Zombies Ate My Brain! (Survivors Win!)

Started by Remiel, November 26, 2010, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

No one knows how it happened.

One day everything was normal.  The next, all hell broke loose.  As best anyone can figure, it started somewhere in the southern United States in late July, 2012.  The media didn't make much of it at first.  Everyone thought it was just a resurgence of the avian flu, or SARS.  The CDC said that it was an irregularity, an airborne mutation, but nothing they couldn't handle. 

By the time we learned otherwise, it was too late.  Friends, loved ones, co-workers, all began to change, growing numb and cold and anemic.  Then, they turned comatose, like they were dead.  In the advanced stages of the disease, they lost their memories and personalities.  The virus turned them all feral, little more than animals, desiring only to feast on human flesh.

Things went to shit quickly after that.  The government declared martial law, but the virus simply spread too fast.  Entire cities were lost within days.  Communication began to break down as power stations were overrun and neglected.   Hundreds of millions of people either succumbed to the plague or died at the hands of the ravenous zombie hordes.

Somewhere in the Nevada desert, on the outskirts of what was once Reno, a small community of survivors has flourished.   Residing in a fortified Costco warehouse (it has thick walls, after all; limited points of entry that can easily be barricaded; and enough food and water to last a handful of survivors a few decades), they make their stand.  Will they last long enough to give humanity a new chance? Or will they, too, succumb to the zombie scourge?

Little do the survivors know that hiding among their ranks is a bloodthirsty Zombie.  While it looks and acts human, it is, in truth, anything but.  So far, it has managed to avoid detection.  However, driven by its relentless hunger for juicy, juicy brains, it is only a matter of time before it strikes!

As if that wasn't bad enough, another one of the survivors is an Infected, a carrier of the virus who has not yet progressed into the final stages of the disease.  It is probably only a matter of time, though. 

Will the survivors be able to root out the zombie(s) amongst their ranks? Or will the undead slay them all?

At the beginning of the game, there will be (1) Zombie and (1) Infected.  The Zombie does not know who the Infected is, and the Infected does not know who the Zombie is.  There will be (14) Survivors, including (1) doctor, (1) nurse, (1) scientist, (1) military veteran, (1) survivalist, (1) psychic, and (2) immune.

The game will start shortly with the Zombie feasting on a NPC.  Until then, feel free to get into character, put up a quick bio or introduction, or whatever.  At this point, no roles have been assigned.

Remiel

Once again, here's an explanation of the special roles:

The Zombie has a variant of the plague which allows him to act, look, and smell like a normal human; however, his mental faculties are already gone.  Although he seems normal, he thinks of nothing but feasting on sweet, sweet brains.  He also possesses the ability to Infect a Survivor, but only if he has snacked on brains the previous night.  In other words, a Zombie must successfully chow down on someone's brains on one night in order to Infect someone else the next night.

The Infected are humans that have been, er, Infected by the zombie virus.  They still retain the capability for rational thought; however, unless treated by a Doctor or Nurse, they will become a Zombie within 24 hours.  If the Infected has a special role when this happens, he will lose his normal abilities and become a regular zombie.

Some of the Humans will have special roles, skills from their former lives which will come in handy in this situation. These are:

Doctor: The Doctor has a vaccine which he may use once per night.  If an Infected is treated by the vaccine, he will be cured of the disease (although he may subsequently be Infected again).  Unfortunately,  if the subject is already a Zombie, the vaccine will do nothing.  The Doctor has the ability to tell whether the vaccine worked or not; in addition, if the subject he treats is a Zombie, he will be informed of this.

Nurse:  Like the Doctor, the Nurse possesses a vaccine which will cure an Infected human of the zombie plague.  She will also be able to tell if it worked or not.  However, unlike the Doctor, she will not be able to tell if the subject she tries to treat is a Zombie (she will only be told if the vaccine worked or not).

Scientist: (back off, man, I'm a scientist!)  Surreptitiously taking DNA samples, the Scientist will be able to tell if any person is a human, an Immune, an Infected, or a Zombie.  May only test one subject per night.

Military Veteran: Due to his military training, he may protect one person a night from zombie attack, in addition to himself.  He cannot protect against Infection, and may be Infected himself.

Survivalist: Raised his whole life in an anti-government commune militia in Montana, the Survivalist is paranoid to the extreme.  He has learned to sleep with his eyes open and keeps a gun under his pillow.  If a Zombie attempts to feast on the Survivalist's brains during the night, the Survivalist will instead kill the Zombie.  May still be Infected.  This is a passive ability.

Psychic: The Psychic will know, at all times, how many Zombies and how many Infected there are, but not know their identities. This is a passive ability.

Immune: These are just like regular survivors, except they possess either a super-resilient immune system or some genetic quirk that will resist any attempts at Infection.  Immune cannot be infected, but they can still be eaten by zombies. This is a passive ability.

As a reminder, I am altering the voting rules slightly as follows.

A plurality (or greatest number, even if that number is half or less) of votes will no longer be enough to exile a character from the base.   To exile someone, a character must have a majority (more than half) by the end of the allotted time period, or no one is exiled at all.

In other words, let's say there are 11 survivors left.  John has 5 votes, Jane has 3, and Tom has 3.  If John does not get 6 votes by the end of the allotted time, John survives the day.  Bear this in mind when casting your vote!

Remiel

It seemed that, when all was doomed, the survivors had managed to kindle a spark of hope within the daily nightmare that the world had become.  Well-entrenched in their Costco fortress, with enough food, water, and heating fuel to last at least a few years, many thought that they could outlast the zombie apocalypse.  It wasn't ideal; but, all things considered, it could have been a lot worse.

And then the unthinkable happened.  A scream shattered the early-morning silence within the warehouse.  Natalia, a pretty young woman from California, was found brutally slain in Aisle 15, her skull smashed in.  Even more disturbing than that, it appeared that most of her brains were missing.  Everyone's worst fears had come true--there was a zombie  masquerading as one of the survivors. 

An emergency council was formed, as the most respected and trusted members of the group met to decide what to do about the situation.  Accusations flew, emotions ran high, and paranoia surged.  Who among them had done the unconscionable deed?

Cast your vote for the person whom you think is a zombie.  Remember, in order to be exiled from the base, an individual needs to have a majority of votes.

The deadline for voting is about a week from now, 9:00pm PST Sunday, December 5th.

The survivors are:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Aiden

He knew since arriving that the small haven would be trouble, tensions where high but somehow they had begun to unify when it took a turn for the worse. With the death of someone within the compound he looked from the sleeping quarters he had taken along the higher scaffolding that once housed a pallet of canned nacho cheese.

Rubbing the back of his next he broke the silence everyone else had been mortified of breaking and making their first accusation.
"Margerite."
He honestly did not know and those exiled where doomed, but it was not as if he had any other evidence that made it clear she was not.

Geeklet

Geeklet took a moment, simply staring at the dead body in shock. He thought they were safe in here. When Aiden finally broke the silence, his head turned towards the other man and blinked a few times. It took a moment, but words finally managed to escape his lips.

"Wow, the body isn't even cold yet and you are already pointing fingers? Paranoid much?"

Zelric Miras

Leorobin showed up at the meeting as soon as he was notified, he arrived in time to hear Aiden's accusation he took his seat and glanced at those that had already arrived...Who amongst them was a potential threat to all of them? His own survival depended on this decision so now seriousmeasures had to be taken.

Ryven

He sat in the corner, cleaning his shotgun slow and meticulously.  One could never be too careful with their equipment.  It should always be in working order, or at least that's what he thought.  After making his way here with the other survivors, they were so sure that they would be fine and hold out until the majority of the chaos was over.  Maybe there would be a cure soon, but not many people believed in that anymore.

Ryven eyed his companions.  Each and every one of them.  He would have shown his normal morning respects, but this morning was different.  Natalia, a particularly nice young woman was now dead, her brains missing and assumed to have been eaten.  That only meant one thing: zombies.  One of them was a zombie and had managed, cleverly, to sneak in with them.  The problem now was to figure out who.

"I say it was Moirae.  I saw her putting on some red lipstick this morning.  No doubt to cover the blood left behind on them when she feasted on Natalia's brains."

Rhedyn

With a face awash with fear and shock Rhedyn looked around at the faces of the people as they gathered. How had this happened? The damned zombies had taken so much already now they just had to chow down on Natalia..? And right in the cereal isle? Damn, she'd never be able to eat cornflakes again.

Someone here was a zombie...but who? Scowling she looked for some sign of guilt from one of the other survivors.

Aiden

"Do not mistake my haste to find who is at the end of this for paranoia, I trust you no more or less than I trust you or anyone else. So until we are sure that who ever did this last night is found I will not sleep easy. Indecisiveness will lead to our downfall."

He looked at Geeklet with an annoyed look before moving away from the group and retreated to his nacho cheese cubby.

Geeklet

"Don't get me wrong. I want to find out who did this as much as you do, but does mindless blame solve anything? As long as we don't let our guard down, we still have some time to try to figure things out. Indecisiveness may be our downfall, but so is rash judgment."

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Valerian

"When the world's been overrun by zombies, paranoid is just a good thing to be," Val said, joining the group.  She'd been listening from her usual spot, behind a large display stand, pondering the full ramifications of this new, terrible death.

"You're right, we shouldn't panic.  But we can't just sit here telling each other not to panic.  If you don't want to vote, then talk.  Say who you suspect, or don't suspect.  If I say I think that Leorobin is the zombie, are you going to argue, or agree with me?  No offense, Leorobin," she added hastily.  "I'm just trying to get the discussion going."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Current voting, as it stands:

Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Marguerite (1) -- Aiden
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Imogen, Izu, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Rhedyn, rottenaim, Transgirlenstein

Marguerite

Marguerite cocked an eyebrow at the accusations being thrown about; she had no clue who could be a zombie but she knew not to be without her shot gun. Filling up her gun with the necessary ammunition, she looked around at the various people in the group. "Well since, Aiden, is accusing moi, why not, throw it back at him. I have no clue who it be since there is a bigger chance a zombie could be one of those damn dogs running around here." Nodding toward one of the mutts, she shushed it away from Natalia's dead body. "Hopefully, there are no zombie pets running around here because I might not hesitate to kill fluffy or a Princess if they are trying to eat my brains."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Geeklet

"Just try not to kill this princess, okay?" Geeklet reached up, making a motion as if adjusting an imaginary tiara atop hir head.

"Though I do have to wonder about Aiden a bit, the more I think about it."

Marguerite

Quote from: Geeklet on November 30, 2010, 01:30:31 PM
"Just try not to kill this princess, okay?" Geeklet reached up, making a motion as if adjusting an imaginary tiara atop hir head.

"Though I do have to wonder about Aiden a bit, the more I think about it."

"I meant Princess the Cat over there licking up a few spots of blood from the ground," she answered, pointing her hand towards the white cat before shushing it away. "What is it with animals and their fascination to lick up anything and everything, even if it is bad for them?" She looked back towards Geeklet and smiled at the tiara on top of hir head, "Where did you find that?"

Transgirlenstein

Transgirl thinks about it for a bit.  She was dressed in the remains of a skirt and top.  It still looked rather good on her despite being covered in a few holes and dirt.  "I think I have to go with Aiden as well.  He seemed a bit too quick to turn against Miss Marg."

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ryven

"People, people.  I understand you're wary of Aiden's quickness to vote, but we just had someone die, and a very  nice girl at that.  However, you cannot blame him for simply stating his mind.  We knew this had to be done, and if not Aiden starting off the painful process of accusing one of our own, who else would?  He seems as likely as everyone else.  So, I say to you, don't judge based on his quickness to get this process going but rather on his motives.  Like where he was when Natalia was so gruesomely made into a breakfast buffet."

Ryven spoke, finishing up his gun maintenance before loading his shotgun and chambering the first shell.

Aiden

"Well fuck all of you then, I'd rather take my chances out there then with the lot of you, you came rather quickly to her defense did you not?"
Aiden sneers at all of them and walks down the isles to pack food and water in a pack, in the even of him being kicked out of the sanctuary like hell he would do it unprepared.

Marguerite

"Ryven, why did you pick Moirae other than the lipstick bit as her being the possible killer? I think a few of us enjoy wearing lipstick no matter the color. Hell, I think one of us even fought over the last tube of cherry lip balm and almost cut a bitch," she answered, eyeing Trip and Geeklet, wondering if they were hiding anymore lip balm from her before looking back to Ryven. "My reason is simple because if someone votes for moi, I return the damn favor since we all do not know who is the brain-eating zombie."

Geeklet

When eyed, Geeklet quickly looked away, whistling a bit as if trying to act innocent. After a few moments passed, shi turned back to the group. "What? It may be the end of the world, but I will at least die looking good. I'm too damned pretty to be a zombie."

Ryven

Quote from: Marguerite on November 30, 2010, 05:22:21 PM
"Ryven, why did you pick Moirae other than the lipstick bit as her being the possible killer? I think a few of us enjoy wearing lipstick no matter the color. Hell, I think one of us even fought over the last tube of cherry lip balm and almost cut a bitch," she answered, eyeing Trip and Geeklet, wondering if they were hiding anymore lip balm from her before looking back to Ryven. "My reason is simple because if someone votes for moi, I return the damn favor since we all do not know who is the brain-eating zombie."

"I told you.  It looked like her lips were already quite red with something other than lipstick.  I can only assume it was the blood of dear Natalia."  He said with a smirk.

"Oh, I agree.  We don't know.  All we have is our own personal innocence...or had.  One of us has apparently recently lost it with a feast of brains to celebrate."

Marguerite

Quote from: Geeklet on November 30, 2010, 05:42:58 PM
When eyed, Geeklet quickly looked away, whistling a bit as if trying to act innocent. After a few moments passed, shi turned back to the group. "What? It may be the end of the world, but I will at least die looking good. I'm too damned pretty to be a zombie."

"Even with a zombie apocalypse, you are working that make up, Geeklet. Though do not try to steal my underwear again because there is no more Victoria Secret around here. Plus you rooted the whole bra bin in Los Angeles the last time we ventured into a big city." Marguerite could remember her own frenzy in getting supplies, clothes and heading out before the zombies congregated on the mall.

Quote from: Ryven on November 30, 2010, 05:47:50 PM
"I told you.  It looked like her lips were already quite red with something other than lipstick.  I can only assume it was the blood of dear Natalia."  He said with a smirk.

