Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bend

Quote from: Adonis on December 15, 2010, 03:28:10 AM
The three of us, myself, Kendra, and Secretwriter, are the ones that control the game itself, application approval included in this. As for limitations, the easiest way to handle this I think is to put a set listing of "Known Spells" in his bio. Keep it limited to three spells at the moment, as each character is given one major and two minor powers when it comes to their mutation. The transformation itself, list that as the limitation to his mutation.

That way you still get the spellcasting & the transformation to keep it within the ruleset, and it allows for room for expansion when it comes to learning new spells (When it comes time in the game for everyone to receive power upgrades).

What do you think?

Perfect. Where do I have to post my bio?
- A&A - On & Offs -

Adonis

The thing that you posted a little bit ago was the bio/character sheet that we needed  ;)

Once it's been modified to reflect what we discussed, it has my approval. After that, Madam Kendra & Madam Secret will look it over for approval as well. (As we're usually of a like mind, the process is fairly quick).
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

bend

I modified it and posted it in the character bio thread. Is it OK?
- A&A - On & Offs -

Adonis

You posted it in the approved character section ;) You'll hafta remove it from there for now, and modify the one you've already posted in this thread. Once you get approval from my two lovely women, it will go into the character bio thread
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Secretwriter

The MtF thing is fine, I love that idea. However, this is an X-men game and I prefer the characters to be mutants. No offense intended as the character sounds very interesting, I just don't feel that its fit for this game.   I have magical objects as no-no things and I just don't want to cross genre's too much. I would rather the spell caster aspect be dropped and him have the ability to change from one gender to the other, and it not always be in his ability to control said changes.   

On this one, I don't think that we see eye to eye, Adonis. :-/

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Seraph

Character:

Code-Name: Hush
Ethnicity: American
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Highschool Senior

Appearance:

Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Green
Skin: Lightly Tanned
Weight:Healthy
Height:5'7
Other:

Date Of Birth: 2/02/02
Place Of Birth: Indiana
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: An open flirt, a cheerleader to the core. She is a lot smarter than she comes off. She has a temper that she manages to keep in check, that only a few people have felt the full wrath of.
Background: Born in Indiana, her family moved to New York City, New York, when she was 15. Life in Indiana had been a quiet one for her, with time spent biking or hiking. In general, she loved doing outdoorsy things that allowed her to get away from her every day life. She was on the cheerleading squad in Highschool, starting Freshman year. She had a strong voice that was easily heard over the crowds, a surprising feature of one so dainty looking.

When her parents moved to NY due to a job change, she kissed her simple life goodbye and looked forward to the changes that the big city would bring. She expected glamor, an apartment downtown, a rich school. After a week of the life, her nerves were wearing thin. Everything was far too noisy, and far too busy. She could barely sleep. Her appetite died. She felt anxious.

Haley's powers came to being in the middle of a nervous breakdown. She was laying in bed, trying to sleep, and the sounds of the city were pressing in on her. She tried clenching her hands over her ears. She tried ear plugs. She tried putting on music. Nothing helped. It was unexpected when she threw her head back in a scream of frustration, sending a shockwave through the tiny room that lashed out onto the street as well. Silence followed. In the following clarity, Haley was able to see and understand what she had done. all of the noise around her, had been thrown away from her, flung randomly. The sound had become a weapon, the vibrations eating away at the buildings surrounding them in a 50 foot diameter. The silence lasted long enough for her to fall asleep, and when she woke, 12 hours later, the sounds seemed to be bearable.

It was the next day when her family received the call from Xavier's, inviting her to attend the school. They all agreed that it would be best for her to go and learn how to control her budding powers. To date, she has been attending Xaviers since she was 15.

Mother:

Name: Shelly
Race: (human)

Father:

Name: Thomas
Race: (mutant)

Other Relatives:

Powers:
Major- Sonic Redirection - Redirect and amplify sonic waves to use them as a harmful attack.
Minor- Silence - A minor use of her sonic redirection. She nudges the sound away gently, harmless. Create an area of silence in which no sound from outside can penetrate.
Minor- Sonar - By feeling the sound vibrations in the air, she can tell where things are.

