Interest Check: Mech Arena Combat RP - ONE VACANCY LEFT

Started by Vergil Tanner, March 03, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

I made some small edits to Angela's profile.  The factories that I mentioned that her parents owned on Mars are primarily factories that build the frames and weaponry of Heavy Mechs.  I also added that Angela and Ragnarok represent her parents' factories every time she enters the arena.  I figured that I needed to add a little more detail to that subject as it was kind of lacking.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

No worries, I understand. :-)

Right, so, as I understand it we have one or two new profiles being prepped for submission. Can those of you who haven't given me a writing sample please do so? Thank you!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Vergil Tanner

So, I figured I should whip up a bio. So here he is! Thoughts? :D

Player Name: Vergil Tanner

Character Name: Zachariah "Zack" Masselli.
Sex: Male, straight.

Planet or colony of origin: Venus.

Appearance: "Zack" is not what you would call a "pretty boy." He's starting to approach middle-age, and as such his face is no longer smooth and warm but rather is rough, pock-marked and more than a little grizzled. He has a little bit of stubble around his cheeks and chin, and a harsh, squared jaw and flat, boxy chin. His nose is a little squashed and has been broken and re-set more than a couple of times, but his eyes - whilst carrying a little bit of weight in the slight bags beneath them - aren't as unfriendly as the rest of the face may have you believe. There are lines from frequent smiles and laughs etched into the skin around them, and his brow carries the furrows of more than a few raucous nights out. He doesn't have any wrinkles - despite the slightly weathered look, he still looks about 30 - but he does have several lines and small scars dotting his face from previous encounters. He's not a small man, standing at about 6 feet with a relatively bulky, athletically muscular build and a rather broad pair of shoulders. He's leaning more towards the bulky rather than the lithe side, but is by no means body-builder level instead maintaining a sensibly proportioned build. Still...he is bigger than most average people you would care to mention. He might be starting to get a little older, but he makes it a point to stay in shape, especially given his current chosen profession; you don't see many unfit and successful mech pilots for a reason.

Brief History and Motivations: Zachariah was born in 2126, and grew up in a poor family on Venus just as the Second Solar War (2126-2135) was reaching its zenith and eventually winding down. His father had managed to avoid conscription due to his position as a worker on Venus's oxygen farms, which were under extra stress thanks to the fighting on the as-yet un-colonised planets of Pluto [Yes, Pluto isn't technically a planet in 2015, but it got recategorized in 2103. Why? Because I said so. So....nyeah] and Neptune, and the inhospitable and barren wastelands of Mars, where most of the fighting was taking place. Despite the strain on the economy of the planet, and despite various invasions against the different colonies on Venus by rival factions, Zachariah's family managed to make it out of the war relatively intact, with Zachariah being constantly aware that the chances were good that he would only ever work in the same industry as his parents. The education levels, residences and general career prospects on Venus were poor - barely meeting the minimum requirements for the standard of education mandated by most governments - and the chances of getting off of Venus due to success in the O2 and plant farms were all but non-existent. It was possible, if you were intelligent and well-educated, but if you were intelligent and well-educated, then you either didn't grow up on Venus, or you were part of a wealthier family anyway and didn't have to worry about working in the Biodomes for your entire life in the first place. All Zachariah knew was that he had to get off of Venus somehow; he couldn't face the same crushing work day after day in some boring old Biosphere for next to nothing pay for the rest of his life so, as soon as he turned 18, he joined the UFP military and left Venus for basic training.

