News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Harry Potter Interest Check.

Started by Wolfy, May 12, 2012, 01:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Simply a nice interest check to see who would be....interested. <_<>_>

Of course, if we set it at Hogwarts, everyone will have to at least be a 5th or 6th year student...or one who's been held back a few years. :D

But yeah..post if you're interested. o3o

Nexus1199

I might be interested depending on what sorta tag it will get.

Anna Katrine

I'm definatly interested in this idea.
Any paticular ideas/stories you had in mind?

Hotaru37

"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

SnitchSeeker2120

My On's and Off's
My Apologies/Absences *Updated: December 7, 2012

KnightNelson20

usha

Wolfy

Teehee....

Well now...I wonder where everyone would like to see this go....I mean, we could have the rise of a new dark lord..or perhaps simply life at Hogwarts for the more higher year students...hmm...

Nexus1199

Maybe a new dark lord or maybe a small group of dark wizards reeking havoc on the female population or the school in general? Or perhaps a group found a book in the restricted section that corrupted their weak minds and turn them into some sort of vessel for the spirits of past dark wizards and the evil spirits inside of them would feed off of the sexual/emotional energies of women.

Just a few thoughts that came to mind

Samantha

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and to be loved in return. ~Moulin Rouge~

~Ons and Offs~
 Here is the link to my O/O thread please take a look if you're interested in writing with me. I will say that long-lasting role plays are my favorite, and romances.

If you are interested in roleplaying, please send me a private message so we can chat more!

I look forward to hearing from you!

[/url]

Apple of Eris

I have interest, I'm going to lurk this to see what direction you choose to go in.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

kckolbe

Hey everyone!  I just found out I'll have access to E while I am here deployed.  I am always interested in a Harry Potteresque world, though of all canon worlds, this might be the one I am most in favor of altering (mainly due to age).

First off, for a plot piece:

"Maybe a new dark lord or maybe a small group of dark wizards reeking havoc on the female population or the school in general."  -I love this.  After all, after Voldemort's fall it makes sense that Death Eaters would splinter off, and maybe one chooses a now-weaker Hogwarts to go nuts at.

I was also thinking that maybe Hogwarts closed for a year or two after the books.  This would allow someone to play a second or third year student and still be old enough, will add a bit of options to character creation.  Speaking of which, are you interested in any type of system, particularly a light homebrew to handle tests, fights, general magic usage?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

anne sophie

Could be nice....depending on details....I'd join

tsc

I'd be interested, especially if I could be a Slytherin.

Caterina

CrisNoWait

*waves* Me! Pic me!!

The age issue is certainly an issue. A new Dark Lord - great idea! If the plots tweaked - maybe a curse or something which sends them back in time - perhaps after Voldemort left Hogwarts but prior to the war. Time travel could age up the players. v_v I don't know..

kckolbe

Quite a few people here that I would love to play with.  Timeline-wise, what does everyone want?  Do you prefer to be there alongside Harry Potter and the other canon chars, or after he graduated?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Bobbacca

I'm definitely interested.  I personally like the idea of playing post-graduation characters.  We don't really see a lot of what life is like for adults in the wizarding world, so I think that would be an interesting angle to explore from, and it would also take care of the age issue.  I'd be happy with either freeform or a light homebrew system.  I don't have any particular ideas of specifics for a new villain offhand, but I like the of a new dark lord or small group of dark wizards rising to power after Voldy's defeat, particularly if the new villain is very different in their attitude, approach, and/or personality from Voldemort.
"Well, I can be them probably as well as I can be you.  And of course, you can be you better than I can be you.  But if you're them and I'm you, everyone is thinking outside the box." -Tycho Celchu, Rebel Dream

Azaria

definitely interested. watching to see how it goes  ;D

NĂºmenor

I'll be drifting in the background certainly to see where this all goes.

CrisNoWait

Post Graduation fine with me. New dark lord... What if it's a civil war among death eaters trying to make themselves the next leader? As a bit of drama the bad guys fighting internally while attempting to gain support.

Although I don't understand what is meant by "Homebrew?" <.<

vanTheMad

I'm definitely interested. I liked the idea of life for the upperclassmen. As far as timeline goes, it could even be during/before Tom Riddle's days at Hogwarts, before he becomes Voldemort. I've had a Hufflepuff waiting in the wings for something like this.

kckolbe

Homebrew means a light, locally generated system that can be explained in a few posts instead of a 200 page book.  Right now I am working on modifying Song of Ice and Fire, which is a very adaptable system.

Intro Thread

anne sophie

post grad is good also for me...

Nixie19

Oo, I'm also interested!
:)
Personally I'd prefer if it was after Harry and co. graduated, especially if the setting will take place at Hogwarts as students; though I do understand age being an issue. I also like kckolbe's suggestion of Hogwarts having closed for a few years after the war - perhaps for rebuilding. That way the students, particularly the ones in higher grade levels, would be older and the age issue would be a little less worrisome. Having a post-grad HP roleplay where we've all graduated from Hogwarts might be interesting, though I'm not sure how we'd all manage to interact with one another unless we all worked at the Ministry or something... o.o;

I'm also enjoying the thought of a new up-and-coming Dark Lord. Particularly if he's not a carbon copy of Voldemort. And a simple system for tests, battles and whatnot would be nice. That way you don't have everybody scoring perfect 100's or constantly throwing out intensely strong spells or curses at every turn.

As for houses I've always been partial to Ravenclaw myself~ c: