[NC][Seeking More Players Who Want an In-Depth Game!] Burden City

Started by Lady Reign, September 28, 2010, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelsDemonsCode

It's great to see your character Heaven! She's a great addition to the game. I'm just hoping you won't use all those weapons when in a fight with someone, and have a limit of two at best and I hope you're alright with this.

Besides that, your character looks great. In more ways than one.

heavenleighdahl

That's fine. ^.^ It's more of a sense of power for her anyway.
Thanks! ^.^

AngelsDemonsCode

Whoa! You replied so fast. Ignore my PM to you then. >________________________________________________> Sorry about that!

In anycase: heavenleighdahl your character has been approved for the game under the conditions that you will not use all your weapons and only have a maximum of two at any given time. You have agreed to these conditions with me before and I hope you see through them. In any case, welcome aboard to Burden City.

Reyne

Act I. The Profile

Birth Name: Raziel Rene' Perez
Name: Rae or Investigator Perez.
Alias: N/A
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession: Investigator
Role: Investigator
Alignment: Neutral

Act II. The Diagnostics

Height: 5"1
Weight: 165
Hair: Chocolate brown hair falls down her shoulders to the middle of her back.
Eyes: Hazel-a mixture of honey gold, forest green, and light brown.
Skin: Her skin is a soft, bronzed color.
Birth Mark: On her right hip is a dusty pink mark in the shape of a messed up umbrella.
Tattoos: On the back of her neck, Rae has the word Joy in Hebrew written in black ink.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: N/A

Act III. The Dossier

Likes: Chocolate, Reading, Laughing, Cold Weather, Singing, Dancing, Fighting, Boys with Humor, Movies, Taking Pictures, Being Herself, Dreaming good Dreams, Talking, Getting Pedicures, Boys with long hair, People Who Don't Stare, Writing,Gum, Swimming, Teasing, Colors, Music, Pretty Eyes, Cards, Sleeping In, Plays, Instruments, Bright Colors, Food, Cuddly Items, Animals, Tall Men, Strong Men, Her Curves, Lingerie, Dating, and Painting.

Dislikes: Lazy People, Arrogant People, People who Complain, Loud Mouths, Every vegetable except carrots and broccoli, Obnoxious Music, Racism, Idiots, People who Judge, Her Father, Tight Shoes, Bruises, Cheap Candy, Food that looks like vomit, Getting Drunk, Getting Drunk And Acting like A Stripper, Losing her Keys, Losing her Stuff in general, Losing her Control, Giving In, Hurting Others, Seeing People Cry, Seeing People In Pain, Summer, Cheaters, and Liars.

Attitude:

Rae doesn't trust people easily.

It's not because she views people as the scum of the earth, it's just more of the fact that if she does come to trust and love you, she will all ways be afraid she could hurt you.

Rae has a complex, she only opens up to people when they persist. Though she does have a few friends, it takes a while for her to let down her guard and be herself.

Chances are, Rae will become very much protective and loving over you if you do become a good friend or even a nice enough acquaintance. Sometimes she will go far enough to protect you from herself.

But really, behind the icy, fearful exterior is a woman who has a good sense of humor. It's just she never let's it out...much. She's been told to have a smile that lights up a room, what with her dimples and shiny eyes. Her kindness is radiating, but her walls are up.

If you are one of Rae's friend, then you will know that she indeed laughs at things, whether it be funny or not, in either loud guffaws or soundless grins.

Complex seems to describe her very well.
She doesn't like to be serious but she is anyways. She likes to curl up with a book and stay in all night, even though she would give up everything for a chance to go out and party and laugh with her friends or simply be a civilian with a job that doesn't require she constantly watches her back or looks in the shadows.

But even so, while she may be a bit moody, people brighten up who she is. They bring out the best of her.

Habit/Twitch:

She counts in fives when bored, nervous, or going through the motions of work and life.