He went on a grand total of eight tours - some obviously lasting more than others - being deployed to a variety of locations. From general policing work in the outer moons to peace-keeping exercises on "independent" planetoids to pirate-suppression in various asteroid belts and even open warzones on some moons and planetoids, the range of duties he was given was unlike anything he had dreamt of back on Venus. Oh, the profession wasn't exactly pleasant and it was oftentimes brutal, crushing and depressing, but he managed to get through it all, determined not to go back to live on Venus and work the same dead-end job as his parents. He didn't necessarily enjoy being a soldier - if anybody actually enjoys killing enemy combatants, they should probably not be given a firearm in the first place - but he made some extremely good friends while serving, and for every bad day and every horrific experience, there was at least one moment of camaraderie, laughter or wonder as he witnessed something he couldn't even imagine as a pre-teen lying awake back home. However, every good thing must come to an end, and he eventually retired at the rank of Major after 14 years of service at the age of 32. He just got....tired. After a while, the soldiers lifestyle catches up with you, and after 18 years of yearning for adventure and action and 14 years of getting it, he was ready for peace and quiet. Of course, that didn't last long; not a year after his retirement, he found that he actually - bizarrely - missed the intensity of combat (if not the imminent threat of death), and without anybody to keep him company in his approaching old age, he found himself reminiscing all day as he sat on his laurels. That, combined with the fact that a soldiers pension isn't actually that good and the brutal truth that - as a soldier - he didn't really have any skills that he could take into a normal 9-5 office job on Earth, he decided to enter the apparently lucrative world of Mechbowl. He was a soldier, so he figured that he would have an advantage over the younger competitors, it was intense and furious with little risk of death or injury...and the prizes were always big. So at the age of 33, he got himself a Mech, tinkered and tampered with it with the help of some old friends from the UFP Engineering Corps, and set out to make some money and keep his life interesting.

Two years later, he found himself hitting a wall in the Singles competitions; the prizes were enough to live on, but it was always an every-man-for-himself affair, and he found that without a team backing him up, he never managed to get the "big" prizes. Soldiers work in teams, after all, not individually and so his supposed advantage was actually slowing him down. He always finished in the top five, but without the mentality of having eyes in the back of his head - and with the younger competitors being so much more bloodthirsty - he never managed to get "Top Prize." And so, he applied to the Team Rankings, where the big prizes were, and where he could hopefully find a team to watch his back and actually start winning things more regularly. He got taken on as the "junior" member of a lower-rung team and, over the years, got to know other competitors and the way things worked until - about a year ago - he left and founded his own team, with him as the Captain. Now, he's looking to lead his team to bigger and better prizes, and maybe start making some real money to put into his pension.

Mech Name: "Sarge"

Mech Class: Command Assault.

Mech Armaments:
Weapons:

- 4WR Assault Rifle: The A-52 Suppressor Assault Rifle fires a sturdy armour-piercing tungsten round from a high-velocity muzzle at speeds of around 2,000 MPH and a rate of 30 rpm, each round hitting with a power rating in excess of thirty thousand pounds of pressure per round (this might sound high, but I've actually done the math, taking into account just how gigantic these guns actually are). The magazine can support a minute of sustained fire before requiring reload, and the unique sectioned, railed stock in addition to the motion dampening padding within the gun itself reduces recoil by up to 50%. Whilst it doesn't have the capacity for a scope, it fires enough rounds to make up for the lack of precise accuracy.

- 4WR 6-Missile-Pod: Featuring six explosive high-yield pods, this pod is mounted on the right-hand shoulder in a half-hexagonal, half-cube launcher whose safety covering can flick open to rain either direct or suppressing fire on the targets. Each missile carries a high-yield payload and travels at 350 mph towards its target [which isn't that ridiculous, since modern RPG's can fire their ordinance at about 230mph ]. Each missile can be fired either individually or at the same time as any number of others. The pod has three full pods of replacements, totalling 18 missiles overall, though the missile pod must be emptied before the replacement set can be loaded (which takes up to thirty seconds)

- 2WR 4-Missile-Pod: Identical to the above, save that it has six less overall missiles and is mounted on the left shoulder instead.

Subsystems:

- Advanced Sensors: Allows a higher chance of spotting stealthed units.

- Target Lock: Tracks target, even through cover. Allows equipped missiles to track and follow target.

- Flares: Can interfere with lock-on, including deflecting locked-on weapons.

Command Systems

- Localised Shield Generator: The Command Mech may deploy a portable shield generator that creates a spherical shield around the generators current location. Mechs and humans may pass through the shield unhindered, but gunfire may only leave the shield and not enter it. Once deployed, the shield cannot be moved, and after the shield has sustained a certain amount of damage, it will shut down. One use per generator. Start battle with 2 generators.

- Mobile Turret: The Command Mech may deploy a Machine Gun Auto-Turret. May be picked up and redeployed. Can be destroyed.

