Gauging Interest: The Return of Overwatch

Started by Inerrant Lust, May 11, 2017, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Maris

Quote from: Snake on June 01, 2017, 02:21:04 PM
<Read Wiki> Yeah no go, on this connection; Wiki-ing anything is like trying to drive a humvee through a swamp yo. It lags really bad.

Which wiki are you referring to? Hopefully not anything on wikia.

Gamepedia is a great resource for information about the game (more geared towards players), and the Overwatch site itself has all of the background information you could ever want; there are videos, comics, and references to other media that are useful for knowing the world of Overwatch.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”
How to Make a Star Shine my O/os

Snake

Thanks Stella, But I'm on a public access at a library and with more people on, the more lag there is.

I've done the best I can T_T

Stella Maris

Ah, yeah, that would make things prohibitive.
“Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls' pants - use it to get into their heads.”

Snake

It sucks, but it happens.

I figure I could learn as I went.

Stella Maris

Well, I'm pretty deep in the lore, so if you had any questions, I (and probably others) could help out.

Snake

I'm just workin gon how to best make my submission fit in is all.

Inerrant Lust

I think some of the charm of Overwatch is that you can look at a character in 5 seconds and understand pretty much everything about them thematically. The actual minutia and detail of their life story and that kinda thing is hidden, either very shallow (like D.Va at the moment) or very deep (like Ana/Soldier's very detailed backstories)

As it is, though, I'm still super on the fence about running this or not. Snake knows that I've already got a lot on my plate as it is for KxMS. :P

Snake

Yeah that thing is a bit of it's own monster. But perhaps youcan still do this but let it sort of be slower paced or find a co-gm ;3