Quote:

“Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian."
Weapons:

A 9 mm gun.  Handcuffs. Riot Stick. Bullet Proof Vest. And a hidden blade always strapped to her right calf and hidden with pants.
History:

Rae was born to a loving mother and a hateful father. After years of abuse, both sexual and physical, Rae was ten when her mother finally made it out with the right idea to run and keep running. Rae lived in her life in the ghetto, constantly paranoid and making sure all was well in the tiny apartment before she laid her pretty little head down to sleep. By the time she was sixteen, Rae had a heard for honest justice. After living her childhood in fear and telling people her problems just to never be heard, she made it a point to begin finding out the truth. She wanted evidence, clues, she wanted to be the person to unveil the wrongdoing done and to have a part in exposing a scandal, a crime, or a broken family.

Rae doesn't know where she stands in the fight. She can see the view point of the whole situation from both sides. She's not exactly sympathetic for Criminals but a good deal of them have reason, or they have had a past that has screwed them over, or they've been framed. And as for the Detectives, she sees why they're fighting and she knows that they want justice done but she's seen what goes on from time to time behind closed doors and the things left behind. Not every Detective is innocent and she would hate to support someone who was pulling the veil right over her pretty eyes.

So Raziel Perez, an Investigator, stands neutral, a voice for both sides and eager to show what's happened and why. And always willing to help even if it does backfire.

AngelsDemonsCode

Reyne, welcome aboard to Burden City.

Zeitgeist

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Brittney Starr
Name: Brittney, Britt
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Stripper/Dancer
Role: Victim
Alignment:Neutral

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair: Brunette/Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: White
Birth Mark: None
Tattoos: Yes. Scrolled curlicues down the small of her back (tramp stamp)
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: None

Act III. The Dossier
Dislikes: Boring people, police, government officials
Attitude: Sweet and flirty on the surface
Habit/Twitch: Fidgeting with her hair
Quote: "Mitts off the goods sir."
Weapons: Switch blade (purse)

History:

Things are looking up for Britt these days. Her income has steadily increased with her job dancing and stripping at one of the hottest venues in town, Club-X-Stasy. She had no compunctions stripping and dancing nude so long as no one touches her. Her situation had not at all been as relatively stable it was now. An absent father and a drug addled mother ensured the normally sweet Brittney had to grow up rather quickly. Knocked up not long after her sixteenth birthday by a much older boyfriend, she has a three year-old daughter named Stacie. Currently the girl is in the care of child welfare services pending Britt's ability to provide a suitable home and life for her baby girl. That goal more than anything drives Britt's ambitions. Whether or not she is willing to break the law or bend the rules to reach her goal is something she has weighed back and forth in her mind. Ultimately she would have to find other employment if she was to get her daughter back, but the lucrative job is far too tempting. Its only unfortunate that clothes and a new found cocaine habit cuts so deeply into her savings.

Britt lives alone in a small studio apartment presently. Over the past couple of years she has been put up by a string of boyfriends, well meaning family members, and sometimes even homeless shelters. She is currently single and her living arrangements are reasonably stable. The creepy landlord however keeps making thinly veiled suggestions that rent could be made by other means than cash. Britt wouldn't for a minute entertain the idea of fucking that slob if her life depended on it. Britt has also over the past year indulged her bisexuality more fully, finding the company and pleasures of other women both appealing and safer, or so she naively believes. While she trusts very few men, she nevertheless cannot resist the charm of some, especially older men. Stacie's father, a forty-five year-old man with attractive salt and pepper coiffed hair, was her boyfriend when she became pregnant. Predictably, John came around with increasingly less frequency when he learned Britt was pregnant, leaving her to fend for herself.

Her relationship with her mother is not surprisingly difficult and turbulent. Amy, as Britt calls her, rather than 'mom' or 'mother' has been in and out of rehab and jail throughout Britt's childhood. At different times Amy had even found 'Jesus' and often tries to foist such beliefs on her daughter. Britt has no interest in such things and finds it repulsive that her mother would use religion as a crutch and excuse however it seemed to accommodate her predicament and drug habit. That her mother tries to pass judgment on Britt and that her daughter isn't with her, is a particularly raw point of contention between them.