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I do need another Commander Mech, so if somebody wants to take on that role, let me know. We won't be able to start without another Commander anyway, sooooo....yeah. Haha.

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 09:45:13 AM
So, I figured I should whip up a bio. So here he is! Thoughts? :D
Everything looks good to me at a first glance!  I'll list my thoughts below:
Appearance: "Zack" is not what you would call a "pretty boy." He's starting to approach middle-age, and as such his face is no longer smooth and warm but rather is rough, pock-marked and more than a little grizzled. He has a little bit of stubble around his cheeks and chin, and a harsh, squared jaw and flat, boxy chin. His nose is a little squashed and has been broken and re-set more than a couple of times, but his eyes - whilst carrying a little bit of weight in the slight bags beneath them - aren't as unfriendly as the rest of the face may have you believe. There are lines from frequent smiles and laughs etched into the skin around them, and his brow carries the furrows of more than a few raucous nights out. He doesn't have any wrinkles - despite the slightly weathered look, he still looks about 30 - but he does have several lines and small scars dotting his face from previous encounters. He's not a small man, standing at about 6 feet with a relatively bulky, athletically muscular build and a rather broad pair of shoulders. He's leaning more towards the bulky rather than the lithe side, but is by no means body-builder level instead maintaining a sensibly proportioned build. Still...he is bigger than most average people you would care to mention. He might be starting to get a little older, but he makes it a point to stay in shape, especially given his current chosen profession; you don't see many unfit and successful mech pilots for a reason.
I don't know why, but this has me picturing this guy:

Mech Name: "Sarge"
Yeah, Angela will likely offer a few name suggestions.  :P
- 4WR 6-Missile-Pod: Featuring six explosive high-yield pods, this pod is mounted on the right-hand shoulder in a half-hexagonal, half-cube launcher whose safety covering can flick open to rain either direct or suppressing fire on the targets. Each missile carries a high-yield payload and travels at 350 mph towards its target [which isn't that ridiculous, since modern RPG's can fire their ordinance at about 230mph ]. Each missile can be fired either individually or at the same time as any number of others. The pod has three full pods of replacements, totalling 18 missiles overall, though the missile pod must be emptied before the replacement set can be loaded (which takes up to thirty seconds)
I need to add something like that to Ragnarok's Missile description.  Since it's larger, I'll likely say it has 4-5 pods of replacements.  I'll add that as soon as I get through typing this message up!
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 09:49:06 AM
Oh, I do need another Commander Mech, so if somebody wants to take on that role, let me know. We won't be able to start without another Commander anyway, sooooo....yeah. Haha.
Well, if no one else is willing to take the role and the person(s) who you said may be interested in piloting a Heavy aren't interested in a Command Role, I'll upgrade the Ragnarok to Command.   I think I have just about decided which combinations of the two Command Subsystems that I'd have her have.  ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

Eh, I thought about using him as a faceclaim, but he wasn't close enough to what I was thinking for me to be happy using it.

Assuming that they're on the same team :P

I'd say leave it at three. The extra size, after all, is just accommodating the extra missiles, isn't it? I mean, it will still have functionally more missiles than the smaller pods, but there just wouldn't be any room for an entire 'nother rack of missiles in the pods. :P

Well, you'd have to write up how she got to be leading her own Squad, if that's the case. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 11:30:38 AM
Eh, I thought about using him as a faceclaim, but he wasn't close enough to what I was thinking for me to be happy using it.

Assuming that they're on the same team :P

I'd say leave it at three. The extra size, after all, is just accommodating the extra missiles, isn't it? I mean, it will still have functionally more missiles than the smaller pods, but there just wouldn't be any room for an entire 'nother rack of missiles in the pods. :P

Well, you'd have to write up how she got to be leading her own Squad, if that's the case. :P
Ah, well, if you are having difficulty looking for a faceclaim, there's always Christa's Character thread in the F/S board.  She's a master at finding good character models!

*Nods*  True enough! 

Okay, three sounds reasonable.  Especially when I think about the number of projectiles used for her Rail Gun and the Minigun's three barrels of ammo. 

