Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

I've told you how I'm approaching things, trying to determine who's who. When there's a lack of information, I'm working with what I know, and that's how certain people approach things. I just played in another game with Mint where we were on the bad side. I saw behind the scenes how she approached things, how she 'tilted' perspectives and I thought I felt her trying to do it to me.

That is why I changed my vote, but I've been wondering about it for a little while based on her responses (I'd even told Guy as much yesterday in PM. He may confirm that if necessary). I voted for her as Sheriff because I like her and at that point I had less reason to doubt.

AmberStarfire

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Seranova on June 04, 2016, 05:36:01 PM
This is uncalled for in a game thread.

All out OOC here:

Agreed.  I'm actually needing to call this one out, too.  That makes me very uncomfortable, as a player, to read.

Deamonbane

Okay, I apologize for the passive aggressive remark. I don't apologize for the sentiment behind it. Throwing quiet folks under the bus without regards for knowledge of how this game works or RL time permitting feels a bit unfair to me.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Derwaysh

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 04, 2016, 05:28:40 PM
Bane makes a suspicious face," I don't know Der. Was your father a talking watercycle, or was he not?"

Then he turns to Rel and shrugs," Quietness for my part was more due to OOC reasons. I'm more inclined to wonder as to someone being pushy over someone being quiet. There's generally a reason for being quiet, and not usually one for being pushy. Someone wants someone to expose themselves to take the heat off of oneself, perhaps. As Sheriff, all eyes are on her. Maybe she wants to divert the attention."

If its any relief, Bane quiet ones in my experience often tend to be more fishy than not in LCS games.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Deamonbane

Bane pushes his spectacles up a notch," I see, I see. And was it your father that advised you to demand that none of your royal subjects touch the royal feet?"
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Verasaille

Yes it is a strategy for people who are not as familiar with the game to be quiet. But if they are paying attention, they will chime in soon, I am sure.

Keep in mind it is a warm summer weekend day and a lot of people are probably out enjoying themselves. Guy has given us a few extra hours to give people time to reply.

I have no idea why anyone would intentionally make themselves a target?

Amber, have a cup of calming tea. Maybe the coffee is getting to you? I think Mint is doing well, under the pressure. Everyone is acting suspicious, mainly because of the nature of the game, we all tend to take every comment with intense scrutiny. I prefer to watch and observe, myself. Even if I jumped up and down and proclaimed my innocence, someone is bound to not believe me.

At this point I would rather go for a no kill night, just to be safe and let things cool off a bit.

(by the way, supposed to hit 100 this weekend where I am. NEED MORE ICE!)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: NightOwl35 on June 04, 2016, 05:33:34 PM
I find it suspicious how fast you're flip flopping votes and shooting shade at others.

We're all here to vote and discuss this, so why wouldn't I discuss it? You try discussing your thoughts on who may or may not be werewolves without 'shooting shade'. The only way is to tiptoe around the subject and not much gets done if everybody does that. Sometimes it takes shaking things up to see what falls out. Sometimes nothing gets learned if you don't talk about it.

Vera: There's still time to change my vote if I decide to. I'm playing it by ear.

Ceralilly

I am not going to so much take offense at Amber's remark about quiet players, because that is her opinion, but frankly there are many OOC reasons why a person may remain quiet. I do realize that this can slow the game progress, and thus draw attention towards said person for the means of speeding a game up to a comfortable pace for the majority of players, but that isn't a reason to base a vote IMO...we are given a time frame, and should be allowed that time frame to make our choices, speak out in the village, or NOT if we so choose. Using this against a player is ones own right, but it can discourage said players, especially newer players from being active at all, and stunt the game in in it's own rite.

This being said, I don't really think that Amber has painted a clear picture of her reasoning for changing her mind so constantly, it really is inconstant, and does not bode well...once again this is in MY opinion as a villager. We are also NOT supposed to use OOC knowledge to make our votes, so saying that having RPed with people in the past is not a valid reason for either voting or not for them.

I don't really know Amber  or many players, but I am using IC feels to make my vote...for AmberStarfire
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Derwaysh

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 04, 2016, 05:57:54 PM
Bane pushes his spectacles up a notch," I see, I see. And was it your father that advised you to demand that none of your royal subjects touch the royal feet?"