Despite her sweet demeanor and flirty personality, Britt can be manipulative and self serving. If given an opening she will use anyone not close to her if given the opportunity. She also has itchy fingers and isn't above shoplifting or stealing if she thinks she can get away with it. As well intentioned her motives might be as a younger mother, she is after all her mother's daughter. A characterization she vehemently denies.

Possible Crimes for Victims
[Yes - No - Attempt]
Robbery: Yes/Attempt
Kidnapping: Yes/Attempt
Assault: Yes/Attempt
Arson: No
Blackmail: Yes/Attempt
Forced Criminal Activity: Yes/Attempt
Rape: Yes/Attempt
Murder: No/Attempt

Update: Crimes upon my victim should happen within context of the story and with hopefully some plausibility and at least a modicum of subtlety. If you're planning on kidnapping me, discuss it with me first and we can agree or disagree. Obviously a lengthy kidnapping and enslavement would radically change my character's storyline so its not something I would readily agree to. Thank you.

Columbine

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Melody Andersen 
Name: Melody Andersen
Age (current + apparent): 28
Orientation: Homosexual
Alignment: Detective

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 119 lbs
Hair: White blonde, shoulder length.
Eyes: Green
Skin: Porcelain pale
Birth Mark: A dime-sized brown birthmark on her inner right thigh.
Tattoos: Naw dawg
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: A small, shiny burn scar on the inside of her right forearm where she burned herself with an iron when she was 12.

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Efficiency, puppies, oatmeal, yogurt, submission, BDSM, cuddling, women, hot baths, the smell of cordite, sirens, orgasm denial, dirty talk.
Dislikes: Scat, watersports, knifeplay, waxplay, ironing, traffic jams, crooked goddamn cops, being lied to.
Attitude: A hardass in the workplace, but a kitten once she gets home. Melody was once an optimist, but the hard life of a Burden City law officer has worn her idealism down. Her relationship with her partner, Dana, however, makes her believe that there can be sunshine and love in the world.
Habit/Twitch: Always eats breakfast. Every day, no matter what.
Quote: “You know what makes me sad? YOU, ya Jackwagon!”
Weapons: Her assigned 9mm, handcuffs, mace and a riot stick and a bullet proof vest.
History: Melody was born to a pair of Chicago cops, and raised in the inner city. Her mother was killed during a robbery when she was 8 years old. The man responsible was caught and sentenced to life, but her father remained a lost and broken man. From the moment of her mother’s death, Melody basically became her own parent. Her father signed her permission slips and went to the parent-teacher conferences (lying through his teeth) but beyond the bare minimum required from him to keep up the appearance of a happy home, Melody was on her own.

Regardless, she got good grades all through middle school and halfway into middle school – until a corruption scandal broke out in the ranks of the CPD, naming her father as the ring leader. Melody moved out of her home the next day, and her grades suffered as she lived couch to couch. But she graduated on time, and immediately entered the police academy.

Melody felt that she owed it to her city to make up for her father’s mistakes, and vowed to become a better cop than he could ever be. She climbed to the head of her class quickly, and graduated into a good position within the CPD. She was promoted and transferred to Burden City three years ago, and she’s recently found herself drowning in the rampant corruption and crime that plague the city.

The brightest spot in her life is her long-term relationship with Dana, her live-in partner.           
Take a bite of my bad girl meat
Show me your teeth
Lady GaGa, "Teeth"
Os and Os::Games Wanted

AngelsDemonsCode

Zamdrist of Zeitgeist, welcome aboard to Burden City.

Columbine, welcome aboard to Burden City.

MarcothTalos

Ok just read up on this thread looks amazing and was suggested by Amazon that I join, is there room available and what type of character is needed? I have a police officer type ready and a criminal that I think might add to a mix of things.
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

AngelsDemonsCode

You can choose what type of character you want, don't worry. Heck, if you think you can control both characters well enough you may put up the application of both.

