Scroll Bar

Started by Tyra Wadman, January 10, 2010, 04:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyra Wadman

Something is wrong. Whenever I get to the bottom of this box, everything I type makes the thing flicker. It brings the scroll bar up to the top, as if it were locked there (And it doesn't happen anywhere else). I can't make long posts that exceed the height of the default space (the box you write in).

Rainsinger

Dunno what might be happening, but on my screen there's a little double line at the bottom of the box where I can enter information.  If you click that bottom bar you can actually drag it and make the box bigger.  So whatever else might be happening, you can at least expand the window so you can keep entering more information properly.

Hope that helps.

consortium11

Quote from: Tyra Wadman on January 10, 2010, 04:51:43 PM
Something is wrong. Whenever I get to the bottom of this box, everything I type makes the thing flicker. It brings the scroll bar up to the top, as if it were locked there (And it doesn't happen anywhere else). I can't make long posts that exceed the height of the default space (the box you write in).

Strangely the same thing happens on the family desktop downstairs (I.E) but not on my laptop (on either I.E or FireFox)

Tyra Wadman

Well thanks for the help! I'm glad I can expand the box!

And well, I AM using the main monitor. My lap top is under repairs. I hope if it gets running, that it doesn't flicker. I can't roleplay with verbal strobe lights!

consortium11

Quote from: Tyra Wadman on January 10, 2010, 05:09:53 PM
Well thanks for the help! I'm glad I can expand the box!

And well, I AM using the main monitor. My lap top is under repairs. I hope if it gets running, that it doesn't flicker. I can't roleplay with verbal strobe lights!

If the issue persists it may be worth typing out responses in another program (such as Word) and pasting them in. It makes it harder to format but it does mean you can post longer replies/threads.

Trieste

My roomie has the same problem. Said roomie expands the writing field in the posting box until it's wide enough to accommodate roomies' ... girth.

Maeven

Quote from: Trieste on January 10, 2010, 05:43:49 PM
My roomie has the same problem. Said roomie expands the writing field in the posting box until it's wide enough to accommodate roomies' ... girth.

*snicker*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Paladin

I get that same problem as well. Its really anoying.

Trieste

What, too much girth? xD

Kazyth

Quote from: Trieste on January 11, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
What, too much girth? xD

I've yet to hear you complain about it!  Sometimes a man just has to make sure that things will... fit, is all.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Saerrael

Quote from: Kazyth on January 11, 2010, 06:26:13 PM
I've yet to hear you complain about it!  Sometimes a man just has to make sure that things will... fit, is all.

*Laughs.*

Bad images here.