Of course they did. I brought great honour to the clans. I'm worth many oxen after all. :-[

...And because wolves devour oxen I've donned King Julian's helm. But! I am going to wait 'fore popping me vote. Like lady Versaille said, 48 hours is a good bit of time for the quiet ones to chime!
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

AmberStarfire

Cera: We're not supposed to typecast players based on prior games and I didn't. No one said we couldn't follow instincts if those were developed in prior games. I was simply explaining why I approached things the way I did because I was asked. People wanted a reason and I gave them my reasoning.

As for changeability, it is how I am. I'm opinionated enough that I will change my vote 5 more times if I feel it's warranted (unless there's a limit but I don't think there is). It does seem to get people talking and brings viewpoints out into the open more.

Ceralilly

I certainly respect that as I stated, dear, and I appreciate your explanation.

My vote stands for now.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

AmberStarfire

Remiel

NightOwl35 seemed excessively defensive when accused.   

Also, we have yet to hear from Esoteric Myobi or EmyKat at all...

Galactic Druid

Moving forward, I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone for their participation so far in the game. It's always fun to watch events play out, and I hope you guys are having a lot of fun playing. I know that mafia games can get a lot of people excited, especially those that invest a good amount of time into them, so I would like to take a moment to keep the rules of E in mind as the game moves forward, particularly that about civil conduct.

Also, please try and remember that many users of E come from not just all over the US, but the world as a whole, and the minimum activity level I ask of players is one post every 48-72 hours. Not everyone will have the exact same level of activity, and while it's acceptable to politely question them about it, a lighter posting rate is hardly irrefutable evidence of a player's guilt. Similarly, a polite response or explanation will carry more weight than an aggressive one.

At te end of the day, we play these games for fun, and I want each of my players to be able to enjoy themselves while playing. So please, have fun, and don't be afraid to play with one another, but please be sure to keep your civility in mind as you do so.

Thanks!

-Guy
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Deamonbane

Changing my Vote from Minty to No Lynching this turn.

yugi006

Voting not to lynch is a bad idea as that gets us nowhere. That is giving the werewolves a free kill during the night phase. It's better to vote for someone so we can hope to narrow thingsdown and all the better if we get a werewolf lynched.

Ceralilly

Tosses hugs to the great GM voice in the sky 

I agree with Yugi, Bane, vote for anyONE person...just vote in general to give us a chance to kill us a fuzzball. Giggles

Mintprincess

I think right now, if Bane wants to lynch nobody, that's valid enough.   We have 20 players. We'll get enough player votes that someone will go to the blocks.  Let's get back to focusing on what we're here to do, and that's find werewolves.   Based on the current targets, this Sheriff agrees with those who find the excessive vote swapping for little to no reason to be suspicious.   This Sheriff will also disclose that her playing style as a SHERIFF is to be aggressive, find information, and wait until the end to cast my vote.   

Although I'm already pretty sure I know where it's going.

Let's take Guy's message into effect and have fun!  Thanks <3

Ceralilly

Actually, well, damn...Mint has a good point too......

Is compelled to eat an Altoid

yugi006

It may be fine for now but if lots of people start doing it it might be a problem.

Remiel

Mhm, Yugi.  SOMEONE's got to cast that first stone.  If we all sit around staring at each other, going, "I'm going to wait until the end," it's going to be a very loooooooong game.

Not that I'm trying to rush anybody; at this point, we're all pretty much voting at random anyway.  I'm not even certain that voting "no lynching" on Day One is a bad tactic, as we'd have an equal chance of taking out one of the special roles as we do one of the bad guys.

The only person at this point who I'm reasonably certain can be trusted to be a villager is Aiden, and that's because if he was full of shit, somebody certainly would have called him on it by now.  Everybody else is suspect.

Ceralilly

Stands up to switch positions on stump....

Ow.

Deamonbane

I wasn't in a correct state of mind when I cast my first vote. I want to vote in favor of caution for the moment, gather my bearings.

I'm sorry for the scene that I made before, guys.

Ceralilly

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 04, 2016, 08:32:27 PM
I wasn't in a correct state of mind when I cast my first vote. I want to vote in favor of caution for the moment, gather my bearings.

I'm sorry for the scene that I made before, guys.
Grumpies happen! *Offers hugs*