Power Limitations:
Sonic Redirection - Need loud noises to make attacks strong enough to hurt.
Silence -  While potential to make a bubble of silence 50 feet in diameter is there, she can only manage a 10 foot bubble on purpose. People can still hear her, but she cant hear them.
Sonar - Functions like a bats sonar. This makes her hearing very sensitive at all times.

(I know these powers are similar to Siryn, Lady Kitsunes character. The difference is that my character is severely much more limited in her powers abilities. Also, she can not use her own voice to power her attacks. She uses the sound of things around her. I hope that things are different enough to allow this character)

Hobbies and Interests:
Library volunteer. She likes to hang out in the library and help with shelving books. Cheerleading if the school happens to have sports like that. Seducing women.

OOC Ons and Offs:   

bend

Quote from: Secretwriter on December 15, 2010, 08:46:43 PM
The MtF thing is fine, I love that idea. However, this is an X-men game and I prefer the characters to be mutants. No offense intended as the character sounds very interesting, I just don't feel that its fit for this game.   I have magical objects as no-no things and I just don't want to cross genre's too much. I would rather the spell caster aspect be dropped and him have the ability to change from one gender to the other, and it not always be in his ability to control said changes.   

On this one, I don't think that we see eye to eye, Adonis. :-/

I might be OK with it, but just changing gender doesn't look like a useful ability... I intend the whole "spellcaster" thing to actually be something like Xavier's and Jane Grey's psychic abilities: "generic" powers that need some kind of external frame to be used. Derek isn't magical nor uses magic objects: he just needs rituals and more to control and channel his energy. I just love the "Harry Potter" flavour.

That said, if you don't like this I can rethink the character. I like the idea of gender changes being out of control...
One thing: is something a bit more "adult themed" appropriate? I was thinking I could have the power to control arousal and desire in people around me...

Alternate idea (everything else is unchanged):

Codename: Fay

Background: Derek was born from a respectable and quite wealthy U.K. family. His mother and sister had always been strong-willed and his mother was the real head of the family, while his father was a kind and caring man, but died when he was a child.
Weird things started about an year ago: Derek noticed how he was becoming strangely lucky, minor things usually but it started to become almost constant. Not that Derek ever complained about being lucky... Until one night he woke up completely female, from head to toe. After that shocking experience, it started happening more and more often until now. Lately, he spends about two thirds of his time in his female form, in which he looks like a very feminine and attractive female version of himself. When things started to become so unbearable, his mother sent him to Xavier's school hoping that he would find a place that would accept him. Derek's preternatural attractiveness works strangely on his mother, who has developed an extreme closeness to her "daughter", obsessively starting to dress Derek up properly and trying to improve his looks, with Derek's great uneasiness.

Major: Derek brings good luck. By simply being around, things seem to go better for him and his team and worse for opponents (how, it's up to the DM). Always active, but works better if he's female.
Minor: Heightened senses, only in female form.
Minor: Preternatural charm: People find Derek's female form incredibly attractive.

Limitations: Derek shifts from one form to another in an unpredictable way, often in response to powerful emotions. When female he tends to be more emotional. His main power in inherently unpredictable.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Seraph

I'll leave it to a GM to confirm, but your emotion controlling idea is sort of already used by someone with an Empath. She can cause any emotion in someone, and feel emotions in return. The GMs don't like powers to overlap.. Which is why I had to tweak the powers on the character I had just submitted. There is already another character who uses her voice to do sound based attacks. Im hoping that my changes have made her more unique.

Have you tried reading through the official character biography thread? It might help you to get an idea of what powers people already have.. Maybe give you some new ideas. I definitely like your Male - Female idea though. I think it might be interesting if your character had one power available in male form, and one power available in female form. Using one of them too much or just trying to spend too much time in one form might push them into their other form to maintain a balance.

bend

OK, I changed it. I suppose nobody has similar powers yet, and the fortune thing looks good...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Secretwriter

Seraph, Kendra and I are in agreement on your bio, upon Adonis's approval, you can move her to the bio thread.

