{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi looked at the dragon and then her box. "I'm going to put up a shield before I open the box, okay?" She said, erecting a small shield that covered only the box and about a 2 foot space above it. She opened the box and a small chocolate kitten and a small chocolate and sugar faerie tumbled out. The kitten promptly curled up and started purring. The faerie was flying around, singing and dropping sugar and chocolate flowers. "What do you think?" She asked, shyly.

anon

Ally laughed in delight while the dragon flew off of her shoulder and hovered before the shield, tongues of his flames lashing against the shield. "Hey!" Alarm was on her face as the dragon flew back to her shoulder, landing on it lightly. "They're lovely, Aoi." She smiled.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi slowly lowered her shield, cautioning the faerie to be careful. She blushed and scuffed her shoes. "Your dragon is a pretty piece of work as well." She held her hand out to the little dragon on Ally's shoulder.

Priest

A flush of panic suddenly started to make Damien’s skin turn a deeper shade of red.  He was about to speak; he couldn’t help himself.  It was at that moment that then figure who had skipped out earlier return and provided a distraction to Ally. 

Damien felt a little more sure footed as the attention drifted from him; for now at least.  He cast a furtive glance at the bulge in his inside jacket pocket.  Maybe I should see if they would sugar coat you; could so with something to sweeten your bitterness.  Damien flinched as he received some unheard caustic response.  He turned away from his coat and lifted the fresh drink; taking a sip whilst he watched the two women and their fantastical confectionary creations.

Lilias

Rose pushed the door open once more and stood in the doorway, shaking droplets of moisture off her sheepskin coat. A single glance was enough to warn her that Ally had been creative with her sugar again, and she chuckled. She had finally got used to that wriggly catfish; she might as well tackle more.

The little corner table, her table, was free again. Oh, good. Coffee would be a good idea - after the confectionery critters had calmed down.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled at Rose, "Hello" She called, absently petting her kitten. However, her attention was fixed on the faerie and the dragon circling each other and chattering to each other.

Lilias

'Hello Aoi, good to see you again.' Rose's reply was almost reflexive, her voice lowered as if not to frighten the faerie and dragon. She moved to sit down, her back in the corner, watching in fascination. Damn, she should have brought her flute along... then she couldn't hold back a little giggle at the thought of how such music could have affected the winged critters. She spared only a glance towards the rest of the customers.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

"What have you been up to?" Aoi asked inquisitively. She hadn't seen Rose around lately. She noticed that Rose was keeping an eye on her faerie and Ally's dragon. She wondered idly what Rose's thoughts were on the creations flitting around the room.

Lilias

'Oh, lots of work,' Rose said vaguely. 'I've been a bit unwell, and fallen behind. I need a break, before I implode.' She grinned, not keen on continuing about herself. 'I can see Ally has been creative again...'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi nodded, she would have to talk to Ally about adding some Valerian root to Rose's drink to help her get better. "Isn't her dragon just adorable?" Aoi said enthusiastically.

Lilias

'Yes, it is,' smiled Rose, Aoi's enthusiasm infectious. 'What about the faerie, though? You made it sound like that's not Ally's.' Her eyes twinkled mischievously. 'Or has she shared her craft secret with you?'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed and shook her head. "No the kitten and faerie are mine. I brought them in and noticed that Ally had made a dragon." She smiled adoringly at the dragon. "Her dragon is a masterpiece, I'm not that well-versed in sugar and chocolate creations so these are some of my early attempts."

Lilias

'But they are lovely too,' insisted Rose, running a finger over the kitten's head. 'Something doesn't have to be magnificent to be beautiful. You'll make your sugar and chocolate masterpiece one day too, if that is what you want.'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi shook her head, "No, I just do this sort of thing in a hope to help someone else. I dabble in all things to further my understanding of this world and to help others recognize their full potential. Like you with your flute." She smiled, and gently called the faerie back to her.