MarcothTalos

Act I. The Profile

Birth Name: Mickey "The Hammer" O'Mailey
Name: Hammer
Age: 42, but appears to be more like 30 something with his size and build. 
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Profession: Torture expert. Trained in the IRA on how to extract information, he was a quick and good leaner.
Role: Criminal
Alignment: He is neutral, pure mercenary, if the cops wanted to have the guts to trust him, they could even hire him.

Act II. The Diagnostics

Height: 6'8"
Weight: 273lbs.
Hair: Deep auburn hair slicked back most all the time, it reaches his collar line.
Eyes: A bright deep green.
Skin: [The color of their skin.]
Tattoos: A Celtic Cross with Celtic knot mixed in across his right side from under his left pec down to his left hip.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: A large scar over his neck's right side from his jaw's corner to his collar bone.

Act III. The Dossier

Likes: He prefers brunettes for his women, even though he does not take in many that he is not suppose to torture. Cries of pain, blood (color, feel, the taste), and having a fresh canvas to work on, no matter the information he is trying to extract.
Dislikes: Orders, people telling him what to do without his paycheck, hardasses, cops, and crime lords (a true believer of anarchy).
Attitude: Rude and Stubborn, but very civil while working.
Habit/Twitch: He smokes heavily until he is "working"
Quote: "Oh my, they brought me another one, good....I was afraid I wouldn't cause another woman to scream for hours."
"Fuck me? You think that is the first time someone has said that to me? Mmmm this will be fun, let us cause enough pain to see you come up with something original my good sir."
"Rape you? No my dear, I would never do such a thing, unless I was being paid for it....Oh I am..."
Weapons: He always carries his kit with him over his left shoulder. It is a small back pack looking sleeping roll that holds an assortment of knives, scalpels, drugs and not illegal types, tourniquets, piano wire, a hack saw, and a 14" long hammer with a good 7 pounds and a ball style head on either end. The only other thing he would every been seen carring in either his case or on his body would be a 4" barrel .44 Magnum with at least one speed loader as well.
History: Growing up on the streets of Belfast, Hammer learned to hate more than just the English, and then learned from his uncle how to turn his mind into a book of how to cause pain, knowing anatomy and getting his field medical degree by patching up wounded men. He left Ireland at age 20 and came to the U.S. because he had grown tired of the cause and wanted to have more for himself instead of working for bread and water. Burden City was recommended to him by a local connection, he moved to the city and set up shop in a small basement apartment hinting to the right people that he was in town, news spread soon to the Crime Lord and many other criminals that "The Hammer" had come to town, feared by most of the Italians and sought after by the Irish Mob, Hammer decided this place was a gold mind, why not take advantage and see if he could make some money and maybe a few fun times. Considers his "crimes" an art form rather than a job. He enjoys hurting people, and has a complete lack of morals. He is aroused by blood and often times will smoke heavily until he has some. Has trouble going through a day without thoughts or harm to those around him. In his current state, Mickey has a completely clean record, cause outside of Ireland he doesn't have one. As for back home the only thing any of the authorities knew is that if they ever were to meet him, they would attempt to beg for a quick death, rather than his usual methods. Twisted around since he was a kid moving from Ireland to this country at 20 he grew up refining an art he seemed to take on quite naturally, causing pain to the human body for as long as he could without killing the person. 

He is hear to stay and whether the Cops, a few victims, or the crime lord contacts him for his services, he would assure himself that work would be plenty, and he was open for business.

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

AngelsDemonsCode

Macroth, you have a very nice character but I need to clear some things up with you before I accept him into the game:

It would be nice if you could clear up your character's likes and, if you want, just list it like you did with your dislikes. Because it's odd you detail Hammer's likes like that but then just list his dislikes as if they were a grocery list. Or vice versa, make the dislikes detailed as well. Whichever you want to do or prefer more.

QuoteTwisted around since he was a kid moving from Ireland to this country at 20 he grew up refining an art he seemed to take on quite naturally, causing pain to the human body for as long as he could without killing the person.

This could be your character's history, not your character's like. Just letting you know.

