Mage: the Awakening

Started by Zeth, January 25, 2015, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

@Angie: Katana still might require two hands as a base, I'm not sure. I don't think I see a lot of one-handed Katana users -- so you may not have the 'one handed as two handed' option anyway. Nor do I think it's too late to change your character sheet if need be.

@Eternaldarkness: Maybe my Prime 3 and your guy could get together at some point to do some Imbue Item jobs? He puts a Matter spell into them, and I seal it up?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zeth

Thank you Eternaldarkness, that pdf helps.

Angie

A Katana has all the same stats as a sword, just with a +1 Durability. Still, Strength 2 means he's a little faster and can carry some more stuff, I think I like him as is.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: lockepick on January 29, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
@Eternaldarkness: Maybe my Prime 3 and your guy could get together at some point to do some Imbue Item jobs? He puts a Matter spell into them, and I seal it up?

that may very well be how they met, actually. For sure after we start he's going to get together with your char and get everyone's gear enhanced though, and as self-appointed Banner Warden of the cabal (A position he might share with Ronia, or fight her for :D) he'll make it a point to see that everyone is trained in some martial skills and coordinated tactics in case things get violent, and will handle maintenance and improvement of sanctum defenses.

laa

Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 29, 2015, 01:13:17 PM
that may very well be how they met, actually. For sure after we start he's going to get together with your char and get everyone's gear enhanced though.

Though if the items are magically imbued, removing the trace of the place of origin is a bit more complicated.

Zeth

Any suggestions for the Chronicle name? I need one to make the Thread.

Angie

Quote from: Zeth on January 29, 2015, 02:44:54 PM
Any suggestions for the Chronicle name? I need one to make the Thread.

All Along The Sixth Watchtower, obviously  ::)

Lockepick

I was mulling over some Cabal names (which could also be the Chronicle name, I suppose).
- Argent Spyglass (would also accept Sterling Spyglass): Sticking with the 'Color - Noun' theme of some of the other Boston Cabals:
- Eye of Providence (Referencing Freemasons in Boston, as well as investigation)
- Jones' Stake (Referencing Margaret Jones, first witch executed in Boston -- pun on 'stake' as in a claim to something, as well as the fact that she was burned at a stake.)

I believe somebody already said that their character would be the legal owner of the Sanctum -- I'd love some information on what form that Sanctum takes -- then I'd be happy to work out some details for our Hollow as well.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Angie

Angelo would probably be the legal owner, that or...who's playing the financial dude? He could own it to.

Somebody with more imagination should probably design the place, I tend to do very vague, general descriptions and let the party fill it out with the rest-if you demand that a couch look a certain way, it becomes so.

Lockepick

I don't mean to suggest that we need a floor plan and a description for each room -- I mean more like... literally what is the building? Is it a house? Is it an abandoned fire station? Is it a bank vault? Is it an old army bunker? Is it a maintenance shed under an overpass?

Angie

I suppose it would depend on who's the legal owner of it-they would naturally gravitate towards something things that had some sort of symbolic meaning to their path. laa, what's your dude's path? (You're the one playing the financial dude, right?)

laa

Angelo and Jacob (I'm calling him his shadow-name from now on) are from the same path, according to memory. But, perhaps they could have a co-signed ownership?

My character would probably either look for something really safe or something that can be build upon later. A warehouse fits this bill, especially if it's a small bit away from a major city - only a small bit though, one has to think of transport times.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: laa on January 29, 2015, 03:25:31 PM
Angelo and Jacob (I'm calling him his shadow-name from now on) are from the same path, according to memory. But, perhaps they could have a co-signed ownership?

My character would probably either look for something really safe or something that can be build upon later. A warehouse fits this bill, especially if it's a small bit away from a major city - only a small bit though, one has to think of transport times.

Something outside the city proper would be preferrable to Evan. It means he can have  a firing range on the property, and it makes unsavory Death magic less likely to cause trouble for them.

Angie

An old warehouse that we've spruced up a bit might work out pretty well. Angelo only needs a bunk and a wireless connection and he's set. Maybe it was a warehouse that some other people renovated into a pretty decent living space and Angelo and Jacob, realizing the potential in such a location, sprang for it at the first opportunity? Could also explain why neither of them have many Resource dots-they put up a lot of cash to get this place as soon as they could.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 29, 2015, 03:31:09 PM
An old warehouse that we've spruced up a bit might work out pretty well. Angelo only needs a bunk and a wireless connection and he's set. Maybe it was a warehouse that some other people renovated into a pretty decent living space and Angelo and Jacob, realizing the potential in such a location, sprang for it at the first opportunity? Could also explain why neither of them have many Resource dots-they put up a lot of cash to get this place as soon as they could.

Remember, Resources 2 is actually not bad. Evan has 3, and he's got the finances to help with cabal expenses too.

Angie

Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 29, 2015, 03:40:15 PM
Remember, Resources 2 is actually not bad. Evan has 3, and he's got the finances to help with cabal expenses too.

Oh I know, I just enjoy making things make some degree of dramatic sense.

Zeth

Your Sanctum is a brewery and your Hallow comes from the Angel Share it produces. As a bonus you get Liquid Tass in the form of enchanted whiskey. Or is that too cheesy?

Angie

Quote from: Zeth on January 29, 2015, 04:07:45 PM
Your Sanctum is a brewery and your Hallow comes from the Angel Share it produces. As a bonus you get Liquid Tass in the form of enchanted whiskey. Or is that too cheesy?

Fuck it, I'd roll with it.

laa

My char would so try to sell that for a profit.

"Come and taste the yearly harvest, at Jacob's tass bar!"

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Zeth on January 29, 2015, 04:07:45 PM

This is awesome. Evan would totally get his dad to front money and market that large-scale :D premium whiskey for discerning tastes (tass imbued), and cheaper stuff for sale to the general public.

Angie

Holy shit, it even fits in with Angelo's "Doctor" theme-whiskey was used as anesthesia long ago!

laa

Err, remember, it only produces a little sum every day, so yea. xP

eternaldarkness

Quote from: laa on January 29, 2015, 04:56:33 PM
Err, remember, it only produces a little sum every day, so yea. xP

That's why the 'premium' stuff is expensive, and why we develop our Prime skills and cultivate and strengthen that hallow until it produces much, much more.

laa

I see we have a lot of business-minded people around. This might turn into quite the capitalistic venture!

Zeth

Not counting Locke's Sanctum points you're at like 3 size and 3 security. Maybe toss his point in Hallow and upgrade the mana per day?