Airships and Antiquities: Game Thread - Crew Wins

Started by Trieste, October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunshineSparkle

She felt guilty for accusing Analise,her curiosity had been misunderstood.Without any hesitation,she pointed her finger at James "You killed her!"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Niferbelle

Niferbelle glanced up from her work and raised her eyebrow at Moriarty's outburst. "Well, he made that easy enough, didn't he? Looks like we can see James go over with a clear conscious."

Sarena

"It would seem so, wouldn't it?" Sarena said in response to Niferbelle.  "Moriarty, I am sorry...I had so hoped that the rumors about you were not true."
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Teo Torriatte

Luna sat in her cabin, thinking about the events of the last few days... she was still trying to puzzle much of it out, but at least it seemed clear that James Moriarty, at least, was in on the conspiracy.

Trieste

James - 10
Kendra - 1

Yet to vote:
Kazyth, Starlequin, Ryven, ThatRPGuy, Falanor, Moirae, Kyrsa, The Last Standing

Ryven

"The fact that everyone is voting for James makes me think he might be innocent," Ryven said.  "However, Falanor seems like a dodgy sort."

Starlequin

The alcohol's peace was lacking now. Analise, the Detective. Lost in the night. And Star LeQuin knew his hands were as dirty as them that done the deed. Him and his godsdamned delusions. Should'a had the sense to keep his head down, instead'a playin' copper. Ought've been tending the Ida, not chasin' phantoms. Dammit, he'd known BeMi was rotten, and he let his imagination run off on him. And he got a good woman killed.

Wouldn't happen again. Enough blood on his hands already for his stupidity. Steps hefted the tool sack over his shoulder and held a grim cadence to the Aft Engine Room, his head hung low. Gears needed cleanin'. Sparkers needed re-lightin'. Bars needed sandin'. He passed other crewmates in silence, shame holding his eyes hard on the deck. Still a lotta chatter goin round, but he'd not be joinin' its course again. Sounded like they were after that Moriarty this time. Guess he were a proper villain, after all.

Didn't matter.

Work to do.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

desert ashes

"I, too, place my suspicions on James Moriarty."  Heavy eyes settled on the assured mad man as she sighed, then sipped from the ever present hip flask.  "I think he and his cohorts have much to be punished for."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Galactic Druid

"Well... this leaves little room for doubt... I suppose I'll have to vote for James then..." Guy said with a disgusted look. What he wondered was whether his parting words held any real weight to them.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Kazyth

"Well now, seems we have a true scoundrel in our midst after all," Kazyth muttered as he worked to splice some rigging come loose and frayed in the night.  "If'n Anna was indeed the detective, and the real one didn't just slip his or her things into that bunk to hide the trail, then it seems that ole James has been playing us all for false."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Trieste

With the votes in and the fingers leveled, it was James Moriarty who had to go. It was really more like assisted suicide than a lynching, and over the side he went. Was anyone surprised when a round robin turned up in his berth, marking him as a Mutineer?

If you have a night role, you know the drill, so get crackin'.

Players

• Saffron
  • Kazyth
  • Starlequin
  • Ryven
  • Mithlomwen
  • Luna
  • ThatRPGuy
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Sarena
  • Remiel
  • Niferbelle
  • Kendra
  • Valerian
  • Falanor
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Moirae
  • Kyrsa
  • The Last Standing

Roles (For an outline of what the roles mean, please see this post)

• Crew Members - 10/11
  • Mutineers - 3/4
  • Chirurgeon
  • Chemist
  • Simulacrum
  • Greenhorn

Ryven

"Well, I'll be damned.  He was up to no good," Ryven said before retiring to his cabin.

Trieste

Waking up the following morning, the crew found that Kyrsa could not be located anywhere on the ship. Fearing the worst, the crew searched her berth, but to no avail. There wasn't even anything incriminating in her berth, clearly showing that she was a crew member.

Who will pay for Kyrsa's disappearance?

