Photobucket weirdness

Started by Haibane, January 09, 2012, 11:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Hi

Can anyone who uses photobucket confirm if they have changed their page layout? Ever since someone sent me a link to my page from their mobile phone I have been stuck with a page setting that begins with an "m" in the url, instead of the usual "s" and no matter what option I try to access, this new mobile layout seems to override the old internet layout even when I use a bookmarked address or a page from my browsers history.

I HATE this layout but can't get out of it. Help!

EDIT: Hm, yes, I seem to have become trapped in an alternate universe called "Mobile Photobucket" and I can't escpae back to "Photobucket". Its very frustrating.

Oniya

Just going through standard web-weirdness troubleshooting:  Have you emptied your cache and cleared your cookies (specifically the photobucket cookies, if you don't want to clear all of them for some reason.)?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Haibane

I haven't. Not sure how I clear the cookies just for one site though...

I'm using Firefox 8--- something (I haven't upgraded to 9 which I have had a prompt or two to do this last couple of days).

Oniya

Go to Tools/Options/Privacy, and see if you've got a thing for 'Remove individual cookies' as a link.  If you do, hit that, and scroll down the list.  I'd look for photobucket and this m.whatever url.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Haibane

I have it fixed now. There is a "view full website" link at the bottom of the page and another kind E-person suggested I click that.

So annoying though, sending people to versions of web pages they never asked to get sent to!

Thanks for your help also *hugs*

Oniya

No problem!  Glad you got it fixed :-)

Beguile's Mistress

I had a similar problem with aol.com.  It kept loading as a mobile view on my laptop, PC and IE at work.  It would go away if I clicked register.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Haibane on January 09, 2012, 11:31:19 AM
I have it fixed now. There is a "view full website" link at the bottom of the page and another kind E-person suggested I click that.

So annoying though, sending people to versions of web pages they never asked to get sent to!

Thanks for your help also *hugs*

You mean there's actually a way to fix it?

*goes in search of the button*

I'd actually stopped using Photobucket entirely because of it.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Haibane

Ah, that's good! I'm so glad you found the fix too Phoenixrisen.  :-*

I agree with you that's it totally unhelpful that once someone sends you a link on Pb that's in mobile device mode, the view never reverts, even using previously bookmarked "s" links, until you stumble across a minor link at the bottom of the page. If I knew a way to complain to PB about this I would.