created this to make it easier to post with a standard character header.  The interface is still a bit clunky... to remove a Snippet you have to click "Add Snippet" and then type in the snippet name with no body text.

Hello,

Do you have it posted anywhere the actual step process as to what I do after adding the Tamper Monkey to my Chrome? I have clicked Install on your site a couple times and it says it downloaded, but opening it gives me Runtime Error.

Thanks for any help you can provide. The bookmark feature interests me most, since I have over 150 bookmarks, at least.
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

Ssieth

Quote from: MiaFire on July 16, 2015, 10:31:11 AM

Hello,

Do you have it posted anywhere the actual step process as to what I do after adding the Tamper Monkey to my Chrome? I have clicked Install on your site a couple times and it says it downloaded, but opening it gives me Runtime Error.

Thanks for any help you can provide. The bookmark feature interests me most, since I have over 150 bookmarks, at least.

Hmmm.. that's really odd... does the error just say "Runtime Error" or are there more details? Also - what are you doing to open it?

MiaFire

Quote from: Ssieth on July 16, 2015, 10:33:43 AM
Hmmm.. that's really odd... does the error just say "Runtime Error" or are there more details? Also - what are you doing to open it?

When I go down to the download bar, at the bottom of my screen, to open it, it does it, BUT I am seeing a whole lot of new buttons on some of my E pages too, so maybe it worked, even with telling me the error??
-

Ssieth

The most telling differnce you should see is that the menu bar whee you see Home, Search, Profile etc should have changed to something like the following iist:

Home
    PMs
    BMs
    Members
    Script Settings
    Quick Topics
    Replies

For setting bookmarks, just load you bookmarks list and click the icon to the left of each bookmark.  If it's working you should see a popup window to allow you to tag them.

MiaFire

Great! Thank you. I see that. Time to play with that, once I'm all caught up.

Thanks for all the help. :)
-

Ssieth

Quote from: MiaFire on July 16, 2015, 10:44:48 AM
Great! Thank you. I see that. Time to play with that, once I'm all caught up.

Thanks for all the help. :)

No problem.  I test less frequently on Chrome so it may well be more buggy than on Firefox :)

Good luck :)  You will find most settings/twiddly bits by clicking on the "Script Settings" menu item :)

Rebelle

Ssieth,

I really love this it's so fantastic and have found myself missing it when I am on my phone.. which is woefully dead atm.. But that's another story.

I was wondering if there is anything to get rid of the replies section in the home row?

I stare at it as it says replies[7] and well.. I'm part of big games etc and sometimes those posts don't pertain to me.

I tried turning it off in settings but couldn't find it.

Ssieth

Quote from: Rebelle on July 16, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
Ssieth,

I really love this it's so fantastic and have found myself missing it when I am on my phone.. which is woefully dead atm.. But that's another story.

I was wondering if there is anything to get rid of the replies section in the home row?

I stare at it as it says replies[7] and well.. I'm part of big games etc and sometimes those posts don't pertain to me.

I tried turning it off in settings but couldn't find it.

You are absolutely right.. there is no settting.. I missed it :-S

v1.22.1 is out with the setting in.  It's under General Settings and is pretty obvious :)

Rebelle

Quote from: Ssieth on July 16, 2015, 02:35:51 PM
You are absolutely right.. there is no settting.. I missed it :-S

v1.22.1 is out with the setting in.  It's under General Settings and is pretty obvious :)

Awesome!

Thank you so much!

I'm weird when it comes to the appearance of my browser/site. :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Rebelle on July 16, 2015, 02:39:22 PM
Awesome!

Thank you so much!

I'm weird when it comes to the appearance of my browser/site. :)

No problem.  Weirdly the variable was there to switch it on/off but I hadn't hooked it up to the settings interface...

Ssieth

nonniemouse helped be track down a bug in v1.22.1 with users who didn't have a signature not getting the new notes box in their profile.

v1.22.2 is now out and should fix the problem :)

MiaFire

I've looked at the different parts of the script settings and I can't tell where I can delete bookmark tags. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any info.
-

Ssieth

Hi,

The tags don't really exist as objects in their own right but just as a string held against the topic ID.  You can only ditch a tag by removing it from the topics that have it.  You do that using the same interface as you do for adding BM tags.

If there's call for it then I'm happy to write an interface that can sweep through and remove a given tag from all BMs?

:)