Haha, well, if I do decide to do so, I'd likely have her not technically having her own squad, but rather running through teammates constantly because they either fail horribly (as seen in the 2v2 in the writing sample) or because they cannot seem to work with her for some reason or another and quit!  :P  Still, I'll wait a little bit and see.

EDIT:  Okay, updated the Ragnarok's Missile Description.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

I think you misunderstand me a little...I don't particularly care about Faceclaims. I had a cursory look, couldn't find one I liked, so wrote the description instead. I'm not about to go hunting for a faceclaim because it really isn't that important. :P

Yeah, you might want to keep some room for the ammo. :P

Well...considering that we're gonna have two groups of three players as two established teams, I think you've just talked me out of letting Angela be a Command Mech since she doesn't seem to be the type to be in Command of a Squad. :P

King Serperior

Ah, alrighty then!  Just thought I'd offer a suggestion!  ^.^

*Nods*  Though I think Ragnarok has enough space to store ammo for, when it eventually gets upgraded, 2-3 more weapons as I think the spare Missile Pods take up the most space.  Three barrels of minigun ammo shouldn't take up too much space and the projectiles used for the Rail gun are each about 2 feet long, give or take.  As they are relatively thin (but dense), they shouldn't take up much more space than a large motorcycle, even at 50 projectiles stacked atop one another.  Plus, they aren't explosive. which adds to safety.  :D

*Laughs*  No problem at all!  She just has an itchy trigger finger.  I see her as a weapon in her own right:  Dangerous, but moreso when pointed in the right direction and let go.  ;)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I appreciate it, I just don't really see faceclaims as all that important. :-) The only times I've spent hours looking for one is when the game I'm in made them compulsory. >.>

LOL, you think you're gonna be getting a total of 6 weapons on that thing? Heeeeeeell no. The weapon caps will be staying pretty much where they are for the moment. What Mech game do you know of that has a Mech with six weapons on it? :P :P
Seriously, though, you'd be surprised. How fast does the minigun fire? Quite fast. If you want to actually be able to get through a match without running out of ammo, you're gonna need a lot of space for the rounds. :P

Well, I might ask you to tone that attitude down juuuuust a little, since it's unlikely anybody would put up with an uncontrollable trigger-happy barbarian who is just as likely to shoot her own teammates....which would result in her Commander likely kicking her off the team. So maybe dial it back a little to where it's actually believable that she's on a team. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 12:03:16 PM
LOL, you think you're gonna be getting a total of 6 weapons on that thing? Heeeeeeell no. The weapon caps will be staying pretty much where they are for the moment. What Mech game do you know of that has a Mech with six weapons on it? :P :P
Seriously, though, you'd be surprised. How fast does the minigun fire? Quite fast. If you want to actually be able to get through a match without running out of ammo, you're gonna need a lot of space for the rounds. :P
Haha, a slight exaggeration!  Though, I have seen some mech ideas where they can put energy weapons that pull from the mech's energy core.  Obviously not relevant to the game, but energy weapons are ways to put in multiples.  :P   

Though, now that you mention it......should I up the ammo count from 60,000 to something higher for the minigun?  The way you make it sound, it's likely I estimated low.  >_>;
Well, I might ask you to tone that attitude down juuuuust a little, since it's unlikely anybody would put up with an uncontrollable trigger-happy barbarian who is just as likely to shoot her own teammates....which would result in her Commander likely kicking her off the team. So maybe dial it back a little to where it's actually believable that she's on a team. :P
No problem on that count.  In battle, she'll likely act just as she does in that writing sample.  She's no trigger-happy barbarian, but she does really enjoy battle and is pretty competitive.  She'd just as likely use her mech as a shield for her weaker-armored teammates.....a shield that can fire back!  ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Well that's as may be, but for the foreseeable future, 3 is all you're getting. :P

Probably. I mean, miniguns with three barrels burn through their ammo FAST. I mean...a modern day minigun has six barrels and fires 6000rpm. So by modern standards, your minigun would fire 3000rpm. Now factor in the advancements in firearms in 150 years, and you'll likely come up with something like 6-9000/minute. On the conservative side, that's maybe ten minutes of firing you have there in your ammo count. :P