Autumn Sativus

"Where were you last night Ryven?" Saffron asked and quickly turned to be alone, saddened by the death of her friend.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ryven

"In the kitchen, tending to the pastries.  Where were you, Saffron?"  He said, lifting an eyebrow.

Galactic Druid

"I can safely say that Ryven is one of the few trustworthy people on this ship, Saffron." Guy said, taking a step out of the kitchen, leaving a pot full of beef bones and vegetable scraps to boil. The setup of the entire kitchen was a marvel, even for it's age, it was a shame it hadn't seen more proper use until the current crew came along. He got a small laugh every time he heard the automaton that had been running it banging on the store room door.

The kitchen had been carefully built over the main boiler for the entire airship. Excess heat powered the stove directly, while smoke and anything undesired was pumped into the same vent that the grill emptied into, giving the ship a complete kitchen, without having any extra boilers or exhausts.

"I hope you'd be willing to change your decision." he explained to Safron. "From what I've heard, I'd say Kendra is the real threat to our safety."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

SunshineSparkle

"What were you doing last night,Luna" She pointed out,saddened by Kyrsa's death

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Saffron poked her head out of the cabin she'd been hiding in. "Well they do say Kendra's the greenhorn around here, but there ain't no way in tellin' 'till we're off this ship. I think we got bigger fish ta fry, friend, but I'd rather see one of 'em go than another innocent."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

The Last Standing

Last stumbled into the mess hall, recovering from a bout of exhaustion and typhus that had left him bed-bound for the past few days. Much to his astonishment, the killings and trials by gravity continued unabated. He asked about the many that were missing. Some were innocents, trying to make an honest living aboard the ship, but the taint was far deeper than originally thought. With two mutineers disposed of and the disappearances still going strong, Last wondered where the end could be. The young man gazed upon the group, eyes sagging from sleepless nights, trying so hard to not be caught susceptible by the mutineers.

When he heard his suspicions concerning James were ultimately validated, Last felt empowered. He may have been out of the loop for days, but perhaps he had been blessed with a capacity for judging the human spirit. Well, at the very least he could blame irrationally like the rest of them.

And yet, there was a strange aura coming from SunshineSparkle. He nudged Sarena, whispering his concerns, and returned to his post in fear of infecting the rest of the crew.

Mithlomwen

Listening to the questions and accusations, Mith couldn't help but feel a wee bit suspicious of Ryven.  "I'd like ta know yer whereabouts as well." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ryven

"If you'd open your ears instead of your mouth, you'd know that I was where I always was...in the kitchen.  If you're accusing me just because I didn't vote for James, you'll be sorely disappointed.  Not all of us are willing to stand up for our convictions it seems, but when one person does a witch hunt occurs and only heart ache follows," he said before turning back to the kitchen.  "If you'll excuse me, I have my own business to attend to," he stalked off.

Ryven

"By the way...I change my vote to SunshineSparkle" he said from the kitchen.

Teo Torriatte

Luna bit her lip and made a sour face at Sunshine... she wasn't sure what the other woman might have had against her. "If you must know, I was in my cabin writing in my journal. This voyage has turned into a right nightmare, and I needed to blow off some steam. I could ask what you were up to, but I'm not really the vindictive type. I am actually a bit more curious as to what Kendra was up to the night before."

Kendra

Kendra sighed, as soon as James had given that startling revelation she knew her own days on this ship were numbered. There was no point in pleading innocence, they would of course cite that a guilty person was bound to say that and if she laughed and said, of course I'm the guilty party then they'd toss her over at any rate. Either way she was now a suspect, no she was worse than that. She was a dead girl, living now on borrowed time. The cap'in again had called her out and others would follow suit she was sure. It was laughable really but what else could she do.

She would be expected to point a finger somewhere too and well fed up with the state things had turned, she looked to ThatRPGuy.
"Well you is vouchin' for Ryven but he ain't vouchin' much for you is he?"

Ryven

"ThatRPGuy is innocent.  Consider this my vouch for him," Ryven said as he peeked from inside the kitchen.  "Now who's vouching for you?" He lifted an eyebrow.