If you could be more detailed on his attitude, it would be nice. Like add these:

QuoteConsiders his "crimes" an art form rather than a job. He enjoys hurting people, and has a complete lack of morals.

QuoteHas trouble going through a day without thoughts or harm to those around him.

To it instead of putting it in the habit/twitch.

Also, I don't mind him having the kit on him but you have to promise me that he won't use those things unless he's doing a job and won't use all those weapons during a normal fight with someone else.

This is it from me and I hope you could understand what I said and why I had to say it. I'm sorry if I seem rude and if you feel like I was, please let me know through private message in order to keep this thread drama free.

MarcothTalos

No drama here, I rather enjoyed your honest opinion.

The weapons will always be inside his "kit". The only things that aren't rolled into that pack is his .44Magnum and the hammer which he usually wears on his right hip. I made the edit marks, all of that sound good now?

AngelsDemonsCode

MarcothTalos, your character has been approved on the conditions that you do not use the kit's content in a regular fight and will instead use the hammer and gun instead as weapons. You have agreed to these terms with me now and I hope you follow them out. In any case, welcome aboard to Burden City.

MarcothTalos

Great! Thanks for the approval, and dammit now I have to sit and wait for a job lol.  Not sure how to just jump in on this one.

Clio

Quote from: MarcothTalos on October 25, 2010, 09:50:21 AM
Great! Thanks for the approval, and dammit now I have to sit and wait for a job lol.  Not sure how to just jump in on this one.

*beckons to the OOC for discussion*
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Tiara James
Name: Alicia Black
Alias: Carmen (no last name, simply for anonymity)
Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Private Investigator
Alignment:Neutral

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5'7
Weight: 145
Hair: Her hair is a dark brown with a slight red tinge to it. She normally keeps it short, but when dealing with her underground contacts and business deals, she gets tracks, making her hair long .
Eyes: Dark brown. she wears green contacts while undercover.
Skin: Soft brown, not really dark, but her african american heritage shows.
Birth Mark: She has a dark patch on her belly, about the size of a dime and in the shape of a star.
Tattoos: none
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: Alicia has a large scar running from her hip to her ankle on her her right leg. She usually wears skinny jeans with one leg cut into shorts so the scar is hidden from every one.

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Vodka, kittens, reading and fine food. She likes bondage, being dominated but only by men. She likes a man with confidence, but not overly so. She loves being with a beautiful woman and tends to have better relationships with them.
Dislikes: Thieves, Murderers, and cocky men who think touching gets you places. Is disgusted by skat, weapons play, and is terriffied of being blindfolded by a man.
Attitude: She quiet, a loner by nature. But she likes cats. Cats are like people. Studying them helps a lot with dealing with the criminals in Burden City. Her mood varies from happy to a severe depression, but she tries to keep busy with her cases. She uses them so she doesn't have to think of her own problems.
Habit/Twitch: Everytime she sits to work on a case she listens to This It helps her "Get Her Mind Right" as she likes to say.
Quote:
Weapons:Alicia have a registered .45 and a .22 Beretta. She keeps the .45 in plain view on a holster wrapped around her left thigh. The other is strapped beneath her pants leg.
History: Like most people from Burden City, Alicia's child who was altered by the deeply held corruption of the underground. She lived a happy life, a child raised in a single parent home. Her life didn't go bad until shortly after her 15th birthday.

A serial rapist broke into the apartment she lived  in with her mother. She was far too young to fight back much and when her mother fought against him, he raped and killed her in front of her daughter. She was kidnapped and taken to an abandoned building where he used her for the better part of a week before leaving her in the building and setting it ablaze. The firefighters got there in time enough to save her, but a fallen beam nearly cost her a leg.

After years of therapy and several foster homes in between, she tried in vein to join the police force. Her psych exams showed she was bipolar so she could never be accepted on to the force. She took the training she'd received in the police academy and opened her own Private Investigation services. It was small, low key, but she was far enough removed from the police department to easily slip into the ranks of some of the most nefarious crime syndicates. She took whatever job was offered, be it recovering stolen merchandise or finding a kidnapped child.

