News:

Main Menu

RIP Neil Armstrong

Started by Beguile's Mistress, August 25, 2012, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

gaggedLouise

Neil certainly earned himself a place in history unlike that of anyone else. One day a new batch of astronauts (from whatever country they are going to be) will walk on the moon, but that will not mitigate the achievement of the Apollo astronauts and the many, many who worked with them.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Chris Brady

Actually, what he did is bigger than just the moon.  He opened up possibilities, he proved that we, humans, can breach the atmosphere and stay IN space.  The MIR space station would not have been possible without the Apollo crew.  Opportunity and Curiosity would not be possible, without his and his crews contribution.

And for that I salute him and his life.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Bud

RIP to a legend, and an inspiration. One of the ones who enabled a whole generation to dream, and enabled the dreams of a whole generation. To understand the importance of Neil Armstrong I like to listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson's words on NASA, the Apollo program and the Moon landings.

Neil deGrasse Tyson - We Stopped Dreaming (Episode 1)
We Stopped Dreaming (Episode 2) - A New Perspective

Starlequin

Here's to a man whose life did
Shine as bright as stars can burn,
May his memory guide and inspire
Us all until to the stars we return.

RIP, sir.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

shooter6806

I watched it live.  I still remember it.

In 500 years, no one will remember who Barack Obama or Lady Gaga was.  But everyone will be taught that on July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong was the first human to set foot on the moon.
Youth, exuberance, and enthusiasm are no match for age, experience, and treachery.

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.  Should be a convenience store, not a federal agency.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.