Bend - I really liked the female/male switch thing. And it is a useful ability in that no one expects a person to turn from one gender to another.  It's a total 'double agent' or switcheroo ability, one that would actually give your character the upper hand in some things.  It's just not flashy and trumpets don't play. 

I appreciate that you are a Harry Potter fan, I am myself, but as I mentioned previously, this is an X-men game.

I don't like the preternatural charm power - it's one that controls the characters and I won't ask people to play along on finding someone attractive. Nor would I… it might go the opposite end where my characters think yours is absolutely fugly.  There are people who do not do female/female play or male/male and… if they're like me and burnt out on it, you're going to force their hand.  That won't make people happy and keeping everyone in this game at least content is my goal.

The fortune thing… it'll have to be plotted and monitored because that's one of those abilities that are tilting to those around them and can be considered godplay with it influencing those around and the situation.  Especially with the inevitability of Anarchy X attacking at any time that we GM's deem fit.  We're not wanting to tip the scales and we want to have everyone's abilities be useful during those times, not one person just be the solve-all answer to a problem.  I hope you understand what I mean.  I don't want to sound ebil or whatever, it's just we have the game geared a certain way and we expect those who join to fall in with those ideas.

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

bend

Code-Name: Switch
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex:
Male/Female (can switch gender)
Relationship Status:
Single
Position at the School: High School Student, Senior

Appearance:

Male form

Female form

Hair: short blond hair as a male, waist-long smooth blond hair as a female
Eyes: green
Skin: Fair
Weight: 60 Kg
Height: 1,72 m
Other: Derek usually wears fine college clothes.

Date Of Birth:12st of July 1992
Place Of Birth: Leicester, U.K.
Citizenship: British

Information:

Personality: Derek is often shy and lonely, and he's a brilliant student because he actually likes studying. He often feels a freak even among mutants, due to his strange powers.

Background: Derek was born from a respectable and quite wealthy U.K. family. His mother and sister had always been strong-willed and his mother was the real head of the family, while his father was a kind and caring man, but died when he was a child.
It was a shock for him to wake up, one night, completely female from head to toe. After that shocking experience, it started happening more and more often until now. Lately, he spends about two thirds of his time in his female form, in which he looks like a very feminine and attractive female version of himself. When things started to become so unbearable, his mother sent him to Xavier's school hoping that he would find a place that would accept him. Derek's mother has developed an extreme closeness to her "daughter", obsessively starting to dress Derek up properly and trying to improve his looks, with Derek's great uneasiness.

Mother:

Name:
Catherine Redwall
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Sean Harrington
Race: Human

Powers: Derek can switch from male to female form at will. He can attain a variety of effects through what appears to be "magic" (he actually focuses inner strength through rituals).
By now (other than switching forms, which is actually one of his limitations) he knows how to do three things:
Major: Derek can switch to a female form, looking much like him but quite attractive.
Minor 1: Can grow nails quickly, sharpening them to claws.
Minor 2: Heightened senses

Power Limitations: Derek right now can't (and might never be able to) control his transformations. They're often triggered by powerful emotions, and lately are becoming alarmingly more frequent and long...
His minor powers only work when Derek is female.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, reading.

OOC likes: romance, discovery of my feminine side, lesbian sex.
           dislikes: heavy bondage or pain, S&M, bodily waste.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Secretwriter

Approved by me, much better, Bend *huggles*  Kendra said that she was fine with whatever as she's getting sick now that I'm starting to get better :P  and it's up to Adonis.  With his approval, I welcome you to the game. <3

Seraph

Now we just gotta wait for Adonis to wake up ^_^

Secretwriter

Yep. He's been working his sexy butt off.  He should be on in a few hours.

