Looking for a GM, and a couple-three other players.

Started by Thorne, June 27, 2014, 11:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

I'm looking for someone willing to run a small-group game (4-5 players tops), and three or four other players.
Realising that there are none of the kinds of games I want to play being pitched right now, I figure it's time I asked for someone willing to run the kinds of games I want to play.

Generally, I prefer my RP to be low stress, so I ask that there be:

No in-group PVP. The group is a team, and they don't steal from each other, screw each other over, or generally behave badly towards each other. That kind of thing is not on my list of 'fun things to do'.
No ooc drama. Please.
Not wholly sex-centric, but profligate use of the Book of Erotic Fantasy (or one of it's cousins) is allowable. :p

Still with me? Excellent. So, here's what I'm looking for, if someone's into running it.

Fantasy:
I'm familiar with Golarion, Faerun, Krynn, Eberron and a couple of others. An adventure path or module would be okay, or just grab a theme from one of them to run with.
Legacy of Fire? Oh, please, yes.
Carrion Crown? Sure, why not.

Way of the Wicked-style evil. Not necessarily /that/ AP, but that idea. Maybe take down Cormyr or Silverymoon, or a Silver-flame held city in Khorvaire... <.<

Generally, a good mix of serious RP with random silliness, and a willingness to wax eloquent on what all those stupid dice rolls actually /mean/, when we have to make them at all.
Defeat doesn't necessarily mean a horrible death? Excellent.

Pathfinder, 3.5e - even earlier editions, as long as you're willing to bear with me being very slow with rolls for 1-2e, because I'm not as familiar. Rules-light also works, as long as everyone understands precisely what that means.

Sci-Fi:
... this is gonna get specific.
I have been wanting to play in an Invasion Era Battletech game for a while, with the focus being on the people, not the 'Mechs. Specifically? The culture clashes between the Inner Sphere forces and the Clans, without the usual characterization of the Clans as 'automatically the bad guys'.

I'm not interested in 'Mechs, I'm not interested in large-scale combat and Inner Sphere politics (or any politics, to be honest). I'm looking for a small-scale group, made up of both factions, making the best of a situation that's pretty well crapping on everybody.

Shadowrun - I've never seen this work too well in an online game, but maybe a small group of Runners would work out. I call black-ops. >.>
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

who149

I'd offer to DM the game. Though, I do warn that I have a horribly track record. Something low stress sounds pretty good. Pathfinder is A-okay, and I would love a pretty semi-silly non-serious game. I love having a sense of humor in my games and want to go with that.

I do have issue that my previous games died because I tried to please everyone... So I'm gonna make some things very clear.

I play with a not so serious style. Where Player characters can get away with being utter sociopaths because thats the type of world they live in. I agree with no PVP or people stealing from each other, those have never ended well. The game may end up being some grand adventure or maybe stalling in a town. Also, sex will be there but not mandatory. I will leave things open for lewdity whenever possible, its your option to take them or not.

I think I can work with a small group... I just failed to play with a large game due to stress. So... Yeah. But if you have no one else, I'd be happy to give it a shot
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Sinestra

Now this sounds a bit more up my alley. :)

I mean... playing "Disney/Bond Villain Evil" or sort of what I love. ;) I'm also very much into a mixed comedy/seriousness sort of thing. I mean, I'm way more "Slayers" style D&D than I am "Record of the Lodoss War" for anime fans out there... though the only recent anime in the last 5 years I've watched was Kill la Kill.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Thorne

I'm not what you'd call real familiar with Slayers - I've heard of it, but that's about all. From what I've heard, that's not quite what I'm aiming for. >.>

Generally, I'm hoping for a game that's serious when it needs to be, with room for it to be silly (or for that moment of dry gallows humour that you can't not laugh at).

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

who149

I can do that. I'm not familiar with Slayers either.

I am a big fan of gallows humor. Perhaps the typical band of misfits sort of style RPG. 3-4 Adventures, with several plot hooks. Either they are hired mercenaries, treasure hunters, hired for guard duty, or maybe they all work for a gang and fight a rival gang.

An intresting spin is that they are an evil adventuring party for an evil empire facing off against a good adventuring party. Or maybe just a strike force to enforce said evil villian.

Ons and offs!

Andi

Hm. I'd like to hear more of what you are thinking - a game 'where Player characters can get away with being utter sociopaths' does not sound all that appealing to me, the usual jokes about murder hobos notwithstanding. Perhaps I am misreading what you had in mind there, who? I would be interested in a not-too-serious game, though, although Slayers wouldn't be the model style I'd pick either. More along the lines of Eddings' novels in terms of humor, perhaps.

who149

I'm mostly making suggestions to see what sticks. Honestly i'm open to anything as long as everyone is on the same wavelength. I have had issues where people wanted diffrent things and it sort of crashed. So I'm more intrested in knowing what people want. All I want is something with a subtle since of humor that may border on surrealism. The sliding scale of how dark the humor is is really up to everyone else.

As for gameplay? I'm thinking something high standard. 3-4 people. Pathfinder. Level 6. Standard gold. 4d6 standard stat array. Two Traits allowed. Everything from offical books fine, and permission for 3rd party stuff.

