Final Destination: Do You Have What It Takes To Survive?***

Started by Saku, June 30, 2009, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saku

Okay I had a great idea in mind. I saw a preview for the new Final Destination movie and I was like omg I want to do a group RP revolving around that *grins*. If anyone has ever seen any of the movies you'll know what the group RP would be like. For those who don't know, I included a little summary of what the first movie was about which is down below.

Alex Browning is going on a high school graduation trip to Paris with his fellow peers. Before take-off, Alex has a premonition that his flight explodes in mid-air, killing everybody. Alex then wakes up, assuming the events to be just a dream. However, as events from his vision begin to repeat themselves in reality, Alex panics and attempts to stop the flight. The resulting commotion leads to a handful of passengers being left behind. As they witness the explosion from the terminal, they realize that what Alex witnessed wasn’t just a dream. Soon after, the survivors of the flight begin dying in a chain of bizarre accidents, in the same order they would have died on the plane.

Now, my group RP would not necessarily be about Alex Browning or the plane crash, I want it to be something that everyone or the majority of people want it to be about. I am taking suggestions as to what would be the most interesting for you guys out there. I need to decide what sort of thing we want to do. I listed a bunch of options down below which you can pick from or you can come up with ideas on your own and tell me them in this thread! Once we decide what we want it to be about then we can come up with more thoughts such as characters and stuff ^_^

- airplane crash
- highway crash
- amusement park roller coaster crash
- amusement park other sort of ride cave-in
- race car crash
- horse race crash
- cruise ship capsize (burning)

I would be playing the person who is getting the premonitions and the rest of you guys would be the others :) ^^

Update:
OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41001.0
Character Profiles: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41002.0
In Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41003.0
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Greg MD

I love the cruise ship idea. It's original and hasn't been onscreen (at least, not Final Destination style.) I'd love to get onboard!

Saku

No, Death is not an available character haha. I guess I should explain how things would work regarding that.

First of all, once I get a cast of people for this game I will roll dice to choose the order of death and then post it in my first post introducing the game. That will be the order of death as follows Final Destination rules.

Once the initial part is over and people are supposed to start dying I would PM the first character that is supposed to die and let them know how Death is going to try and kill them. Then it is left to the person playing that character to RP out how they are attacked in RP etc... which they are required to set up in their next three posts. Once the third post is written - which should include the actual attack intending to kill said character - my premonition guy will post next to the character being attacked.

Hopefully my character saves yours. (I will decide if he saves you or not by dice) If he does save you then yay Death has skipped you and will now go to the next person in line. ETC.

Example:

Cast of Characters
Rick
Susan
Charlie
Ty
Izzie

I roll dice to see what order death gives them. It is what I listed up above let's say. So Rick is the first to die. I write the first post with my character seeing Rick, Susan, Charlie, Ty, Izzie and my character dying in a freak accident. So my characters tells those people to come out with him or else they will die, we leave and then my character's visions become real. Now suddenly everyone is all freaked about this.

I PM Rick's player and let him know that Death will try to kill him by causing a car to hit him. Rick's player thinks about it and writes 2 posts that leads up how a car tries to hit him etc... and in the 3rd post he writes he describes a car actually coming to hit him. But he doesn't SAY the car hits him, he just leads up to the actual act since Rick's player doesn't know if he will survive or be saved. (When I say you write 2 posts I don't mean in a row, you can write them in a row if you want or you can just post whenever you can, I hope I'm making sense here lol)

Now, I roll dice to determine if my premonition guy saves Rick. If it's YES then I write a post saying my character saves Rick from being hit by a car. Death passes by him and goes onto Susan. I PM Susan's player and do something similar ETC.... If Rick doesn't get saved, I write a post saying my character was too late to save Rick and watch as he gets hit by a car and dies. Death moves onto Susan. I PM Susan's player ETC...

NOTE: I will not INSTANTLY PM the next person in line or else the RP would be over quite fast haha, so you'll have to check your Inbox from time to time to see if you've gotten a message from Death ^^
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Greg MD

Sounds pretty badass to me! One question, so if our character does end up having to die according to the dice, after our three posts are up and then your guy writes up how he witnesses the accident, could we then write a final post about our own death? Not that I'm knocking your capability of doing it and all, I just think that it would be interesting to see how each of us has a different style when writing our own death  :D

Saku

QuoteOne question, so if our character does end up having to die according to the dice, after our three posts are up and then your guy writes up how he witnesses the accident, could we then write a final post about our own death?

Sure! That sounds great. Maybe if your character does end up dying, I'll just have my character witness the accident and end up saying he has a bad feeling about this and then you can write one last post about the death of your character *smiles* :)
I'm back!

Keala Mensha Khaine

Ohhhh...this sounds awesome! I shall sign myself up for this one! :)

Saku

Okay here is an updated list of who is interested for sure.

Saku
LadySky
Greg MD
Keala Mensha Khaine
Daylily

I would like at least 1 other person involved and then we can start! If no one else jumps on board then could maybe any of you guys play an extra character too?
I'm back!

