Legend of Korra/Avatar Republic City Roleplay.

Started by Xenphir, November 09, 2013, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

this week weve got an hour of Korra
Night of a Thousand stars; Harmonic Convergence are the episodes

Xenphir

Perhaps Dane as a good idea. Doing in in republic city before Korra, but, then there still would be not air benders. Which I am fine with but some people who really want to be might not be >o<

Ohh I'm excited for that :O

YaoiRolePlay

Before Korra so when we have the older Aang, Sokka, Togh, ect in control of the city?

Xenphir

More than likely, yes. It might also be a little less confusing for those who haven't watched Korra yet, so that they can still imagine and older version of the old gang.  Toph as the leader of the police force, Aang as the avatar still, growing old, and Sokka being part of the council. Katara would still be at the water tribe though. Or, we could do it right after the old gang is gone and with the newer people like Lin and Tenzin, but before Korra was old enough to reach the city since she doesn't go until her teens. (Not sure of her actually age but probably between sixteen or seventeen, and a sixteen year timeframe is enough.)

MaiMizzu

I think I would be interested in this. I'm fairly knowledgeable about all things Bending. Like forms and such. I'll be whatever kind of Bender we would need.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Xenphir

I'm assuming we will have a lot of water and fire benders since those are the more favorites, but we'll probably get earth benders too. I doubt with the current time, and the issues going far into the future, we will have air benders. :/

apygoos

Quote from: Xenphir on November 10, 2013, 06:38:17 PM
More than likely, yes. It might also be a little less confusing for those who haven't watched Korra yet, so that they can still imagine and older version of the old gang.  Toph as the leader of the police force, Aang as the avatar still, growing old, and Sokka being part of the council. Katara would still be at the water tribe though. Or, we could do it right after the old gang is gone and with the newer people like Lin and Tenzin, but before Korra was old enough to reach the city since she doesn't go until her teens. (Not sure of her actually age but probably between sixteen or seventeen, and a sixteen year timeframe is enough.)
Korra is 17 in the series
with no airbending id likely roll an Earthbender.

Kokaine

I'd go with someone on the police force then.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Xenphir

So is that fine with everyone? I'll make the RP tomorrow morning if the current standings are fine for everyone. Right now, it is:

Time/Setting: Republic City before Korra and After Aang. (Korra would be in the water tribe the whole time, not doing anything affecting the city.)
Characters: Water, Earth, or Fire benders. Metal benders must be apart of the police force. Every character will be over eighteen.
Main enemies would be gang members like the triad and other criminals, or if some want to be bad guys and cause havoc throughout the city.

That sound good?

Silver

Sounds good to me. *is excited*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

apygoos

ill have to see what everyone else cranks out before deciding if my earthbender would be on the police force or not.

Wajin

I think I'll go with a firebender yakuza like dude ;)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

MaiMizzu

I'd prefer waterbender if possible
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Xenphir

Water, fire, and earth benders are Very Possible.
Metal Benders are possible if they are in the Police Force. (Which I think will be run by a younger Lin, an adult Lin but not as old as she was in the anime so far.)

Wargtass

Geez you guys, and here I was trying to postpone Korra until it was all finished.  ::)

I have an old character lying around somewhere that I never got the opportunity to actually play with, a blind non-bender formerly part of an elite anti-bender unit from the Fire Nation. I'll have to dive into the archives for that one though...  :P
O/O

Xenphir

o_O Anti-Bender in a city of peace? XD Though I suppose the time between Aang's death and Korra's new arrival, Republic city was slowly growing into benders vs. non-benders.

Wargtass

Well when the character was created it was implied that he was a leftover from an old unit from the war. A retired veteran rather than an active service member.  ;D
O/O

Xenphir

That could work. ^^ Though the war ended when Aang was 12, and he grew old and died so not sure actually >> Maybe he is the child of a veteran or a grandchild? o-o

Wajin

All seems to forget... Aang didn't grow "old".... He died at age 66, which isn't that old
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Xenphir

To me it is xD Well then veterans could work since they'd be at least 45 probably.

Benen

hmm.. this has peeked my interest.. count me in as one who would like to join.

Wajin

Quote from: Xenphir on November 11, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
To me it is xD Well then veterans could work since they'd be at least 45 probably.

Kyoshi was over 200 when she died :P

Xenphir

o-o what a life span. Sorry I couldn't make it today, some stuff came up with my grandmother losing her job >.< So I went over to help her out. Tomorrow definitely though~

EmotionCrave

Just my two cents, to throw some irrational logic into the mix. There COULD be more Air benders. All they would need to become one is a Lion-Turtle. The spirit that helped Won even claimed there were dozens of Lion-Turtles, does that mean multiple forms of bending too? If there is Spirit Bending and Blood Bending within Water Be ding, and Lightning to fire, Metal to Earth, how many other types of bending could there be? Light and Shadow? Who really knows.

I'm gonna roll Earth and either setting we play in, my character is gonna be of a Nomadic tribe. I got him all planned out.

Wajin

Quote from: EmotionCrave on November 12, 2013, 07:55:12 AM
Just my two cents, to throw some irrational logic into the mix. There COULD be more Air benders. All they would need to become one is a Lion-Turtle. The spirit that helped Won even claimed there were dozens of Lion-Turtles, does that mean multiple forms of bending too? If there is Spirit Bending and Blood Bending within Water Be ding, and Lightning to fire, Metal to Earth, how many other types of bending could there be? Light and Shadow? Who really knows.

I'm gonna roll Earth and either setting we play in, my character is gonna be of a Nomadic tribe. I got him all planned out.

all they would really need is Aang. The lion turtles all just used energybending, since Aang already knew what air bending felt like spiritually, he could feasibly give them airbending