"Oh, I agree.  We don't know.  All we have is our own personal innocence...or had.  One of us has apparently recently lost it with a feast of brains to celebrate."

Marguerite looked over towards Moirae and noticed her red lips. "Did you get that lipstick from the Mac section? Ruby Woo, no?" Turning back to Ryven, she gave a shrug of her shoulders, "If she is a zombie, she is a damn good looking one."

Ryven

Quote from: Marguerite on November 30, 2010, 05:59:38 PM
Marguerite looked over towards Moirae and noticed her red lips. "Did you get that lipstick from the Mac section? Ruby Woo, no?" Turning back to Ryven, she gave a shrug of her shoulders, "If she is a zombie, she is a damn good looking one."

"No doubt about that.  I just hope that if she is the zombie, she wont feast upon me next."

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on November 30, 2010, 06:05:46 PM
"No doubt about that.  I just hope that if she is the zombie, she wont feast upon me next."

"True but she might be wary of biting you and having to kiss the barrel of your gun."

Zelric Miras

"Alea Jacta Est." he muttered looking up at Valerian as hse accused him. "A zombie? No I don't think I am. Nor I think that you are. My suspicion is on []Transgirlenstein, I think I heard her on that area the other night while I headed for the bathroom." He leaned back on his chair and looked at the others, he had no intention of remaining silent as the accusations ensued, still he wouldn't fall on someone that was so heavily accused without further evidence.

Transgirlenstein

"What?  I was up but I didn't see anything!  I was up for about 5 minutes then I was back to bed.  Why were you in the area Leo?"  She palmed the tube of cherry lip balm that she had found the other night.  There was no way she wanted Miss Marg or Geeklet to know she had it.

Remiel

Aiden (3) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Marguerite (1) -- Aiden
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Transgirlenstein (1) - Leorobin
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Imogen, Izu, Kyrsa, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Rhedyn, rottenaim

Rhedyn

She quirked her eyebrow as she listened to the 'discussions' unravel. Truth be told she had no idea who could have been feasting on brains just hours ago but Transgirlenstein had piqued her curiosity. "Yes Leorobin, everyone knows the bathrooms are nowhere near aisle 15...whatever made you go through that area to get there?" She had never previously had a particularly suspicious mind but now all things had changed...paranoia was setting it and it was near palpable in the atmosphere.

Izu

He stayed quiet, looking down at the dead motionless body, feeling how his insides were turning upside down. For a moment he felt how his knees were about to give in and he rushed away from the isle, soon throwing up in one of the recycle bins. He had known that it had been too good! But he had felt safe... he had really hoped that maybe they were going to be safe here... But he guessed that he and everyone else had been wrong. He coughed and whimpered softly as he dropped on his knees, glancing at the group of survivors that were now blaming each other. His face was just as pale as that corpse's face and he did look like he was about to throw up again...

"This... this is crazy..." He whispered more to himself than to everyone else. "I... I don't like those who point their fingers first...Aiden..." He moved his shaking hands to wipe his tears, shaking his head weakly.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Kye

Kyrsa sat in a folding chair off to one side, looking from the body to those throwing accusations around so casually and couldn't help but shake her head.  The body obviously disturbed her, but she didn't allow that to force her into a rash decision.  "There's no way to know who it is right now..." she murmured, looking around the group.  "Aiden was quick to point the finger, always a mistake... but I don't think he's our culprit.  Perhaps Rhedyn... where were you in the store last night?"

rottenaim

Aim was perpetually late as usual. She probably would be for her own funeral, and considering Natalia’s recent gruesome death, that event could occur a hell of a lot more quickly that she’d ever imagined. It looked as if paranoia and accusations were the Costco special for today, running rampant through the gathered group faster than any black Friday sale imaginable no doubt. Paranoia. She had a healthy dose of that already. It’d kept her alive so far, that and trusty Louisville Slugger she’d procured from the sporting department. So far the accusations seemed a bit weak, at least in her opinion. There wasn’t one here that she really trusted, but there again, she wasn’t really 100% sure that she willing to point a finger at anyone just yet.

Although… the recent upchuck, gross at it may be, in the recycling bin looked a bit brainy-esque to her. Not that she’d ever seen regurgitated brain matter. Seriously, who has? More than likely it was just that pesky paranoia talking, but one can never been too careful or inquisitive when your life was on the line, right? Right. Her gaze cut quickly to the pale one kneeling on the floor. “Dinner disagree with you, Izu? Just what was it you ate?” Maybe they all should purge their last meals and review the contents. Disgusting no? Yeah, well, nobody ever said sleuthing was pretty work.

Imogen

Imogen wrung her hands, nervously looking from one to the other as the situation deteriorated from bad to worse. "Aiden was perhaps a little hasty, but he was right to speak up. We can't know for certain and paranoia might be what will keep us alive. It took courage to cast the first vote, and I'm a bit taken aback with the kongsi forming against doing so. Therefore my vote will go to Marguerite."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Aiden (4) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein, Izu
Leorobin (2) -- Valerian, Rhedyn
Marguerite (2) -- Aiden, Imogen
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Transgirlenstein (1) -- Leorobin
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Sunday, 5 December.

Geeklet

"Aiden may have been hasty, but his reaction to the accusations can be quite telling. We stand a better chance of getting through this together, rather than alone, yet he was rather quick to say 'Fuck it, I wanna leave.' That leads me to believe that perhaps he knows something more than the rest of us."

Aiden

"lapdogs all of you."
He sneered at those who came to the defense of the person he suspected of being a zombie.
"Think for yourself for a change, as I said I will not spend my time twiddling my thumbs and hope that it all works out in the end. If you think I want to be out there instead you are truly a fool but what is worse? Knowing that out there it is you against the world or in here stressing out and wondering who among us is capable of what happened to Natalie?"

"If anything, those of you rallying together are more suspicious then the rest of us."

Marguerite

Marguerite was amused at the lap dog comment considering people were voting for several others in the same direction. "Considering the fact other people are rallying together, we are not the only suspects. Take a look at the votes, people are voting for other individuals too for example, Leorobin, and other singular votes. It is not our fault some of us have banded together to fight as a whole rather than be individual in our fights to be picked off one by one." She looked over to Trip and narrowed her eyes, "You have the last bit of rouge. Do not try to hold out on the rest of us." Once more, she looked towards the voting score, "Hopefully, the dogs are the zombies and we can just shoo them out."

Transgirlenstein

Trip jumped a bit causing the cherry lip baulm to drop from her hand.  She quickly grabbed it and stuffed it into a pocket.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Kyrsa on December 01, 2010, 04:35:47 PM
Perhaps Rhedyn... where were you in the store last night?"

"Me?! I was quite soundly asleep over there guarding the chocolate all night until I was woken by the shrill screams of death!" she sobbed, nursing the precious bar she had snatched to comfort her at this heated meeting.

She rubbed at her temples getting confused by what was going on...everyone was a suspect...could anyone be trusted? She was beginning to change her mind but it was Aiden's sneer that forced her to make the final decision to change her vote...it really did make him look quite dangerous.