Ons and offs!

Thorne

I'd prefer to start at L1, myself.
Lot of reasons, but when you get right down to it, I go with basic practicality. L1 characters are fast to build.

I listed the APs I did because (for the familiar) they're good examples of what I had in mind. For a good campaign, it's saving the world and dealing with strange and interesting new people (Carrion Crown might have been maybe not such a fantastic example, going as it did through all the horror tropes), with a party full of people who might not necessarily fit into 'normal' civilization.
No sociopaths, though. :p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

who149

Alright. Standard save the world deal. Level 1's? Okay. I already have the framework going, and assembled a map, because I'm not one to use pre-established worlds. I don't have any names of cities or kindoms/provinces because I still need to figure out what races we are looking at, what kind of history I want to write, and ect. But as base land-mass and cities go. I already have it. Think of it kind of like a skeleton.

Noticed the forest is a bit too thick in one area, so I gotta go back and fix that.

Ons and offs!

Countdown0

Is this still open?

If its level 1 start and Pathfinder, I'd definitely be down to play if you still have a spot.

Right now I'm leaning towards an arcane spell caster, and probably a sorcerer. Also, is the 'evil party' idea the plan going forward? I don't have a problem with it. It will simply change how I would build the character slightly.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

who149

Good-neutral party. And there still spots open yeah. Considering nothing has really been established yet.

Ons and offs!

Countdown0

Cool.

Do you want character sheets submitted to you, or just concepts? And is it just everything from your post, but level 1 instead of level 6?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

who149

I guess you can start submitting. Again, nothing is really concrete yet. Level 1 characters with 4d6 standard.

Ons and offs!

Thorne

Erh. I'd like to know a little bit more about you have in mind, Who - could I have a little more information on the basic kind of adventure you have in mind? A basic write up, with more information for character creation?

What's going on, what caught the eyes of the interested parties?

Heavy politics are not interesting to me, I don't want to get into a GoT-style backstabbing fest. ;p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Sinestra

Somedays I think people had a different experience with Slayers than I did... or perhaps I glanced over some things... it just seems like your typical D&D group to me... the one power gamer guy who makes a 3-templated character who's near invulnerable, the GM's girlfriend who gets away with everything, the new guy to the game who doesn't have a clue how anything works etc etc...

Anyway... level 1 and we're off to save the world? That... seems a little out of our league for level 1s. :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

who149

Alright.
Idea #1.
Some ancient cult of a dark god wishes to summon said dark god into the world. They are after several MacGuffins, plenty of Sacrifices, and tend to do a bunch of other evil things that need to be stopped. A small band of Misfits take it upon themselves too put an end to their evil deeds, which take them all around the continent.

Idea #2.

After uncovering the whereabouts of an ancient keep once owened by a powerful Incubus, you all decide to take it amongst yourself to go and plunder the keep, to get rich, and maybe even find some ancient dark secrets! (Note: May branch into bigger plot if finished)

Character creation outline:

Pathfinder
Level 1.
4d6 Basic stat array
Basic Currency.
Start with max HP
2 traits allowed.
Anything from Pazio is fine, 3rd party needs to come by me.
4 players.

Ons and offs!

Thorne

Y'know, you could combine those two plots pretty easily, Who.

I was thinking to run a sorceress myself. I feel like I should get first refusal here. :p
I do have a sorceress concept I wanted to play with. *slight grin*

Otherwise, it's probably about time I ran a healer, and I've got a couple of ideas that could work with that, and hook into ... hm. I think I like the looks of the first suggested plot more, if you're not going to combine them.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

I'll set up a sheet in a little while - it's late at night. I'm hoping to turn in an archer of some sort.

who149

Looking at them I can easily combine them. I haven't even thought of that. Alright, plus it'll make your involvement easier to write, and give a good starting point to the game. Alright, we have a plot!

Characters are now open. And if you wanna be a Sorceress go ahead! Looking for four players, Thorne is in due to this being her thread. Anyone who doesn't get in I'll keep your sheets on standby and PM you if we have someone drop out

Ons and offs!

Thorne

Quote from: Andi on June 30, 2014, 12:05:28 AM
I'll set up a sheet in a little while - it's late at night. I'm hoping to turn in an archer of some sort.

... could I talk you into running one of your tanks? ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

Probably can. Question is, what am I doing with him /this/ time... :)

Countdown0

If you have a sorcerer idea that you wanted to play Thorne, I could definitely play a different party role. I'd prefer not to be the healer though, as in my only other group game on E that I'm playing right now, I'm the party Cleric. Something about variety and spices, you know?

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Thorne

Yes. I /do/ know, actually. And now I'm waffling. I have a good idea for a healer...
*facedesk* Nr. You know what, screw it. I'll run the healer. I haven't actually gotten to play a cleric-healer. Sorry - no Ward hex this time. ;p

Now .. how to do this. Using Golarion's pantheon for ease, or am I making something up with a similar theme and domain collection?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

who149

You can use any patheon you wish, I don't really have any preferences. I'll be sure to put churches of said patheon scattered about

Ons and offs!

Chulanowa

So... might there still be open spots for this? if so, you have my interest