Adonis

*Stamps em both* Go ahead and move them over to the character bio thread and have at it.
O/O's

LadyDiscord

Ooo This looks very interesting. Got room for another??
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Secretwriter

We have a few more spaces, though I encourage you to read the directory linked in the first post and the bio thread to see what we already have as far as powers and characters go before making a bio. <3

LadyDiscord

I will do. I actually noticed that a lot of the affiliates are "Team Xavier" or "Independent". I would like to be an Anarchy X affiliate, but I wanted to be sure.
✔✦✘

Secretwriter

We're not taking on Anarchy X affiliates. That is something that is being played by existing players when the time comes.

LadyDiscord

Alright, good to know. Working on a profile.

Edit: Done.

Character:

Code-Name: Essence
Ethnicity:African/French
Sex: Female
Relationship Status:Single
Position at the School: Senior (High School)

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Varies in color depending on her mood, Hazel
Skin:Caramel complexion
Weight:132
Height:5’8
Other: Scar on her knee

Date Of Birth:07/31/1989
Place Of Birth:New Orleans, Louisiana
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen and French Citizenship

Information:

Personality: She has a sense of humor, but usually is calm and collected for her own reasons. Keeping control over her emotions has made her into a interpersonal young woman. She can be somewhat sassy and sarcastic. Tends to think of others before herself at times, loyal and assertive. She Keeps honest to herself and with others. Though she is stubborn and hates asking for help even when she knows she needs it.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]
Born to fashion model mother and photo journalist father in Paris, France. Monette often would travel from eastern to western Europe before the age of five. Later on her parents filed for divorce and she moved to the states with her mother had family down in the bayou of New Orleans. It was a dramatic change even for a young girl. Learning how to blend to very different worlds into one wasn’t easy and even though she moved to bayou country very early she still kept a strong eastern European accent. Her mother took a job as a seamstress and eventually they moved out into a little place of their own. Monette was enrolled into public for a few years but it wasn’t till the age of 13 that she began to notice some differences.

She was in the kitchen warming up a plate of gumbo when the microwave exploded, followed by other electrical disturbances. Neighbors use to her mother that her child had a hex on her, but her mother knew better. One day Monette accidentally set the house on fire with her mother inside. Apparently the radiator had blew up and caused the old house to catch fire and smoke. Her mother survived , but was left with severe burns. Monette blamed herself for what happened and sought the help of hoodoo doctor she had heard about. When he told the young Monette, now 13 that she had a measurable amount of power locked away inside of her he tried to perform a ritual to conjure up spirits. Saying that demons inside her harmed her mother. Running away she was caught by the authorities and would be sent to foster home since there was no known family willing to claim a mutant child.
Eventually her father showed up and took her out of custody. He explained that she was mutant and though she might have been to young to understand. It was important if not vital that she learned to control her powers. Her father later revealed that he himself is a mutant and so was her mother who later had fallen into a coma.

With her powers acting up from time to time Monette began to realize a lot of things between her mother and father did not all add up, but for her father’s sake she didn’t meddle. He later sent her upstate to a place where he knew Monette would be able to get treatment. It turned out this treatment facility was a mutant testing laboratory. It is unsure to her whether her father intentionally sent her there or had no idea, but while there she was placed under great emotional and physical duress. Seeing it as some sort of penance for what she had done to her mother Monette didn’t fight back. She realized under latent experiments the extent of her abilities to actually control and manipulate light in such a way it could do physical harm to any organism it came in contact with. Her powers were connected with her emotions and so she had to keep her feeling in check. She discovered she could changed the tint of her eyes as well as the little balls of lights she could produce. While in captivity she began to educate herself about light and it’s uses. One night during a lab experiment she and other fellow mutants were rescued by a group of mutants known as the X-Men. Though a bit reluctant at first she joined Xavier in his battle for mutant equality and peace.

Mother:

Name: Akari Khanli St. Creaux
Race: mutant

Father:

Name: D’Angelo Louise St. Creaux
Race: mutant

Other Relatives:
N/A

Powers:
First Mutation
Major:
photokinetic: The ability to produce and manipulate photons and their properties on a sub atomic level.
Able to throw photonic projectiles, discs, balls and shields at increasing and decreasing densities wherein it can sting or render an opponent unconscious or simply pass through other states of matter.