Valerian

"You guys do realize that the last thing a zombie's likely to do is to draw attention to himself -- or herself, let's be fair -- by voting first, right?" Val remarked, dryly.  "Unless you all think Aiden's running a clever double-bluff."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Rhedyn

"Hell, if the zombie was clever enough to sneak in with us and fool us all I wouldn't put it past it to be able to devise a cunning double-bluff"

Ryven

Quote from: Rhedyn on December 02, 2010, 03:50:11 PM
"Hell, if the zombie was clever enough to sneak in with us and fool us all I wouldn't put it past it to be able to devise a cunning double-bluff"

"I would just like to point out that cleverness may have nothing to do with it.  As far as we know, everyone was of sound mind before entering here.  They may have just been infected but not completely turned yet.  They may have somehow contracted the infection after entering.  I'm just pointing these facts out for general knowledge."

Imogen

"I doubt we have enough to go on to make a well judged decision. We can hope for luck, or simply vote as our conscience dictates." She wrapped her arms around her and shivered.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Professor Loki Caprion

As the debates continued between the survivors, Loki sat quietly in his little corner of what had become the "common area," not looking at anybody, but clearly listening intently. In their short time in the Costco, he had appropriated some of the items for himself that nobody else would have much use for in a zombie apocalypse; a rather nice wooden desk with a leather chair, and a lovely crystal bowl that he used to house a pretty blue Betta. Up until this point, the poor little fish was living in what used to be a large vodka bottle.

So behind this desk he sat, carefully using a soft cloth to clean up the dissected remains of a clock that he'd sprawled out over the polished wood surface, arranging the bits and bobs in some pattern that seemed rather unfathomable. But, at last, Caprion spoke.

"Imogen is right," he sighed, finally looking up at the assembly through his monocle, "all we have to go on is our actions today. As Valerian noted, I doubt the zombie hiding among us would be leaping to get us mobilized to toss out one of our number. That would just be one less brain on the buffet table for it to dine upon, next time. No... the zombie would want us all right where it could get to us."
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

desert ashes

Distracted was the least that could describe Moirae.  Quite belatedly her lashes fluttered first at Ryven, then to Marguerite, Aiden, Trip, and almost did a full circle, before they landed on the muffin man.  Those full red lips in question form a soft pout, a finger tip lightly dabbing the corners as if to assure herself she hadn't smudged the lipstick in question.  "Truly, Ryven, you can't blame a girl for merely wanting to look cute.  I put on this red because my Raspberry Red has gone suspiciously missing," she said, a small breath sharply exhaled as her mouth pulled down into a small pout.  When would this invasion be done with anyway?  She was so tired of being here in this warehouse. 

Then her eyes turned to Aiden and shoulders lifted with a small shrug.  "Aiden.  He could be the zombie as easily as anyone, I suppose."  In truth she hadn't a clue who to suspect but, well, someone had to be picked.  Voting done, she shifted and began to braid her hair, silently wishing the stupid warehouse carried her preferred brand of conditioner.  Stupid zombies. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

Aiden (6) -- Marguerite, Geeklet, Transgirlenstein, Izu, Rhedyn, Moirae
Marguerite (2) -- Aiden, Imogen
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Professor Loki Caprion

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Sunday, 5 December.

Esoteric Myobi

As the debate continued, with several interludes about missing cosmetics, Myobi found that she still could not decide who among them was guilty of the atrocious act...if any of them were truly guilty at all. The arguments from each side held their own reasonings, some more sound than others. At the moment, it looked like most were pointing their fingers at Aiden. True, he had discovered the incident first and jumped to conclusions rather quickly (then again, who wouldn't panic in this situation?) but a part of her still doubted herself. Would the zombie amongst them truly bring attention to themselves in such a way? Why not just slink in the background and lay low?

On the other hand, Marguerite seemed fixated on the idea that it was actually the animals that were infected. Who the hell let the animals in anyway? Didn't they have enough mouths to feed? Not to mention how she and a few others continued to bounce from the horrendous death to...chapstick of all things? It all seemed a little too nonchalant to Myobi, even if Marguerite was just reciprocating Aiden's accusation, her seemingly uncaring attitude sent shivers down her spine.

For now, she was still undecided. It was better to wait until she voiced her opinion, but for now she would continue observing from the sidelines.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

Marguerite (3) -- Aiden, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Leorobin (1) -- Valerian
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Professor Loki Caprion

Beguile's Mistress

Beguiles came wandering in from heaven knows where with several books tucked under one arm and another open in her hands.  As usual she was off reading somewhere quiet while all the drama stirred around her.  She looked around and listened to the debate and when a silent moment happened she spoke in her usual quiet voice, looking up from her book.  It was an historical romance, something she was very fond of.

"Well, if you want my opinion it couldn't be Aiden.  He's so cranky and grouchy he'd be eating brains for breakfast, lunch and dinner."  Walking over to a stack of lawn chairs she opened one and sat down, crossing one shapely leg over the other.  "I could be the zombie if it weren't for the fact that I'm a vegetarian and I'm on a diet.  Nope.  Not me and not Aiden.  I'll tell you who I think it is."  Looking at each in turn she pointed across the way at Leorobin.  "It's him." 

"And you should all change your votes if you think it's Aiden.  We're going to need his brand of nasty to survive this sweet mess we're in!"  Seconds later her nose was in her book again and she was oblivious to the commotion.

Remiel

Final voting for Day 1:

Marguerite (3) -- Aiden, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Leorobin (2) -- Valerian, Beguile's Mistress
Izu (1) -- rottenaim
Moirae (1) -- Ryven
Rhedyn (1) -- Kyrsa
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Valerian

Total votes needed to evict: 9

As night set for the first time after the horrific discovery, it appeared there were two camps within the survivors' council: those who believed Aiden could have been guilty of such a deed, and those who did not.  In the end, those who suspected him of being a bloodthirsty zombie simply did not have any sufficient proof, and it was decided that, on this night at least, he would be allowed to stay.   The survivors retreated to their own corners of the store, bracing themselves for what the night would bring...

I now need to hear from the Doctor, Nurse, Military Veteran, Scientist, and Zombie(s).  Please PM me with who you would like to target with your respective abilities.

Remiel

A new day dawned, although an atmosphere of tension and suspicion still reigned within the Costco warehouse.  The good news: no new bodies were discovered in the morning; all remaining survivors were accounted for.  The bad news: they were still no closer to discovering the identity of Natalia's murderer than they had been the night before. 

As the council met for the second time, would any new information come to light?

Remaining survivors:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Wednesday, 15 December.

Aiden

The day before he had almost sealed his fate by being the first to bring up suspicions on players and because of that he held a grudge and did not care if he had to be the first one to incite the crowd, better that then to live in fear.
"Transgirlenstein...mind tell us what you where up to last night?"

Imogen

Imogen rubbed the sleep from her eyes and glanced about her, relieved to see everyone still present. Looking over at Aiden she grimaced. His reasons were easily understood and although she did not approve of them, she was still shocked by yesterday's proceedings. There had to be better reasons to suspect someone than being a first voter or vengeance. Still, if there were they eluded her and she shrugged helplessly.

"I'm more interested to hear why you voted so eagerly for Aiden yesterday, Transgirlenstein. Was it only because he spoke up first? If you have some real knowledge, then please share it with us/" She would gladly change her vote if she had something to work with.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

He awoke clutching his shotgun to him for dear life.  Sadly, he had drooled all down the barrel in his slumber, so he would have to clean it yet again.  Whilst doing so, he looked up at the others suspiciously.