Greg MD

I wouldn't mind playing an extra character. In fact, even IF we get two more players, I still would like to play more than one person, as it ups the body count!  ;)

Keala Mensha Khaine

I would play two if needed as well! I am fine with that if needed. The more people, the more bloody mayhem that can happen, and who doesn't like a lot of mayhem in their life? :D

Saku

Okay then when I get a response from LadySky as well seeing if she'd like to play any additional characters I'll start it up sometime this upcoming week :) ^^

This is kind of like a Mafia-style game except this time it's RP :p since once we start we can't introduce new people but it is meant to be a short game so once everyone is dead ahahaah we can start it up again and have new people come in as well :) *grins*

Should be fun!
I'm back!

Greg MD

Shouldn't there also be 4 or 5 minor characters who are briefly mentioned in the beginning who end up dying in the first disaster? There were as far as I could remember in all three movies, friends of the main character who were killed in the plane crash, the highway pile up, and the roller coaster accident, even after the main character was safe. That'd be wicked to read about their deaths.

LadySky

I am totally here and I would love to play two characters!

Greg MD

Awesome! Each of us plays 2 characters. That's actually pretty cool, because even if the first person on Death's list is killed, that player isn't immediately eliminated at the beginning. This allows them to stay with one other character at least for a little while. Pluse, 8! Woohoo!

Saku

Quote from: Greg MD on July 03, 2009, 05:57:35 PM
Shouldn't there also be 4 or 5 minor characters who are briefly mentioned in the beginning who end up dying in the first disaster? There were as far as I could remember in all three movies, friends of the main character who were killed in the plane crash, the highway pile up, and the roller coaster accident, even after the main character was safe. That'd be wicked to read about their deaths.

Remind me of this again? Not sure I get what you're saying lol :p and yay! Okay then I should have something sometime this upcoming week, possibly this weekend if my health stays good or rather probably this weekend if my health stays good xD ^_^

Fun! Lots of excitement! *grins*
I'm back!

Greg MD

Quote from: Saku on July 03, 2009, 06:39:19 PM
Remind me of this again? Not sure I get what you're saying

In the first one, there were the 6 or so survivors who made up the entire movie. They got off the plane on which their other classmates remained and were all killed, including a couple minore characters who were shown before boarding, like the two sisters (I think they were sisters), and the male teacher.

In the second one, the main girl was about to embark on a road trip with her 3 friends. When she stepped from her care after the actual crash, her three friends were struck by a semi and killed.

In the third one, The lead girl's boyfriend and a couple other friends who had minor speaking roles in the openning scene, remained on the coaster and were killed.

Saku

Oh yeah I remember now neat! Yeah I can totally incorporate that into the RP :) ^^ Oooh I had a great idea, what about if each of us played a character that ended up dying by staying on the cruise - I assume we decided on the cruise, right? Not actually do posts, here I'll try to explain better haha.

LadySky, Greg MD, Keala Mensha Khaine, Daylily, Saku

For the first post where some of the people on the cruise die as you stated Greg. Each of us plays 1 character of our choosing, maybe they are all friends and we end up dying in the first post because we choose to stay on the cruise etc... I will be the one writing the first post of course BUT each of you will PM me a short length paragraph that explains your death. Once I get all the paragraphs I will put them together into one post and set up the order of the deaths by choosing an order through dice. I will also include the order of the people who die of our characters who DO survive along in the first post. As we discussed before *smiles* should be fun!

Did you all get what I'm trying to say? Sometimes I'm bad at explaining. xD

I'll set up an OOC & Character Thread at some point tomorrow so you can go nuts :) Once the OOC and Character Thead go up you can start PMing me your paragraphs for the characters that end up dying in the beginning of the RP :)
I'm back!

Keala Mensha Khaine

So basically, the first post where our characters 'die' is going to be your vision, and it is from that you will save us. So, our first 'deaths' will just be your vision right?

Greg MD

Quote from: Keala Mensha Khaine on July 03, 2009, 08:52:17 PM
So basically, the first post where our characters 'die' is going to be your vision, and it is from that you will save us. So, our first 'deaths' will just be your vision right?

I think I got it. There are X amount of friends in a group, lets say 15. In the vision, all 15 die on board the ship. After the vision, one of Saku's characters urges they all leave, and 8 do. The other 7 die in the actual event that occurred in the vision when it actually happens in reality. What I believe she is saying is each of us pick one (or I guess 2) of the 7 to write a paragraph for, describing their death in the openning accident. Correct Saku?

Saku

Yes what Greg said lol.

You still have your main 2 characters that you will play in the RP but the ones that die immediately since they ignore my main character's vision are dead right away - those deadrightaway people are the ones that you are writing a death scene for. PM me your paragraph once I get OOC & Character Threads up.

It's just a little something so that you can get in on the action xD if it's too complicated I can just do it myself lol
I'm back!

Greg MD

Quote from: Saku on July 03, 2009, 09:22:07 PM
Yes what Greg said lol.

You still have your main 2 characters that you will play in the RP but the ones that die immediately since they ignore my main character's vision are dead right away - those deadrightaway people are the ones that you are writing a death scene for. PM me your paragraph once I get OOC & Character Threads up.

It's just a little something so that you can get in on the action xD if it's too complicated I can just do it myself lol

I'm definitely up to it, as well as helping if any extra work gets put on you, babe.  ;)

LadySky

Excellent I will have my deadrightaway character on my list of to dos for tomorrow!

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.