Minor: Self-Substantiation
-   Able to go a maximum of two weeks without food, water or air and not have any damaging physical effect from lack of malnutrition 

Power Limitations:
Her abilities are linked with her psyche and thus her emotions so the lights she created can change colors "Mood Lights". Most of her abilities take a lot of energy and without deep concentration,discipline and self control she could only access them for five minutes , exceeding the time would cause her headaches, nosebleeds and maybe even extreme fatigue and dizziness.

Hobbies and Interests:
She loves singing and songwriting.
Likes to cook and Kickbox and adores animals.

OOC Ons and Offs:
(look below)
✔✦✘

Adonis

Hey Lady Dischord :)

There are a few problems of note with the sheet that I can see at first glance, but should be easily workable into something acceptable (I think)

First thing is the second mutation. As everyone here has only a single mutation at this point, it would be unfair to allow a secondary to Monette (whether it's unlisted or not). So for now, I'll have to ask you to remove it, but hold onto it if we get to the point where everyone evolves the the point of a second major mutation.

The secondary problem that I have with it is that the first major mutation is much, muuuch to powerful for the levels at which we will be operating the game at this point in time, and she has far too much of it under control for it to be realistic for the students. While Photokineticism is something that I've yet to see, it's a category of powers, rather than a specific one; much like a 5 year old claiming he can do math, and knowing everything from simple addition to quantum physics, when in reality, he can barely count his toes.

The other main issue that I've got with her major mutation is the danger it would pose to other students. We've had a few people wanting to use radiation (in suits, out of contamination suits), etc, but the reasons are still the same. She loses control of her mood, in the dining hall for example, and suddenly the entire student body, and most of the staff is dropped with radiation poisoning, or given cancer, or some other item that results in exposure to radiation. Xavior wouldn't allow the student to attend based purely on the danger she would pose to the general school population.

Aside from the fixable problems with her mutations/powers, I love the character concept.

**Edit**

Feel free to add me to IM to discuss further if need be.
O/O's

LadyDiscord

Alright  l think I'll be able to calm it down and fix it up.  :-)
✔✦✘

Adonis

O/O's

LadyDiscord

I do have to admit I did get a bit excited about powers. I deleted some things and edited a few.
✔✦✘

Shadowsteel

Code-Name: Lycan
Ethnicity: Russian American
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Independent
Position at the School: Sophomore college student
Appearance:

Hair: Mottled grey, with hints of red, brown, and black – think of a wolfs coat
Eyes: Gold
Skin: Caucasian
Weight: 250 – All muscle
Height: 6’3”
Other: Under normal circumstances his eyes look about normal, but when stressed or angry the irises of his eyes expand wider than normal, leaving very little white of his eyes. He also has a very deep and growly voice. Always wears a black leather collar that has a silver pendant with his families crest on it.

Date Of Birth: December 21, 1991
Place Of Birth: Engels, Russia
Citizenship: Russian – American, emigrated, student visa.

Information:

Personality: Seems to be a reasonably nice guy, but somewhat aloof. Still somewhat the new guy, he keeps mostly to himself. Has a serious temper, works extremely hard to keep it under control, but when it slips it leash, you will know. Very blunt and straight forward.  Very much the kind of guy where when the choice is around or through, he is going through.