"Well, I think it might be Valerian.  Just look at those eerie green eyes.  It could just be the flickering light of the lanterns, but I'd err on the side of caution here."

Geeklet

"Well now, this is certainly a pleasant surprise." Shi took a moment to gaze at hir reflection, touching up a few bits of makeup which were never washed off the night before. Going into the bathroom for the running water? Alone? Yeah, that would have just made hirself a target.

Once she was sure everything was fine, Geeklet looked back to the rest of the group an spoke up. "Thinking back on the events of yesterday, I am curious as to why Professor Loki Caprion never even uttered a word. Even if he isn't the walking dead, right now, he is not helping us either."

Professor Loki Caprion

He was seated behind his desk, as usual, this time assembling the polished gears into some sort of device that looks as if it could have possibly been used as a weapon by one with more sanity than Loki. At Geeklet's accusation, he glanced up, annoyed.

"Now, now, let's be clear," he replied calmly, "I did speak, yesterday. I simply did not accuse anybody of being a zombie traitor."

Taking out his monocle for a moment, Loki rubbed the bridge of his nose. "However, if you really want to figure out who is attempting to rout us from the inside out, I suggest looking toward the one who attempts to cause the most strife among us. Aiden may have been acting somewhat brashly in his initial accusation, but Marguerite's reaction to it was most interesting, wouldn't you say?"

Geeklet

Shi sat and pondered this for a moment, thinking back on the previous days events, then let out a somewhat reluctant sigh.

"Yeah, I guess you are right. Though you didn't speak much, I must have overlooked it. Never did say I had a good memory."

Valerian

For a few moments, Val pondered the odd fact that Aiden suddenly seemed to have become almost immune to being voted out, even though he'd been the favorite target yesterday.  Well, the zombie apocalypse was bound to do strange things to people.

"We have to get some information," she said, almost to herself.  "We can't keep voting ourselves into a stalemate and not getting rid of anyone, or we'll just get picked off one by one.  I have to vote for Transgirlenstein.  We need to get a quorum this time, or we're doomed."  She went back to cuddling her copy of Pride and Prejudice unhappily.  It was one of the few intact books left, most of the rest having been burned for heat or used as toilet tissue, and she was very protective of it.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Geeklet

"I have a question. Other than the fact that she was quick to jump on Aiden for speaking first, which I myself did, why should we vote for Transgirlenstein?"

Valerian

"Ask them."  Val waved vaguely at Aiden and Imogen.  "All I did was pick the person who had the most votes so far, so we could get a quorum, like I said."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Transgirlenstein (3) --  Aiden, Imogen, Valerian
Marguerite (1) -- Professor Loki Caprion
Professor Loki Caprion (1) -- Geeklet
Valerian (1) -- Ryven
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Izu, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, Moirae, Rhedyn, rottenaim, Transgirlenstein

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Wednesday, 15 December.

Zelric Miras

"I would say that Marguerite's actitude was suspicious, she was quite eager to make sure Aiden was kicked out." He spoke in a flat tone, making sure his voice carried to those around the table. HIs eyes moved from one of them to the next, wondering which had been responsible for Natalia's death.

Rhedyn

Looking around at everyone she was relieved to see they were all present and no-one else had become a zombie snack overnight and yet they were no closer to discovering who had committed the atrocity. "I can't help but wonder why Professor Loki Caprion did not vote yesterday...it seems a little suspicious to me."

Marguerite

Quote from: Leorobin on December 10, 2010, 11:15:51 AM
"I would say that Marguerite's actitude was suspicious, she was quite eager to make sure Aiden was kicked out." He spoke in a flat tone, making sure his voice carried to those around the table. HIs eyes moved from one of them to the next, wondering which had been responsible for Natalia's death.

"Everyone wants everyone out no matter what, Leorobin. Besides, you were saved from being thrown out the last time. Try not to be too sure of yourself though Professor Loki Caprion will be given the favor."

Zelric Miras

"¿Saved from being thrown out? Hardly, I do recall you had more votes on your back than I did." Leorobin lifted adn eyebrow and shook his head. "Although that quick comeback doesn't help your case either. Are you nervous about something?"

Transgirlenstein

Transgirlenstein finished her makeup, adding some of the cherry lip gloss to her lips.  She stepped out to be confronted by a rather angry Aiden.  "Why do you hate me so much?!"  She cried out.  "I spent last night going through the remains of the pretzel stand.  It's torture seeing that stand everyday but not being able to get a mall pretzel."

"I don't know why everyone is ganging up on me.  I won't stoop to your level again Aiden.  I vote for Professor Loki Caprion.  He has been rather silent."

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Transgirlenstein on December 10, 2010, 07:32:18 PM
"I don't know why everyone is ganging up on me.  I won't stoop to your level again Aiden.  I vote for Professor Loki Caprion.  He has been rather silent."

He rolls his eyes at the voices being cast, going back to work on his devices. "Of course. You complain about being ganged up on, then join another lynch mob? This is precisely why I stayed quiet, last time. I'm actually attempting to do things to keep us safe, rather than worry over bloody make up."

Remiel

Professor Loki Caprion (4) -- Geeklet, Rhedyn, Marguerite, Transgirlenstein
Marguerite (2) -- Professor Loki Caprion, Leorobin
Valerian (1) -- Ryven
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Izu, Kyrsa, Moirae, rottenaim

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, nine (9) votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Wednesday, 15 December.

Kye

Kyrsa glanced back and forth between Loki and Transgirlenstein with a slight frown on her face.  "In all likelyhood neither of you are infected.  I think Marguerite might be however.  I am more than willing to listen to anyone who might have some solid idea of who it might be..."

Remiel

Professor Loki Caprion (4) -- Geeklet, Rhedyn, Marguerite, Transgirlenstein
Transgirlenstein (4) --  Aiden, Imogen, Valerian, Esoteric Myobi
Marguerite (3) -- Professor Loki Caprion, Leorobin, Kyrsa
Valerian (1) -- Ryven
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Izu, Moirae, rottenaim

Geeklet

"I'm still curious about those who don't seem to have spoken up much. If we are going to get to the bottom of this, then we ALL need to speak up. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and saying too much might draw more suspicion and thus potentially get thrown out into the wild. However, to remain quiet, and thus, under the radar of everyone else, does look suspicious, does it not?"

Hir eyes looked over a few of those gathered, specifically rottenaim, Beguile's Mistress, Izu, and then finally settled upon Moirae, eying the woman a bit before speaking. "With all the talk against Transgirlenstein for jumping against Aiden yesterday, what about Moirae? She was the last one to hop on that bandwagon"

Ryven

I would like to change my vote to Professor Loki Caprion.

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Ryven on December 13, 2010, 04:47:45 PM
I would like to change my vote to Professor Loki Caprion.

"Hmm," he mused, "perhaps I should change my vote to myself, as well. That way, when you all find another corpse tomorrow morning, you'll realize how daft you're all being."

Ryven

Given that a day has passed already, there could be more than one zombie, so it wouldn't be all that much surprising if we did find another body.

Beguile's Mistress

"It isn't all that hard to figure out.  I don't think it's the Professor.  No I don't."  Beguile spoke up from behind the stacks of 5-gallon buckets of paint where she was laying in a hammock with a ballpoint pen and a Sudoku puzzle book.  "It's Marguerite!  Believe me, it's her."