Despite her various dealings with both sides she doesn't really hate the criminals. She seen how easily experiences can turn you into a harden criminal. Yet at the same times she sees the drive it gives some to join the law. The only criminals she truly hates are the ones that destroy the lives of children.

AngelsDemonsCode

Hey Sheiba! Thanks so much for joining! Your application is great.

Is it possible for you to lengthen Tiara's likes and dislikes a bit more? Perfectly your character's sexual ones, so the others can match up with you? Because that would be great and I can accept you into the group game immediately after that. If you have have any issues or problems with this, let me know via PM.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Alright, updates have been made. I hope that a bit better. Also majorly happy I did okay on my profile. I wasn't sure about it at first.

AngelsDemonsCode

Queen Be Damned Sheiba, welcome aboard to Burden City.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Le Immortelle

Act I. The Profile
Birth Name: Carol Ellroy
Name: Carol Ellroy
Orientation: Lesbian
Alignment: Detective

Act II. The Diagnostics
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair: Blonde, short.
Eyes: Green
Skin: White
Tattoos: An angel with the words Pride & Glory inscribed on her lower back.
Distinguishable Mark/Scar: An injury mark on her leg when she was shot in the leg several years ago.

Act III. The Dossier
Likes: Rough sex, Bondage, Punk rock, Busting criminals, Helping people, Singing and playing guitar, Kickboxing, The Beat Poets, Surrealism, Smoking.
Dislikes: Scat, Watersports, Criminals, Corrupt officials of city, Mainstream cinema and music which she deems as crass, Lack of equality.
Attitude: Carol's a stubborn woman. A tough as nails cop who would go to any lengths to see that justice is served. She's very opinionated and isn't afraid to voice her opinions. She can be sensitive towards certain issues regarding the city. She feels sad at the state in which the city is right now and would like nothing more than to wipe the crime out from it's blood stained streets.
Habit/Twitch: Paces around a lot in whatever space she's in back and forth when in thought process.
Quote: "Do you think that revolutions are made with rose water?"

"There are certain times when public opinion is the worst of all opinions."

"Getting rid of crime is like cleaning the house - You have to put effort into it."

Weapons: All Investigators will have 9mm assigned to them, whether good or corrupt, handcuffs, and a riot stick and a bullet proof vest.
History: Carol was born in the neighbourhood of the Burden City which used to be a decent one at one point. She watched the place turn into a criminal heaven form a respectable, safe zone in front of her eyes as she grew up..before eventually turning into the arid environment it is today. It disgusted her that even the authorities who they, as citizens of the city were supposed to trust too were involved deep in crime simply because they too desperately wanted a piece of pie.

Her parents were both teachers in the school and encouraged her when she decided she wanted to become a cop and serve the community. She enrolled in the academy and came out with excellent performances, and since then joined the force, quickly impressing her superiors with the way she could handle some of the tough criminals of the city..exposing them rather mercilessly. Although there are few times when certain political influences have crept up in her investigations and hampered them. Preventing her from nailing some criminals. But it's something for which she has no proof. Such things bother her to no end.

Determined and stubborn, she's one of the few honest people left in Burden City. She has refused bribes or any corruptions attempts and has kept going on no matter what with her tough, hard-nosed attitude. Nothing would please her more than taking down the Crime Lord and destroying the influence made on city by so many different kinds of criminals. Carol lives alone, just couple of blocks from where her parents Robert and Linda Ellroy live. She has a younger brother Phil who works as journalist for Burden City Daily, living with her parents.

AngelsDemonsCode

Amazon, welcome aboard to Burden City once more with your latest character.

Le Immortelle

*Quickly runs outside and enters again marching slowly, acting all awed.*

Thank you!  :-)

Clio

Quote from: Amazon on October 28, 2010, 10:40:10 AM
*Quickly runs outside and enters again marching slowly, acting all awed.*

Thank you!  :-)

*giggles*

Burden City is addictive. ;)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.