Well, so long as you keep her believable! :P :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 12:23:46 PM
Well that's as may be, but for the foreseeable future, 3 is all you're getting. :P
Not complaining one bit!  I rather like the setup Ragnarok has.   8-)
Probably. I mean, miniguns with three barrels burn through their ammo FAST. I mean...a modern day minigun has six barrels and fires 6000rpm. So by modern standards, your minigun would fire 3000rpm. Now factor in the advancements in firearms in 150 years, and you'll likely come up with something like 6-9000/minute. On the conservative side, that's maybe ten minutes of firing you have there in your ammo count. :P
I think you misunderstood.  Ragnarok has three barrels of ammo.  The minigun itself has six barrels.  That said, I'll up the ammo count from 60,000 to something that seems more appropriate......perhaps 120,000 -180,000 rounds?  My word, I severely underestimated the speed of a minigun, haha! 
Well, so long as you keep her believable! :P :P
As long as she is believable in her current state, there's no need to change her.  She's just a girl who likes big guns.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

You should, since it's your mech :P

As long as you have room on the mech for it! And yes, you kinda did. :P A futuristic minigun would probably fire 12,000 rounds/minute. :P

Haha, well, we'll see how that pans out!

King Serperior

Okay, by my calcs and your estimate as to the RPM of a futuristic minigun of 12,000 R/M, I can put 360,000 rounds of ammo into the Ragnarok.  The reasoning behind this is that the Rail Gun's projectiles, when stacked neatly, give an ammo supply mass of about a Motorcycle, which is extremely small when compared to a mech the size of Ragnarok.  The three spare Missile Pods should be about the size of an average car lengthwise if stacked correctly, maybe two.  Either way, that would still leave a massive amount of room for 360,000 rounds of ammo, which should give it about 20-30 minutes of continuous fire (not that Ragnarok will actually fire for 30 minutes straight!). 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Preliminarily, that sounds good. :-) Though I might alter that number a little closer to the time. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 16, 2015, 01:34:24 PM
Preliminarily, that sounds good. :-) Though I might alter that number a little closer to the time. :P
Well, it's been edited and fixed up in the profile.   :-)  I think that's about the vast majority of the changes that I'll do to the profile until the last of the characters pop in to be picked apart and glued back together.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

No worries! So, still looking for one more heavy and a Commander...so, let's hope we get what we need soon!

Jarred109

I suppose I could offer Ivan as a commander? He's pretty much constantly working on Lady or practicing, so he would definitely have the drive to put the time and effort to be a commander. The only problem I'd see would be that he doesn't have a lot of leadership experience, and because of that I can't imagine him being a particularly dominating leader. "Well, what do you guys think we should do, this isn't a mechtatorship, its a mechocracy!"

That and Lady is going to start complaining if he adds too many more systems to her. She's supposed to be this light and agile flower, tracking down enemies and marking them with grenade explosions.  ::) Though I'm sure he'll be able to talk her into some upgrades if no one else wants to take the position. Two gentlemen from lower class farming planets commanding their own mech teams has a nice bit of a ring to it.

Made some small changes to the profile, fixed the spelling errors I caught and a picture King Seprerior found that I liked.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, if you want the Commander slot, you have but to ask; have a think about it and decide whether it's something you want for your character, and if it is, write up how he got the position. :D

Jarred109

Hmm, I'll throw some ideas around tonight and write it up if no ones volunteered for the spot by sometime tomorrow.

Vergil Tanner

Zaer Darkwail

Hi, King Serperior told about this game and I read the past pages and I got interested on the heavy spot (and act also leader). Here comes my char;

Player Name: Zaer Darkwail
Character Name: Richardo ('Richie') Monteu Tarkanna
Sex: Male
Planet or colony of origin: Venus, but lived most life in Earth

Brief History and Motivations: Richardo Monteu Tarkanna for a reason has long name as his mother is from Venus colony which is mostly inhabited by people who trace their ancestry to latinos and italians in century ago in earth. However most important part of his name is last one; Tarkanna as that is name which belongs to high ranking noble with lots influence in The Zhu Dynasty. At first affair between his father and mother was kept secret as it was sort of thing what advisor did not never wish reveal (he was married after all when he met Richardo's mother first time). Richardo was five years old when his father's wife passed away and then after year mourning her advisor took new wife (Richardo's mother) and took Richardo in as 'adopted' child (when in truth he was biological son of his). A year later his younger sister was born and he learned in the empire heir status moves by bloodlines but because Richardo was taken as adopted (being secretly unrecognized bastard), he had no right to claim heir status of Tarkanna family line.