Izu

He could tell that paranoia was starting to get over not only him, but everyone else in here. He stayed quiet for a long time as he listened to everyone's accusations towards each other. Did he have to vote? He guessed he had to... Otherwise the zombies were going to multiply with each next night and they were going to be doomed. "Professor... sorry..." He finally mumbled, looking down and sighing.

Remiel

Professor Loki Caprion (5) -- Rhedyn, Marguerite, Transgirlenstein, Ryven, Izu
Transgirlenstein (4) --  Aiden, Imogen, Valerian, Esoteric Myobi
Marguerite (4) -- Professor Loki Caprion, Leorobin, Kyrsa, Beguile's Mistress
Moirae (1) -- Geeklet
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Valerian
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Yet to vote: Moirae, rottenaim

Ryven

Looks like there will be no exile this time either.

Geeklet

The day isn't over yet. People can still change their minds.

Zelric Miras

"There can still be..." Leorobin muttered glancing around. "We have to begin making decisions on consensus. We will have less chances of survival or of finding who is the zombie if we don't group. So far I see we have three groups. My votes stands firm, so you know where my opinion is." He took his seat again and looked at the faces of those around the table, wether his words would have any impact or not, it remained to be seen.

desert ashes

Quote from: Geeklet on December 13, 2010, 03:43:04 PM
"I'm still curious about those who don't seem to have spoken up much. If we are going to get to the bottom of this, then we ALL need to speak up. I know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and saying too much might draw more suspicion and thus potentially get thrown out into the wild. However, to remain quiet, and thus, under the radar of everyone else, does look suspicious, does it not?"

Hir eyes looked over a few of those gathered, specifically rottenaim, Beguile's Mistress, Izu, and then finally settled upon Moirae, eying the woman a bit before speaking. "With all the talk against Transgirlenstein for jumping against Aiden yesterday, what about Moirae? She was the last one to hop on that bandwagon"

"Hey now, don't go pointing that finger at me.  I haven't infected anyone, nor am I some zombie mindlessly walking about."  Moirae's brows narrowed as she glanced over the group.  How was it a zombie could be hiding there among them?  They were always so easily to see in the movies.  "Personally I haven't a clue who infected or whomever might be, but it's not me, and I am only voting for Geeklet in return.  I'm sorry, but I can't jump on anyone's bandwagon to condemn them without proof."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

Marguerite (5) -- Professor Loki Caprion, Leorobin, Kyrsa, Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet (1) -- Moirae
Moirae (1) -- Geeklet
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Valerian
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Yet to vote: rottenaim

Aiden

Rather than wait for another night of indecision, he decides to change his vote and hope it inspires a few to do the same.
"Margaret"

Remiel

Final voting -- Day Two

Marguerite (6) -- Professor Loki Caprion, Leorobin, Kyrsa, Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Aiden
Transgirlenstein (2) --  Imogen, Valerian
Geeklet (1) -- Moirae
Moirae (1) -- Geeklet
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Valerian
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven

Total votes needed to evict:  9

As the sun set on the second evening after the grisly discovery, it seemed that the consensus of suspicion had shifted from Aiden to two other targets: Marguerite and Professor Loki Caprion.   Most agreed that, of all the survivors, those were the two whose actions had been the most peculiar; but, as before, no one had any proof of guilt.  If anyone had any particular knowledge about the grisly incident, it seemed that they were keeping it very close to the vest.   Although tempers ran high, and frustration was evident, neither side could manage a majority.  And so both Marguerite and Professor Loki Caprion were both allowed to stay, as every one of the survivors retreated to their private corners to sleep fitfully once more. 

The second night has fallen.  All those with active roles, please PM me your choice of targets.

Remiel

The sun dawned for the third time after the discovery of Natalia's mangled corpse; unfortunately, it would soon become apparent that the night was far more eventful than the previous night had been.  The bodies of Imogen and Aiden were found in different corners of the warehouse, each with their necks snapped and their brains eaten.  It would seem that there was more than one undead predator hiding among the survivors.

Additionally, a search of Imogen's possessions revealed the startling discovery of a cache of hypodermic syringes and vials containing some sort of vaccine, revealing her to be the Nurse.  Unfortunately, during the struggle, the vials were all shattered and destroyed, her vaccines rendered useless.

Remaining survivors:

Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Aiden (Survivor), eaten by zombies, night 2
Imogen (Nurse), eaten by zombies, night 2

Remiel

Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Marguerite
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Izu, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Rhedyn, rottenaim, Ryven, Transgirlenstein, Valerian

Reminder: In order to be exiled from the compound, a majority of votes need to be cast for a single person by 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Friday, 24 December.

Valerian

Val paused in building her new, private barricade in a deserted corner long enough to look over at the others.  "Geometric progression, anyone?  We'd better get rid of one of those hungry critters today, or before you know it, all of us will be waking up dead.  Maybe we should've voted Marguerite out yesterday after all."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Geeklet

"Yeah, we definitely need to get rid of someone an hope it is the right choice. And though I hate to sound morbid, now that a few more victims have been taken, perhaps we can figure something out from who the zombies chose to eat? If they are smart enough to hide amongst us like this, surely some thought was given into why they chose their victims."

Ryven

Ryven awoke from a very nasty dream.  He'd dreamed that some rude hippopotamus had sat down next to him in the local pub causing him to knock over his root beer and drench his prized collection of pogs.  Later he found out that it was not pogs but rather his shotgun that had been soaked by the pot of coffee that had cooled sitting next to him.  He couldn't quite place the hippo though.

Whilst cleaning up the mess and preparing to clean his shotgun yet again, he looked up to the group and gave his thoughts.  "While I'd hate to send an innocent out to their doom, it's better than us getting wiped out by the zombies already here.  I'll have to agree with Val.  Marguerite has my vote."

Rhedyn

The stark realisations of the morning brought new dread to Rhedyn. She looked around the remaining group from her corner warily, flicking from one face to the next. Her sights settled briefly on the Professor, with no evidence to the contrary her vote would remain there.

desert ashes

Nervously Moirae nibbled over her lower lip.  Out of all the suspicious behavior... "I, too, shall vote for Marguerite."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Professor Loki Caprion

With a heavy sigh, the Professor tapped a food pellet into his fishbowl, shaking his head. "Geeklet is right; there is a pattern to the victims of these grisly murders. It seems odd that anybody who votes along with Marguerite is safe from being eaten. Curious."

Remiel

Marguerite (4) -- Valerian, Ryven, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion
Professor Loki Caprion (1) -- Rhedyn
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Izu, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, rottenaim, Transgirlenstein

The voting shall be extended by one week due to the holiday season.  All votes are due 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Friday, 31 December.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everybody!

Kye

A decision had to be made, and as much as Kyrsa hated that fact she had to admit that Marguerite appeared suspect, at least in her mind.  "Marguerite..." she murmured, agreeing with the others reluctantly.

Marguerite

"Now, how do I appear the most suspect?," she questioned, cocking an eyebrow at those who assumed she was the hungry zombie feasting on brains.

Remiel

Marguerite (5) -- Valerian, Ryven, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion (1) -- Rhedyn
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Izu, Leorobin, Marguerite, rottenaim, Transgirlenstein

The voting shall be extended by one week due to the holiday season.  All votes are due 1:00 pm GMT (9:00pm PST) Friday, 31 December.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everybody!

