The Desert Campaign [Dieselpunk OU, NC, All Welcome] UpdatedD OP

Started by Jezabelle, August 27, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Russia had a clear numerical advantage, and I'm not saying they didn't deploy impressive tools of war.  But the standard battle tank or fighter or bomber, until late in the war where Soviet tech caught up, wasn't as good as the Reich's.

They will be relatively balanced in terms of war fighting capabilities.  As stated prior, this isn't really a war gaming RP, so most of this will be fluff.

Interdiction of words

Quote from: Frelance on August 27, 2014, 06:57:22 PM
Germany had the technological advantage but Russia had way more man power so they would beat them in man power. In the end it all depends on how you use your resources.
Of course, I know Germany had technology superiority but the Russians were better at digging in and fighting brutally
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Jezabelle

OP has received substantial updates, please PM all apps to me using the character sheet format now in the OP!

Quote from: Interdiction of words on August 27, 2014, 10:23:04 PM
Of course, I know Germany had technology superiority but the Russians were better at digging in and fighting brutally

Indeed--we can draw as much or as little inspiration as we want from history really, though; the factions will draw heavily from the ideologies and somewhat from the cultural aesthetics of the nations being spoofed.  Stalingrad obviously proved your point, however, and basically any of their defensive campaigns throughout history.

Poor bastard Napoleon, believing they wouldn't burn their own capital  XD

Interdiction of words

Hey well you grow up in hell on earth, you make the enemy pay a toll to enter.
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

eBadger

Ima back out for now; looks interesting but I can't get a concept to come together well enough.  Hopefully I'll be back later once the inspiration kicks in!

Jezabelle

Quote from: eBadger on August 31, 2014, 04:02:43 AM
Ima back out for now; looks interesting but I can't get a concept to come together well enough.  Hopefully I'll be back later once the inspiration kicks in!

Aye, well t'ain't going anywhere, fast as is; shoot me a PM if you ever feel like talking some `punk, I'd be happy to listen to or bandy about ideas if ever the mood should take you.

Goes for everyone of course, particularly for this RP.