But even so if he was second place in inheritance wise he did not miss anything; he got everything he wanted and grew to be bright and educated (if having big ego and hot temperament which caused occasional drama and scene in Zhu empire strict social environment where self-control was highly valued). He tried out many hobbies until he saw his first mechbowl arena battle in age of eighteen and then told his father he wanted to be a pilot. Thanks to his father's connections he quickly got experienced veteran as tutor and he was next six years taught about mech combat. He used highly advanced combat simulators with advanced AI's as his opponents (reaching 60% win rate with hardest difficulty) and daily practiced combat and military theory and overall about mechbowl and mechs themselves. His father even got him sponsor for one more successful Zhu empire companies; Dragon Energy Tech. Naturally that company provides all advanced hardware for his first mech which has advanced energy systems and electronics as main production items (note; mechanics wise he starts like anyone else but future upgrades kept in mind this detail).

Now in age of twenty four he enters to his first fight debut, he feels confident and ready to go for real deal after years of practice. To him this is a hobby, expensive hobby but considering he is not heir and thus he has no future taking over father's legacy he enjoys his life so far. However there is going to be change to that lifestyle....(cue the write example scene)

Mech Name: Kyojin ('giant' in japanese)

Mech Class: Command Heavy

Mech Armaments:

Siege Weapon: Hades Mark-III Artillery Cannon, it's capable launch explosive ammunition charges over to several miles away in rapid sequence to provide suppressive bombardment support to front lines. Even if none missiles land directly on target, they cause devastation in area and destroys potential covers (but also create it when there is none thanks massive debris clouds the missiles do in landing).

Battle Cannon: Kami-24TC is a battle cannon which launches 24 tons caliber ammunition in rapid semi-automatic triple shot sequences onto target. It's intended for safety for Kyojin in case foe comes too close to use artillery cannon. With solid reload speed and accuracy and damage it's considered by military standards a 'old and reliable' model.

Subsystems: Using Heavy Mech Support System package.

Command Subsystems: Advanced Radar, Advanced Communications Relay

Mech Appearance: Pic presents Kyojin in mobile form and artillery cannon is strapped on left side of the pic and battle cannon on right. Although his mech has legs but his mech is very slow to move overall. When he transforms he sinks his feet partly onto ground (thanks digging and drill equipment located at base of the feet) and becomes a more tower alike (cannon sliding from side to his back and extend forward out and able make full 360 turns slowly and battle cannon becoming a mobile circling turret onto side of the metal tower). Battle cannon can aim different target than artillery cannon naturally. There is massive radar disc which appears more clearly in tower mode and also advanced communication antenna opposite side from it. Energy core is located directly behind his artillery cannon in tower form, so when rail cannon turns so does position of energy core.

Time for chick leave the nest

Richardo was checking on the systems on Kyojin, feeling them out as it's had been brought out fresh from the factory and installed a prototype energy core by Dragon Energy Tech company. The entire mech had various advanced electronics on it, but most mentioned radar and ability to communicate secure manner with a team mate, despite potential scrambling methods used which are common in higher league. However he is not sure which teammate he gets for his team as he goes to Mars, hopefully find a good scout or assault mech user as either one would be ideal target for communication. A stealthy scout would help him locate and mark targets for him. But his mech is designed on support and has upgraded radar and communications because his greatest weapon is not his heavy artillery but his tactical mind which had been trained and harnessed by ten years of stimulation and training with practice mechs.

All this went through Richie's mind as he inspected everything...

Six...when I started it felt so long time but now as I look back it's mere flash. Yet I can feel how I have changed since then I was eighteen years old, I know lot more about mechs and mechbowl.