Transgirlenstein

She looked thoughtful.  Could it be Miss Marg?  Her and Miss Marg had always been very close and she had never shown the desire to eat brains before.  She bit her lip, looking fretful as her eyes darted between her and Miss Marg.  "I..I think I'll vote for Professor Loki."  She just hoped that she wasn't wrong about her dear friend.

Geeklet

Geeklet looked amongst those there and contemplated. Shi had a good idea of who at least one zombie was, but for now she simply watched the reactions of others, trying to figure out a second as well, keeping hir vote to hirself for the time being.

Remiel

Marguerite (5) -- Valerian, Ryven, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Kyrsa
Professor Loki Caprion (2) -- Rhedyn, Transgirlenstein
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Moirae
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Izu, Leorobin, Marguerite, rottenaim

Marguerite

Marguerite placed her vote in for Professor Loki Caprion , still believing he could be the zombie. She wondered what he was hiding under his hat. A half-eaten brain riddled with maggots and waiting to be eaten by him when no one was giving him the eye? Marguerite would keep her distance from him.

Esoteric Myobi

Spooked by the two recent deaths, it was becoming clear that the zombies had managed to multiply...and the chances of survival were slimming. A majority vote had to be made, and while Myobi still had slight doubts as to whether or not Marguerite were actually the zombie in question she convinced herself that one less person in the group meant more chances of finding the culprit.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Izu

Izu couldn't help but whisper Professor Loki Caprion's name. He didn't know who the monsters were, but he just wanted to believe that it wasn't Marg...

Geeklet

Geeklet finally broke hir silence and gave a mournful look towards Marguerite as she spoke.

"You know I love ya, hun, but you have been acting a bit weird lately. And the more I've looked into things, the more I've come to this harsh realization. As much as I hate to say it, you are a zombie."

Marguerite

Quote from: Geeklet on December 31, 2010, 08:05:19 PM
Geeklet finally broke hir silence and gave a mournful look towards Marguerite as she spoke.

"You know I love ya, hun, but you have been acting a bit weird lately. And the more I've looked into things, the more I've come to this harsh realization. As much as I hate to say it, you are a zombie."

"Damn, Geeklet, you really broke my damn heart. Give me back my lip balm and leave me," she answered, holding her hand out to take back her lip balm. If Geeklet really though that of her, she wanted her things back.

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile uses the only logical move she can think of and votes for Marguerite.  By this point, even if she's innocent and uninfected Beguile decides that she must be taken out so the party can move on through the game!

Marguerite

How nice to know I could be innocent but I must be voted off so we can continue this game.

-Cocks a brow-

Beguile's Mistress

Marguerite

Nice, Beguile, if you get eaten when I am not there to defend, it is your fault.

-Nods-

Remiel

Final Voting Day Three:

Marguerite (8) -- Valerian, Ryven, Moirae, Professor Loki Caprion, Kyrsa, Esoteric Myobi, Geeklet, Beguile's Mistress
Professor Loki Caprion (4) -- Rhedyn, Transgirlenstein, Marguerite, Izu

Didn't vote: Leorobin, rottenaim

Votes cast: 12
Votes needed to evict: 7

As the third day drew to a close, it seemed that most of the survivors were hesitant to cast their votes.  Whether fearful of retribution, wary of condemning an innocent person to an almost certain death sentence, or simply fatigued by that morning's traumatic events, the survivors seemed to have difficulty deciding on a course of action.  In the end, however, a consensus was ultimately reached: Marguerite would be turned out from the Costco fortress.

Soberly, everyone watched as she was forced out of the exit, after which it was locked and barricaded behind her.  The same thought ran through most of the watchers' heads: had the group had just murdered an innocent human being?

However, a search of Margerite's belongings revealed a startling discovery: a blood-soaked scrap of a shirt, its edges violently ripped.  Further investigation revealed that it belonged to Natalia, the first victim.  The survivors could only conclude that Marguerite was, in fact, a zombie.

A sense of grim relief and solace settled over the camp as the survivors retreated to their own enclaves once more.  Hopefully, with Marguerite gone for good, there would be no more horrible murders....right?

All those with active roles, please message me with your targets for the night.

Remiel

A new day dawned, and with it, hope sprung anew.   All the remaining survivors were accounted for; there were no macabre and unpleasant discoveries.  With Marguerite gone, it seemed that the zombie nightmare was over.

Or was it?

A scream from little Frieda brought everyone running.  In Aisle 6, opposite the frozen pizzas (which, by now, were no longer frozen), there was a puddle of blood staining the floor.  What could it mean?  Was there another zombie lurking within the store?

Once again, the Survivors' Council met to decide what to do.

Remaining survivors:

Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
Rhedyn
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Marguerite (Zombie), exiled, day 3
Aiden (Survivor), eaten by zombies, night 2
Imogen (Nurse), eaten by zombies, night 2

All votes are due by the end of Monday, January 10.

Zelric Miras

"There seems to still be zombies amongst us." Leorobin glanced at those on the table, one of them had either been infected or had been the first zombie, luckily there was one less to worry about, hopefully only one remained.

Ryven

"There must be another one!"  He eyes the other people before settling on Kyrsa.  "I think it was her.  I've always suspected she had a taste for blood."

Geeklet

Hmmm, I don't know. I am wondering about Rhedyn, though

Zelric Miras

"I will side with Geeklet in this one, perhaps her instincts are right? I vote for Rhedyn as well" Leorobin shrugs as he casts his vote, but his face is serious. The issue they are discussing is not to be taken lightly. It's their own survival after all.

Rhedyn

"Me!? What have I done?" Well ok...there was the little fact she had sided with a zombie, but so had many others and she hadn't known Marguerite had a bit of a craving for brains when she had done it. That didn't automatically make her one too. She blushed, feeling stupid that she hadn't seen it and fearful that she could be evicted next...or worse. "I think Kyrsa gets my vote too."

Transgirlenstein

She stood next to Geeklet.  "I also vote for Rhedyn."

Valerian

"Well, I'm still just as confused as ever," Val said with a sigh.  "But maybe it is Rhedyn."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile saw the confusion on the faces of her comrades but had made up her mind in much the same way as she had before.

"Something tells me it's Rhedyn.  I'm not sure why but my instincts served me earlier so I might as well trust them again."

God help me if I'm wrong she thought.

Professor Loki Caprion

Sitting behind his desk, the Professor didn't seem to be listening to the others, instead staring at the little whirling loops that his fish was making within the bowl. However, his mind was calculating every word being said and every action his comrades have taken.

"I have to agree with the rest... Rhedyn seemed very eager to support Marguerite in every vote."

Remiel

Rhedyn (6) -- Geeklet, Leorobin, Transgirlenstein, Valerian, Beguile's Mistress, Professor Loki Caprion
Kyrsa (3) -- Ryven, Rhedyn, Izu
Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi
Geeklet
Izu
Leorobin
Moirae
Professor Loki Caprion
rottenaim
Ryven
Transgirlenstein
Valerian

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, Kyrsa, Moirae, rottenaim

Reminder: voting for Day 4 closes at the end of Monday.