Background: His parents met in Russia, at a company ball. Dmitrius’ father was ostensibly there on business, representing an oil company. He was actually sent specifically to seduce the current owner of a large tract of unused land believed to have oil reserves. Dmitrius’ mother was that owner. Several hours and a bottle of champagne later, a deal was signed, and they retired to a hotel room. The next morning, he was gone, and upon looking at the deal she had signed, it was slightly less in her favor than she had thought the night before. A good portion of her family lands had been signed over to the company for a pittance. No one seemed to know of the “John Cooper” she had been talking to, and she eventually gave up. Several months later, she got another surprise.
For the most part, he had a normal childhood. Her mothers family hadn’t been rich anymore, but still well off. They lived comfortably, and fairly away from the world. Because of where they lived, there weren’t many other children his age in near vicinity, so his childhood was a bit lonely, but this meant that he started spending a lot of time in the woods. Surprisingly, he often was able to stay near and play with the animals without scaring them off, and several times he came home and told his mother that he had been playing with a pack of wolves. At first she dismissed it as imagination and a child’s fancy, one day he was outside, in sight of the house, playing and rolling about with a pack of wolves. She stared, disbelieving, and saw that he was absolutely fine, just playing with them. Eventually, things about him started changing, little things, for the most part. His hair started to change color little by little, turning the color of a wolf’s pelt, his eyes changed color to a tawny gold. For a time, nothing else happened. Then on his 18th birthday, there was a full moon. That day, she had given him a silver pendant with the family crest, and it seemed to be giving him some sort of rash. The doctor was called to take a look at it, and things went from bad to worse. During the doctors examination, he started to writhe and twist, transforming, revealing him as what he was to the doctor. He had transformed himself, at least in part while in the woods, the full transformation was new though.
Things could have been far worse than they were. It so happened that the doctor had studied mutations, and decided that this must be one, rather than the supernatural curse, and knew what he was doing. His mother had had a childhood friend who was a mutant, a girl who could make flowers grow, and so didn’t panic. She started making inquiries, and a few days later, an invitation arrived from the academy. He happily accepted, and had found that he was luckily able to control himself as a wolf, but it wasn’t easy.
Mother:

Name: Arina Volk
Race: Human? No information. May be an undiscovered mutant or minor talent. Owns a small corporation, last of a noble family.
Father:

Name: Jonathan Cooper (Alias?)
Race: Mutant. - Limited ability to change facial features. More data unknown. Corporate spy.

Other Relatives:
Mothers side: None
Fathers side: Unknown

Powers:
Controlled transformation: He’s a werewolf, and he can transform both fully and partially to a wolf. As the moon wanes it gets harder and harder to transform, and as the moon waxes it gets progressively easier, to the degree that he starts losing control of it He cant transform at all on his own when the moon is new. When transformed he is mostly in control, but instincts are a major influence on him, and his reactions to things are more likely to be wolven if surprised or stressed. If something goes really wrong then the wolf may take control, and who knows what may happen then.
Enhanced strength and senses: He’s about twice as strong as a normal human of his build, and he’s pretty muscular as it is. He’s also got slightly better sight, smell, and hearing than most people. The senses are less obvious when he’s human, but they are better than normal peoples.
Slight healing – if hes wounded while in his wolf form, when he changes back he’ll still be injured, but the injury will seem older – small cuts and bruises would be mostly gone, larger wounds would have started to heal up and maybe look a few days old. A missing limb would still be missing.

Power Limitations:
Werewolf. He HAS to change at the full moon. He’s mostly in control of his actions at the full moon, but he has to change by night.

Allergic to silver: In human form it irritates his skin badly, and if ingested could make him pretty sick. Transformed the touch of it will actually burn him, and weapons made with it, ingestion, or inhalation can hurt him badly. Might or might not kill him, thus far untested.
Enhanced senses: useful, but something of a double edged sword. Ultrasonics can cause him active pain, and can stun or immobilize him if used right.
While a wolf he can understand what other wolves may say, and understand humans, but he cannot speak
Because of all this, he has a faster metabolism than most and needs to eat more, and more often than normal folks. He also gets hungry faster than normal people
Light and darkness powers might be able to force him to transform or back on full or new moons. In concert they might be able to exert some control over him.
Any way of concentrating moonlight might also be enough to force him to change.
Hobbies and Interests:
Cooking, Movies, and languages. He’s always been good at learning languages, and likes seeing movies and trying foods from different places. He’s always happier when cooking, and will usually make extra food, then go around to see if anyone wants some. He may be juuuust a bit stubborn about this; he likes people to try his cooking.

OOC Ons and Offs:
Yes? Ons are most, and I can roll with pretty much anything. Offs are mostly scat and Uro, along with really heavy torture. Light is fine, and BDSM is good though. For the most part, I’m not really sure, so ask or check my ons/offs.
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?