He hears then his father is here on the hangar, so he turns off the systems and climbs out from the mech to outside where his father stood in his usual blacks and white business suit. As Richie came closer his father looked with his usual neutral stern and serious expression and spoke; "The mech, it's up to specifications you requested?" Richie smiled, he could had hugged his father but he knew he disliked it, so he simply bowed and kept small smile as he replied; "Yes father, he's magnificent. Thank you so much giving money to purchase him." father smiled little in turn and replied; "No problem, it was your inheritance after all." Richie became surprised and asked; "Inheritance? But, your no where near dying...I hope at least!"

Father made short laugh and replied; "Thank you for concern, but no I am not dying. But this, is your dream Richie. I thought you may want study become a doctor, professor or businessman. But no, a mech pilot. But mechs, good ones, cost a lot money when your not using spare and used parts. There is plenty inheritance left over still though from all purchases so you can live comfortably in Mars and I got you already a one sponsor your presenting in Mechbowl matches. It's time Richie that you depart from the nest, all money you have is yours and yours alone. But further money you have to earn yourself."

Richie was hurt, shocked but also bit angry as he asks; "B-but why?! Am I not your son and would I not deserve more from you?! Could you not sponsor me?" Father smile faltered little and was back stern as he lectured his son; "My income is not bottomless, I could purchase your mech but repairs are done by your sponsor. In truth you had been frivolous with money for many years, it's time you learn it's value. Also yes, your my son but we both know why your listed in family records as adopted son. Despite that I promised your mother always get you what you desired and look after you.

However, do not think this as means for me being cruel to you. As how else you can bring your full brilliant potential in line for your matches, if your not afraid nor caring loosing a match? Loose, and you get mech only repaired and bit over that for living and other expenses. Win and you make your mech better to win greater battles."

Richie sighs as he realizes his father is right and considering how generous he has been and kind overall, if bit stern side, he cannot hold grudge of him if he now decides cut financial bond with him. But still they retain their familial bond and so he smiles again and bows to him and says; "Thank you so much father, I hope make you and your family proud of me." Father then smiled and said; "Do so, so this investment past ten years and today has not been for nothing. You had brought occasional shame to me but now you get chance redeem yourself."

And so Richie spend last dinner with his family; mother, father and his sister who was studying in university as he then departs to Mars....to start his entry debut matches and start long climb to galactic championship.

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey, I'm going to bed so I can only hit a couple of points really quickly, and I'll do the rest tomorrow. :-)

"But even so if he was second place in inheritance wise he did not miss anything; he got everything he wanted and grew to be bright and educated (if having big ego and hot temperament which caused occasional drama and scene in Zhu empire strict social environment where self-control was highly valued). He tried out many hobbies until he saw his first mech arena battle in age of sixteen and then told his father he wanted to be a pilot. Thanks to his father's connections he quickly got experienced veteran as tutor and as thirteen of age he was next ten years taught about mech combat. He used highly advanced combat simulators and daily practiced combat and military theory, his father even got him sponsor for one more successful Zhu empire companies; Dragon Energy Tech. Naturally that company provides all advanced hardware for his first mech which has advanced energy systems and electronics. Thanks advanced energy core he could mount one rare (and sold used) military used rail cannons mounted for his mech."

I would tone that down a little bit, since at the moment it kinda sounds like "and he's really awesome no really you guys." Not saying that was the intention, but saying that by the time he was 24 he had ten years experience in a Mech is already suggesting that he's heads and shoulders above everybody else. Maybe reducing it so that he started training when he was 17 or 18....of course, if you're planning to do the whole "Never been in a contest before, and his first taste of actual combat is a sharp wake up call," in which case, that sounds a little easier to stomach.

The second point is....would you mind listing your weapons, subsystems and Special system in a list-format please, rather than doing it in a block paragraph? It just makes it easier to read at a glance. Please and thank you! Further analysis and criticism will come tomorrow, once I've slept. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I will edit those things when you bring rest criticism in :). Also yeah, point is more that he got ten years of simulators and tutorial and some pilot tests but overall he has got not genuine feel for combat (and that can be serious wake up call). Sort of comparing your char who has actual genuine combat experience under his belt, where my char got none (nor he had been trained with teammates which he know before hand, he know tactics but he is not sure are others capable stuff he asks of them).