Izu

desert ashes

Moirae emerged, wrapped tight in a blanket from nearly head to toe, her hair disheveled and eyes wide, swollen and red.  "Perhaps it is Rhyden... "  She swallowed hard and slowly lowered the blanket down to her shoulders, the bite mark on her neck not having healed. "I'm afraid I have some distressing news.  Something... something bit me last night.  I... I can't feel my toes.  Or my fingers.  It's so cold in here.  Can anyone help me?  I don't know who bit me, who infected me.  I'm just... "  Her eyes watered again and she clung to the blanket, shuddered violently.  "Just retreating now.  I really hope I don't eat anyone before it's too late... and if it does become too late, please don't let me be a cannibal.  The carbonated drinks were bad enough."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi truly didn't know who to vote for but from the looks of it, it really wouldn't matter where she cast her vote as it was obvious that the latest suspected target was Rhyden. The majority had been right last time, she could only hope that the same applied this time as well.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kye

Kyrsa snorted slightly and shook her head at the people who were voting for her.  "I know it's not me, and that's all I know.  I have absolutely no craving for flesh and blood.  Rhedyn... I have my doubts that it is you, but I have to place my vote somewhere.  I will trust in some of the others who voted for Marguerite and hope that they are right again."

Remiel

Final Voting Day Four:

Rhedyn(9) -- Geeklet, Leorobin, Transgirlenstein, Valerian, Beguile's Mistress, Professor Loki Caprion, Moirae, Esoteric Myobi, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (3) -- Ryven, Rhedyn, Izu

Didn't vote: rottenaim

Votes cast: 12
Votes needed to evict: 7

Once again, the survivors had difficulty coming to a decision.  As the day wore on, it seemed that most had given up and resorted  to a fatalistic apathy.  However, at the 11th hour, it was decided that Rhedyn should be forced out of the compound.

As it had been done the day before, Rhedyn was given a few minutes to collect her things before she was marched at gunpoint to the exit.  The heavy metal doors were slammed tight behind her, sealing her to her fate.

At first, the zombies seemed to take an interest in her; however, they quickly recognized her as one of their own--for Rhedyn, like Marguerite before her, was a Zombie.

Once again, wisdom had prevailed; were the survivors now, at long last, finally safe?

All those with active roles, please message me with your targets for the night.

Remiel

The morning dawned, once again, with no new unpleasant surprises.  The only sound to break the twilight silence was the sound of Moirae's laboured breathing, as she wrestled with the zombie infection.  Blankets pulled up to her chin, her complexion pale and clammy, she was barely aware as Dr. Geeklet hunched over her, an expression of intense concentration on hir face. 

Geeket reached into hir medical supplies bag and withdrew a hypodermic syringe;  it was one of the last remaining doses of the zombie virus vaccine in hir possession.  Carefully, Geeklet administered the medicine, injecting it into Moirae's arm; then she stepped back and held hir breath.

It took a few minutes for anything to happen; then Moirae coughed, her eyelids fluttering.  It was clear that the woman was fighting for her life.  Quickly, Geeklet replaced the water-soaked rags on Moirae's forehead in an effort to combat the raging fever.

At last, when the first few rays of sunlight poked through the Costco warehouse's skylight windows, Moirae's eyes opened.  Geeklet tensed, bracing for the worst...but then, slowly, Moirae flashed a weak smile.  Geeklet sank into a chair with exultant relief.  The worst was over; Moirae was alive.  She had prevailed over the killer virus.

With Moirae's healing, the zombies had been expelled from the base for good.  The morning sun filtered down, chasing away the gloom, carrying with it the promise of a new hope.   The Survivors would endure, and thrive, safe at last.  Perhaps...someday...life would once again return to normal.  It would take a lot of work, but perhaps, just perhaps, civilization could be rebuilt.

Congratulations, Survivors! You have triumphed!

ZOMBIES ATE MY BRAIN!
A POST-APOCALYPTIC LOVE STORY

Starring

MARGUERITE  as the Zombie
RHEDYN  as the Infected

Also Starring

GEEKLET  as the Doctor
IMOGEN  as the Nurse
KYRSA  as the Military Veteran
LEOROBIN  as the Scientist
PROFESSOR LOKI CAPRION  as the Survivalist
IZU  as the Psychic
VALERIAN  as Immune #1
RYVEN  as Immune #2

And

MOIRAE, AIDEN, ROTTENAIM, BEGUILE'S MISTRESS, TRANSGIRLENSTEIN, and ESOTERIC MYOBI

As the survivors

Music provided by your own imagination.   No zombies were harmed in the making of this game.  Copyright 2010 no rights reserved.

Round-by-round breakdown soon to follow! Thanks for playing, everybody!

Beguile's Mistress

Hilarious out-takes!

At one point during the story Beguile opened a lawn chair to sit and relax while the vote was being discussed.  Not realizing the chair was defective it collapsed beneath her when she sat in it leaving her with a stupid and surprised look on her face.

Marguerite

Zelric Miras

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on January 13, 2011, 01:14:52 PM
Hilarious out-takes!

At one point during the story Beguile opened a lawn chair to sit and relax while the vote was being discussed.  Not realizing the chair was defective it collapsed beneath her when she sat in it leaving her with a stupid and surprised look on her face.
Love your  avatar BeMi. ^3^

Hilarious out-takes! 2

The scientist spent four hours testing a sample of Marguerite's skin. The test was inconclusive and, after further, examination he cursed whoever had changed his sample for a piece of bacon.

Valerian

Hilarious out-takes 3!

Val half-wakes up to discover a zombie attempting to chew on her neck to infect her.  She waves the zombie away and mutters, "Not tonight, I have a headache," before rolling over and going back to sleep.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Record of Events:

Day One:
Nobody is voted out.

Night One:
Marguerite (Zombie) targets Imogen (Nurse) for infection.
Kyrsa (Veteran) protects Geeklet (Doctor).
Imogen (Nurse) treats Ryven (Immune).
Geeklet (Doctor) treats Transgirlenstein (Survivor).
Leorobin (Scientist) investigates Marguerite and discovers she is a Zombie.
Rhedyn (Infected) turns into a Zombie.
Imogen is Infected.

Day Two:
Nobody is voted out.

Night Two:
Imogen (Infected) uses her vaccine to turn herself back into the Nurse.
Kyrsa (Veteran) protects Transgirlenstein (Survivor).
Marguerite (Zombie) attacks and eats Aiden (Survivor).
Rhedyn (Zombie) attacks and eats Imogen (Nurse).
Geeklet (Doctor) treats Marguerite (Zombie).  The vaccine does no good, but Geeklet discovers Marguerite is a zombie.
Leorobin (Scientist) investigates Rhedyn and discovers she is a zombie.

Day Three:
Marguerite (Zombie) is voted out of the warehouse.

Night Three:
Geeklet (Doctor) treats Professor Loki Caprion (Survivalist).  The vaccine is ineffective.
Rhedyn (Zombie) targets Moirae (Survivor) for infection.
Leorobin (Scientist) investigates Izu (Psychic) and learns nothing in particular.
Kyrsa (Veteran) protects Beguile's Mistress (Survivor).
Moirae is Infected.

Day Four:
Rhedyn (Zombie) is voted out of the warehouse.

Night Four:
Kyrsa (Veteran) protects Beguile's Mistress (Survivor).
Leorobin (Scientist) investigates Ryven (Immune), but it's a moot point, as...
Geeklet (Doctor) treats Moirae (Infected) and cures her of the infection.

Since there are no Infected and no zombies left, the Survivors win.