A World of Young Gods (World Building Game, Narrative System) [Interest Check}

Started by shengami, January 26, 2024, 12:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shengami

I am seeking interest in a worldbuilding game. This is a strictly recruitment focused thread, so there's no rules here. Instead, all the rules and current lore are located HERE. Please be absolutely sure to read through it. Interest to join that seems to obviously ignore the work I put into that thread will not make me very happy.

This is a type of game that I used to play on another server and have made some small changes to for use here on E. If you recognize it or my handle, HI~. I am a pretty lenient, laid-back type. I bark a little loudly, but I'm a cuddle-whore at heart. That said, my worlds are my babies and writing is my main hobby. So please treat my time and work with respect, please? Anyway, have a read through this post and the Lore/Rules thread linked in a couple places and let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!

Game:
  • The default section will be 'light exotic large groups.' I am seeking 6-8 players, so will look for a large group forum. If the players elect to do so, I am willing to move this to another section, but will need a common consensus on what material should be included. As a base-line default, see my own O/Os linked in my signature.
  • Open to all players of all genders and sexualities. Also, exotic types are fine Even abstraction. You will be playing gods after all.
  • The players will take on the role of new gods created by The Elder God (TEG) to control, populate, and guide a new world. So, the plot is open-ish but there maybe be mini plots here and there. See the rules in the World Building thread for details.    
  • Kinda to be determined by the player. It is a world building game. But, generically fantasy-ish or fantasy adjacent is the intention.    
  • Deities being deities. So, slice of life of the gods?        
  • COming depending on interest levels.    
  • Only the World Building thread is required. Discord is strongly encouraged but not required.    
  • Slow. About one post a week ICly. Faster OOC if desired.     
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?   
  • Taggins will be used as well as headers. Should players upgrade the content level of the game, trigger warnings may also be implemented.    

Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)
  • There is no Co-GM at the moment, but someone to help track things might be nice.
  • 80% sandbox with brief guided mini-plots.?
  • THis is a worldbuilding game, so extensive rights to shape the world and setting.
  • Once reated, all elements of the world are controlled by TEG but players may also control to some extent. Again, see the rules. You are playing deities after all.
  • I plan to be a very active GM.  
  • There will be OOC threads aas well as IC chatter threads. Behave yourselves, please.
  • IF you ahve any questions, send me a PM or ask in this thread for now.
  • Exclusively by me except in the few cases where votes will be taken. Again, see the rules.  
  • IN a sense, yes? But realistically, no.

Additional:
  • I'm not making anyone take any oaths ro anything, but please only apply if you are willing to holdv up your end of things. I get that life happens, but I am putting in my blood, sweat, and tears. So, come to game and have a good time.
  • A note to Respect Other players (Offs etc..). This game will be a friendly, safe space.  
  • Player Participation Expectations. (Once per week minimum with a system in place for absences. See the rules) 
  • Third person, past tense, multiple paragraphs, editting and spell check strongly suggested. Moderately familiar with the BB code system, please. But all this can be taught as well.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Empyrean

This seems pretty cool. Creating an entire world is certainly different. I'd like to mark interest.

Raku

I’m interested too. Interested in playing a god revolving around Death or Orcs.

TheGlyphstone

Collective worldbuilding always catches my interest. Count me in - I won't stake a claim on any particular portfolio yet, since that'll happen organically later in game.

RedPhoenix

This is very interesting to me. I support more god games. The rules I worry might be a little crunchy but on reading them through they might be less complicated than they appear at first. That plus the slow posting speed, yes, I think I can express interest here! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

TheGlyphstone

I feel like the rules are SHOUTING at me sometimes, but its workable. :D

shengami

The rules, as written, are a bit... umm, firm sounding for reasons. The game has a very loose, wibbly-wobbly structure that can be abused by bad actors. I don't hesitate to say that 60-80% of games of this type on that other server fizzled in short order due to someone not being a team player, so to speak. There's not a lot of what you cannot do and the only punishment for bad actions is WRATH, so it can boil down into shouting matches that then fizzles the game. I've navigated the system a dozen times or so as GM and more as player, so I'll try to be a guide more than a dictator. heh.

I am glad to see some tentative interest here. I guess I should have made the advertisement a bit more appealing. But I kinda didn't on purpose as I thought the worldbuilding thread itself stood on its own. That also took me several hours to manage. Haha. We'll see if I don't spruce this up when I bump it. I am looking for a bit more interest before I'll ask for character sheets and such.

To the concern of the rules being crunchy. They feel that was in writing. But it functions very loosely in game. There's a lot of room for deities to describe and circumscribe the Actions they take and I will always try to be faithful to that description as much as I can. Motly, as long as people are basically working together and not being weird for no reason, it flows smoothly. Again, Aeon 0 is designed to dip our toes rather than jump in the deep end. I expect there will be some back and forth discussion about posts and such. Again, I aim to be more of a guide than a dictator.

Cheers!
I'll look for a bit more interest and maybe spruce the thread up here this week. haha.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

TheHangedOne

Hello! I've read through the opening about the cosmic seeds of potential, with their in-baked potential, but not the full thread yet (don't worry, I intend to. Just need to wait to have the energy to retain it). I'm quite interested in this.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

shengami

Cool. This has sort of been set to the back burner at the moment, but I have not abandoned it. Just busy elsewhere right now.

I welcome any questions.

I'd need a bit more interest to start moving things forward.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

yutohase

Hi hello! Not sure how far along this is, but I’ve been watching this one like a hawk for a little bit and now that I’m approved I’d love to join you all! Is there still room at this table?