Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteTigerForever

aaaaaaaaaha ha ha ha.. I sooooo luv this..XD!!!!

Not accepting new roles but Photoshop riches await you instead.

Jmorty33

Oh man, that's one of my favorite GIFS! It's hilarious! Lol Red Ranger!
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

WhiteTigerForever

It is one of those classic types that no matter how many times you look at it you still end up laughing your ass off...XD!

Jmorty33

I seriously wonder what was going on when this footage was captured?

Sabby

It's the Zordon Era :P most of which was terrible writing and silly evil plots. Guessing Rita seriously thought that cursing Jason with dancing would make them unable to fight. Theres a reason I swing towards Post-Zordon, though In Space was amazing.

Jmorty33

Oh come on the Zordon Ranger series weren't that bad it. Sure there was some goofiness and bad writing, but it got better when the second season of Mighty Morphin came and got pretty good once Zeo hit. It faltered when Turbo came around but it greatly redeemed itself when In Space aired, that one was brilliant.

WhiteTigerForever

Jmorty33

I just had to post this ;D

Sabby

He would have been well paid if Disney hadn't fucked with Ninja Storm... original script was actually a Power Rangers civil war. Think on that for a second, comprehend its awesomeness, and then look what we got instead xD

Jmorty33

Yeah Linkara talked about that in his HOPR, that would have been a fucking awesome show. Two sides of the same heroes fighting because of different views on how to fight evil... It's a fool proof idea!

Sabby

It's an expensive idea. I knew about it before Linkara's review, but he helped put it into perspective. Most of the shows assets already destroyed or sold, its a wonder they had a show at all.

Jmorty33

Plus they were filming in a country that banned the show so I'm still surprised they allowed them to film that season.

Sabby

That never seemed a problem for me, actually, they don't want it on their TV, but filming is good income, New Zealand is lucky they got the chance, they'd be stupid to turn them away.

Besides, that banning is hilarious. I checked the Wiki, and the exact quote was that it was banned because of several (note, several, as in, a few) phone calls, including, I shit you not "a mother of children"

Oniya

As opposed to a mother of what?   ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

I can see the scene in my head, executives going through the 4 phonecalls dismissively. "Sir... this ones from a mother" "...of children? o.O" "...yes v.v" "What have we become..."

Jmorty33

To think, Japanese mothers had no problem with this and didn't complain. We decide to translate it and add our own actors and moms start getting offended. Come on it's Saturday Morning Cartoon violence, nothing serious. If anything at all they should like it because of the moral undertones thrown in to every episode!

Sabby

I'd love to lay the blame squarely at Lord Zedd's feet, because of how fucking badass he is, but really, it was because majority of the problems were solved with violence. The 'moral lesson' came in a speech afterwards, but the actual resolution was usually beating the monster up until it exploded.

Dino Thunder had a plot where a bully and the Blue Ranger were scheduled to fight after school, and it kept getting put off, and even though he's a nerd, he fights off robotic dinosaur people without even morphing, so the whole thing felt a bit silly that he's afraid of a normal bully... it wasn't that he didn't want to hurt anyone, he was actually scared. But instead of whooping the jocks ass like he could have, they resolved the situation peacefully, he used his dork skills to show him why his soccer kick sucks and in exchange he'd leave his friends alone.

That was one of the few times I saw the show actually steer away from violence. So I can understand why the mums hated it.

WhiteTigerForever

Even still to this day, The Japanese Power Rangers are the beest...lmfao..!!!

center]Power Rangers/Super Sentai Funny/Dancing[/center]

WhiteTigerForever

I loled so hard on these..XD!!!!

It's all in fun, hope it doesn't offend any one...:D

Wolfy

Ya know..I don't think I ever saw PR: Jungle Fury. o3o

Anyone know how good it is?

Jmorty33

Jungle Fury is exactly like Power Rangers Dino Thunder, but with Kung Fu and ancient chinese spirits.

Sabby

It's pretty good so far :) usually the Zord battles are the boring parts for me, but Jungle Fury had some surprisingly good robot fights... and I love their mentor, RJ. It's like if Zordon were Zen... Zendon... yeah.

Fieryone

White Tiger I think you mean to say you like the original source Material "Super Sentai" the most.

But either way, I wish I had my Netflicks account on, I want to rewatch In Space.

Violence

I'm currently rewatching Time Force, after having rewatched SPD and Dino Thunder (I'm not really going in any order, as much as I'm trying to watch the ones that were a favorites of a friend of mine).  I keep getting surprised at how complex the characters can be in some of the seasons given that the show always had the reputation of the characters just being "Teenagers With Attitude"...

Sorta wish I could convince my friends that was the case so that they'd watch them. *laughs*
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Wolfy

Soo...in Jungle Fury, the Master (RJ?) says that the morphers he has were basically created by a friend of a friend who accessed the morphing grid..

Now, there's no doubt that this "Friend" was one of the original rangers, most likely Tommy, but anyway....does this mean that anyone that can tap into the morphing grid can become a ranger/make morphers?