Lilias

'This world? Would you have preferred another?' Rose chuckled, slightly distracted by the flutter of the faerie's wings. 'No, don't answer that. My flute is my companion, when I have nobody else, which is the case more often than not. Even Ally's catfish seems to like it.' She rolled her eyes. 'I thought to give it to my little brothers, when they come to visit, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like keeping it to myself.'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled in understanding. "I've been trying to create catfish like Ally's to keep the one that I have company but I can't imitate your masterpieces." She sent the faerie flying again. "Your work on the flute is amazing though."

Lilias

Rose shook her head, blushing slightly. 'It's okay, I suppose. I don't really work on it; I just play when I have nothing better to do. Back at home, I might not touch it for days. Here... well, it's company, for those awkward hours after the real work is done.'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "You should come in here and play it. I'm sure that everyone would enjoy hearing your music. I think some people would even dance to it." She thought about maybe mentioning to Ally that they should expand the store to include a little area to dance in.

Lilias

'Then I will,' chuckled Rose. 'And even if nobody else dances, at least your critters will.' She stood and slipped on her jacket. 'But now I have to run, before I'm tempted to kidnap either of them! See you again, sooner this time, I promise.'
~Wendell Berry

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiles, "Next time I'll have one for you, dear. Have a good day." She replied, sending the faerie to kiss Rose's kiss leaving a trace of sugar on her cheek.

anon

Ally's dragon snapped at Aoi's fingers before taking to the sky again. Ally frowned at it, snapping her fingers, her looks turning dark as the dragon landed on her shoulder. Her took turned pensive as she studied the dragon for a moment. Its glittering red eyes glinted back at her, mischief and something even more sinister in their depths. She felt a shiver up her spine as she held its gaze, ignoring the conversation flowing about her.

She looked away just in time to watch Rose stand up and smiled. "Be sure to stay longer the next time." She sang out, her voice was a bit unsteady though. The dragon still on her shoulder, she moved to stand behind the counter.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

From his vantage point of a corner seat at corner sweets; Damien had a good view of much of what was happening and watched as the kitten reacted to being made a fuss just as any kitten would.  Thern watching as the dragon flitted above them.

Damien glanced down at his watch; time was getting on and there was something poking at his mind that he was sure he had forgotten to do.  He drained the last of his drink and popped the final peppered chocolate ball in his mouth; his body freezing for a moment as the sizzling taste sensation hit him.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi sighed as the dragon snapped at her, she figured that she would at least give it a try. She stood and picked up the kitten, the faerie landing on her shoulder singing to herself. "Well, I had better go find where Rex went off to. I'll see you around, Ally. Bye Damien." She called as she happily swayed to the faerie's singing and flitted out the door.

Priest

Damien smiled as Aoi scooped up the chocolate kitten; and as she did so he thought about the possibilities of marketing them to all those who suffered pet hair allergies, but maybe that wasn’t such a good idea as all the cats he knew liked to curl up in front of a roaring fire; which when you were made of chocolate, maybe even enchanted chocolate; wasn’t the best idea in the world.

“G…g…g..oodb..ye” She was out the door before he had been able to finish.

anon

"What on earth is wrong with you?" Ally murmured to the dragon as it perched on her finger like a bird. She shook her head at it as its tail curled about her finger. "Aoi is nice. Nothing that should set you on guard." Her expression dimmed again as she studied the dragon. If the dragon was manifesting what she was feeling when she created him...

She sighed. She hated destroying her creations...even if they were meant to be consumed.

As if reading her thoughts, the dragon's talons tightened on her fingers before he took off from her finger. Wings flapping, he came to a stop before Damien, resting on the edge of the bowl with the marshmallow.

As Ally hopped over the counter, flame snaked out from the dragon's mouth, burning the marshmallow. "Hey! No!" Ally skid to a stop when the dragon stopped and curled about the base of the bowl instead. "What..." It wasn't every day that her own creation left her confused.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences